Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand interview 11:07 - May 23 with 24201 viewsNorthernr

Three parts to this, don't say I don't do anything for you...

Part one is about the background to him getting the job, Harry Redknapp, that January transfer window...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42910

Part two is on Chris Ramsey, Neil Warnock and Steve Gallen and everything that happened basically July to December last year.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42911

And part three is this summer and next season

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42912
Les Ferdinand interview on 15:24 - May 23 with 3389 viewsDesertBoot

Well done Clive. No nonsense questions given no nonsense answers. Much of the grumbling and guesswork by us the supporters can now stop with Les' honesty and openness.
We are several years off where we want to be but forward steps are being taken.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Les Ferdinand interview on 15:35 - May 23 with 3361 viewsPinnerPaul

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:13 - May 23 by Northernr

I was really impressed with him, but then I've been really impressed with him since he got here.

He was very direct and straight talking. No bullsht.

He was also very professional, quite often in any interview there's little bits and pieces off the record on the side "let me tell you a story about so and so not for publication just to give you an idea of what I mean..." followed by some hideous tale of how player a b or c behaved but there was none of that, everything he said he said on the record whether it was good or bad.

Thanks, sounds encouraging.

Doesn't take much to work out that he thinks/hopes Fer & Sandro might go as they have had the taste of actually playing in the PL again, but that we might have to keep Caulker if no one else prepared to meet at least (some of) his costs.

He's right about the jobs for mates" argument as well - Redknapp, Hughes and many many others have been practicing that policy for years and no one says anything.

Finally was good to see him put in black & white what me and many more us have been saying all season - Matt Philips really should have torn up this league.
Les Ferdinand interview on 15:48 - May 23 with 3325 viewsvegasranger

Excellent interview, made for a very good read. I'm not sure I agrees with Sir Les that the fans wanted marquee signings. I don't remember anybody being happy about signing SWP, Boswinga and the fans seemed very divided over Joey Barton. I seem to remember Julio Cesar cause more bemusement than cheers.
Les Ferdinand interview on 16:01 - May 23 with 3297 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Les Ferdinand interview on 15:48 - May 23 by vegasranger

Excellent interview, made for a very good read. I'm not sure I agrees with Sir Les that the fans wanted marquee signings. I don't remember anybody being happy about signing SWP, Boswinga and the fans seemed very divided over Joey Barton. I seem to remember Julio Cesar cause more bemusement than cheers.

Ah, there was a lot of support for us spending big, in fairness. A lot of us got carried away. I did too, briefly. That stopped when on a trip to London to see Rangers I met up with one of our greatest fans and was told how badly the club was being run.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Les Ferdinand interview on 17:58 - May 23 with 3089 viewsPey

Excellent interview Clive, lots of questions where we as fans only can gamble on why things are been a certain way or dealt with by the club have been answered for me.
Thanks for that.
Les Ferdinand interview on 18:31 - May 23 with 3041 viewsQPRDave

Les Ferdinand interview on 14:12 - May 23 by daveB

It will take a long time to get back, I don't see us being back in the prem for at least 5 years

Another 15 yrs??
Les Ferdinand interview on 18:47 - May 23 with 3024 viewsRangersw12

Les Ferdinand interview on 18:31 - May 23 by QPRDave

Another 15 yrs??

It will take a good few years to sort out the mess that is for certain

Can you now accept why Warnock wasnt given to the end of the season now ?
Les Ferdinand interview on 19:08 - May 23 with 2987 viewsQPRDave

Les Ferdinand interview on 18:47 - May 23 by Rangersw12

It will take a good few years to sort out the mess that is for certain

Can you now accept why Warnock wasnt given to the end of the season now ?

uhm....why?...I ain't read that section, only read 3rd bit
Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand interview on 19:31 - May 23 with 2949 viewsRangersw12

Les Ferdinand interview on 19:08 - May 23 by QPRDave

I suggest you read it all mate
Les Ferdinand interview on 19:37 - May 23 with 2934 viewsJeff

Les Ferdinand interview on 19:08 - May 23 by QPRDave

Why on earth would you only read the third bit? that makes literally no sense at all?

Especially as, with all due respect, you're a Warnock fan boy and the second section makes it clear in it's title that it's about Warnock?!

Can we not knock it?

Les Ferdinand interview on 19:39 - May 23 with 2930 viewsDeano19766

Just a shame Les wasn't around at the start of the Fernandes rein. We may have actually achieved something (and in the 'right' way without attracting the 'fans' you get at 'the chels')

Also an interesting insight into what Les thinks about the modern game "The only thing I would say, and this is where the sport has changed as a whole, is I always wanted to play football." Straight to the point there. It's awful really. This is the reason many people don't care about the Prem any longer (although most of those 'traditional' football supporters seem to be easily replaced by tourists and the sort of people you get at 'the chels', which is a real shame). Game hijacked by Sky and the type of people who go down 'the Chels', and ending up with players who don't care whether or not they play as long as they get their ridiculously inflated swag every week.

