Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Hibs (and Karl). 16:55 - May 21 with 28065 viewsnewgolddream

Congrats to Hibs. 114 years is a long time. Enjoy da celebrations Karl.

[Post edited 23 May 2016 8:50]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:28 - May 23 with 2747 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:16 - May 23 by johncharles

I don't think religion has any place in football.

There's the way things should be and there's the way things are.

Football has and will always reflect the society it's part of, the good bits and the bad bits.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:34 - May 23 with 2736 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:56 - May 23 by Emmelars

You're making a lot of assumptions and seem to be enamoured of stereotypes.

Unfortunately you're wide of the mark on all fronts and there's several on here who know my pedigree in terms of Scottish football and understanding of the religious history of these isles.

You also read like a communique from the Daily Record or BBC Scotland. No mention of Celtic hanging onto their traditional songs or exhibiting exactly the same behaviour you're condemning Rangers fans for just as regularly, as if there's been some kind of second Reformation in the Green half of Glasgow.

Bur then that follows the media trope doesn't it and Ranger fans don't fit in with Mary Dolll's Nova Caledonia do they?

I've been to an Edinburgh derby or two and heard a fair amount of bigotry on the terraces and in the pubs, but you'll come over all ostrich-like about that no doubt.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 18:58]

If it was Celtic on Saturday then it would be the same type of criticism for them, supporters of all non Old Firm clubs are equally dismissive of each of them.
In terms of Edinburgh then yes as I said there is an element of the Hearts support who are still singing sectarian songs but I will swear there is never anything from the Hibs stands, Konk and GanjR have been regulars at Easter Road and can put forward their opinion but I am absolutely definite in what I think.
Keith Jackson in the Record is pumping out constant pro Rangers cr#p I really don't know how you can view it as anti Rangers.
Anyhow I'm not on the QPR boards to argue about Scotland's Shame, it is great that a lot of people enjoyed the football and really that's what this started out being about.
As a total aside it was good to meet another LFW'er last week when OnlyRinMoray was in Stromness, that's a better reason for posting on here!
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:52 - May 23 with 2717 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:56 - May 23 by Emmelars

You're making a lot of assumptions and seem to be enamoured of stereotypes.

Unfortunately you're wide of the mark on all fronts and there's several on here who know my pedigree in terms of Scottish football and understanding of the religious history of these isles.

You also read like a communique from the Daily Record or BBC Scotland. No mention of Celtic hanging onto their traditional songs or exhibiting exactly the same behaviour you're condemning Rangers fans for just as regularly, as if there's been some kind of second Reformation in the Green half of Glasgow.

Bur then that follows the media trope doesn't it and Ranger fans don't fit in with Mary Dolll's Nova Caledonia do they?

I've been to an Edinburgh derby or two and heard a fair amount of bigotry on the terraces and in the pubs, but you'll come over all ostrich-like about that no doubt.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 18:58]

Emmelars -I thought the way GR defended their supporters was magnificent. You could only contrast it with the way Beard allegedly spent £400k defending the stewards he employed who had allegedly attacked QPR fans at Chapel.
I would also venture the QPR fans on the pitch at Ipswich in the League Cup tie in 1985 would have quickly routed the Hibernian hordes. Favourite pitch invasions anyone?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:55 - May 23 with 2710 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:34 - May 23 by karl

If it was Celtic on Saturday then it would be the same type of criticism for them, supporters of all non Old Firm clubs are equally dismissive of each of them.
In terms of Edinburgh then yes as I said there is an element of the Hearts support who are still singing sectarian songs but I will swear there is never anything from the Hibs stands, Konk and GanjR have been regulars at Easter Road and can put forward their opinion but I am absolutely definite in what I think.
Keith Jackson in the Record is pumping out constant pro Rangers cr#p I really don't know how you can view it as anti Rangers.
Anyhow I'm not on the QPR boards to argue about Scotland's Shame, it is great that a lot of people enjoyed the football and really that's what this started out being about.
As a total aside it was good to meet another LFW'er last week when OnlyRinMoray was in Stromness, that's a better reason for posting on here!

I refer you to my earlier comment about the ostrich squire and can only assume you've spent a lot of the time walking and drinking around Edinburgh with your eyes and ears shut.

Best of luck in your green and white Utopia.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:01 - May 23 with 2700 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 17:38 - May 23 by Rangersw12

From the footage I have seen Hibs fans run over to the Rangers fans to goad them and quickly back pedal when the Rangers fans got on the pitch

How do you think Derby's fans would of reacted if we did what Hibs did ?

