Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours 00:43 - May 22 with 9803 viewsDylanP

It is summer, the worst part of the footballing year. There is nowt better to do that speculate endlessly about the possible changes that are coming and circulate the endless rumours that crop up.

Alright so we know about a lot of the outs: Rob Green, Clint Hill, Alejandro Faurlin, Samba Diakite, Oscar Gobern (was he ever truely a player for us), Armand Traore and Yun Suk-young. Then Karl Henry and Junior Hoilett are also out of contract but supposedly in talks about extending their deals.

The leaves us needing a creative midfielder, a left back (we always seem to need a left back), a fulback and a striker.

Who?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 01:28 - May 22 with 4810 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

We always seem to need strikers too.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 07:12 - May 22 with 4736 viewsDWQPR

One player that I would like to see Rangers sign is Ryan Woods from Brentford, tenacious little midfielder with a decent eye for a pass and if JFH is looking for a player to help implement his pressing game then this is the type of player he should be looking at.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 08:03 - May 22 with 4660 viewsLblock

Personally I'm just on Karl Carrion Henry watch...... I didn't depart with half a bag of my hard earned to be watching him AGAIN.

Should he sign a new contract I will simply have to shrug, facepalm and write next season off as well
I'd sooner see Doughty every game

Likewise, Junior WC needs to be gone. He's picked up the "Matty Rose End Of Contract Improved Performance Award" this year. That simply compounds my view of this perennial top earning waster. Out please

I watch on with interest at how preseason pans out. If it's the farcical circus we've had last 6 odd years then I despair, if Washington continues to get splinters in his arse then we may as well burn any fee above a million, if I get to Amsterdam in July then all of the above will be forgotten...at least for a day or three

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 08:20 - May 22 with 4622 viewsRoller

I don't think that left back is a particularly pressing need with Robinson backed up by Kpekawa. I'd love to know the club's current thinking re the likes of Doughty and Furlong and whether they are under serious consideration for next season.

I think an experienced, solid central defender to play along side Hall should be our number one target, a leader for both the defence and the team in general.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 09:50 - May 22 with 4452 viewsdavman

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 08:20 - May 22 by Roller

I don't think that left back is a particularly pressing need with Robinson backed up by Kpekawa. I'd love to know the club's current thinking re the likes of Doughty and Furlong and whether they are under serious consideration for next season.

I think an experienced, solid central defender to play along side Hall should be our number one target, a leader for both the defence and the team in general.

Left back never a problem - Robinson, Kpekwa and Perch - how many more do you want?

Right back IS an issue with only Perch - Ned has to stay in the middle and is simply not a full back.

Need Two Central Defenders, a decent winger if Jnr and Phillips go, two central midfielders and two strikers.

Just a spine then in this endless rebuilding task...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:22 - May 22 with 4382 viewsNorthernr

Central midfield is our most pressing problem for me. If we just focused all our money and attention on three players for there we could probably muddle through with what we've got everywhere else. Our biggest problem with and without the ball last season was the central midfield pairing, it didn't protect the defence enough, it didn't get forward enough, it didn't score enough (any) goals, it wasn't physical enough it wasn't quick enough it wasn't commanding enough, it was completely reliant on Ale Faurlin to function at all. Stick two decent players in there and see how much better we look everywhere else.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:49 - May 22 with 4326 viewsLblock

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:22 - May 22 by Northernr

Central midfield is our most pressing problem for me. If we just focused all our money and attention on three players for there we could probably muddle through with what we've got everywhere else. Our biggest problem with and without the ball last season was the central midfield pairing, it didn't protect the defence enough, it didn't get forward enough, it didn't score enough (any) goals, it wasn't physical enough it wasn't quick enough it wasn't commanding enough, it was completely reliant on Ale Faurlin to function at all. Stick two decent players in there and see how much better we look everywhere else.

If we look like going into the season with Henry and Tozzer in there then I do think I'll need to leave the Queen Adelaide at 2:45pm and pitch up in The White Horse for 3:00pm for a bit of racing and "Jeff n the boys" before returning to the Addy at 5:00pm

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 11:25 - May 22 with 4278 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:49 - May 22 by Lblock

If we look like going into the season with Henry and Tozzer in there then I do think I'll need to leave the Queen Adelaide at 2:45pm and pitch up in The White Horse for 3:00pm for a bit of racing and "Jeff n the boys" before returning to the Addy at 5:00pm

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/junior-hoilett-qpr-contract

Well according to this article both Henry and Hoilett are off so there is hope yet, although that can be dangerous where QPR are concerned.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 12:25 - May 22 with 4183 viewsderbyhoop

Personally, I think we'll be ok at full back. Perch and Furlong at RB, Robinson and Kpekawa at LB. Need a proper CB who is also a leader on the pitch (replacement for Hill), at least 1 more striker and, like Clive, some energy in midfield.

