Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye 21:21 - May 21 with 5968 viewsQPRDave

Welcome Jose Mourinho

Man Utd preparing to appoint Jose as manager...Breaking News
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 15:14 - May 23 with 1788 viewsJAPRANGERS

Come 5th in the Premier League and win the FA cup and then get the sack?? Football world's just one crazy place...........
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 15:17 - May 23 with 1773 viewsTacticalR

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 15:14 - May 23 by JAPRANGERS

Come 5th in the Premier League and win the FA cup and then get the sack?? Football world's just one crazy place...........

It's all about Great Expectations dear boy.

Air hostess clique

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 15:35 - May 23 with 1745 viewsTonto

I know I might get bashed for this, but I hate Man Utd more than any other team - even more than Chelsea. In the 70s and early 80s they were the team that invented the big money transfers - a model now pursued by all the Premiership clubs, so they were my no 1 hate team.

So put that together with Mourinho, one of my most disliked managers (after Mark Hughes) and you pretty much have all of my desperate hatefulness wrapped up in one club.

God I would love it to go completely tits up asap...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 15:48 - May 23 with 1720 viewsFredManRave

He's not looking very happy about the decision;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 16:45 - May 23 with 1673 viewspaulparker

If I were Rashford & Lingard I would be looking to get out of United after hearing this news
you just know Moanrinio will be tapping up Zlaten as we speak to fill in his striker options
the man hasn't developed one youth player at any of his clubs that he has managed and has wasted millions and millions of Chelsea's money on the likes of Kezman, Del Horno, Ferreira , Shevchenko, Falcao , Fillipe, SWP, Cuadrado , salah , Jarosik, Boularaouz, Belliti, Deco , Kalou

he has discarded Lukaku, De bruyne, Robben, Mata , Bertrand, Van Arnholt ,
he ruined Joe Cole, turned Hazard into a pub footballer

the bloke is a flat track bully & a cnt of the highest order, expect cheating, diving , histrionics the full works and the press will fawn & lap it up as its Classic "Jose"
this will end in tears for Utd and they will have spunked another 200 million on more crap in the process

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 16:53 - May 23 with 1666 viewsElHoop

United have made a lot of mistakes in 3 years and this is another one, a bit one. They need a manager on the way up, not one who is on the way down.
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 17:33 - May 23 with 1637 viewstraininvain

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/mourinho-and-united-a-perf

Best article I've seen on the subject. Makes me want to stop watching football.
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 17:59 - May 23 with 1621 viewsFredManRave

Every cloud indeed. Still, apparantely Utd will receive a 4million pound bonus for winning the F.A.Cup.

As for Mourinho, I'm just pleased I'm not in England and won't have to put up with the insane amount of press coverage that he and Utd will be getting in the coming days, weeks, months and 2 years. Unfortunately, short term he'll probably do well for them because he'll be able to buy pretty much who he wants but as others have said I doubt he'll be there more than 3 years but that's going to, potentially, be a very long 3 years.

However, there is already talk that the more influential players at Utd have already let their misgivings on the appointment be known to the Utd heirachy so let's hope they'll be not playing for Jose by November/December time.

I've got the Power.

Login to get fewer ads

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 20:49 - May 23 with 1567 views1BobbyHazell

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 17:33 - May 23 by traininvain

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/mourinho-and-united-a-perf

Good article, depressing read.
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:26 - May 23 with 1550 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good read. Thanks for that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:41 - May 23 with 1542 viewsTacticalR

It is a good read, with a nice appreciation for the absurdity of the situation, especially regarding youth players.

The only thing I wonder about is whether the football can really be just a sideline. Is it possible to get away with serving up dull football to occasionals? The sacking of LVG suggests it isn't.

Air hostess clique

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:47 - May 23 with 1535 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:41 - May 23 by TacticalR

It is a good read, with a nice appreciation for the absurdity of the situation, especially regarding youth players.

The only thing I wonder about is whether the football can really be just a sideline. Is it possible to get away with serving up dull football to occasionals? The sacking of LVG suggests it isn't.

Ya, I think that that's the slight flaw in his argument, Tactical. If fans don't want a manager because of dull football or because of another reason ultimately they will switch off.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 22:19 - May 23 with 1509 viewsted_hendrix

The pay off that LVG receives and the amount of cash he spent at manure during his tenure tells me all I need to know about the ridiculous amount of cash sloshing about in the Prem.
Including the Prem there are 91 other clubs the majority of which are probably hanging onto their very existence as football clubs.
Been said a million times but fck football and it's wealth, and if all this cash is available spread the bastard cash at a minimum over all 92 clubs.
Then we'll see just how good these 'cherry picking' arsehole managers are at managing.
overpaid pricks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 23:48 - May 23 with 1466 viewsTacticalR

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:47 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I think that that's the slight flaw in his argument, Tactical. If fans don't want a manager because of dull football or because of another reason ultimately they will switch off.

