Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Hibs (and Karl). 16:55 - May 21 with 27963 viewsnewgolddream

Congrats to Hibs. 114 years is a long time. Enjoy da celebrations Karl.

[Post edited 23 May 2016 8:50]
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:11 - May 23 with 4022 viewsRangersw12

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:00 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

Didn't McCoist and Smith carry Tommy Burns coffin? An aberration or photo-shopped by Hun smudgers?

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:16 - May 23 with 4007 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:11 - May 23 by Rangersw12

I think that counts as at least half a lb of decency Brian.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:24 - May 23 with 3990 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:16 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

I think that counts as at least half a lb of decency Brian.

It counts as human beings behaving like human beings should, and do in normal society, giving due respect at the end of a life. I've said good for them.

If you think that two people helping others to carry a coffin somehow raises the bar of decency for Glasgow Rangers then your bar for decency for that club must be very low.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:33 - May 23 with 3972 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:24 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

It counts as human beings behaving like human beings should, and do in normal society, giving due respect at the end of a life. I've said good for them.

If you think that two people helping others to carry a coffin somehow raises the bar of decency for Glasgow Rangers then your bar for decency for that club must be very low.

I just thought your previous statement - "They're a poisonous club who if they had an ounce of decency and humility ......." - was a little over the top.

I agree with you about civilised behaviour. Often football brings the worst out of people. I remember a trip back from Swansea a few years ago and the look of utter contempt on the faces of the general public at the way some of our own finest were behaving.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:37 - May 23 with 3966 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:33 - May 23 by ArgyBargy1982

I just thought your previous statement - "They're a poisonous club who if they had an ounce of decency and humility ......." - was a little over the top.

I agree with you about civilised behaviour. Often football brings the worst out of people. I remember a trip back from Swansea a few years ago and the look of utter contempt on the faces of the general public at the way some of our own finest were behaving.

Fair enough. Take it easy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:42 - May 23 with 3938 viewsArgyBargy1982

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:37 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough. Take it easy.

You too, chief.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 10:48 - May 24 with 3828 viewsKonk

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 15:17 - May 23 by Emmelars

'The self-pitying paranoia is hilarious'

So would the media's meme of Celtic and Hibee fans as loveable rogues, connoisseurs of the beautiful game and victims of the evil Hun be, if it hadn't been so successful in brainwashing the general population.

I don't doubt your credentials, but the idea that Rangers are some put upon victims is a complete joke — the most widely supported club in Scotland, the establishment club in Scotland, TV and radio full of ex-players/managers and Rangers fans. Both sides of the OF are comical in their conviction that the world’s conspiring against them, when in fact, everything works in their favour. When someone in the media has the temerity to produce something critical of either club, their supporters go into complete meltdowns. If both clubs are widely unpopular amongst supporters of every of club in Scotland it's in no small part down to people's experiences with supporters of both clubs, the tedious obsession with Irish politics and the media's enduring love affair with the Old Firm.

Hibs have had loads of criticism for the stuff at the end of the match — in print and on TV — it’s overshadowed the win in terms of media coverage, so I’m not sure that anyone’s brushing over things as seems to have been suggested by Rangers.

As we saw on Saturday, Hibs undeniably have a fair few t wats amongst their support who usually come out for the big games, and I’ve had the misfortune to sit near or travel with some of them, but I genuinely can’t remember hearing Hibs supporters coming out with sectarian abuse at the derby. Hibs support is so mixed, that you don’t get people obsessing about religion in the way that you do on the West coast. And even the Jambos I know would accept that if there is a sectarian angle to the Edinburgh derby, it’s more of an issue for an element of their support, but the only stuff I’ve heard from the Hibs support, is the odd, “Orange” comment in response to Rangers singing their sectarian stuff. I've always gone in the East at ER, and whilst there are some pretty grim songs and comments about Wallace Mercer and Craig Thomson at the derby, I genuinely haven’t heard Hibs singing sectarian stuff. In my experience, you get literally one or two twa ts waving Irish tricolours when Hibs play Hearts or Rangers — if that - and that’s about it. I’ve been at Hibs v Celtic games, where the Hibs support has booed and whistled when Celtic have sung their “folk” songs and there’s certainly no love for Celtic from Hibs.

