Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In todays other managerial news... 16:51 - May 27 with 1487 viewsFredManRave

Pearson has just been confirmed as the new Derby manager with Chris Powell as his assistant. A good appointment for them, at a minimum a top 6 six finish again for them but getting into that top six is looking more and more difficult next season.

Here's some Nigel Pearson for you: "I am honoured to be named as the manager of Derby County, which is one of the biggest clubs in the country, a club in excellent shape and one with strong ambitions. It is firmly focused on achieving Premier League football.

"I will give absolutely everything I have to this role and do all I can to bring exciting, entertaining and winning football which our supporters can be proud of.”

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

In todays other managerial news... on 17:00 - May 27 with 1451 viewsLongsufferingR

Surprised it took so long for him to find a job.

He could prove me wrong though by having a fight with three of his players and choking a referee during a match.
In todays other managerial news... on 18:02 - May 27 with 1318 viewsDWQPR

Interesting to see if Derby get a transfer embargo after splashing the cash on another failure of a season.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

In todays other managerial news... on 18:14 - May 27 with 1291 viewsQPRDave

Not sure he or they will achieve minimum top 6 Fred. They should with the money spent, but what should happen and what does.......
In todays other managerial news... on 18:17 - May 27 with 1283 viewsNorthernr

Already looking forward to seeing how they mess it all up again next season.
In todays other managerial news... on 18:22 - May 27 with 1267 viewsbosh67

In todays other managerial news... on 18:17 - May 27 by Northernr

Already looking forward to seeing how they mess it all up again next season.

Good manager. Hope he doesn't f*ck it up by exceeding expectations and getting them into the top 10. The owners would hate that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

In todays other managerial news... on 18:48 - May 27 with 1226 viewsFredManRave

In todays other managerial news... on 18:14 - May 27 by QPRDave

Not sure he or they will achieve minimum top 6 Fred. They should with the money spent, but what should happen and what does.......

Assuming he doesn't let his mental instability get in the way of his managerial ability then he'll get them top 6. Big assumption maybe but he comes with a great CV and will inherit a good squad although whether they'll have money to spend we'll have to wait and see.

Fortunately the 3 clubs coming up won't challenge top half, imo, however, the Championship still looks strong for next season. Let's hope we're the surprise package...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

In todays other managerial news... on 19:23 - May 27 with 1169 viewsLongsufferingR

In todays other managerial news... on 18:48 - May 27 by FredManRave

Assuming he doesn't let his mental instability get in the way of his managerial ability then he'll get them top 6. Big assumption maybe but he comes with a great CV and will inherit a good squad although whether they'll have money to spend we'll have to wait and see.

Fortunately the 3 clubs coming up won't challenge top half, imo, however, the Championship still looks strong for next season. Let's hope we're the surprise package...

Wouldn't be so sure about the 3 coming up. Wigan look to have the sort of profile that could see them challenging for back to back promotions.

And I hear Will Grigg's on fire as well.
In todays other managerial news... on 19:24 - May 27 with 1168 viewsHollowayRanger

GOOD manager would love to have had him here instead of what we got but then again why would anyone of quality come here

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

In todays other managerial news... on 19:25 - May 27 with 1162 viewsNorthernr

In todays other managerial news... on 19:23 - May 27 by LongsufferingR

Wouldn't be so sure about the 3 coming up. Wigan look to have the sort of profile that could see them challenging for back to back promotions.

And I hear Will Grigg's on fire as well.

Wigan willing to spend some reasonably big money as well apparently. They're in for Mawson with us and Leeds.
In todays other managerial news... on 19:32 - May 27 with 1149 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pearson. Alladyce. Pulls.

Three managers who'd probably do really well for us in the short term, but would ultimately get pelters when the novelty of success wore off. They'd leave under a cloud and be forever be lablled with some half arsed nick name like Redkrapp or Benny.
In todays other managerial news... on 22:32 - May 27 with 1028 viewsSimonJames

Baffles me that Derby claim they sacked Clement because "promotion was not the primary target" and now they hire another manager who I'm sure will primarily want to win promotion!

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024