I guess he's saying that football is such a big circus it needs a ringmaster like Mourinho.

As Jorge Valdano put it: 'Mourinho is a figure who is perfectly suited to these bombastic, shallow times.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2751843/Jorge-Valdano-launches

He got rid of Valdano at Real Madrid, perhaps he'll get rid of Bobby Charlton and Fergie at Manchester United? Let the games commence!
[Post edited 23 May 2016 23:50]

Air hostess clique

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 23:49 - May 23 with 1465 viewstraininvain

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:41 - May 23 by TacticalR

We'll find out sooner rather than later given that they're replacing LVG with that master of exciting football, Jose Mourinho!

I found the point about an increasing number of supporters only watching highlights quite interesting. Presumably they're not too fussed about overall performance so long as the club wins trophies.
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 08:16 - May 24 with 1289 viewsElHoop

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 17:33 - May 23 by traininvain

I didn't think much of the article really. I don't like United's owners so there's not much to like about the club these days and I think that appointing Mourinho is just another example of a rotten board making a rotten decision. Meanwhile football trundles on in a different direction led by Leicester and Spurs where the team ethic and unity are the buzzwords. Man Utd are gradually becoming less and less relevant to our game at the top level and I'd expect this process to continue under such rotten ownership. I'm far more interested in what will happen next season in terms of who will win what. Will the likes of Southampton and Liverpool join Leicester and Spurs at the top as proper living 'teams' with a heart and soul? Or will say Man City have enough firepower to overcome any deficiencies in unity and sense of purpose? Mourinho just looks a totally miserable f*cker these days and it's hard to see where the inspiration will come from.

My gut instinct tells me that next season will be even better than this one and that it's not a case of 'this will never happen again' at all.
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 09:50 - May 24 with 1259 viewsdaveB

I find it amusing the media going mad about how terrible Man Utd have acted when it was them who leaked the story and are now upset that Man Utd chose to celebrate the cup final win rather than pander to them.

It's quite similar to what happened with Redknapp taking the job at QPR, plenty of doubt at board level over giving him the job but he used the media to bully the club into giving him the job, appearances at golf days talking about QPR months before Hughes left, match pf the day appearance the night of the Southampton defeat and links with other jobs when he got desperate. He made himself the only choice. Mourinhio has worked in a very similar way to get this job.
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 11:18 - May 24 with 1217 viewstraininvain

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 09:50 - May 24 by daveB

I find it amusing the media going mad about how terrible Man Utd have acted when it was them who leaked the story and are now upset that Man Utd chose to celebrate the cup final win rather than pander to them.

It's quite similar to what happened with Redknapp taking the job at QPR, plenty of doubt at board level over giving him the job but he used the media to bully the club into giving him the job, appearances at golf days talking about QPR months before Hughes left, match pf the day appearance the night of the Southampton defeat and links with other jobs when he got desperate. He made himself the only choice. Mourinhio has worked in a very similar way to get this job.

The same journos who have spent the last year agitating for LVG's job on behalf of their master, Mourinho...
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 13:30 - May 24 with 1155 viewsR_from_afar

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 16:45 - May 23 by paulparker

If I were Rashford & Lingard I would be looking to get out of United after hearing this news
you just know Moanrinio will be tapping up Zlaten as we speak to fill in his striker options
the man hasn't developed one youth player at any of his clubs that he has managed and has wasted millions and millions of Chelsea's money on the likes of Kezman, Del Horno, Ferreira , Shevchenko, Falcao , Fillipe, SWP, Cuadrado , salah , Jarosik, Boularaouz, Belliti, Deco , Kalou

he has discarded Lukaku, De bruyne, Robben, Mata , Bertrand, Van Arnholt ,
he ruined Joe Cole, turned Hazard into a pub footballer

the bloke is a flat track bully & a cnt of the highest order, expect cheating, diving , histrionics the full works and the press will fawn & lap it up as its Classic "Jose"
this will end in tears for Utd and they will have spunked another 200 million on more crap in the process

"this will end in tears for Utd and they will have spunked another 200 million on more crap in the process". Probably, but are we bovvered?

One thing is absolutely certain, this move is going to cost United *a lot* of money. Moaninho doesn't do anything unless it involves shedloads of money.

