Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new bruce foxton lp, top 20 12:30 - May 26 with 3435 viewsthemodfather

quite an achievement for the ex jam man.....as this lp was funded by PLEDGE MUSIC, among many other artists ( marillion and omd come to mind) anyway on advance orders the lp had been placed at number 18, "smash the clock" features some old mucka's in paul weller and wilko johnson . the chords uk have a pledge music lp out soon too , meant to be this july but chris pope says this september. cheers.
new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 12:34 - May 26 with 3419 viewsizlingtonhoop

The Chords?

Happy, happy days...
new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 13:28 - May 26 with 3367 viewsOutWestR

Meanwhile McDonalds are using a piano version of 'That's Entertainment' in their latest ad
new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 13:49 - May 26 with 3349 viewsHayesender

I didn't catch his interview on the BBC the other day, but I'm sure Paul Weller provides some of the guitar on this album.

Would love it if they reformed for a stadium tour

Poll: Shamima Beghum

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 14:07 - May 26 with 3330 viewsDWQPR

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 13:49 - May 26 by Hayesender

I didn't catch his interview on the BBC the other day, but I'm sure Paul Weller provides some of the guitar on this album.

Would love it if they reformed for a stadium tour

Daughter recently got a bit of vinyl for a friend on World Record Shop Day and when said friend came round to collect it I got chatting and she revealed that she was a big Weller fan. Felt very old when I told her that I first saw Weller on the Jam's farewell tour at Wembley in December 1982! Blown off stage that night by Big Country. Would love to see The Jam reform but I think that their is a hell of a lot of bad blood between Weller, who strikes me as a very unforgiving man, and Rick Buckler.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 15:02 - May 26 with 3291 viewsdanehoop

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 14:07 - May 26 by DWQPR

Daughter recently got a bit of vinyl for a friend on World Record Shop Day and when said friend came round to collect it I got chatting and she revealed that she was a big Weller fan. Felt very old when I told her that I first saw Weller on the Jam's farewell tour at Wembley in December 1982! Blown off stage that night by Big Country. Would love to see The Jam reform but I think that their is a hell of a lot of bad blood between Weller, who strikes me as a very unforgiving man, and Rick Buckler.

He is an unforgiving man, but he and Foxton resolved their differences following deaths of Weller's dad and Bruce's wife. But I agree that I can't see the same resolution happening between him and Buckler at all.

Weller is driven by money (hence the constant reselling of his back catalogue to firms like Sky and McDonalds (shades of Burning Sky there) and the constant desire to progress his own musical development. If there was enough money in it, there is always an outside chance he would do it, but realistically he hasn't ever shown any interest in doing so previously and the bad blood with Buckler would probably preclude the original Jam reforming.

Never knowingly understood

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 15:44 - May 26 with 3272 views18StoneOfHoop

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 14:07 - May 26 by DWQPR

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 17:45 - May 26 with 3206 viewsDiscodroids

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 15:44 - May 26 by 18StoneOfHoop

cheers 18 stne, enjoyed that.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 10:42 - May 27 with 3063 viewsA40Bosh

I owe a lot to Bruce Foxton.
Spent many 100s of hours locked in my bedroom when I was 18 and got my first ever bass for my 18th birthday , listening intently to SNAP, Dig The New Breed, All Mod Cons, Sound Effects and The Gift, trying to learn every single Jam bass line when I should have been concentrating on my A Levels instead. In those day it was put the needle on the record, listen to a couple of bars, flick the needle back again to play the bars again, attempt the line, flick the needle, listen to the line, flick the needle, try to play the line, flick the needle. I remember being over the moon when I finally nailed News of The World for the first time.

Now, if I have to learn a new song for someone's wedding you just go on to Youtube and watch some 15yr old who has hosted a tutorial on it or go to an MP3 site and down load the Tab.

Interesting that Mark Brzezicki is on drum duty on Foxton's new Album - might be worth checking out. I have to say though, that as much as I worship Foxton as one of my Bass Gods, it really was Weller who was the songwriting powerhouse in The Jam.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 12:45 - May 27 with 3030 viewsDWQPR

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 10:42 - May 27 by A40Bosh

I owe a lot to Bruce Foxton.
Spent many 100s of hours locked in my bedroom when I was 18 and got my first ever bass for my 18th birthday , listening intently to SNAP, Dig The New Breed, All Mod Cons, Sound Effects and The Gift, trying to learn every single Jam bass line when I should have been concentrating on my A Levels instead. In those day it was put the needle on the record, listen to a couple of bars, flick the needle back again to play the bars again, attempt the line, flick the needle, listen to the line, flick the needle, try to play the line, flick the needle. I remember being over the moon when I finally nailed News of The World for the first time.

