Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benitez staying 13:56 - May 25 with 5577 viewssimmo

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/rafael-benitez-stay-newcastle-m

Fair play to him, a manager of his calibre doesn't need to take on a challenge like that...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Benitez staying on 14:02 - May 25 with 5553 viewsDannytheR

Would love to know how much Ashley was paying him.

All courtesy of the Sports Direct warehouse.
Benitez staying on 14:06 - May 25 with 5546 viewsbosh67

I think for Newcastle to have any chance of keeping their players this had to happen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Benitez staying on 14:07 - May 25 with 5546 viewsTheBlob

It's the lure of the night life innit.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Benitez staying on 14:38 - May 25 with 5498 viewskingsburyR

Juries out for me as to what sort of Newcastle will turn up next year.

Ill take playoffs at very best.

He doesnt know the league, he'll be gone by December to sunnier climates and its a team full of foreigners!

Norwich to win it.......with us runners up.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Benitez staying on 14:49 - May 25 with 5469 viewsTacticalR

Yet more evidence of the strange effect of the Premiership on the Championship.

Air hostess clique

Benitez staying on 15:03 - May 25 with 5417 viewspomanjou

Benitez staying on 14:02 - May 25 by DannytheR

Would love to know how much Ashley was paying him.

All courtesy of the Sports Direct warehouse.

Very heavily back ended.
£1/1.5 Basic
£5 m for promotion
£10m for staying up

Or some such.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Benitez staying on 15:34 - May 25 with 5368 viewskensalriser

Benitez staying on 14:38 - May 25 by kingsburyR

Juries out for me as to what sort of Newcastle will turn up next year.

Ill take playoffs at very best.

He doesnt know the league, he'll be gone by December to sunnier climates and its a team full of foreigners!

Norwich to win it.......with us runners up.

You almost had me until the last bit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Benitez staying on 15:41 - May 25 with 5336 viewsQPRDave

I'm not sure he's the right man for the job
Login to get fewer ads

Benitez staying on 15:51 - May 25 with 5313 viewsLongsufferingR

To be honest there were the same sort of concerns last time they went down and they pssed the league. Can't really see it being any different this time.
Benitez staying on 16:37 - May 25 with 5222 viewsPinnerPaul

Benitez staying on 15:51 - May 25 by LongsufferingR

To be honest there were the same sort of concerns last time they went down and they pssed the league. Can't really see it being any different this time.

As I've said before, its all about who stays & who stays but doesn't really want to.

No one - not even Benitez knows that at the moment as the majority of the players' agents will spend the summer (inc August!) trying to get them a PL contract.
Benitez staying on 16:41 - May 25 with 5209 viewsrunningman75

I do not think Newcastle will walk it. Derby had millions ploughed into them but still messed up. Too many teams in the Championship who have seen better days ( Leeds , Nottingham Forest , Ipswich Town, Norwich City, Aston Villa, QPR).
Benitez staying on 16:44 - May 25 with 5199 viewsTacticalR

'Benitez has been given complete control over recruitment and has also been promised a large transfer kitty in order to rebuild the side this summer. Chief Scout Graham Carr will be leaving the club in the next few weeks as Benitez wants to put his own scouting network in place.

Ashley has also told managing director Lee Charnley to ensure Benitez is allowed to reinvest the money received from player sales, which could be a huge windfall.

Newcastle are likely to sell Moussa Sissoko, Georginio Wijnaldum, Daryl Janmaat and Andros Townsend this summer and would expect to net around £40m for the quartet.'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/25/rafa-benitez-armed-with-large-tra

Air hostess clique

Benitez staying on 16:55 - May 25 with 5169 viewsdaveB

They'll walk the league same as last time, good move by Benitiez to stay, I'm not sure where else he could have gone in England and thats where he wants to work
Benitez staying on 17:00 - May 25 with 5150 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Big clear-outs and mass migration in (QPR, possibly Toon) v. steady ship (Burnley, possibly Narge)...hmm.

If I had to 'get on it nahhh', then as things currently stand, I agree with the bloke a few up, Narge might take some beating next season.