No names, just decent scouting and sensible contracts.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 12:44 - May 22 with 4158 viewsTHEBUSH

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 12:25 - May 22 by derbyhoop

Personally, I think we'll be ok at full back. Perch and Furlong at RB, Robinson and Kpekawa at LB. Need a proper CB who is also a leader on the pitch (replacement for Hill), at least 1 more striker and, like Clive, some energy in midfield.

No names, just decent scouting and sensible contracts.

If we can't shift Caulker probably don't need another CB what with, Hall and Ned ?

Although if we can get a tough guy CB in, wouldn't complain.

Agree about full backs and midfielders though.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:00 - May 22 with 4129 viewsWilloW4

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 12:44 - May 22 by THEBUSH

If we can't shift Caulker probably don't need another CB what with, Hall and Ned ?

Although if we can get a tough guy CB in, wouldn't complain.

Agree about full backs and midfielders though.

I reckon Ned needs some competiton at centre back, he's not 'all that'.. Seems to be certain of a starting spot.. I think he was ever present last season. Not convinced about him . Would definitely try a new captain.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 14:50 - May 22 with 3962 viewsQPRDave

Bid put in for Lynch according to transfer centre live......
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 14:56 - May 22 with 3954 viewsDorse

The wide positions will need some attention once Philips and Khazi have gone, although Petrasso may get more time.

Doughty is going to be more involved in the centre but we need some more bodies in there. If we are going to play JFH's high tempo game, we need more pace in the centre. Nothing wrong with Doughty's passing but (whilst he's quicker than, say, Toszer) he's not the speediest.

If Furlong, Robinson and Kpekawa are going to more involved then that's all to the good. Hall, Perch and Onouha will all still be with us but we need one more CB. Perhaps that will end up being Caulker but I think he'll be gone by Christmas (20 half decent games for us then a transfer up).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 15:21 - May 22 with 3906 viewsRoller

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 13:00 - May 22 by WilloW4

I reckon Ned needs some competiton at centre back, he's not 'all that'.. Seems to be certain of a starting spot.. I think he was ever present last season. Not convinced about him . Would definitely try a new captain.

I'd be looking to move Ned on; I think that both parties would benefit from that.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 15:28 - May 22 with 3893 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:49 - May 22 by Lblock

Well there was no sign of Tozzer getting a look in for the last couple of months. Personally I would be happy to keep Henry in the squad for another season. We have had far worse and he does a job. Easily the most 'overlylambasted' player we have!!
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 15:54 - May 22 with 3846 viewsWilloW4

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 14:56 - May 22 by Dorse

The wide positions will need some attention once Philips and Khazi have gone, although Petrasso may get more time.

Doughty is going to be more involved in the centre but we need some more bodies in there. If we are going to play JFH's high tempo game, we need more pace in the centre. Nothing wrong with Doughty's passing but (whilst he's quicker than, say, Toszer) he's not the speediest.

If Furlong, Robinson and Kpekawa are going to more involved then that's all to the good. Hall, Perch and Onouha will all still be with us but we need one more CB. Perhaps that will end up being Caulker but I think he'll be gone by Christmas (20 half decent games for us then a transfer up).

How long will it take for caulker to have 20 half decent games...he won't do that before Christmas mate.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 16:30 - May 22 with 3781 viewseghamranger

Pritchard from Spuds. Really decent player who won't get a look in there.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 16:38 - May 22 with 3762 viewsbosh67

I think we should look at Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan. Not sure he will get a look in next season and at 6 foot 3 and 20 he could be a useful and quick addition. If he does well they can try and sign him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 18:03 - May 22 with 3656 viewsHonkytonks

Gumundunson from Charlton and maybe nakhi wells
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 19:17 - May 22 with 3578 viewsQPRDave

RUMOUR on twitter!!!

Jake Bidwell ...Brentford!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Bidwell
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 19:28 - May 22 with 3546 viewscollegeranger

Sandro from West Brom
Fer from Swansea
Caulker from Liverpool... oh ....hang on.....
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 19:43 - May 22 with 3515 viewsbosh67

Luciano Becchio released by Rotherham and still on Norwich's books. At 32 he is getting on a bit but he is a very clever and tricky player that could suit us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 22:06 - May 22 with 3359 viewsWilloW4

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 19:17 - May 22 by QPRDave

RUMOUR on twitter!!!

Jake Bidwell ...Brentford!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Bidwell

That would be an excellent signing.. Big tick.
Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 22:29 - May 22 with 3322 viewsE17hoop

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 10:22 - May 22 by Northernr

It's the spine where we've been weak for too many years. We need a pair of CBs (Hall plus ?) a solid 1 CM who can track box to box and one who isn't afraid to hit enter the opposition's penalty area, but is able to get back to cover. We seem to have bought around this spine for too long and the addition of 2 quality keepers suggests that JFH also realises that we've a significant need to improve here; I'm hopeful that this is where the most business will be done.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 09:08 - May 23 with 3159 viewsloftus77

Summer Talk: Ins, Outs, Needs, Gets, and Other Rumours on 18:03 - May 22 by Honkytonks

Gumundunson from Charlton and maybe nakhi wells

Wells is an excellent shout.

Weren't we in for him before?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024