Now, if I have to learn a new song for someone's wedding you just go on to Youtube and watch some 15yr old who has hosted a tutorial on it or go to an MP3 site and down load the Tab.

Interesting that Mark Brzezicki is on drum duty on Foxton's new Album - might be worth checking out. I have to say though, that as much as I worship Foxton as one of my Bass Gods, it really was Weller who was the songwriting powerhouse in The Jam.

Mark Brzezicki has worked with Bruce Foxton for a good while now replacing Rick Buckler as drummer for From The Jam when Buckler decided that he had had enough. This whilst working again with Big Country fronted by The Alarm lead singer, Mike Peters. By all accounts it is worth seeing From The Jam live as I've read a few times that Russell Hastings out-wellers Paul Weller!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 13:08 - May 27 with 3012 viewsNortholt_Rs

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 15:02 - May 26 by danehoop

He is an unforgiving man, but he and Foxton resolved their differences following deaths of Weller's dad and Bruce's wife. But I agree that I can't see the same resolution happening between him and Buckler at all.

Weller is driven by money (hence the constant reselling of his back catalogue to firms like Sky and McDonalds (shades of Burning Sky there) and the constant desire to progress his own musical development. If there was enough money in it, there is always an outside chance he would do it, but realistically he hasn't ever shown any interest in doing so previously and the bad blood with Buckler would probably preclude the original Jam reforming.

He isn't driven by money at all otherwise he'd never have broken up The Jam at the absolute height of their success plus he'd have succumbed to the constant requests for a reformed Jam tour (like The Floyd, Genesis, etc). Think of the money he'd make from that - it would be millions. Weller may be many things but money driven clearly isn't of them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 13:42 - May 27 with 2988 viewsdanehoop

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 13:08 - May 27 by Northolt_Rs

He isn't driven by money at all otherwise he'd never have broken up The Jam at the absolute height of their success plus he'd have succumbed to the constant requests for a reformed Jam tour (like The Floyd, Genesis, etc). Think of the money he'd make from that - it would be millions. Weller may be many things but money driven clearly isn't of them.

Probably wirth reading a few more the biographies on that. Paolo Hewitt's The Changing Man is a particularly good insight into the great man. You might not think he so money driven in the early days, but his dad was very clear to him about the importance of it. Remember too that following the orginal break up of the Jam the big fall out between them came over the song credits which is where the money was.

The reissuing of the Jam back catalogues and use of all the other material that Weller produced like English Rose and Thats Entertainment, Into the Sinking etc. nets him a tidy windfall. As he owns the rights he gets to decide whether or not to release them. Interestingly quite a lot of that happened initially when he lost the record deal after the Style Council and he was reputedly hard up for cash at that point (not helped I am guessing by with the residual costs of four marriages). He admitted that quite a few of the videos from his first solo album were shot on a shoestring because he was short of funds. But with the Britpop revival and his own now very successful solo career, most of his kids grown up, one can assume that he isnt short of cash - but interestingly it hasn't stopped the deals for his back catalogue material going through.

Just cant see the young idealistic angry young spokesperson of a generation of the early 80's being entirely comfortable with pop icon that he perhaps is now. Having said that, he is one of my favourite artists who I have seen live in every incarnation/band line up from the Jam through to present day.

Never knowingly understood

new bruce foxton lp, top 20 on 13:53 - May 27 with 2984 viewsMonahoop

Bruce Foxton is one of the finest bass guitarists around and comes across as a decent kind of chap. It's good to know he has patched up his differences with Paul Weller, but I doubt we will ever see a Jam [proper] get together. It's a bit like back in 70's when there was a craving for a Beatles revival or get together. It was never going to happen with the usual rock n roll shebang, personality clashes and disagreements etc. Any way some lunatic shot Lennon and that ended that idea for good.

Weller is not too keen on a reunion, I'm not sure about Buckler [ must get round to reading his book ]. Then again, we had the same scenario with The Police. Never to to come together and when they did a few years back it was as a disaster and a big disappointment. Too long apart and all the musicians moved on in various directions music wise.

I've not heard Smash the Clock yet, but it seems good, especially with Weller and Wilko involved. I'd prefer the Jam to be a fine memory of my youth, not a coming together jamboree of three greying 50/ 60 somethings playing to an audience of mainly stiff kneed, aching backed, greying/bald headed ex punks/mods of similar vintage, of which I am proudly one.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024