Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Off Final today 09:01 - May 28 with 7556 viewsTGRRRSSS

Sheffield Weds v Hull day then.

Think I I want Wednesday to win as my mate is a huge fan and will be going today, also Hull are owned by the odios Mr Allam, and might be a fire sale if they fail, Wednesday might be more dangerous next season.
IN addition they are managed by Steve Bruce.
Play Off Final today on 17:29 - May 28 with 2249 viewsHonkytonks

Two bang average sides imho
Play Off Final today on 17:53 - May 28 with 2159 viewsTGRRRSSS

Sky Skinflinting by working on the touchline. who are ya BT???
Play Off Final today on 17:56 - May 28 with 2154 viewsPeterHucker

anyone got a link for a stream please
Play Off Final today on 18:07 - May 28 with 2108 viewsClive_Anderson

Never seen so many empty seats at a Championship play off final. Weird since they get 17k every week.
Play Off Final today on 18:09 - May 28 with 2095 viewsrrrspricey

Oh dear

Play Off Final today on 18:11 - May 28 with 2094 viewsFredManRave

Play Off Final today on 17:56 - May 28 by PeterHucker

anyone got a link for a stream please

http://cdn3.crichd.com/sky-sports-1-live-streaming

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Play Off Final today on 18:15 - May 28 with 2079 viewslondonscottish

Wednesday fans immense

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Play Off Final today on 18:17 - May 28 with 2069 viewsFredManRave

Play Off Final today on 18:15 - May 28 by londonscottish

Wednesday fans immense

Agreed mate. Non stop noise from them. Great support but I just can't see Wednesday scoring. Hope I'm wrong though...

I've got the Power.

Login to get fewer ads

Play Off Final today on 18:21 - May 28 with 2062 viewswelwynranger

Commentator just said these games are often won by a "Zomora moment". Best piece of commentary so far .
Play Off Final today on 18:26 - May 28 with 2039 viewsBoston

Play Off Final today on 17:27 - May 28 by TGRRRSSS

Wonder how much of Hulls allocation they failed to sell, looks quite a lot.

Goodness me, Hull have no 'corporate fans', now is that a good or a bad thing!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Play Off Final today on 18:28 - May 28 with 2039 viewsHonkytonks

Darbee dominated from start to finish though...ask old fat sideburns chops
Play Off Final today on 18:35 - May 28 with 2020 viewsHonkytonks

Worldy from diame
Play Off Final today on 19:13 - May 28 with 1939 viewsFredManRave

Play Off Final today on 16:58 - May 28 by paulparker

That is shocking & embarrassing you know they will win now

Damn shame they won.I'd said during the game that I couldn't see Wednesday scoring and when Hull scored it was inevitable Hull would hold on.

Sheff Wed fans were great and did their club proud though that will be of little consolation to the 45,000 of them. Hull support was only 26,000!

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Championship-play-final-ticket-sales-revealed/sto

I've got the Power.

Play Off Final today on 20:40 - May 28 with 1776 viewsNorthernr

On the pitch, Hull physically dominant and took Forrestieri out of the game which isolated Hooper. Wed waited too long to get Nuhui and Jaoa on and then when they did they didn't go direct enough early enough. They need a better version of Nuhiu really so they can't get outmuscled like that. Best team won.

On the crowd, a couple of things... Firstly, there are only so many people in Hull. It's a 250,000 population and it's isolated so there's not a large surrounding area full of Hull City fans.

Secondly, Hull KR are in Perpignan today and took 600-700 with them and HUll FC were at home to Saints today and got 11,500 so that's still a fifth of the population of the whole city tied up in some sort of sporting fixture today. What is unforgivable is Wembley asked them to sell block by block so they could turn the remaining tickets over to Sheff Wed and Hull refused and sold their allocation spaced out so that couldn't happen.

Thirdly, don't underestimate just how much Allam has alienated Hull's support base, and the city as a whole. They've lost 8,000 off their home gate - 24,000 down to 16,000 - in the last couple of years because of this. There was the name change nonsense, the threat to move the whole club to Melton, the "you can die whenever you like" comments about the 'City till we die' movement, the sportshall floor debacle, the persistent attempts to sabotage and damage the rugby club that shares the stadium. The money the Premier League give teams to be used for free coach travel and discounted tickets he spent on putting TV screens up at the KC Stadium and installing an automatic barcode reader system on the turnstiles which doesn't work and also means you can no longer pay cash on the day to get in. And now he's abolished season tickets altogether and introduced this bizarre membership scheme that offers no concessions for teens and seniors, doesn't guarantee you your seat, doesn't distinguish between somebody who's been going for 30 years and somebody who wants to go twice next year to see them play Man Utd and Liverpool.

