Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Ready - help required 10:53 - May 25 with 12332 viewskevinyahoo100

Hello there. I'm writing an article about Karl Ready (it's a kind of Where Are They Now? thing) and I want to get fans' memories about him as a player. Any stories/opinions you have - good or bad - please post them here. Doesn't even have to be a story/memory as such, could just be your general view on his time at QPR.

I'd want to use some of the your quotes for the article, which will appear on the Yahoo Football website this week. So if you don't want your comments to be used then let me know, and they won't be. All quotes will be credited to Loft for Words

Cheers!
Kevin
Karl Ready - help required on 11:10 - May 25 with 7410 viewsstevec

Firstly, I'd want written confirmation that he won't sue.
Karl Ready - help required on 11:13 - May 25 with 7396 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to this he was attending QPR games even after he retired:

http://qprreport.blogspot.co.uk/2006/12/kevin-gallen-karl-ready-talk-about-qpr.h
Karl Ready - help required on 11:56 - May 25 with 7343 viewsNorthernr

One of the worst centre backs I've ever seen but weirdly scored about 19 goals for us and we never lost when he scored, which considering how terrible we were for his time here is quite something. Didn't he have seven kids and move to Mali to be a Christian missionary or something ridiculous?
Karl Ready - help required on 12:00 - May 25 with 7322 viewsTheBlob

Had the turning circle of the Torrey Canyon during the process of being bombed.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Karl Ready - help required on 12:00 - May 25 with 7321 viewsdaveB

head like a 50 pence piece, you never knew where the ball would end up. Terrible player and yet somehow won player of the year at least once
Karl Ready - help required on 12:03 - May 25 with 7311 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Karl Ready? Had him in the back of my cab once'
Karl Ready - help required on 12:03 - May 25 with 7312 viewsPhildo

The title of this thread actually sums up my recollections of seeing his name on the teamsheet

'Karl Ready - help required'
Karl Ready - help required on 12:05 - May 25 with 7300 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought he was alright in comparison to those around him at the time.
Login to get fewer ads

Karl Ready - help required on 12:06 - May 25 with 7289 viewspaulparker

Was there when he made his debut I think against Wimbledon 92/93
was also there when he broke his leg against Crewe (furlong off his arse game)
I remember thinking he looked like a poor mans Darren Peacock, especially with that stupid barnet of his
club captain during the Houston years when we let Macca go to form a deadly partnership with steve morrow
ready couldn't head a ball, had no pace , and couldn't read the game to save his life
only thing of note he did was beat up a cab driver who got the hump with him kissing a bloke in his cab

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Karl Ready - help required on 12:09 - May 25 with 7281 viewseghamranger

Terrible hair, Welsh, lived in Hanwell and drove a Golf Gti.

Think other people have answered about his football capability...
Karl Ready - help required on 12:13 - May 25 with 7263 viewsShotKneesHoop

Karl Ready - help required on 12:06 - May 25 by paulparker

Was there when he made his debut I think against Wimbledon 92/93
was also there when he broke his leg against Crewe (furlong off his arse game)
I remember thinking he looked like a poor mans Darren Peacock, especially with that stupid barnet of his
club captain during the Houston years when we let Macca go to form a deadly partnership with steve morrow
ready couldn't head a ball, had no pace , and couldn't read the game to save his life
only thing of note he did was beat up a cab driver who got the hump with him kissing a bloke in his cab

I was there for his debut against Wimbledon, he was terrible that day - but it turned out to be one of his better performances. I wouldn't waste ink on him.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Karl Ready - help required on 12:23 - May 25 with 7236 viewsCamberleyR

Was staggered to read he played over 250 (yes, 250!) games for us on his Wiki profile. Awful defender who when he played, you always knew there was a mistake in him.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Karl Ready - help required on 12:27 - May 25 with 7222 viewsMrSheen

Great last minute goal to shut Bristol City up.
Karl Ready - help required on 12:39 - May 25 with 7188 viewsparker64

Strange how so many managers picked him.

Remember him scoring a cracker at the school end against Arsenal.

Terrible player.
Karl Ready - help required on 13:05 - May 25 with 7123 viewssexton

Terrible centre back and an even worse right back. When David Bardsley was out for the best part of a season Reddy covered for him. If you thought Ned was terrible at right back...
Karl Ready - help required on 13:11 - May 25 with 7091 viewsingeminate

Karl Ready - help required on 13:05 - May 25 by sexton

Terrible centre back and an even worse right back. When David Bardsley was out for the best part of a season Reddy covered for him. If you thought Ned was terrible at right back...

Once man marked Alan shearer out of the game.

Otherwise steaming dog shit.

him winning player of the season was a new low

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Karl Ready - help required on 13:12 - May 25 with 7091 viewsYorkRanger

Karl Ready - help required on 13:05 - May 25 by sexton

Like others I remember him as a poor player. Indeed for someone who made so many appearances for the club (c250 I think), it is surprising (and a little sad) how so few people have a good word to say about him
Karl Ready - help required on 13:12 - May 25 with 7091 viewshopphoops

The transition from Macca and Darren Peacock to Yates and Ready rather sums up the mid-90s for us.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Karl Ready - help required on 13:16 - May 25 with 7083 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Did his best. That said, shouldn't have got anywhere near the first team!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Karl Ready - help required on 13:18 - May 25 with 7074 viewsToast_R

He scored a late leveller against Blackburn Rovers away to pretty much hand Man United the title in 94. I knew he was a wrong'un then...
Karl Ready - help required on 13:19 - May 25 with 7071 viewshopphoops

In related news, Darren Peacock is fast turning into Neil Young.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Karl Ready - help required on 13:26 - May 25 with 7053 viewsDanVanDyke

Karl Ready - help required on 13:16 - May 25 by PlanetHonneywood

Did his best. That said, shouldn't have got anywhere near the first team!

Awful, awful player. Him playing in front of Roberts effectively handed the oppo at least one goal every game they played. Also remember the goal against Bburn (Bardo free kick into the wall and deflected to Unready for a tap in).

Also remember a phone call with Mr Honney who described him as an Iron and me getting confused as there's no such thing as Geordie rhyming slang and I though John was saying West Ham had signed him. They hadn't and he meant something different that is echoed above in the taxi story!
Karl Ready - help required on 13:33 - May 25 with 7027 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Karl Ready - help required on 13:26 - May 25 by DanVanDyke

Awful, awful player. Him playing in front of Roberts effectively handed the oppo at least one goal every game they played. Also remember the goal against Bburn (Bardo free kick into the wall and deflected to Unready for a tap in).

Also remember a phone call with Mr Honney who described him as an Iron and me getting confused as there's no such thing as Geordie rhyming slang and I though John was saying West Ham had signed him. They hadn't and he meant something different that is echoed above in the taxi story!

I am sure I would have said 'allegedly'!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Karl Ready - help required on 13:38 - May 25 with 7013 viewswombat

Karl Ready - help required on 13:33 - May 25 by PlanetHonneywood

I am sure I would have said 'allegedly'!

prob the worst player ive seen and yes i remember Bob Malcolms debut
rumour that he decided to change teams after he finished his career in football .

daphne biggs faviouite player as well !!

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Karl Ready - help required on 13:42 - May 25 with 6998 viewsDannytheR

What if the OP was actually Karl himself, fishing for compliments and reminders of the good old days?

Him and Steve Morrow must have been the most depressing Rangers centre back pairing I've ever seen, and I've seen Zesh Rehman.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024