Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Washington 20:12 - May 27 with 2870 viewsQPRDave

See he's scored tonight......can't manage one for us, but....
Washington on 20:23 - May 27 with 2835 viewseghamranger

Not per the bbc website
Washington on 20:45 - May 27 with 2748 viewsDougal_RBlock

Washington has changed the way NI play.
His goal was down to a goalkeeper error but he still had to put it away!

That's 2 in 3 apps for N.I

How he doesn't get a proper run for us I'll never know.
Washington on 20:50 - May 27 with 2720 viewsNorthernr

Washington on 20:45 - May 27 by Dougal_RBlock

Washington has changed the way NI play.
His goal was down to a goalkeeper error but he still had to put it away!

That's 2 in 3 apps for N.I

How he doesn't get a proper run for us I'll never know.

I think he will next season. I expect a marked change in the way if JFH gets the players he wants.
Washington on 20:53 - May 27 with 2706 viewsRangersw12

Washington on 20:50 - May 27 by Northernr

I think he will next season. I expect a marked change in the way if JFH gets the players he wants.

I would like to see us go 433 next season

With a high pressing midfield
Washington on 20:56 - May 27 with 2690 viewsShotKneesHoop

Washington on 20:53 - May 27 by Rangersw12

I would like to see us go 433 next season

With a high pressing midfield

I'd like 0 - 0 - 10.

We've got two shit hot goalkeepers,........ so its possible.

As long as they both play at the same time.

They can swop striker roles every ten minutes.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Washington on 21:01 - May 27 with 2672 viewsrichranger

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40idnn_conor-washington-goal-hd-northern-irel
Washington on 21:44 - May 27 with 2571 viewsbosh67

I think the thing we need to do next season is...

F*CKING pass to him!!!!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Washington on 22:06 - May 27 with 2506 viewsQPRDave

Washington on 20:23 - May 27 by eghamranger

Not per the bbc website

Sorry chaps, I switched on the NI game and could've sworn they said Washington scored the 1st ...they had the camera on him and everything....
It's the mind that starts going first they say
Login to get fewer ads

Washington on 22:25 - May 27 with 2457 viewsTheBlob

That's him next out the door then.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Washington on 01:18 - May 28 with 2304 viewsconnell10

Washington on 22:06 - May 27 by QPRDave

Sorry chaps, I switched on the NI game and could've sworn they said Washington scored the 1st ...they had the camera on him and everything....

He scored the 2nd goal a brave header after a cock up by the keeper, also a lovely turn and pass to set the first goal in motion.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Washington on 07:25 - May 28 with 2218 viewsQPRDave

Washington on 01:18 - May 28 by connell10

He scored the 2nd goal a brave header after a cock up by the keeper, also a lovely turn and pass to set the first goal in motion.

Yeah I saw that conn, the pundits in the studio & comms were waxing lyrical about his performance
Washington on 09:04 - May 28 with 2099 viewsTGRRRSSS

He looks a hard working striker come through the lower leagues, give him time, he will get goals for us next season, not sure he's the next Austin but he will get goals, my view is 2 up top and it will help him a bundle and he'll start getting goals.

Only a recent signing so some of the criticism for not yet scoring is unfair.
Good Pre Season and fresh start next season and I think he'll start putting them away, Austin didn't get too many to start with either remember.
[Post edited 28 May 2016 12:06]
Washington on 09:11 - May 28 with 2093 viewsLowerloftLad

I'm sure it's just nerves waiting to score your first goal after moving from league one to the championship he did replace Charlie and there big boots to fill. I'm sure he will score 10-12 goals next season
[Post edited 28 May 2016 9:12]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Washington on 10:28 - May 28 with 2001 viewsizlingtonhoop

Washington on 22:06 - May 27 by QPRDave

Thanks for the explanation.

You realised that you cannot tell a lie!
Washington on 11:05 - May 28 with 1945 viewsNorthernr

This all comes back to the centre of our midfield IMO. Faurlin, Henry, Tozser, Luongo etc no pace, no physicality and no goals (well, two). It means we can't counter attack anybody - can we actually think of a goal we scored last season that was us springing from a defensive situation into a quick attack? We also can't get our central midfielders up in support of the strikers, or beyond them. All of that means two things - we have to go long and direct just to get the bloody ball up the field, and we need a big physical bloke up there to deal with that and hold it there while help arrives. That's why Polter had been effective and CW hasn't IMO.

The CM problem is so acute that we can't even pick more than one striker - look what a crap side like Fulham did to us through the Middle when we played 442. So we havent been able to play Polter and Wash together.

Could have played CW in Hoilett's position and given him a go there, but overall he's not going to be much use to us until we fix up the middle of midfield. So many problems we have would be solved overnight by adding so pace, mobility and strength to the middle of midfield.
Washington on 11:22 - May 28 with 1914 viewsstevec

Washington on 11:05 - May 28 by Northernr

This all comes back to the centre of our midfield IMO. Faurlin, Henry, Tozser, Luongo etc no pace, no physicality and no goals (well, two). It means we can't counter attack anybody - can we actually think of a goal we scored last season that was us springing from a defensive situation into a quick attack? We also can't get our central midfielders up in support of the strikers, or beyond them. All of that means two things - we have to go long and direct just to get the bloody ball up the field, and we need a big physical bloke up there to deal with that and hold it there while help arrives. That's why Polter had been effective and CW hasn't IMO.

The CM problem is so acute that we can't even pick more than one striker - look what a crap side like Fulham did to us through the Middle when we played 442. So we havent been able to play Polter and Wash together.

Could have played CW in Hoilett's position and given him a go there, but overall he's not going to be much use to us until we fix up the middle of midfield. So many problems we have would be solved overnight by adding so pace, mobility and strength to the middle of midfield.

In one.

That abomination of a centre midfield dragged the whole team down. Could be very hard to find the pace and attack needed there inside 3 months, suspect we will end up going for a patch up job instead, with two more purposeful holding midfielders which at least might free us to two up front and test out Washington at last.
Washington on 11:39 - May 28 with 1888 viewsDannytheR

There wasn't another team in the Championship last year, the real rubbish included, who wouldn't have overwhelmed us in a 4-4-2. That Fulham game... *shudders*

Put a player like Jordan Cousins into our midfield and it would transform us, yes, including being able to pick a player like Washington.

For all that we're too quick to demand new players, central midfield is the one area we're going to have to bring at least two players in this summer, surely.
Washington on 13:27 - May 28 with 1786 viewsbosh67

Has made the final euro 23. Well done!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Washington on 13:38 - May 28 with 1760 viewsLblock

Congrats to CW.

Hope he has a good tournament and bags a couple of goals
Then if JDH insists on keeping him on the bench he'll at least get another club quick and for a decent fee

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Washington on 13:41 - May 28 with 1748 viewsparker64

Washington on 11:05 - May 28 by Northernr

I think Les identified this a long time ago and it's odd it hasn't been addressed. We needed legs. No pace, no physicality there and when you didn't have either Hoilett or Phillips playing the lack of pace is really apparent.

The thing is you really don't have to be that good to get within shouting distance of promotion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024