Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the big short if you're stuck for a movie 17:57 - May 26 with 1301 viewsbob566

saw this last night. Good film. Worth a watch. Stellar cast. Christian Bale brilliant again playing an investment banker with aspergers foreseeing the subprime going bust.
the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 18:15 - May 26 with 1282 viewsFDC

Yeah that was excellent.

Watched The Witch the other night. Not sure if it was good or not. It was definitely odd, and quite unnerving in places.
the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 19:30 - May 26 with 1239 viewsBoston

The Big Short is a very good film, recommend to anyone with an interest in business. But, and it is a VERY big but, the movie fails to explain in any way how this situation arose, It's rather like building a mansion and forgetting the foundation. Still, even with this glaring omission and my belief that it's absence was political in nature, the film competently and entertainingly covers the actions of a few who became aware that the system was a house of cards and how a fortune could be made by betting on a crash.
Unfortunately they'll be able to shoot a sequel before many of us kick the bucket.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 20:40 - May 26 with 1179 viewsPunteR

Struggled to decide on The big Short or The Hateful Eight last night but opted for the latter.
The big short is next on my list.
The Hateful Eight is good. The first half especially had the makings of a classic western but then descended into a gore fest.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 23:11 - May 26 with 1122 viewsToast_R

Just watched Ted 2. Was pretty shite.
the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 23:15 - May 26 with 1116 viewsMonkey_Roots

I watched 'stranger than fiction' the other night. Will Ferrell in a more straight role than usual. Really enjoyed it.

Poll: Will we stay up?

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 01:15 - May 27 with 1078 viewsbob566

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 19:30 - May 26 by Boston

The Big Short is a very good film, recommend to anyone with an interest in business. But, and it is a VERY big but, the movie fails to explain in any way how this situation arose, It's rather like building a mansion and forgetting the foundation. Still, even with this glaring omission and my belief that it's absence was political in nature, the film competently and entertainingly covers the actions of a few who became aware that the system was a house of cards and how a fortune could be made by betting on a crash.
Unfortunately they'll be able to shoot a sequel before many of us kick the bucket.

Do you work in banking or finance Boston? I didn't understand half the lingo but enjoyed it.
the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 02:49 - May 27 with 1059 viewsBoston

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 01:15 - May 27 by bob566

Do you work in banking or finance Boston? I didn't understand half the lingo but enjoyed it.

No, but I enjoy an occasional bet.

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 12:06 - May 27 with 970 viewsonlyrinmoray

I got a good movie out on Lovefilm this week called the Four Year Plan. crazy story about some millionaires who bought a washed up club and they went on to win the league The nasty football bosses tried to get the title taken away Then at the last minute they let them keep the title.. Happy ending............Ridiculous storyline

(Think we beat Leicester to it)
Login to get fewer ads

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 15:49 - May 27 with 889 viewskensalriser

Bos, sure you didn't go out for a pony while they were explaining how it arose? Or are you talking about the legislative/deregulation background?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 16:28 - May 27 with 873 viewsBoston

the big short if you're stuck for a movie on 15:49 - May 27 by kensalriser

Bos, sure you didn't go out for a pony while they were explaining how it arose? Or are you talking about the legislative/deregulation background?

Bingo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024