Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Hibs (and Karl). 16:55 - May 21 with 28039 viewsnewgolddream

Congrats to Hibs. 114 years is a long time. Enjoy da celebrations Karl.

[Post edited 23 May 2016 8:50]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:50 - May 22 with 4723 viewsterryb

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:35 - May 22 by FredManRave

Thanks Fred,

A little bit better than listening to Bubbles etc!
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 23:18 - May 22 with 4648 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:50 - May 22 by terryb

Thanks Fred,

A little bit better than listening to Bubbles etc!

Hi terry, back home now. Yeah Sunshine on Leith is now our anthem. Proclaimers are big Hibs fans so all the more connection to the club.
What a day that was, just brilliant really, we were on the pitch around the 18 yard line and everything was good natured wandering about singing and then back up to the stands.
Obviously there was some sh*t going on but i've seen youtube from the Rangers end where they're streaming onto the pitch too, there's one (filmed from the Rangers crowd) of two of them trying to snatch a child Hibs fan, its blood chilling tbh so no way can those hypocrites put all the blame on Hibs.
However i don't give a toss, they'll never take that day off us and any punishment is f all compared to that.
Thank you for all the good wishes, it was as good as Wembley but i managed to escape without DistortR stamping all over my glasses this time!

Were you at the game Konk?

Edit
[Post edited 22 May 2016 23:38]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 23:37 - May 22 with 4632 viewsTacticalR

Well done.

Air hostess clique

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 23:48 - May 22 with 4626 viewsBoston

To be truthful and watching closely, only a few Hibs gave it large, one or two threw some punches but the only trouble verging 'riot' was when Rangers hundred or so came onto the field. I note that the overwhelming majority of fans on the field were either unaware or couldn't care what was happening, certainly no mass squaring off. Give Hibs the Cup and send GRFC back two divisions.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 00:04 - May 23 with 4619 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 23:48 - May 22 by Boston

To be truthful and watching closely, only a few Hibs gave it large, one or two threw some punches but the only trouble verging 'riot' was when Rangers hundred or so came onto the field. I note that the overwhelming majority of fans on the field were either unaware or couldn't care what was happening, certainly no mass squaring off. Give Hibs the Cup and send GRFC back two divisions.

Couldn't think of a better outcome Boston!
One thing i was aware of was a very loud rendition of 'Billy Boys' (A banned song very offensive to Catholics in Scotland) probably 2-3 minutes after final whistle. My guess (it is me adding 2 + 2) is that this would have drawn a lot of Hibs supporters over towards the Rangers support and could well have started/inflamed the more confrontational scenes.
All that said we were in the stand halfway up our half and my 10 yr old asks if we can go on the pitch, i instinctively said no but at the same time i thought this will never happen again so we all just walked down and wandered about, no way i would have taken her and 6 yr old brother on if i thought it was a dodgy situation.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 08:21 - May 23 with 4562 viewsKonk

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 23:18 - May 22 by karl

Hi terry, back home now. Yeah Sunshine on Leith is now our anthem. Proclaimers are big Hibs fans so all the more connection to the club.
What a day that was, just brilliant really, we were on the pitch around the 18 yard line and everything was good natured wandering about singing and then back up to the stands.
Obviously there was some sh*t going on but i've seen youtube from the Rangers end where they're streaming onto the pitch too, there's one (filmed from the Rangers crowd) of two of them trying to snatch a child Hibs fan, its blood chilling tbh so no way can those hypocrites put all the blame on Hibs.
However i don't give a toss, they'll never take that day off us and any punishment is f all compared to that.
Thank you for all the good wishes, it was as good as Wembley but i managed to escape without DistortR stamping all over my glasses this time!

Were you at the game Konk?

Edit
[Post edited 22 May 2016 23:38]

Hello Karl,

Congratulations mate — the hoodoo is lifted and the fact that you got to see it with your kids is priceless. Did you stop in Glasgow or Edinburgh after the game or head home?

I wasn’t at the game — with the wait for a Scottish cup win, I’ve never felt comfortable taking a ticket for the final, so I’ve been to semi-finals, and I’ve been to League cup finals, but I’ve never gone up for a Scottish cup final and my Dad’s the same. Probably a bit daft as it’s not like I’d be denying a regular a ticket, and in the past I’ve travelled up for plenty of run-of-the-mill games, but I know what the cup has meant to Hibs, and however much I’d loved to have been there, it was never going to mean as much to me as to someone who’s grown-up with Hibs as their main club.

