Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DACs & Integrated Amps 18:23 - May 25 with 2931 viewsBklynRanger

Q1: Is this one any good?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Fb9JUvTGOhL/p_731N65SEB/Peachtree-Audio-nova65SE-Gl

Q2: Would it function properly in Jolly Olde Engerlund? There's a switch on the back that says "115v - 230v" but I thought I'd better check - safety first.

Q3: Anybody else have any good suggestions? I looked at some of the Cambridge Audio stuff at Richer Sounds but couldn't make up my mind and would rather not have a separate DAC and amp situation unless there's a good reason for it - aesthetics you see. It would be powering a half-decent pair of 85w speakers.

Thanks in ad-vance.

DACs & Integrated Amps on 19:48 - May 25 with 2889 viewsDorse

When you typed 'crutch field' into Google, were you really looking for Hi-Fi gear?

Be honest, you're among friends.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

DACs & Integrated Amps on 19:55 - May 25 with 2883 viewsTheBlob

Q.4.Will it shake the fillings from the neighbours'teeth?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

DACs & Integrated Amps on 19:57 - May 25 with 2879 viewsBklynRanger

DACs & Integrated Amps on 19:48 - May 25 by Dorse

When you typed 'crutch field' into Google, were you really looking for Hi-Fi gear?

Be honest, you're among friends.

It started off as a human resources matter that I was researching for a colleague: "Is crotch feel a crime?". Turns out it is. Frigids.
DACs & Integrated Amps on 20:00 - May 25 with 2878 viewskensalriser

1. No idea.
2. Yes.
3. Naim (Richer owns Cambridge audio, I believe). Separates tend to offer better quality.
4. Stop nambying about and get yourself a 10k rig.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

DACs & Integrated Amps on 20:23 - May 25 with 2864 viewsBklynRanger

DACs & Integrated Amps on 20:00 - May 25 by kensalriser

1. No idea.
2. Yes.
3. Naim (Richer owns Cambridge audio, I believe). Separates tend to offer better quality.
4. Stop nambying about and get yourself a 10k rig.

Cheers Kensal. That Naim stuff always looks great but it's always out of my budget. Maybe one day when I'm older and far more successful. Didn't know Richer owned Cambridge Audio - the sneaky buggers.
DACs & Integrated Amps on 21:15 - May 25 with 2832 viewsqprwpg

I'd recommend testing it in the store, with the same speakers as yours (or test the amp at home) if possible. Then you'll know how it'll sound, bring music that you know for reference. Usually the 115v to 230v range will work. I brought over some equipment from Canada and it works just fine in Europe.

Some speakers work better with certain amps, for example B&W work well with Marantz or Denon amps. What speakers do you have? And are you looking for good low or mid or hi frequency? Also the type of music you'll be mostly playing comes into amp selection.

Twitter: @qprwpg

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:04 - May 25 with 2813 viewsjohncharles

DACs & Integrated Amps on 20:23 - May 25 by BklynRanger

Cheers Kensal. That Naim stuff always looks great but it's always out of my budget. Maybe one day when I'm older and far more successful. Didn't know Richer owned Cambridge Audio - the sneaky buggers.

Now I'm not saying that Richer own What Hi Fi but ................
Anyway, when all's said and done, Cambridge amps are really good.

Strong and stable my arse.

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:18 - May 25 with 2808 viewsTheBlob

Not much beats the mighty Krell.

http://www.krellonline.com/integrated-amps.html
[Post edited 25 May 2016 22:20]

Login to get fewer ads

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:37 - May 25 with 2782 viewsted_hendrix

Mr Bridge,
This thread makes me sad and hanker for the 'old days'
In the very early 70's I had a stand alone Leak amplifier, stand alone Leak tuner, stand alone Leak turntable and bloody big and beautiful sounding Leak speakers.
The Company I believe have long since gone and were an independent (from memory) Hi-Fi Company working out of London.
There's something about putting an LP on the turntable and just listening to the music as it should be heard.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:40 - May 25 with 2776 viewsBklynRanger

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:18 - May 25 by TheBlob

Not much beats the mighty Krell.

http://www.krellonline.com/integrated-amps.html
[Post edited 25 May 2016 22:20]

*cough**splutter*

They look very nice Blob.
DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:41 - May 25 with 2774 viewsjohncharles

In the sixties We used to use the band's PA. We'ed run a record deck, Garard SP 25 was the favourite at the time or an old Brennell reel to reel through a WEM PA. If your listening to rock n roll records they sound great through rock n roll amps.
And it's fcuking loud.
Try putting ZZ Top through your guitar amp.
Disintergrating highs and a bass that pulls the nails out of your floorboards
[Post edited 25 May 2016 22:49]

Strong and stable my arse.

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:44 - May 25 with 2767 viewsBklynRanger

DACs & Integrated Amps on 21:15 - May 25 by qprwpg

I'd recommend testing it in the store, with the same speakers as yours (or test the amp at home) if possible. Then you'll know how it'll sound, bring music that you know for reference. Usually the 115v to 230v range will work. I brought over some equipment from Canada and it works just fine in Europe.

