Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Zealand 12:07 - May 27 with 1494 viewsenfieldargh

Back in the late 50's my dad was offered a job in New Zealand.

So me, my 2 sisters, mum and our Black Lab called SAMBO(!!!!) almost went off to Christchurch. It would have meant that I would never have heard of QPR as my dad only took me after qpr won the cup.

Somebody recommended in the TV thread Top of the Lake, which I watched and the scenery like shown in Lord of the Rings etc is breathtaking.

NZ, I think of Sheep, Roast Lamb, Jona Loomu, The runner called Walker who always slogged it out with Coe & Ovett, Sir Edmund Hilary,, Jean Batten, the Huka and of course Ryan Nelson

But why is New Zealand full of Hells Angels? Most other programs on NZ I've seen that biker gangs seem to be very prevalent.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

New Zealand on 12:18 - May 27 with 1461 viewsPlanetHonneywood

To think, you'd be suxty now and longing to come back to the old country for some fush and chups and tin pints of ale.

The reason I suspect there are so many bikers is why there are so many cyclists, walkers, hikers etc. It is a ridiculously stunning land for which the locals rightly call it Godsown.

On the other hand, you've avoided sticking your tongue out a lot and looking very silly doing the Haka.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New Zealand on 13:28 - May 27 with 1358 viewsTGRRRSSS

MOngrel Mob and Black Power the main well known Biker (Predominantly Maori) gangs.

They have various Chapters in the same vein as the Hells Angels.

This gives you an idea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongrel_Mob
[Post edited 27 May 2016 13:30]
New Zealand on 14:31 - May 27 with 1306 viewsFearless

Watch "Once Were Warriors"
(If you haven't already)
[Post edited 27 May 2016 14:33]
New Zealand on 16:56 - May 27 with 1216 viewsPinnerR

Same here, dad was offered a job there in 1958, but wouldn't leave his mum; he was 41 at the time!
New Zealand on 19:27 - May 27 with 1126 viewsBoston

I have a brother in Whangarei, New Zealand. Doesn't belong to any biker gang but might consider if the local cribbage club forms a motor cycle association.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New Zealand on 19:41 - May 27 with 1114 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pal of mine who was pre uni travelling round NZ fell asleep at the wheel down some farming roads and half impaled himself on a fencepost.

He reckons some of the Mongrel Mob helped him right out and took him to hospital etc.
New Zealand on 20:47 - May 27 with 1070 viewsHitch

NZ has about 4000 gang members, most are harmless and thick. How many does Chelsea have?
New Zealand on 21:08 - May 27 with 1051 viewsBoston

New Zealand on 20:47 - May 27 by Hitch

NZ has about 4000 gang members, most are harmless and thick. How many does Chelsea have?

New Zealanders?

Login to get fewer ads

New Zealand on 21:25 - May 27 with 1038 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Been here 11 years now and yeah you see the odd patch but the gangs are mainly collected in certain areas. As in most countries, they control a lot of the drugs (meth "P", weed, but funnily enough not so much the cocaine...). Most f the time they ignore the average Jo citizen so no really worry but they do fight amongst themselves. We have two main gangs, Headhunters and Mongel Mob and basically they sort sh*t out between themselves.

To say NZ is "full" of bike gangs is a misrepresentation tho. A bit like saying "Qpr have always played attractive football"..

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

New Zealand on 22:08 - May 27 with 1013 viewsHitch

New Zealand on 21:08 - May 27 by Boston

New Zealanders?

no, harmless and thick
New Zealand on 02:44 - May 28 with 955 viewsBoston

New Zealand on 22:08 - May 27 by Hitch

no, harmless and thick

Cruel comment that though, about Chelsea, it's only the 98% that give the rest a bad name.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024