I watched the game with a lad who comes up to watch Hibs with us — great match — and had a good old drink-up afterwards. Had messages from Scottish mates/clients who support other sides, all chuffed that Hibs had finally won the cup. Although a colleague/mate who’s a Jambo, seems to have disappeared since Saturday evening! To anyone who doesn’t understand the scale of Hibs cup obsession, it’s born from 114 years of waiting, 10 consecutive losing appearances in cup finals and looking at clubs who’ve won it in the interim, as Scotland’s 4/5th biggest club, it’s a mystery how Hibs had managed to avoid winning the thing. Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Third Lanark, Falkirk, Killie, Partick, Morton, Airdrie, St Mirren, East Fife, Clyde, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Dundee United, St Johnstone and Inverness Caley Thistle have all won it since 1902.

A real shame to see bits of bother at the end — hopefully everyone who got involved in that sh ite will get dealt with by the courts, but the vast, vast majority of the fans on the pitch were obviously just celebrating after winning the cup in such dramatic fashion. But if one good thing came out of it, it’s the fact that Rangers released the best, tired and emotional official club statement ever. I genuinely thought this was a wind-up when I saw it posted on another forum. The self-pitying paranoia is hilarious. As someone who’s had the pleasure of visiting Ibrox with Hibs, enjoyed their impeccable behaviour in Edinburgh when visiting ER, been abused as a “Fenian cu nt” for the duration of a relaxing Glasgow > London flight by a group of their fans, and most memorably, spent a lovely day in Manchester at the UEFA cup final with the cream of Scottish society behaving as the perfect guests, I really enjoyed this effort:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-60/

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 18:36
by Rangers Football Club
Rangers finds it incomprehensible that no one, either from within the Scottish FA or Hibernian Football Club, has condemned Hibernian’s supporters following the violent scenes at the end of yesterday’s Scottish Cup final when Rangers players and members of our backroom staff were physically and verbally assaulted. We have not even had the courtesy of any contact whatsoever from Hibernian to ask after the wellbeing of those who were attacked by their club’s supporters.
There must be a full independent investigation into the shameful scenes at Hampden. Rangers is also at a complete loss to understand why certain individuals have hastily attempted to gloss over the appalling events which unfolded at the end of Saturday’s final.
No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted. What unfolded on Saturday cannot and must not be put down to exuberance. That is a complete insult to Rangers, our supporters, and those individuals who were intimidated and attacked.
It was clear to most of those who watched in horror that the Scottish FA’s security procedures failed when Hibernian’s fans went over the top in their thousands. It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club.
We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club’s supporters would have done the same. This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly but as they swarmed across the pitch it became immediately obvious that the security procedures were inadequate and had failed.
These fans were allowed to rush, unchecked, towards Rangers supporters at the opposite end of the stadium — all the while goading and threatening them. This makes it preposterous to suggest Rangers fans were somehow to blame as some commentators appear anxious to do. This thuggish behaviour must be investigated and as many culprits as possible brought to book and formally charged. This is the second time in a year that Rangers fans have had to endure attacks by another club’s supporters.
It must also be said that it was not at all helpful to see leading members of the Scottish Government, including the First Minister whose parish is Govan, passing comment on social media without any attempt to condemn the behaviour of Hibernian’s fans. These failures are unbecoming of our elected representatives.
Certain media outlets have also attempted to distort reality. In the case of the BBC this is, of course, not news. BBC employees, in particular Stuart Cosgrove, believe Rod Petrie’s comments to be ‘balanced’ and others speak of a ‘minority’ of Hibernian supporters. Another, Tom English, who was not even at the match, would prefer the authorities to focus on Rangers fans’ reaction. We will not endure this insult.
So, let everyone be clear on one thing — Rangers demands that players, staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters of other clubs. Rangers fully expects the Scottish FA and Police Scotland to take action to provide our people with a safe environment. When players are unable to accept medals at the end of a final because of fears for their safety and our supporters are alarmed and extremely concerned for the women and children among them, then surely every step must be taken to ensure that this is never repeated.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 08:30 - May 23 with 4557 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beautiful.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 10:40 - May 23 with 4493 viewsKonk

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 08:30 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Beautiful.

It's too slow to play before games, but perfect for celebrating a cup/derby win. That, Glory, glory to the Hibees and Turnbull's Tornadoes got a lot of airtime at my mate's on Saturday evening.