There are rumours that he received a £1m payment from ManUre just to stop him taking another job, before they even offered him the gig.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 13:48 - May 24 with 1147 viewsPinnerPaul

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 15:14 - May 23 by JAPRANGERS

Arsenal not happy they finished 2nd, Tottenham not happy they finished 3rd, Man City not happy they finished 4th, Watford not happy they stayed up and so it goes on

You're right - it IS mad!

PS Everybody happy Chelsea finished 10th of course!
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 16:04 - May 24 with 1091 viewsPommyhoop

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 08:16 - May 24 by ElHoop

I didn't think much of the article really. I don't like United's owners so there's not much to like about the club these days and I think that appointing Mourinho is just another example of a rotten board making a rotten decision. Meanwhile football trundles on in a different direction led by Leicester and Spurs where the team ethic and unity are the buzzwords. Man Utd are gradually becoming less and less relevant to our game at the top level and I'd expect this process to continue under such rotten ownership. I'm far more interested in what will happen next season in terms of who will win what. Will the likes of Southampton and Liverpool join Leicester and Spurs at the top as proper living 'teams' with a heart and soul? Or will say Man City have enough firepower to overcome any deficiencies in unity and sense of purpose? Mourinho just looks a totally miserable f*cker these days and it's hard to see where the inspiration will come from.

My gut instinct tells me that next season will be even better than this one and that it's not a case of 'this will never happen again' at all.

Totally agree and I said so in a thread i put up earlier.
I'm looking forward to next years Prem . In a hopeful schadenfreude sort of way.
There is no guarantee that Mourinho , Pep or the new Chelsea fella are going to
hit the ground running and seal the top 3 places. How long will their twitchy fans
and owners give them before the rumbles of discontent start.The amount of cash they splurge is certainly obscene but that makes it nicer when they fail. Lets face it at least 2 out of that 3 are going to fail .
I think next season could be very interesting

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 16:33 - May 24 with 1051 viewsElHoop

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 16:04 - May 24 by Pommyhoop

Totally agree and I said so in a thread i put up earlier.
I'm looking forward to next years Prem . In a hopeful schadenfreude sort of way.
There is no guarantee that Mourinho , Pep or the new Chelsea fella are going to
hit the ground running and seal the top 3 places. How long will their twitchy fans
and owners give them before the rumbles of discontent start.The amount of cash they splurge is certainly obscene but that makes it nicer when they fail. Lets face it at least 2 out of that 3 are going to fail .
I think next season could be very interesting

Yeah I think that you are right. I think that maybe once everyone gets over a certain threshold of obscenity when it comes to Sky money and global rights and so forth, then the money itself isn't quite so important as it was when only a relatively few clubs had that obscene amount of money to spend. Whilst the big clubs can afford to make mistakes and the smaller ones can't, there's likely to be someone a bit smaller who gets it right enough to take on the big boys because their players won't be massively inferior to those of the big clubs and they might have got better teamwork and organisation for a season or two. So the idea of a static top 4, which we had quite recently, has quite probably vanished. There might be a big 6 now, of which two or three will finish in the top 4, but there's a good chance that some other team can get amongst them every season and every now and then they could come out on top. We shall see.
Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 20:36 - May 25 with 971 viewsFredManRave

I was wondering what could possibly be taking so long to finalise the deal;

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36382637

Negotiations over Jose Mourinho's image rights are delaying him becoming the new Manchester United manager.

Mourinho is expected to replace sacked Louis van Gaal, with talks ongoing between his agent Jorge Mendes and United officials.

But it has emerged that Chelsea still own the 'Jose Mourinho' name as a trademark - meaning United may need to pay a six-figure sum for the rights.

However, the issue will not scupper any deal, which is expected this week.

Discussions will now enter a third day, despite the deal to bring the 53-year-old former Chelsea boss to Old Trafford being largely complete. On Wednesday, Mourinho told waiting reporters at his home in London that he was going to Portugal.

What is the hold-up?

Chelsea registered both the name Jose Mourinho and his signature as a European trademark in 2005, meaning they can use it to sell merchandise such as toiletries, technology, clothing and jewellery.

Sports lawyer Carol Couse told BBC Sport it was "really unusual" for an individual not to own the trademark to their own name.

"Chelsea could be earning revenue every time someone uses Mourinho's name. It could prevent United from exploiting his signature," said Couse, of law firm Mills & Reeve.

"One of the things United will be looking to acquire is not only Mourinho's image but also his name.

"If United had a brand of Mourinho clothing it would be in breach of the trademark Chelsea currently own."

What are the possible solutions?