Didn't your little firm try to board some Derby coaches stuck in traffic on Wembley way.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:03 - May 23 with 2697 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:52 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Emmelars -I thought the way GR defended their supporters was magnificent. You could only contrast it with the way Beard allegedly spent £400k defending the stewards he employed who had allegedly attacked QPR fans at Chapel.
I would also venture the QPR fans on the pitch at Ipswich in the League Cup tie in 1985 would have quickly routed the Hibernian hordes. Favourite pitch invasions anyone?

Not 100% a pitch invasion but our fella who launched a one-man assault on the Railway Stand at Vale Park had all the hallmarks of Richard Burton as Mark Antony at the end of Cleopatra.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:10 - May 23 with 2677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 18:09 - May 23 by Rangersw12

I think they're complaining more about the one sided reporting than anything else

They're talking nonsense in that case. Plenty condemnation of Hibs in the media.

They're a poisonous club who if they had an ounce of decency and humility for their past crimes would shut the fugg up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:10 - May 23 with 2677 viewsjohncharles

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:55 - May 23 by Emmelars

I refer you to my earlier comment about the ostrich squire and can only assume you've spent a lot of the time walking and drinking around Edinburgh with your eyes and ears shut.

Ad Hominem attack
Let me explain, you've run out of facts so you attack the person.
Your arguments are shit mate.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:12 - May 23 with 2677 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:55 - May 23 by Emmelars

Ok, I know we're not going to agree and I'm not getting involved in a back and fore argument.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:15 - May 23 with 2660 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:10 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

They're talking nonsense in that case. Plenty condemnation of Hibs in the media.

They're a poisonous club who if they had an ounce of decency and humility for their past crimes would shut the fugg up.

"Past crimes" Brian. Like to elaborate?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:20 - May 23 with 2646 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:10 - May 23 by johncharles

Ad Hominem attack

Mr Charles, Sir. Can we get back the facts. The main one being that if the Hibs fans hadn't come onto the pitch in the first place there would have been no trouble and we could be congratulating them on their marvellous achievement of ending the 114 year old drought and all-round good guy Alan Stubbs on his success.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 20:22]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:26 - May 23 with 2632 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:10 - May 23 by johncharles

Ad Hominem attack

Personal attack? Run out of facts?

I hadn't got going with the facts when he threw the towel in and if you'd bothered to read properly Karl insinuated I am a '90 minute bigot' and a Chelsea fan.

What would you characterise those comments as?

Anyway here's one of the latter. You sir are a plank.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 20:31]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:27 - May 23 with 2631 viewsRangersw12

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:01 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Didn't your little firm try to board some Derby coaches stuck in traffic on Wembley way.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:33 - May 23 with 2617 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:26 - May 23 by Emmelars

I hadn't got going with the facts when he threw the towel in and if you'd bothered to read properly Karl insinuated I am a '90 minute bigot' and a Chelsea fan.

"Chelsea fan". That hit a bit close to home. Sometimes the muck is flung and lands in the right postcode. However, I can confirm our very own Saxon King is 100% Rangers. I also think he has to suspend his bigotry for his flute practice.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:36 - May 23 with 2612 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:27 - May 23 by Rangersw12

Get the right witnesses and you'll be free for another year as Travel Coordinator.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:37 - May 23 with 2608 viewsjohncharles

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:26 - May 23 by Emmelars

You really don't get it do you ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:42 - May 23 with 2597 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:37 - May 23 by johncharles

Still waiting for you to accept there would have been no trouble if the Hibs fans had stayed off the glorious Hampden sod?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:46 - May 23 with 2582 viewsRangersw12

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:36 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Get the right witnesses and you'll be free for another year as Travel Coordinator.

BrixtonR has been promoted to travel coordinator
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:48 - May 23 with 2570 viewsEmmelars

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:37 - May 23 by johncharles

You're a mystery that's for sure, but I understand this thread and it's subject matter completely.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:48 - May 23 with 2569 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:15 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Are you still compiling the list Brian or have you got nothing to back up your assertions?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:51 - May 23 with 2555 viewsBoston

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 19:16 - May 23 by johncharles

I don't think religion has any place in football.

And here we are, live at the group stage drawing of the European Cup. First ball is out, it's number 4, Vatican City, versus number 9, ......

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:54 - May 23 with 2544 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:15 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

What I said earlier. Racial and sectarian hatred and incitement. Both they and their evil twin in green and white.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:59 - May 23 with 2522 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:48 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Are you still compiling the list Brian or have you got nothing to back up your assertions?

Relax.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:00 - May 23 with 2515 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 20:54 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

What I said earlier. Racial and sectarian hatred and incitement. Both they and their evil twin in green and white.

Didn't McCoist and Smith carry Tommy Burns coffin? An aberration or photo-shopped by Hun smudgers?
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:08 - May 23 with 2497 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:00 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Didn't McCoist and Smith carry Tommy Burns coffin? An aberration or photo-shopped by Hun smudgers?

Good for them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024