Brilliant celebrations as the winner goes in - it's moments like that which make all the disappointments worthwhile:

Ordered a few of these for myself and mates from England and the Netherlands who come to games with us (Leith's moto is "Persevere"):

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 11:19 - May 23 with 4457 viewskarl

Cheers Konk, i have seen you say that about SC tickets before.
You're right about seeing it with the kids, it was just the best ever. Daughter was in floods of tears about half an hour after final whistle it just seemed to catch up with her after being on the pitch and the scenes of jubilation (Bazza will possibly have seen the video on Facebook?).
When the winner went in it was mental, i was on top of the row in front of me with son in my arms who ended up doing a bit of crowd surfing across them with me holding on as best i could (he stands on the back of the seat in front and is roughly same eye level as me so just got swept along). Nobody could believe it really and everyone was greeting, poor wife next to me was there on her own in floods of tears so we all had a big hug too.
After Wembley i couldnt imagine much better but i'll never experience that again i'm sure, although with this being the year of the underdog maybe Orkney can beat Shetland too!

Edit. Stayed in bloody Perth, we always stay in Leith so changed our routine as lost my previous 5 finals, also wore my 'lucky coat and jumper' i had worn to the previous rounds. They of course were in the middle of winter in snow rain wind etc, i was near passing out in the sun at Hampden!
[Post edited 23 May 2016 11:25]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 11:23 - May 23 with 4451 viewsjohncharles

Oooops gave Konk's post a down arrow.
The Rangers statement is pretty depressing. Just more sectarian diatribe. A guy, supposedly impartial, was being interviewed on the radio this morning. You almost smell the hate coming off him.
All the trouble was caused by hordes of violent Hibs thugs who charged the peace loving Rangers families as they quietly ate their cucumber sandwiches.

Strong and stable my arse.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 11:29 - May 23 with 4445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I tell you what, people. Maybe it's true that I am a bit hangover and maybe it's true that I'm a bit sentimental this morning but I've listened to that a few times and it's an absolutely cracking moment and an absolutely cracking footy anthem. Especially when you look up the lyrics which could easily be about my love affair with the R's...

"Sunshine On Leith"

My heart was broken, my heart was broken
Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow

You saw it, You claimed it
You touched it, You saved it

My tears are drying, my tears are drying
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
My tears are drying, my tears are drying

Your beauty and kindness
Made tears clear my blindness

While I'm worth my room on this earth
I will be with you
While the Chief, puts sunshine on Leith
I'll thank Him for His work
And your birth and my birth.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow

You saw it, You claimed it
You touched it, You saved it

While I'm worth my room on this earth
I will be with you
While the Chief, puts sunshine on Leith
I'll thank Him for His work
And your birth and my birth.

yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 12:41 - May 23 with 4404 viewsKonk

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 11:19 - May 23 by karl

Cheers Konk, i have seen you say that about SC tickets before.
You're right about seeing it with the kids, it was just the best ever. Daughter was in floods of tears about half an hour after final whistle it just seemed to catch up with her after being on the pitch and the scenes of jubilation (Bazza will possibly have seen the video on Facebook?).
When the winner went in it was mental, i was on top of the row in front of me with son in my arms who ended up doing a bit of crowd surfing across them with me holding on as best i could (he stands on the back of the seat in front and is roughly same eye level as me so just got swept along). Nobody could believe it really and everyone was greeting, poor wife next to me was there on her own in floods of tears so we all had a big hug too.
After Wembley i couldnt imagine much better but i'll never experience that again i'm sure, although with this being the year of the underdog maybe Orkney can beat Shetland too!

Edit. Stayed in bloody Perth, we always stay in Leith so changed our routine as lost my previous 5 finals, also wore my 'lucky coat and jumper' i had worn to the previous rounds. They of course were in the middle of winter in snow rain wind etc, i was near passing out in the sun at Hampden!
[Post edited 23 May 2016 11:25]

Perth! Oh, well, you got to see Hibs win the cup and that’s the main thing! I had a few tears on Saturday and again this morning when watching various videos, reading people’s posts on forums etc, and that’s just with Hibs as very much my second team. So, so chuffed for people who’ve spent their whole lives waiting for a cup win. To think of some of the players and sides that failed to win the cup and then they finally go and do it with this bunch. Amazing. Well done, mate.

I chat regularly with a season-ticket holder who works in our Edinburgh office and she’s not made it in today — fair play. She goes with her Dad, brothers, nephews and nieces, and the young kids have seen the 4-0 semi, the 5-1 final, this year’s LC final and were at the point where they didn’t want to go to any more games at Hampden — bet they’re pleased now their family don’t give them a choice in such matters. GGTTH.

