Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Turkey 16:48 - May 22 with 4460 viewsjohncharles

As a Welshman........ there seems to be very little interest on here.
Personally, I quite like the look of this team. Not top heavy with a lot of Bily big bollox boys.

Strong and stable my arse.

England v Turkey on 19:46 - May 22 with 1499 viewsTacticalR

England v Turkey on 19:41 - May 22 by bosh67

That bak line needs to tighten up or we are going to get spanked.

We need to avoid sex masochism.

Air hostess clique

England v Turkey on 19:52 - May 22 with 1488 viewsCamberleyR

Sterling seems to have gone massively backwards since first getting in the England team. I suppose that's what taking the money to sit on Manchester City's bench does to you.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England v Turkey on 19:54 - May 22 with 1473 viewsFredManRave

And to think I was expecting a Bootiful game.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

England v Turkey on 19:55 - May 22 with 1471 viewsTacticalR

England v Turkey on 19:52 - May 22 by CamberleyR

Sterling seems to have gone massively backwards since first getting in the England team. I suppose that's what taking the money to sit on Manchester City's bench does to you.

Air hostess clique

England v Turkey on 20:03 - May 22 with 1436 viewsTripper

England v Turkey on 19:55 - May 22 by TacticalR

Can't believe Stones is being touted as a £50m footballer, he looks lightweight and a liability to me. It's a department we're really struggling though so can't think of many obviously better options.
England v Turkey on 22:27 - May 22 with 1242 viewsClive_Anderson

England v Turkey on 19:52 - May 22 by CamberleyR

Starting to look like the new Wright-Philips.
England v Turkey on 03:39 - May 23 with 1138 viewsloftinoz

England v Turkey on 19:07 - May 22 by paulparker

We are awful at the back , our fullbacks are shocking and cannot defend to save there lives

their
England v Turkey on 04:13 - May 23 with 1135 viewspastieR

pedantic
Login to get fewer ads

England v Turkey on 07:33 - May 23 with 1076 viewsdaveB

England have a decent side but think it will one or the other extreme. We'll ether flop again and be out within a week or Stones will have a breakthrough tournament much like Southgate in 96 and we'll make the semi finals
England v Turkey on 09:32 - May 23 with 1011 viewspaulparker

I don't think we will make it out of the group stages TBH

can anyone tell me what our style of play is ? and you just know we will shoehorn Rooney in so that takes away the danger man Ali who will be shunted to the wing
we looked slow and cumbersome , why don't we ever play with pace or width
Bale will have a field day against our fullbacks and if Stones is the future we are fcuked
this myth about bringing the ball out from the back is a nonsense, defend first , clear your lines ands win some headers , that's defending ,I actually think Hall is better
as for Sterling he needs some confidence and quick , he has gone backwards under Pellgerini he would have been better of under Klopp but then should he be playing behind the strikers as he isn't a winger

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v Turkey on 09:44 - May 23 with 996 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Turkey on 09:32 - May 23 by paulparker

can anyone tell me what our style of play is ? and you just know we will shoehorn Rooney in so that takes away the danger man Ali who will be shunted to the wing
Bale will have a field day against our fullbacks and if Stones is the future we are fcuked
this myth about bringing the ball out from the back is a nonsense, defend first , clear your lines ands win some headers , that's defending ,I actually think Hall is better
as for Sterling he needs some confidence and quick , he has gone backwards under Pellgerini he would have been better of under Klopp but then should he be playing behind the strikers as he isn't a winger

I know i'm not your cup of tea PP but how about a wager?

If England go out in the group stage i'll give you a £50

If England get to semi final or further you give me £50.

Anything in between we call it quits.

Up to you.
England v Turkey on 09:52 - May 23 with 977 viewsaston_hoop

We won 10 out of 10 in a qualifying group with stronger teams than Wales and Slovakia, Russia's performance in qualifying would have had everyone calling for Woy's head too. Not sure he'd have survived double defeats with Austria and a draw at home to Moldova. We really are not as bad as people are making out. We are not at the level of the current German side or French side when they're at their best but we have a very young core of players, players scoring goals and players who have a lot to learn before they reach their peaks in 5 or 6 years time. I know the defence isn't great and will be our undoing, these guys will learn a lot still. Plus when one of the biggest criticisms of Woy is that he *might* pick Wayne Rooney ahead of Kane/Vardy (despite making absolutely no indication of doing that), you know things must be ok. We'll be fine, we wont win and people will moan but we're heading in the right direction. Just enjoy a good summer of football and no mention of the names Terry, Lampard and Gerrard.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

England v Turkey on 10:01 - May 23 with 966 viewspaulparker

England v Turkey on 09:44 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I know i'm not your cup of tea PP but how about a wager?

If England go out in the group stage i'll give you a £50

If England get to semi final or further you give me £50.

Anything in between we call it quits.

Up to you.

ok maybe im being flippant about getting out of the group , but no way will we get to the Semi finals , our back four is dreadful and Hodgson doesn't have the tactical nous either to change things

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England v Turkey on 10:32 - May 23 with 927 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Turkey on 10:01 - May 23 by paulparker

ok maybe im being flippant about getting out of the group , but no way will we get to the Semi finals , our back four is dreadful and Hodgson doesn't have the tactical nous either to change things

I can see Stones or Smalling becoming this year's Phillip Neville granted. Otherwise I think our goals will get us far.