Hibs have released a statement which seems pretty reasonable to me — Hibs apologised for the pitch invasion, condemned the fans who were involved in any fighting or altercations with the Rangers staff, welcomed the SFA’s Independent commission and promised to do all they could to assist with any criminal investigations. That seems fair enough — wait and see what the commission has to say. Hopefully, as well as hammering the Hibs dic khead element, they’ll also find time to look into Rangers continued mass singing of banned sectarian (“folk”) songs, smoke bombs and fans invading the pitch to fight. Hibs can expect a chunky fine and as long as it’s proportional, I hope they pay it without complaint. I’m just glad that the media hasn’t been full of Hibs fans, club officials, Hibs-friendly media commentators and national politicians blaming everyone else, as Rangers did following the rioting and all-round embarrassing behaviour at the UEFA cup final in Manchester, where with straight faces, they managed to blame an officially sabotaged big screen(!), the big screen engineer for abandoning his post after people starting throwing bottles and cans in his direction, the brutal basta rds of the Greater Manchester Police, English folk pretending to be Rangers fans fighting GMP to give Scotland a bad reputation, off-licences and supermarkets for selling booze to adults who wanted to buy it, and a lack of portaloos.

I see there’s now a fund been set-up to pay the legal costs for any of the gallant teddy bears who heroically took to the Hampden turf to defend the players and officials of RFC, although I think most of them were long off the pitch by then, and most of the fighting seemed to be over in the corner rather than by the tunnel. Although as Jim Traynor pointed out in his non-hysterical, well-judged press release, the selfless defenders of the people only went onto the pitch because they were “alarmed and extremely concerned for the women and children among them” — I know that when I’ve seen blokes giving it the old “Get it right up you/Come on then” from a 100 yards away at a football match, my first instinct has been to get the women and children into the life boats before waddling onto the pitch for an embarrassing half-hearted wrestle.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 13:24 - May 24 with 3757 viewsR_from_afar

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 21:16 - May 21 by karl

Yeeha at last, my sixth final and finally a win.
Got a run about on Hampden with the kids, just brilliant. Doesn't sound good some of what went on but it was all good natured down our end and the kids were pulling up the grass.
Thanks everyone, the Rioja is going down well!

Well done Karl. I was actually in Scotland during the game, with my in-laws. My wife's niece and her boyfriend are Hibs fans and were over the moon, as you can imagine.

It's nice to see a different team win a cup. That was the first Scottish FA Cup final ever without at least one top tier team. Also the first English manager to lift the trophy for about 60 years.

Good game, awful defending.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 15:58 - May 24 with 3707 viewskarl

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 13:24 - May 24 by R_from_afar

Well done Karl. I was actually in Scotland during the game, with my in-laws. My wife's niece and her boyfriend are Hibs fans and were over the moon, as you can imagine.

It's nice to see a different team win a cup. That was the first Scottish FA Cup final ever without at least one top tier team. Also the first English manager to lift the trophy for about 60 years.

Good game, awful defending.

RFA

Tavernier was exposed as a poor defender, he's a great attacking player with good crossing ability but at fault for the first two Hibs goals really, I don't think he's good enough for the top of the SPL or English Championship.

That was the 7th different winner of the Scottish Cup in the last 8 years, great for the game up here.
Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 17:42 - May 24 with 3671 viewsjohncharles

From today's Dundee Courier
A Rangers supporters group has become involved in the pitch invasion fallout.
The Vanguard Bears launched a crowdfunding campaign for £1690 claiming the cash was to help "any Rangers fan with legal fees or fines.
The group's self-stated aims are to ensure "unionist traditions" of Rangers continues and to support the Protestant unionist loyalist community.

Strong and stable my arse.

Well done Hibs (and Karl). on 16:08 - Jun 1 with 3512 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Latest development:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36428309
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024