Anyway I digress. Top interview. Let's hope Les' methods pay off and his visions come true.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 19:55]
Les Ferdinand interview on 20:22 - May 23 with 2871 views1BobbyHazell

Great unsugarcoated questions getting to the point...no nonsense answers.

Brilliant interview.

Be interesting to hear the response from the 'What has Les really done?' crowd.
Les Ferdinand interview on 20:32 - May 23 with 2853 views1BobbyHazell

Les Ferdinand interview on 15:48 - May 23 by vegasranger

I can't speak for this site because I wasn't on here then but on dotorg us Big Spend dissenters were in the definite minority.
Les Ferdinand interview on 20:42 - May 23 with 2825 viewsQPRDave

Les Ferdinand interview on 19:37 - May 23 by Jeff

Why on earth would you only read the third bit? that makes literally no sense at all?

Especially as, with all due respect, you're a Warnock fan boy and the second section makes it clear in it's title that it's about Warnock?!

Because I can't be arsed to read the club pr on why it all went tits up early on or what bull the club has to say about Neil Warnock.
I'm more interested in what he had to say about the future
Les Ferdinand interview on 20:49 - May 23 with 2803 viewsdanehoop

Les Ferdinand interview on 20:32 - May 23 by 1BobbyHazell

I can't speak for this site because I wasn't on here then but on dotorg us Big Spend dissenters were in the definite minority.

great interview Clive. Really insightful and no questions ducked.

Just had the misfortune to read dave's comments. A very good reminder if I ever needed one of why I ignored him in the first place.

Never knowingly understood

Les Ferdinand interview on 20:52 - May 23 with 2037 views1BobbyHazell

Les Ferdinand interview on 20:42 - May 23 by QPRDave

Because I can't be arsed to read the club pr on why it all went tits up early on or what bull the club has to say about Neil Warnock.
I'm more interested in what he had to say about the future

You f*cking read it.

Now just deal with it.
Les Ferdinand interview on 21:01 - May 23 with 2018 viewsQPRDave

Les Ferdinand interview on 20:52 - May 23 by 1BobbyHazell

You f*cking read it.

Now just deal with it.

I ain't read it.....not interested

[Post edited 23 May 2016 21:05]
Les Ferdinand interview on 21:02 - May 23 with 2013 viewsQPRDave

Les Ferdinand interview on 20:22 - May 23 by 1BobbyHazell

Great unsugarcoated questions getting to the point...no nonsense answers.

Brilliant interview.

Be interesting to hear the response from the 'What has Les really done?' crowd.

"Be interesting to hear the response from the 'What has Les really done?' crowd."

[Post edited 23 May 2016 21:03]
Les Ferdinand interview on 21:17 - May 23 with 1968 viewsDejR_vu

Nice one Clive, great job.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Les Ferdinand interview on 21:31 - May 23 with 1927 viewsPommyhoop

Brilliant interview Clive. Everyone, whatever brigade' they're in should have a read.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Les Ferdinand interview on 21:34 - May 23 with 1921 viewsRoller

Outstanding Clive, and Les for agreeing to the interview.
Les Ferdinand interview on 21:41 - May 23 with 1907 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand interview on 21:01 - May 23 by QPRDave

So you are not interested in Warnock? That makes a change
Les Ferdinand interview on 21:55 - May 23 with 1883 viewsmikeygunn

Great interview, it's clear that we are now going in the right direction. Some fans will never be happy, I remember a Garbage song 'I'm only happy when it rains'. That's the theme tune for a few on this board! Top work Clive
Les Ferdinand interview on 22:16 - May 23 with 1839 viewsNorthernr

Les Ferdinand interview on 21:01 - May 23 by QPRDave

You're nearly as bad at lying as you are at trolling.
Les Ferdinand interview on 22:18 - May 23 with 1836 viewsPommyhoop

''Neil came in to assist Chris. He said he didn't want to be in every day, he would come in on a Thursday and Friday, chat with Chris, come to a few games… He was never brought in to replace Chris, he was brought in to work with him. After the Derby game we released Chris, I felt it was the right time and at that point Neil said he could do the job for eight weeks. A lot of people have asked since why we didn't keep him until the end of the season. He said to me he could do the job for eight weeks. He told Tony Fernandes the same.

That gave us eight weeks to find a new manager. We spoke to 13 or 14 different managers and at no stage did Neil say he wanted to do the job to the end of the season. Had he said to me at the beginning that he could do the job to the end of the season, give us time to look for a manager for next season, I'd have gone for that.

I think his wife taking ill changed his perspective on what he was doing with his life, and that last game he had with us at Reading gave him a real taste for it again. Subsequently he’s decided to go back in again at Rotherham. I was surprised. It'll be interesting to see if he comes back in again for next season because he was the one who was saying he didn't want to manage any more, didn't want to do the day to day management of a football club any more.''

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024