Proof is in the pudding as they say.
England v Turkey on 10:34 - May 23 with 924 viewsrongould

England v Turkey on 10:01 - May 23 by paulparker

I watched it with the sound off,because I was doing something more important. Like listening to Radio 3 and cooking.

I missed the Vardy dive, but I saw Kane's offside goal. Saw the wonderful penalty,by a poorly partially sighted man and I saw Vardy score a lucky tap in.

On the whole my observation on what I did see was that England played like a rather piss poor 3rd Division team.
I have seen lots of them so I know what I am talking about.
England v Turkey on 10:36 - May 23 with 808 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Turkey on 10:34 - May 23 by rongould

I watched it with the sound off,because I was doing something more important. Like listening to Radio 3 and cooking.

I missed the Vardy dive, but I saw Kane's offside goal. Saw the wonderful penalty,by a poorly partially sighted man and I saw Vardy score a lucky tap in.

On the whole my observation on what I did see was that England played like a rather piss poor 3rd Division team.
I have seen lots of them so I know what I am talking about.

Still got a result though Ron. Playing poorly and getting a win the mark of a winning side?
England v Turkey on 10:45 - May 23 with 787 viewsPunteR

I agree with paulparker. We still look work in progress. I wasn't impressed. Defense is all over the shop. Hart is a good keeper, I think we're going to need him on top form.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

England v Turkey on 10:49 - May 23 with 781 viewstraininvain

England v Turkey on 09:32 - May 23 by paulparker

We could finish 3rd in our group and still qualify so i think that's a bit extreme.

We'll get ko'd as soon as we play a decent team in the knockouts... fingers crossed for a soft run to the semis / final!
England v Turkey on 11:00 - May 23 with 758 viewspaulparker

England v Turkey on 10:32 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I can see Stones or Smalling becoming this year's Phillip Neville granted. Otherwise I think our goals will get us far.

Proof is in the pudding as they say.

I actually think Smalling has improved over the last year, still not international class though , I don't see it with Stones at all yes he can do a drag back, but I want a defender to defend , he will be the weak link if we have to rely on him and I can see him rounding off a crap season by gifting a goal away
I still don't know why Roy wont look at Shawcross , we are crying out for that type of defender , if you must play stones then you need a proper CB next to him

all in all this squad is a huge gamble for Roy , he has picked an unfit Wiltshire,Henderson
taken the mentality shot Stones , the out of form Sterling , and a captain whose better days are behind him and cant even play up top for his own club
our best player is Dier and if he stays fit we can possibly get to the last 16 , if he gets crocked then we have had it

England v Turkey on 11:01 - May 23 with 756 viewsrsonist

Hoddle was something else yesterday. My favourite was when he suggested Sterling and by extension English Football Itself was struggling because once again a foreigner like Jesus Navas had come over to this country and taken his job in the City side. Never mind the fact he was dropped for being £50m quid's worth of pony. My word.

He also credited Kane for "a positive penalty" because he'd hit it really hard at least. Thought I'd heard everything until then.
England v Turkey on 11:03 - May 23 with 750 viewsJuzzie

Vardy's a diving s**t, no better than Ashley Young and half the Chelsea team.

Yet again he does his trick of getting in front of the defender then stepping across him. It's inevitable they'll collide, he goes down, penalty given. How is it a foul if you have caused it?

Been doing it all season but because it's 'romatic' Leicester, it seems to get ignored.
England v Turkey on 11:07 - May 23 with 743 viewsrsonist

The most worrying thing about yesterday is not so much whether we were good or bad but the difficulty in even seeing what Roy had in mind to judge that by. I mean what was the plan exactly? Were we pressing, possessing, countering....? Strong whiff of Graham Taylor.
England v Turkey on 11:08 - May 23 with 735 viewsrsonist

England v Turkey on 11:03 - May 23 by Juzzie

Vardy's a diving s**t, no better than Ashley Young and half the Chelsea team.

Yet again he does his trick of getting in front of the defender then stepping across him. It's inevitable they'll collide, he goes down, penalty given. How is it a foul if you have caused it?

Been doing it all season but because it's 'romatic' Leicester, it seems to get ignored.

Kane knew this and nobly upheld English Values by missing on purpose.
England v Turkey on 11:09 - May 23 with 731 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Turkey on 11:00 - May 23 by paulparker

I actually think Smalling has improved over the last year, still not international class though , I don't see it with Stones at all yes he can do a drag back, but I want a defender to defend , he will be the weak link if we have to rely on him and I can see him rounding off a crap season by gifting a goal away
I still don't know why Roy wont look at Shawcross , we are crying out for that type of defender , if you must play stones then you need a proper CB next to him

all in all this squad is a huge gamble for Roy , he has picked an unfit Wiltshire,Henderson
taken the mentality shot Stones , the out of form Sterling , and a captain whose better days are behind him and cant even play up top for his own club
our best player is Dier and if he stays fit we can possibly get to the last 16 , if he gets crocked then we have had it

Shawcross can feel very aggrieved.

Also agree about Dier.

Seems to have slipped past the hype which will do everyone a favour.
England v Turkey on 11:17 - May 23 with 712 viewskensalriser

England v Turkey on 11:00 - May 23 by paulparker

Unlike you to be so positive!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024