Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours 00:43 - May 22 with 9771 viewsDylanP

It is summer, the worst part of the footballing year. There is nowt better to do that speculate endlessly about the possible changes that are coming and circulate the endless rumours that crop up.

Alright so we know about a lot of the outs: Rob Green, Clint Hill, Alejandro Faurlin, Samba Diakite, Oscar Gobern (was he ever truely a player for us), Armand Traore and Yun Suk-young. Then Karl Henry and Junior Hoilett are also out of contract but supposedly in talks about extending their deals.

The leaves us needing a creative midfielder, a left back (we always seem to need a left back), a fulback and a striker.

Who?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 09:17 - May 23 with 2403 viewsPlanetHonneywood

At the end of last season and, on the basis that we don't lose either of them, then the only position which we don't have to worry about, is between the sticks.

After that, everything else looks fragile to me.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:14 - May 23 with 2301 viewsbosh67

Ben Turner released by Cardiff. 28 6 foot 4 and left footed. Replacement for Clint perhaps?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:28 - May 23 with 2275 viewsdannyblue

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:14 - May 23 by bosh67

Ben Turner released by Cardiff. 28 6 foot 4 and left footed. Replacement for Clint perhaps?

I would have agreed, but I'm not sure he's got an ankle any more.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-defender-
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:44 - May 23 with 2240 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 09:17 - May 23 by PlanetHonneywood

At the end of last season and, on the basis that we don't lose either of them, then the only position which we don't have to worry about, is between the sticks.

After that, everything else looks fragile to me.

Robinson looked anything but fragile on his appearance, as others have said left full back IS covered!
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:50 - May 23 with 2219 viewsbosh67

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:28 - May 23 by dannyblue

I would have agreed, but I'm not sure he's got an ankle any more.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-defender-

Strangely enough it is almost the same ankle injury as Hill had before he joined us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:53 - May 23 with 2216 viewsadhoc_qpr

We need at least 4 first team starters for me - right back, 2 x centre midfielders and a striker.

Other than that we could do with an upgrade in quality at almost any other position (but centre back and wing mainly) if available and at the right price.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 14:03 - May 23 with 2196 viewsdannyblue

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:50 - May 23 by bosh67

Strangely enough it is almost the same ankle injury as Hill had before he joined us.

Oh really? Sign him up!
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 18:28 - May 23 with 2072 viewsWilloW4

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:53 - May 23 by adhoc_qpr

We need at least 4 first team starters for me - right back, 2 x centre midfielders and a striker.

Other than that we could do with an upgrade in quality at almost any other position (but centre back and wing mainly) if available and at the right price.

A big brute of a centre half to play along side Hall... Get rid of Ned.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 09:53 - May 24 with 1902 viewsFDC

Bid for Bidwell rejected

http://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/jake-bidwell-qpr?
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:10 - May 24 with 1879 viewsBAWHoops

Sky saying Bidwell will be allowed to go.

Seems an odd move really, we have Robinson and Kpekwa who seem like they can play there.
I trust Jimmy though and if he feels Bidwell is key then happy to go for it. Like that he is Brentford captain as well, need a leader

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:15 - May 24 with 1864 viewsadhoc_qpr

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:10 - May 24 by BAWHoops

Seems an odd move really, we have Robinson and Kpekwa who seem like they can play there.
I trust Jimmy though and if he feels Bidwell is key then happy to go for it. Like that he is Brentford captain as well, need a leader

Agreed, if the budget is limited why go for a player in a position already adequately covered?

Maybe they don't think Robinson has/is going to recover properly?
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:35 - May 24 with 1821 viewsCamberleyR

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 16:38 - May 22 by bosh67

I think we should look at Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan. Not sure he will get a look in next season and at 6 foot 3 and 20 he could be a useful and quick addition. If he does well they can try and sign him.

Only if he agrees to change his name by deed poll to Ruben Loftus-Road.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:38 - May 24 with 1811 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:15 - May 24 by adhoc_qpr

Agreed, if the budget is limited why go for a player in a position already adequately covered?

Maybe they don't think Robinson has/is going to recover properly?

Robinson didn't allude to any problem in interview in last day match programme, said medical team didn't want to rush him back but he was available for selection if required.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:43 - May 24 with 1791 viewsdaveB

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:10 - May 24 by BAWHoops

with 46 games in a season he could probably play Robinson and Bidwell over 20 times each keeping them fresh and loan out Kpekwa for a full season of football either in the championship or league one
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:45 - May 24 with 1786 viewssimmo

Said it on the other thread but Bidwell would be a fantastic signing. Only Robertson is better outside the premiership IMO and I think he will go the same way as Trippier and Cresswell in the next few years.

Although I think Robinson and Kpekwa should definitely be in the running, I think it might be a lot to expect JR to play an entire season after his injury, no matter how good he looked against Charlton. We have 2 good options at GK so we could do the same with Bidwell and Robinson, with Kpekwa going out on loan for more 1st team experience playing every week.

