Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Ego Behind The Wheel 14:22 - May 27 with 5541 viewsToast_R

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36396341

Been following this case recently. Caught up on a road rage incident and no doubt flexing his superiority complex in his expensive flash motor, ends up crashing head on into another vehicle nothing to do with the said incident and paralysing two young girls in the process. Heart breaking. Today he’s been given 4.5 years. Deserved more in my opinion. Would be a travesty if he ever gets back on the road again.

What went wrong in his head though?
Here’s a man who should know better. Everyone minding their own business, gets annoyed with another driver and loses all thought process and risk assessment. He isn't having it and in a moment of cave man madness, f**ks everyone’s lives up. Ridiculous.

What are the chances that if he was driving a run of the mill road car and not towering over the road in a pristine Icy white powerful Land Rover Discovery, he doesn't react like that?
An Ego Behind The Wheel on 12:09 - May 28 with 1021 viewsTGRRRSSS

I wouldnt say I speed particularly maybe a bit more when on country roads with nothing around, in towns and cities it's increasingly difficult and frankly pointless to do so anyway.
An Ego Behind The Wheel on 00:06 - May 29 with 945 viewsBrightonhoop

An Ego Behind The Wheel on 12:09 - May 28 by TGRRRSSS

I wouldnt say I speed particularly maybe a bit more when on country roads with nothing around, in towns and cities it's increasingly difficult and frankly pointless to do so anyway.

That b4stard should never be allowed t drive again.

There were significun t problems with double parkers near my kids school at 9am and 3 pm, Brighton plod deployed no nuclear devices opting for traffic wardens.

Poor bloke eh? Slow down ffs.n 2 years with no costs

If it my two? I would bide my time and give him justice.
An Ego Behind The Wheel on 08:13 - May 29 with 905 viewsstowmarketrange

An Ego Behind The Wheel on 10:03 - May 28 by DeepcutHoop

Speedos are not allowed to show a slower speed than you are travelling.

Ive had this discussion on other forums, and I've seen that very fact used to justify why people speed.

That and the line that the police let you have a certain amount over the speed limit before they'll do anything, and people are justifying driving at over the limit by 10mph or more.

If you stick to the speed limit, it's safer, you're not risking being caught speeding at all, it makes little difference to your eventual journey time, and traffic would flow better if everyone was on the same page.

I know it's idealistic, but until driverless cars are a reality, it's the best I can hope for :)

I drove up to the Peak District yesterday to do some hill walking.My speedo was showing 70 mph,but my satnav showed 66mph.In order to get a reading of 70 on the satnav I had to drive at 74 according to the speedo.

As for the driver involved in this incident,he should have received a longer sentence due to the fact that he was a so called "professional driver."
They are proposing increased penalties for us HGV drivers for using our mobiles at the wheel.Why shouldn't it be the same for causing a crash like this one?

As a driver of a 44 ton truck you'd never believe the things I see drivers do to try and get to their destinations a second or two quicker.I'm very glad that I mostly drive at night as there is normally a lot more tolerance from all road users,maybe because there isn't as much traffic on the road?

On the subject of 30mph limits.I always put my cruise control on in towns and villages,but I've lost count of the amount of card and vans that overtake me just so they can get to the next set of red lights first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024