And Bri — you’re right, it’s a great song and you don’t have to be a Hibby to feel emotional when you see scenes like that.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 15:07 - May 23 with 4324 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 11:23 - May 23 by johncharles

Oooops gave Konk's post a down arrow.
The Rangers statement is pretty depressing. Just more sectarian diatribe. A guy, supposedly impartial, was being interviewed on the radio this morning. You almost smell the hate coming off him.
All the trouble was caused by hordes of violent Hibs thugs who charged the peace loving Rangers families as they quietly ate their cucumber sandwiches.

Where exactly is the 'sectarian diatribe' in the Rangers statement?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 15:17 - May 23 with 4310 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 08:21 - May 23 by Konk

Hello Karl,

Congratulations mate — the hoodoo is lifted and the fact that you got to see it with your kids is priceless. Did you stop in Glasgow or Edinburgh after the game or head home?

I wasn’t at the game — with the wait for a Scottish cup win, I’ve never felt comfortable taking a ticket for the final, so I’ve been to semi-finals, and I’ve been to League cup finals, but I’ve never gone up for a Scottish cup final and my Dad’s the same. Probably a bit daft as it’s not like I’d be denying a regular a ticket, and in the past I’ve travelled up for plenty of run-of-the-mill games, but I know what the cup has meant to Hibs, and however much I’d loved to have been there, it was never going to mean as much to me as to someone who’s grown-up with Hibs as their main club.

I watched the game with a lad who comes up to watch Hibs with us — great match — and had a good old drink-up afterwards. Had messages from Scottish mates/clients who support other sides, all chuffed that Hibs had finally won the cup. Although a colleague/mate who’s a Jambo, seems to have disappeared since Saturday evening! To anyone who doesn’t understand the scale of Hibs cup obsession, it’s born from 114 years of waiting, 10 consecutive losing appearances in cup finals and looking at clubs who’ve won it in the interim, as Scotland’s 4/5th biggest club, it’s a mystery how Hibs had managed to avoid winning the thing. Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Third Lanark, Falkirk, Killie, Partick, Morton, Airdrie, St Mirren, East Fife, Clyde, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Dundee United, St Johnstone and Inverness Caley Thistle have all won it since 1902.

A real shame to see bits of bother at the end — hopefully everyone who got involved in that sh ite will get dealt with by the courts, but the vast, vast majority of the fans on the pitch were obviously just celebrating after winning the cup in such dramatic fashion. But if one good thing came out of it, it’s the fact that Rangers released the best, tired and emotional official club statement ever. I genuinely thought this was a wind-up when I saw it posted on another forum. The self-pitying paranoia is hilarious. As someone who’s had the pleasure of visiting Ibrox with Hibs, enjoyed their impeccable behaviour in Edinburgh when visiting ER, been abused as a “Fenian cu nt” for the duration of a relaxing Glasgow > London flight by a group of their fans, and most memorably, spent a lovely day in Manchester at the UEFA cup final with the cream of Scottish society behaving as the perfect guests, I really enjoyed this effort:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-60/

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 18:36
by Rangers Football Club
Rangers finds it incomprehensible that no one, either from within the Scottish FA or Hibernian Football Club, has condemned Hibernian’s supporters following the violent scenes at the end of yesterday’s Scottish Cup final when Rangers players and members of our backroom staff were physically and verbally assaulted. We have not even had the courtesy of any contact whatsoever from Hibernian to ask after the wellbeing of those who were attacked by their club’s supporters.
There must be a full independent investigation into the shameful scenes at Hampden. Rangers is also at a complete loss to understand why certain individuals have hastily attempted to gloss over the appalling events which unfolded at the end of Saturday’s final.
No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted. What unfolded on Saturday cannot and must not be put down to exuberance. That is a complete insult to Rangers, our supporters, and those individuals who were intimidated and attacked.
It was clear to most of those who watched in horror that the Scottish FA’s security procedures failed when Hibernian’s fans went over the top in their thousands. It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club.
We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club’s supporters would have done the same. This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly but as they swarmed across the pitch it became immediately obvious that the security procedures were inadequate and had failed.
These fans were allowed to rush, unchecked, towards Rangers supporters at the opposite end of the stadium — all the while goading and threatening them. This makes it preposterous to suggest Rangers fans were somehow to blame as some commentators appear anxious to do. This thuggish behaviour must be investigated and as many culprits as possible brought to book and formally charged. This is the second time in a year that Rangers fans have had to endure attacks by another club’s supporters.
It must also be said that it was not at all helpful to see leading members of the Scottish Government, including the First Minister whose parish is Govan, passing comment on social media without any attempt to condemn the behaviour of Hibernian’s fans. These failures are unbecoming of our elected representatives.
Certain media outlets have also attempted to distort reality. In the case of the BBC this is, of course, not news. BBC employees, in particular Stuart Cosgrove, believe Rod Petrie’s comments to be ‘balanced’ and others speak of a ‘minority’ of Hibernian supporters. Another, Tom English, who was not even at the match, would prefer the authorities to focus on Rangers fans’ reaction. We will not endure this insult.
So, let everyone be clear on one thing — Rangers demands that players, staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters of other clubs. Rangers fully expects the Scottish FA and Police Scotland to take action to provide our people with a safe environment. When players are unable to accept medals at the end of a final because of fears for their safety and our supporters are alarmed and extremely concerned for the women and children among them, then surely every step must be taken to ensure that this is never repeated.