Even if it doesn't happen, this is the kind of player I think we can justify spending money on and ticks all the boxes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 11:02 - May 24 with 1634 viewsDannytheR

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:45 - May 24 by simmo

Said it on the other thread but Bidwell would be a fantastic signing. Only Robertson is better outside the premiership IMO and I think he will go the same way as Trippier and Cresswell in the next few years.

Although I think Robinson and Kpekwa should definitely be in the running, I think it might be a lot to expect JR to play an entire season after his injury, no matter how good he looked against Charlton. We have 2 good options at GK so we could do the same with Bidwell and Robinson, with Kpekwa going out on loan for more 1st team experience playing every week.

Even if it doesn't happen, this is the kind of player I think we can justify spending money on and ticks all the boxes.

Agree he looks the part, just seems a strange use of (limited) funds. Let's not forget Perch looked a hundred times better at LB than he did at RB, so even without Bidwell we've still got him, Robinson AND Kpekwa going into next season. And no real RB apart from Perch (see above), Onuoha (cough), and Furlong (even less proven than Kpekwa).

I do see he might be exactly what we need in terms of his physical game and leadership, and it probably wouldn't seem so noticeable if it wasn't for the weird left back fetish we've spent the last few years indulging (having spent last season with Clint, Traore, Yun and Konchesky all on the books as well...)
[Post edited 24 May 2016 11:02]
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 11:10 - May 24 with 1610 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 11:02 - May 24 by DannytheR

Agree he looks the part, just seems a strange use of (limited) funds. Let's not forget Perch looked a hundred times better at LB than he did at RB, so even without Bidwell we've still got him, Robinson AND Kpekwa going into next season. And no real RB apart from Perch (see above), Onuoha (cough), and Furlong (even less proven than Kpekwa).

I do see he might be exactly what we need in terms of his physical game and leadership, and it probably wouldn't seem so noticeable if it wasn't for the weird left back fetish we've spent the last few years indulging (having spent last season with Clint, Traore, Yun and Konchesky all on the books as well...)
[Post edited 24 May 2016 11:02]

and we had Ian Gillard on the pitch a couple of times as well!
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 11:18 - May 24 with 1579 viewsTheBlob

Nobody wants them then....

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-junior-hoilett-qpr-contract-2

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:29 - May 24 with 1464 viewsadhoc_qpr

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 11:18 - May 24 by TheBlob

I didn't realise the 6 goals he scored this season was only one short of his career best 7 at Blackburn!

I'd keep him on a shorter contract at a lower salary but i suspect someone will take a punt on him later in the transfer window when they miss out on their main targets.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:41 - May 24 with 1431 viewsDannytheR

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:29 - May 24 by adhoc_qpr

I didn't realise the 6 goals he scored this season was only one short of his career best 7 at Blackburn!

I'd keep him on a shorter contract at a lower salary but i suspect someone will take a punt on him later in the transfer window when they miss out on their main targets.

I don't want him back however reduced his money is. Absolute piss taker.

If they don't want to be at the club, the club shouldn't let the door hit their (not inconsiderable) arse on the way out.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:45 - May 24 with 1421 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 11:18 - May 24 by TheBlob

I'm sorry but WLS , both Dave and Paul Warburton have been writing both Henry and Hoilett could go or stay - since the last day of the season, this is just more of the same.

More summer transfer "speculation" waste of space.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:47 - May 24 with 1404 viewsFDC

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:45 - May 24 by PinnerPaul

I'm sorry but WLS , both Dave and Paul Warburton have been writing both Henry and Hoilett could go or stay - since the last day of the season, this is just more of the same.

More summer transfer "speculation" waste of space.

Paul Warburton writes for Get West London I think.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:52 - May 24 with 1388 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:47 - May 24 by FDC

Paul Warburton writes for Get West London I think.

Apologies, it all reads the same in any case!

To be fair nationals no better - this b****x in the Mail today

Jamie Vardy has a £20M release clause in his contract allowing him to go to a Champions Legaue club.

Man City have been monitoring him all season, Man Utd, Chelsea and West Ham have also shown interest.

a) No substance to that whatsoever - "all season"? - very useful!

b) 3 other teams listed are not in the CL

c) EVERY ******* team would be "interested" in signing him

Another complete and utter non story that some clown actually gets paid to write!
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 14:04 - May 24 with 1354 viewsjohncharles

I wonder if Bidwell might play left centre ? That would solve a lot of problems.

Strong and stable my arse.

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 14:12 - May 24 with 1332 viewsFDC

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:52 - May 24 by PinnerPaul

Apologies, it all reads the same in any case!

To be fair nationals no better - this b****x in the Mail today

Jamie Vardy has a £20M release clause in his contract allowing him to go to a Champions Legaue club.

Man City have been monitoring him all season, Man Utd, Chelsea and West Ham have also shown interest.

a) No substance to that whatsoever - "all season"? - very useful!

b) 3 other teams listed are not in the CL

c) EVERY ******* team would be "interested" in signing him

Another complete and utter non story that some clown actually gets paid to write!

Bit tough on Dave Mc that, in my opinion. Whatever else people think about him he's one of the few sports writers with integrity, it seems to me anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024