Some speakers work better with certain amps, for example B&W work well with Marantz or Denon amps. What speakers do you have? And are you looking for good low or mid or hi frequency? Also the type of music you'll be mostly playing comes into amp selection.

Cheeps mate, yeah it's tricky getting things matched up. They're Klipsch speakers which, as far as I know, are only made in 'Merica. I've been using them with a Denon CD player, Audiosource pre-amp and Harmon/Kardon power amp. Which all worked fine. The CD player is knackered now and the other two bits won't work over there. So rather than deal with the 100 million other stressful hassles of trying to de-emigrate I'm focusing on the important stuff - sound quality.
DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:48 - May 25 with 2763 viewsBklynRanger

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:37 - May 25 by ted_hendrix

Mr Bridge,
This thread makes me sad and hanker for the 'old days'
In the very early 70's I had a stand alone Leak amplifier, stand alone Leak tuner, stand alone Leak turntable and bloody big and beautiful sounding Leak speakers.
The Company I believe have long since gone and were an independent (from memory) Hi-Fi Company working out of London.
There's something about putting an LP on the turntable and just listening to the music as it should be heard.

I think I may have heard of them, Ted, Welsh company....

I tried to flog my current 'equipment' to hifi dealers and got some very quick rejections. Even though the sentences were short I could read between the lines that I may have made a bit of a fool of myself.

But that Leak action - that would be a different matter.
DACs & Integrated Amps on 23:00 - May 25 with 2741 viewslondonscottish

My main music amp is a CA 640R that I've now had for 10 years or so.

FWIW the reviews at the time suggested that it punched well above it weight.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

DACs & Integrated Amps on 23:01 - May 25 with 2741 viewsqprwpg

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:40 - May 25 by BklynRanger

*cough**splutter*

They look very nice Blob.

My thoughts exactly...it's worth more than my car! The Klipsch speakers are very nice overall...but I've been out of the audio game for a while, so don't know all the new techy things available now. So you just gotta let your ears (and wallet) make the decision. Try a few things and see what works, sorry can't help you more.

Twitter: @qprwpg

DACs & Integrated Amps on 08:27 - May 26 with 2686 viewsDorse

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:41 - May 25 by johncharles

In the sixties We used to use the band's PA. We'ed run a record deck, Garard SP 25 was the favourite at the time or an old Brennell reel to reel through a WEM PA. If your listening to rock n roll records they sound great through rock n roll amps.
And it's fcuking loud.
Try putting ZZ Top through your guitar amp.
Disintergrating highs and a bass that pulls the nails out of your floorboards
[Post edited 25 May 2016 22:49]

Did something similar through my 450W Marshall. Sounded like the apocalypse. My previous band used my Marshall and the guitarist's 350W Fender Bassman as a back line. Fcuking deafening when we cranked it up.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

DACs & Integrated Amps on 08:54 - May 26 with 2668 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That amp looks very sterile.

The Black Heart Camden has just had this delivered... can't wait for the next ear pasting.

https://www.facebook.com/blackheartcamden/photos/a.10150095751026721.269515.1712

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

DACs & Integrated Amps on 09:03 - May 26 with 2661 viewsTheBlob

DACs & Integrated Amps on 08:27 - May 26 by Dorse

Did something similar through my 450W Marshall. Sounded like the apocalypse. My previous band used my Marshall and the guitarist's 350W Fender Bassman as a back line. Fcuking deafening when we cranked it up.

First job I had in the seventies was flogging Bang & Olufsen hi fi to an unsuspecting public,plus Wharfedale,Trio,Sony and the like.The little Trio amps were fantastic punchy little things - Kenwood now.
Gravitating into the rock scene,poxy horrible little PA's,even Creamand Hendrix had rubbish little WEM outfits sounding like the announcer on a train station whilst trying to compete with Marshall 100w stacks.We(UPP)eventually used a 1000w Crown setup,separate bass mid and treble bins......extremely potent. and four of the new Marshall Major 200w stacks which sounded like the Last Trump being sounded (not Donald).Too wieldy in the end and bands then had small clean amps like Fenders or AC30's miked up to ginormous PA systems.It's all gone mental now,great fun messing about with the stuff though.

DACs & Integrated Amps on 18:20 - May 26 with 2588 viewsFDC

I've just bought this amp, with integrated DAC, and floorstands. The speakers sound fantastic, since you asked

http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/pah012917
DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:12 - Jun 13 with 2397 viewsBklynRanger

What about this thing? Would my Cliff Richards albums sound clean and clear through this?

Plus it says "100-240V - 50/60Hz" on the back which I think means it works on both condiments.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TrD1EZXrKpY/p_745D3020/NAD-D-3020.html
DACs & Integrated Amps on 23:09 - Jun 13 with 2375 viewsTheBlob

DACs & Integrated Amps on 22:12 - Jun 13 by BklynRanger

What about this thing? Would my Cliff Richards albums sound clean and clear through this?

Plus it says "100-240V - 50/60Hz" on the back which I think means it works on both condiments.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TrD1EZXrKpY/p_745D3020/NAD-D-3020.html

It's the self adhesive rubber feet that was the clincher wasn't it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024