'The self-pitying paranoia is hilarious'

So would the media's meme of Celtic and Hibee fans as loveable rogues, connoisseurs of the beautiful game and victims of the evil Hun be, if it hadn't been so successful in brainwashing the general population.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 16:21 - May 23 with 4286 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 15:17 - May 23 by Emmelars

'The self-pitying paranoia is hilarious'

So would the media's meme of Celtic and Hibee fans as loveable rogues, connoisseurs of the beautiful game and victims of the evil Hun be, if it hadn't been so successful in brainwashing the general population.

I've quite a number of friends who are Glasgow Rangers supporters and unfortunately the brainwashing is their instinctive sectarianism.
I'm not Catholic but it is never ending with them about Fenians this, Taigs that, FTP.
We don't live among the problems of sectarianism thankfully but i've been to Ibrox and seen them at Easter Road, when together in these situations they genuinely are vile bigots. Shouting abuse at and spitting on kids not uncommon.
I'd be interested to know where in the country you live?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 16:57 - May 23 with 3538 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 16:21 - May 23 by karl

I've quite a number of friends who are Glasgow Rangers supporters and unfortunately the brainwashing is their instinctive sectarianism.
I'm not Catholic but it is never ending with them about Fenians this, Taigs that, FTP.
We don't live among the problems of sectarianism thankfully but i've been to Ibrox and seen them at Easter Road, when together in these situations they genuinely are vile bigots. Shouting abuse at and spitting on kids not uncommon.
I'd be interested to know where in the country you live?

Hertfordshire, but I've spent many football Saturdays in Glasgow (and Edinburgh) , so don't be fooled.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 17:03 - May 23 with 3521 viewsjohncharles

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 16:57 - May 23 by Emmelars

Hertfordshire, but I've spent many football Saturdays in Glasgow (and Edinburgh) , so don't be fooled.

So do you seriously believe that the trouble yesterday was caused by one side and one side only ?_

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 17:38 - May 23 with 3507 viewsRangersw12

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 17:03 - May 23 by johncharles

So do you seriously believe that the trouble yesterday was caused by one side and one side only ?_

From the footage I have seen Hibs fans run over to the Rangers fans to goad them and quickly back pedal when the Rangers fans got on the pitch

How do you think Derby's fans would of reacted if we did what Hibs did ?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 17:55 - May 23 with 3484 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 16:57 - May 23 by Emmelars

Not quite sure what I'm to be fooled by.
Were you in the South stand with the Chelsea flag?

It has to be accepted that Hibs fans did cause trouble and it looks like the Rangers fans reacted to them on the pitch but we do have to ask if the original provocation was singing sectarian songs, was this why a number of Hibs fans fronted them up?
It really is the last mass bigotted chanting in the UK and Rangers cling on to their 'traditional' songs so desperately and it has only been UEFAs punishments that slowly brought about the banning of some songs, the establishment and media in Scotland have pandered to them too long.
If you're one of the type who are 90 minute bigots in many ways that's worse in my eyes, singing songs about Fenians when you're day tripping in Glasgow but all matey with your Catholic neighbours when you get home?
[Post edited 23 May 2016 17:57]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:02 - May 23 with 3469 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I detest Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic too, and this is boring and outlandishly hypocritical from Glasgow Rangers.