After that, solid, sensible and a lucky arse striker, then you'll be in the shake-up come May.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Benitez staying on 20:34 - May 25 with 5001 viewsDejR_vu

Benitez staying on 16:44 - May 25 by TacticalR

'Benitez has been given complete control over recruitment and has also been promised a large transfer kitty in order to rebuild the side this summer. Chief Scout Graham Carr will be leaving the club in the next few weeks as Benitez wants to put his own scouting network in place.

Ashley has also told managing director Lee Charnley to ensure Benitez is allowed to reinvest the money received from player sales, which could be a huge windfall.

Newcastle are likely to sell Moussa Sissoko, Georginio Wijnaldum, Daryl Janmaat and Andros Townsend this summer and would expect to net around £40m for the quartet.'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/25/rafa-benitez-armed-with-large-tra

How come when they get relegated they're apparently able to sell players for tens of millions and yet we have to pay other clubs to take players off our hands? Only at QPR.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Benitez staying on 20:41 - May 25 with 4991 viewsFredManRave

Benitez staying on 14:07 - May 25 by TheBlob

His the man what?

[Post edited 25 May 2016 20:41]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Benitez staying on 20:53 - May 25 with 4973 viewsPommyhoop

Benitez staying on 14:07 - May 25 by TheBlob

Yep..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Benitez staying on 23:15 - May 25 with 4863 viewsTacticalR

Benitez staying on 20:34 - May 25 by DejR_vu

How come when they get relegated they're apparently able to sell players for tens of millions and yet we have to pay other clubs to take players off our hands? Only at QPR.

We'll have to wait and see if Newcastle really do get that sort of money for those players.

Air hostess clique

Benitez staying on 23:44 - May 25 with 4837 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Benitez staying on 20:34 - May 25 by DejR_vu

Probably because it is 'apparently'
Lets see what happens with the reality.
Benitez staying on 12:14 - May 26 with 4685 viewspaulparker

No way will they walk this league, if anything Benitez & co are in for a big shock
Sissoko,Perez, Mitrovic , De jong , Anita , Gouffran, shelvey, Riverie will not fancy this league what so ever
everyone is going to want to be beating this lot and they don't have the stomach for a fight
Benitez doesn't know the championship either , im very intrigued to see who he buys
my guess it will be a load of academy players from Liverpool, City & Chelsea
you need character, heart, guts , stamina to get out of this league , you need certain players and they don't have them
oh and good luck shifting Wijanldum , janmaat, Oberten , Cisse, Tiote, they wont get jack for them , there only asset to sell is Townsend and he has an 8 million release clause
if anything id fancy Norwich to win it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Benitez staying on 13:54 - May 26 with 4622 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Benitez staying on 12:14 - May 26 by paulparker

No way will they walk this league, if anything Benitez & co are in for a big shock
Sissoko,Perez, Mitrovic , De jong , Anita , Gouffran, shelvey, Riverie will not fancy this league what so ever
everyone is going to want to be beating this lot and they don't have the stomach for a fight
Benitez doesn't know the championship either , im very intrigued to see who he buys
you need character, heart, guts , stamina to get out of this league , you need certain players and they don't have them
oh and good luck shifting Wijanldum , janmaat, Oberten , Cisse, Tiote, they wont get jack for them , there only asset to sell is Townsend and he has an 8 million release clause

Yes, I would make Norwich favourites over Newcastle even now.
Benitez staying on 20:15 - May 26 with 4513 viewsDanVanDyke

Benitez staying on 12:14 - May 26 by paulparker

Well they all think they're going to walk it up here now Benitez is staying. I don't buy the hype, he got them more organised at the back but persisted with Cisse up front who bar a Patrick Agyemang tear in the fabric a couple of seasons back, has been pants ever since. Lost to Norwich, couldn't beat the Mackems, didn't have many games but a better manager would have maybe kept them up.

Last time they went down they had a good core, Harper, Taylor, Nolan, Carroll...nothing like that now. Filled with budget imports on big money, as Graham Carr's touch turned to sh#t.

It does mean that they will be on the fu*kin' telly every single week to hit BT Sport viewing figures. Oh well, we always lose on Sky anyway. First fixture I'm looking out for though! Hopefully we'll finally win. Taking my boy, his step mum thinks he's going in the Toon end with her but he's he in for a surprise and a view from the rarified atmosphere of the away end!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024