Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand interview 11:07 - May 23 with 24160 viewsNorthernr

Three parts to this, don't say I don't do anything for you...

Part one is about the background to him getting the job, Harry Redknapp, that January transfer window...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42910

Part two is on Chris Ramsey, Neil Warnock and Steve Gallen and everything that happened basically July to December last year.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42911

And part three is this summer and next season

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42912
Les Ferdinand interview on 02:49 - May 26 with 2120 viewsFredManRave

Only just got round to reading all three articles and a very informative and interesting read at that. There's obviously still a long way to go due to the level of club chaos before Ferdinand arrived but we appear to be in good hands with him in his Director of Football position.

Long may the upward trend continue...

Nice one Clive, as mentioned many times on this thread but always worthy of a remention it's great to get such insight into the club and it's always appreciated and much needed bearing in mind some of the histrionics we get to enjoy on here.

Looking forward to your 3 part interview with QPRDave...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Les Ferdinand interview on 05:25 - May 26 with 2094 viewsHitch

Les Ferdinand interview on 02:49 - May 26 by FredManRave

Only just got round to reading all three articles and a very informative and interesting read at that. There's obviously still a long way to go due to the level of club chaos before Ferdinand arrived but we appear to be in good hands with him in his Director of Football position.

Long may the upward trend continue...

Nice one Clive, as mentioned many times on this thread but always worthy of a remention it's great to get such insight into the club and it's always appreciated and much needed bearing in mind some of the histrionics we get to enjoy on here.

Looking forward to your 3 part interview with QPRDave...

Shutter Island springs to mind.
Les Ferdinand interview on 10:36 - May 26 with 1989 viewsfrancisbowles

Seems to me that the most important thing the club can do now is hang on to Lee Hoos and Sir Les.

Thanks Clive, for all the info and insights.
Les Ferdinand interview on 19:59 - May 27 with 1607 viewsQPRDave

Read it!
Les Ferdinand interview on 23:29 - May 27 with 1553 viewsPunteR

Les Ferdinand interview on 19:59 - May 27 by QPRDave

Read it!

And ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Les Ferdinand interview on 07:11 - May 28 with 1513 viewsQPRDave

Les Ferdinand interview on 23:29 - May 27 by PunteR

And ?

Yeah very good actually Punt, and yes very informative.
Les Ferdinand interview on 09:20 - May 28 with 1483 viewsTGRRRSSS

Read all three parts and credit to all involved. By and large LF and how he's done things have slowly begun to impress me, I don't agree with everything he says but I respect the fact he comes out as professional and as honest as one could be in such a position.
Les Ferdinand interview on 15:19 - May 28 with 1430 viewsderbyhoop

Very impressive. It strikes me that if we hang on to the troika at the top of the club - Les, Lee
Hoos and JFH, we'll be a much better club in 3 years time than we are now. Even if we are still mid table Championship. However, if they get more things. Right than wrong, we could be a proper Premiership club in that sort of timescale, I.e. Not one that blows millions on dross.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand interview on 21:34 - May 29 with 1315 viewsBrightonhoop

Great piece Clive, perhaps the best yet, proper old school journalism.

Have met Les a couple of times and he is always a gentleman, doesn;t pull his punches and is now an assett to the Club.

Like Neils; comment above about the Club offering him this opportunity because that's the sort of Club we are. Very interesting to read his comments about when he went to Reading, that basically Ollie fcked that one up. I the end, it was best he didn't return to QPR.

Earlier in the season when objectives changed from consolidation to play offs I was as pished off as the next man that terms were changing for Ramsey making his position more difficult, but a few months on and reading Les' account, it makes sense. Loads of far too highly paid players on the books needed to be utilised for a potential push. Cant blame Fernandes reasoning on that one, it's his money and now is more understandable. Properly got to the guts of the big questions. And the underlying 'jobs for the boys' totally laid to rest. He's the right man for now. As a player and now he hasn't changes, used to love watching him almost walking the ball past Schmicheal when Schmichael hadn't conceded for weeks. He'd just nochantly wal away like it was a stroll in the park.

On the signings, yes they were wreckless, there was a time in the first pre-season when even SWP was unimagineable, to think we would ever make such marquee signings again and overnight it became the norm. We are all guilty on that one, the Club was run terribly and Fernandes has paid the heavy price. Sir Les might yet just dig him out.

Credit to the Club also for granting the interview. Your best yet I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024