Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cobblers 12:08 - May 26 with 3166 viewsDWQPR

Friendly arranged at the team we could never beat back in the day (except when Ray Jones was playing). Nearly got thrown out of Sixfields once, during the game when we managed to scrape a 2-2 draw from a game we were two up in and they were down to ten men.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/
[Post edited 26 May 2016 12:09]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cobblers on 12:15 - May 26 with 3139 viewsHerzog

I was at that game. When Langley and Karl Connolly were in their pomp. We should have gone 3 or 4-0 up when we were on top. Seem to recall Clark Carlisle (injured?) was in the crowd with us, but maybe I'm misremembering
Cobblers on 12:23 - May 26 with 3115 viewspaulparker

Great , its 5 minutes down the road from where I work

been 3 times the 1-1 (furlong) the 3-0 defeat in the cup (evett sending off)
and a really bad 1-0 win in a pre season friendly (may have been ledesma)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cobblers on 12:36 - May 26 with 3084 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No one can complain we're not having games this pre-season, we'll be shagged come 6 August!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cobblers on 12:49 - May 26 with 3045 viewsWilly_WonkR

Cobblers on 12:36 - May 26 by PlanetHonneywood

No one can complain we're not having games this pre-season, we'll be shagged come 6 August!!

Or maybe we'll have the mysterious match fitness that is often suggested as missing from our players.

It is a fine balance though. Hopefully, with plenty of matches everyone will have had sufficient game time before the season kicks off.
Cobblers on 13:05 - May 26 with 3000 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Cobblers on 12:49 - May 26 by Willy_WonkR

Or maybe we'll have the mysterious match fitness that is often suggested as missing from our players.

It is a fine balance though. Hopefully, with plenty of matches everyone will have had sufficient game time before the season kicks off.

Match fitness for the start of the season...hmm, I have heard of this phenomenon, but not seen it.

I think you'll need to define it for us please.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cobblers on 13:11 - May 26 with 2981 viewsaston_hoop

This is getting all too sensible now. Unless this game is called off because the sixseats is double-booked with a women's institute bingo and erotic literature night and we're forced to play Long Buckby Town's reserves in a local pub garden, I won't be happy.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cobblers on 13:16 - May 26 with 2960 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cobblers on 12:15 - May 26 by Herzog

I was at that game. When Langley and Karl Connolly were in their pomp. We should have gone 3 or 4-0 up when we were on top. Seem to recall Clark Carlisle (injured?) was in the crowd with us, but maybe I'm misremembering

Karl Connolly in his pomp? I never saw that, but then I wasn't at that game, so I may have missed it. Did it just last those 90 minutes does anyone know?

Bare bones.

Cobblers on 13:26 - May 26 with 2931 viewswrinklyhoop

Cobblers on 12:15 - May 26 by Herzog

Think I was at that one, but don't recall Karl Connolly ever having a pomp
Login to get fewer ads

Cobblers on 14:46 - May 26 with 2837 viewsHerzog

I think I liked him more than some. I remember KC and Langers being particularly good in the game we're discussing - for about 15 minutes.

Found this

Very happy memories of that day

We've got Karl Connolly, you ....
Cobblers on 14:52 - May 26 with 2814 viewskensalriser

Cobblers on 13:26 - May 26 by wrinklyhoop

Think I was at that one, but don't recall Karl Connolly ever having a pomp

I too am most curious about Karl Connolly's pomp.

Perhaps when it happened my attention had been momentarily diverted by something of fleeting but greater interest elsewhere in the ground.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cobblers on 08:23 - May 27 with 2568 viewsDorse

Cobblers on 12:36 - May 26 by PlanetHonneywood

What? All of us?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cobblers on 09:12 - May 27 with 2532 viewswestberksr

Cobblers on 12:49 - May 26 by Willy_WonkR

what is this mythical legend that you talk of?

Match fitness in August; to even suggest such a thing I accuse you of being a witch; burn him!
Cobblers on 09:26 - May 27 with 2523 viewswrinklyhoop

Looks like it's an attempt to get the players into the Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday... mindset.
Cobblers on 09:26 - May 27 with 2523 viewsCamberleyR

Cobblers on 13:05 - May 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Match fitness for the start of the season...hmm, I have heard of this phenomenon, but not seen it.

I think you'll need to define it for us please.

Yes, it's a strange one. I think it was last seen in the summer of 2010 somewhere in the west country..

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024