Whoever broke laws, whether it was violence, racism or incitement, no matter which team they were supporting has been condemned in the match-day commentary, by Alan Stubbs and in the media (and all this found easily as I scanned for ten minutes).

Glasgow Rangers and their 'Fenian' counterparts have kept sectarianism violence and hatred alive in their filthy little corner for too long - ignoring even the NI peace process with their bile - and their sectarianism has contributed to thousands of deaths. Whinging now that people dislike them is pathetic, embarrassing and childish.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:09 - May 23 with 3457 viewsRangersw12

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:02 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I detest Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic too, and this is boring and outlandishly hypocritical from Glasgow Rangers.

Whoever broke laws, whether it was violence, racism or incitement, no matter which team they were supporting has been condemned in the match-day commentary, by Alan Stubbs and in the media (and all this found easily as I scanned for ten minutes).

Glasgow Rangers and their 'Fenian' counterparts have kept sectarianism violence and hatred alive in their filthy little corner for too long - ignoring even the NI peace process with their bile - and their sectarianism has contributed to thousands of deaths. Whinging now that people dislike them is pathetic, embarrassing and childish.

I think they're complaining more about the one sided reporting than anything else
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:25 - May 23 with 3446 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:09 - May 23 by Rangersw12

I think they're complaining more about the one sided reporting than anything else

It's all one sided against Hibs about this game in the Scottish media mate, I'm not entirely sure what you mean?
If it's about sectarianism then I'm afraid they're about the only ones clinging onto it, although Hearts do have a bad section of their support, so who else can be targeted?
What Brian says is true about Celtic and their glorifying terrorism they're both as bad as each other and Celtic are pilloried for their actions too.
I truly am proud to say that you will never hear any reference to religion from the Hibs support, there is no 'side' to come from to support Hibs and the biggest insult is to be referred to as Celtic's wee cousins.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:31 - May 23 with 3436 viewsjohncharles

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:09 - May 23 by Rangersw12

Which side is that then ?

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:56 - May 23 with 3410 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 17:55 - May 23 by karl

Not quite sure what I'm to be fooled by.
Were you in the South stand with the Chelsea flag?

It has to be accepted that Hibs fans did cause trouble and it looks like the Rangers fans reacted to them on the pitch but we do have to ask if the original provocation was singing sectarian songs, was this why a number of Hibs fans fronted them up?
It really is the last mass bigotted chanting in the UK and Rangers cling on to their 'traditional' songs so desperately and it has only been UEFAs punishments that slowly brought about the banning of some songs, the establishment and media in Scotland have pandered to them too long.
If you're one of the type who are 90 minute bigots in many ways that's worse in my eyes, singing songs about Fenians when you're day tripping in Glasgow but all matey with your Catholic neighbours when you get home?
[Post edited 23 May 2016 17:57]

You're making a lot of assumptions and seem to be enamoured of stereotypes.

Unfortunately you're wide of the mark on all fronts and there's several on here who know my pedigree in terms of Scottish football and understanding of the religious history of these isles.

You also read like a communique from the Daily Record or BBC Scotland. No mention of Celtic hanging onto their traditional songs or exhibiting exactly the same behaviour you're condemning Rangers fans for just as regularly, as if there's been some kind of second Reformation in the Green half of Glasgow.

Bur then that follows the media trope doesn't it and Ranger fans don't fit in with Mary Dolll's Nova Caledonia do they?

I've been to an Edinburgh derby or two and heard a fair amount of bigotry on the terraces and in the pubs, but you'll come over all ostrich-like about that no doubt.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 18:58]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:16 - May 23 with 3388 viewsjohncharles

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:56 - May 23 by Emmelars

You're making a lot of assumptions and seem to be enamoured of stereotypes.

Unfortunately you're wide of the mark on all fronts and there's several on here who know my pedigree in terms of Scottish football and understanding of the religious history of these isles.

You also read like a communique from the Daily Record or BBC Scotland. No mention of Celtic hanging onto their traditional songs or exhibiting exactly the same behaviour you're condemning Rangers fans for just as regularly, as if there's been some kind of second Reformation in the Green half of Glasgow.

Bur then that follows the media trope doesn't it and Ranger fans don't fit in with Mary Dolll's Nova Caledonia do they?

I've been to an Edinburgh derby or two and heard a fair amount of bigotry on the terraces and in the pubs, but you'll come over all ostrich-like about that no doubt.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 18:58]

I don't think religion has any place in football.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024