Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mourinho is a glorified Harry Redknapp 08:02 - May 28 with 1152 viewsrunningman75

With talk of Ibrahimović going to Man United presumably with Rooney playing a big role looks like they will be building their team around some of the best Euro 2004 players. Sounds a bit like the QPR premier league teams with players well past their prime.
mourinho is a glorified Harry Redknapp on 08:55 - May 28 with 1097 viewsTGRRRSSS

A lot of signings go threough Jorge Mendes so bit like Hughes too with the other bloke (I forget his name) but yeah.

He's won loads of trophies though but isnt wat Man U fans claim to want...

DOn't see the Glazers's continuing to spend like they did since SAF left though so see fireworks in the longer term.

Maybe Mourinho's last job before retiring with one final huge pay off?

With maybe a trophy or 2 this season beforehand.
mourinho is a glorified Harry Redknapp on 13:57 - May 28 with 992 viewsTacticalR

In 'Harry's Games' John Crace argues that Redknapp lacked the kind of ambition that Mourinho has:

'Redknapp was forty-five when he resigned/was forced out as Bournemouth manager, the age by which many men will have hoped already to have made their mark. He had also already turned down supposed offers to join West Ham, Aston Villa and Stoke. He then went on to West Ham as number two to Billy Bonds before inheriting the top job at Upton Park a couple of years later. After that, he returned to the south coast to manage Portsmouth and Southampton, both clubs — like West Ham — with no great expectations of instant success. He had turned down the job at Newcastle and the Spurs job had also rather landed in his lap. He hadn’t been actively seeking it and a significant factor in his accepting it seemed to be that London was close enough to his home in Sandbanks for him to commute daily.

This may have been the career of a hard-working and talented manager, but it wasn’t one driven by the vaulting ambition of a Fergie, a Wenger or a Mourinho, the alpha males of football for whom anything less than 110 per cent, heart-on-sleeve commitment to being the best is an intolerable admission of weakness. Redknapp’s ambition appears to fall somewhere well short of theirs, somewhere comfortably and recognizably classifiable within the well-adjusted band of the spectrum. He wants to do well, he’s prepared to work hard to succeed, but the bottom line is that there are other things that mean more to him than football. Redknapp’s main aim had always been to make a living out of football, to earn enough money to provide for his family while doing something he enjoyed.'

Air hostess clique

mourinho is a glorified Harry Redknapp on 14:09 - May 28 with 972 viewsbosh67

I think Mourinho is better suited to City and Guardiola to Utd. I reckon both teams have the wrong man.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

mourinho is a glorified Harry Redknapp on 14:31 - May 28 with 943 viewsTacticalR

mourinho is a glorified Harry Redknapp on 14:09 - May 28 by bosh67

I think Mourinho is better suited to City and Guardiola to Utd. I reckon both teams have the wrong man.

Don't forget Allerdici to Real Madrid.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024