Mourinho cannot override the trademark, so the options are:

United do not use Mourinho's name against the exhaustive list of items that Chelsea have registered - from aftershaves to mobile phones.
United pay Chelsea for a licence so they can use Mourinho's name on club merchandise
United ask Mourinho to buy the trademark back
United challenge trademark if they can prove it has not been used by Chelsea
"That would be pretty costly," said Couse, who estimated the fee for a licence as "hundreds of thousands of pounds".

"Look at the value of the deals that have been done for Mourinho to date. What would be the value of a Jose Mourinho watch?

"He has managed Inter and Real since then. They have either acquired the rights from Chelsea or managed the use of his name.

"If Chelsea didn't grant a licence, every time United used Jose Mourinho's name in a commercial capacity against those products, Chelsea could sue Manchester United. I would suspect United would rather just pay a licence fee."

Any other issues?

There is also potential conflict between Mourinho's personal deals - such as his one with car manufacturer Jaguar - and United's shirt sponsor agreement with Chevrolet.

"I don't think that in itself would hold up any negotiation," Couse explained. "A lot of world-class players go to Manchester United with their own personal deals. Mourinho's deals will be in a personal capacity."

Couse said United cannot force Mourinho to drive a Chevrolet car, for example, or wear Chevrolet clothes outside of club capacity, but they could pay him an incentive to buy out the Jaguar deal early.

Chelsea declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport.

I've got the Power.

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:14 - May 25 with 944 viewsdanehoop

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 20:36 - May 25 by FredManRave

I was wondering what could possibly be taking so long to finalise the deal;

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36382637

Negotiations over Jose Mourinho's image rights are delaying him becoming the new Manchester United manager.

Mourinho is expected to replace sacked Louis van Gaal, with talks ongoing between his agent Jorge Mendes and United officials.

But it has emerged that Chelsea still own the 'Jose Mourinho' name as a trademark - meaning United may need to pay a six-figure sum for the rights.

However, the issue will not scupper any deal, which is expected this week.

Discussions will now enter a third day, despite the deal to bring the 53-year-old former Chelsea boss to Old Trafford being largely complete. On Wednesday, Mourinho told waiting reporters at his home in London that he was going to Portugal.

What is the hold-up?

Chelsea registered both the name Jose Mourinho and his signature as a European trademark in 2005, meaning they can use it to sell merchandise such as toiletries, technology, clothing and jewellery.

Sports lawyer Carol Couse told BBC Sport it was "really unusual" for an individual not to own the trademark to their own name.

"Chelsea could be earning revenue every time someone uses Mourinho's name. It could prevent United from exploiting his signature," said Couse, of law firm Mills & Reeve.

"One of the things United will be looking to acquire is not only Mourinho's image but also his name.

"If United had a brand of Mourinho clothing it would be in breach of the trademark Chelsea currently own."

What are the possible solutions?

Mourinho cannot override the trademark, so the options are:

United do not use Mourinho's name against the exhaustive list of items that Chelsea have registered - from aftershaves to mobile phones.
United pay Chelsea for a licence so they can use Mourinho's name on club merchandise
United ask Mourinho to buy the trademark back
United challenge trademark if they can prove it has not been used by Chelsea
"That would be pretty costly," said Couse, who estimated the fee for a licence as "hundreds of thousands of pounds".

"Look at the value of the deals that have been done for Mourinho to date. What would be the value of a Jose Mourinho watch?

"He has managed Inter and Real since then. They have either acquired the rights from Chelsea or managed the use of his name.

"If Chelsea didn't grant a licence, every time United used Jose Mourinho's name in a commercial capacity against those products, Chelsea could sue Manchester United. I would suspect United would rather just pay a licence fee."

Any other issues?

There is also potential conflict between Mourinho's personal deals - such as his one with car manufacturer Jaguar - and United's shirt sponsor agreement with Chevrolet.

"I don't think that in itself would hold up any negotiation," Couse explained. "A lot of world-class players go to Manchester United with their own personal deals. Mourinho's deals will be in a personal capacity."

Couse said United cannot force Mourinho to drive a Chevrolet car, for example, or wear Chevrolet clothes outside of club capacity, but they could pay him an incentive to buy out the Jaguar deal early.

Chelsea declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport.

I would just love it if this whole thing fell through because of this. Greed on greed. It would be priceless, sack an overrated manager and pay out a shedlload of compensation and look bring the most obnoxious man in football because you have been sucked in by his agency puff on and the it all go titsup. Please implode and die you horrible club.

Never knowingly understood

Breaking News thanks LVG....bye on 21:18 - May 25 with 940 viewsbosh67

I love that Man U have to go to Chelsea to be able to use Mourinho's name on products. Another step closer to madness.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024