The bloke's an absolute crook, as bent as they come, and malicious with it. A good portion of City fans have simply had enough and drifted away from their club.
Play Off Final today on 20:47 - May 28 with 1751 viewsQPRDave

Fantastic goal to win it, and yes best team won on the day
Play Off Final today on 20:51 - May 28 with 1570 viewsQPRDave

Wonder, does anyone know which end of Wembley is supposed to be the "lucky" end?
I noticed Hull were in the end we were
Play Off Final today on 20:54 - May 28 with 1559 viewsNorthernr

Play Off Final today on 20:51 - May 28 by QPRDave

Wonder, does anyone know which end of Wembley is supposed to be the "lucky" end?
I noticed Hull were in the end we were

Not sure - Hull have been at that end for both of their wins, and we were at that end for our win, and Palace were as well I think. Wasn't it Cardiff where the winner was literally at the same end every year?
Play Off Final today on 21:16 - May 28 with 1513 viewsClive_Anderson

Play Off Final today on 20:40 - May 28 by Northernr

On the pitch, Hull physically dominant and took Forrestieri out of the game which isolated Hooper. Wed waited too long to get Nuhui and Jaoa on and then when they did they didn't go direct enough early enough. They need a better version of Nuhiu really so they can't get outmuscled like that. Best team won.

On the crowd, a couple of things... Firstly, there are only so many people in Hull. It's a 250,000 population and it's isolated so there's not a large surrounding area full of Hull City fans.

Secondly, Hull KR are in Perpignan today and took 600-700 with them and HUll FC were at home to Saints today and got 11,500 so that's still a fifth of the population of the whole city tied up in some sort of sporting fixture today. What is unforgivable is Wembley asked them to sell block by block so they could turn the remaining tickets over to Sheff Wed and Hull refused and sold their allocation spaced out so that couldn't happen.

Thirdly, don't underestimate just how much Allam has alienated Hull's support base, and the city as a whole. They've lost 8,000 off their home gate - 24,000 down to 16,000 - in the last couple of years because of this. There was the name change nonsense, the threat to move the whole club to Melton, the "you can die whenever you like" comments about the 'City till we die' movement, the sportshall floor debacle, the persistent attempts to sabotage and damage the rugby club that shares the stadium. The money the Premier League give teams to be used for free coach travel and discounted tickets he spent on putting TV screens up at the KC Stadium and installing an automatic barcode reader system on the turnstiles which doesn't work and also means you can no longer pay cash on the day to get in. And now he's abolished season tickets altogether and introduced this bizarre membership scheme that offers no concessions for teens and seniors, doesn't guarantee you your seat, doesn't distinguish between somebody who's been going for 30 years and somebody who wants to go twice next year to see them play Man Utd and Liverpool.

The bloke's an absolute crook, as bent as they come, and malicious with it. A good portion of City fans have simply had enough and drifted away from their club.

Hull urban area has a population of 573,300, compared to 640,720 for Sheffield. And there's two big clubs in Sheffield and also Rotherham as well, whereas Hull have the whole area to themselves.

Hull average 17k every week so it is utterly bizarre that they only got a few thousand more than than for the play off final.
Play Off Final today on 21:18 - May 28 with 1504 viewsQPRDave

Play Off Final today on 20:54 - May 28 by Northernr

Not sure - Hull have been at that end for both of their wins, and we were at that end for our win, and Palace were as well I think. Wasn't it Cardiff where the winner was literally at the same end every year?

Cheers Clive, you could be right about Cardiff, I may be mixing the two up.

I think the end we had two years ago won the 3 playoff finals , but I couldn't remember if there was a lucky end most years.
Play Off Final today on 21:22 - May 28 with 1497 viewsYorkRanger

Play Off Final today on 20:54 - May 28 by Northernr

Palace were at the other end. I sat in Club Wembley that day behind their "ultras"......
Play Off Final today on 21:52 - May 28 with 1416 viewsNorthernr

Play Off Final today on 21:16 - May 28 by Clive_Anderson

Hull urban area has a population of 573,300, compared to 640,720 for Sheffield. And there's two big clubs in Sheffield and also Rotherham as well, whereas Hull have the whole area to themselves.

Hull average 17k every week so it is utterly bizarre that they only got a few thousand more than than for the play off final.

Well, see what I said about Allam and the rugby teams. It's just as much, if not more, of a rugby league town than a football town and there is surprisingly little cross over - i.e. not many City fans follow FC and vice versa.

I'd also be interested to know whether that 500,000 odd area includes south of the river, because if it does that's totally irrelevant for Hull City because apart from Barton everywhere south of the river is either Scunny or Grimsby and both of them hate Hull City. So yeh, 15 miles away from Hull there are 100,000 people in Grimsby, but firstly it takes them 40 minutes to drive round there over the bridge, and secondly they all fcking hate Hull anyway.

Plus let's talk about how much it actually costs to go from Hull to London and buy a ticket for the play off final - ours were £64 each for the Zamora final. This is not a well off area, without being a stuck up London-centric dick head.I can buy a house in Hull outright with no mortgage for the deposit I'm currently struggling to find a two bed flat in London.

I wouldn't normally stick up for them because I have no time at all for HUll City or their fans but I know what they're going through with Allam etc. The owner of your club wants to change its entire identity and if you object he says he wishes you were dead, he spends money meant for you on improving a stadium he's trying to bully the council into giving him for a £1 so he can build a big retail park in the parkland surrounding it, he takes a community sports facility and rips the floor up so nobody can use it any more, he tries to bully the rugby club out of their home, he does away with pensioner concessions and teenager concessions and pay on the gate and season tickets altogether... and then we take the pis out of the HUll fans who say I've had enough of this?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Play Off Final today on 21:53 - May 28 with 1414 viewsizlingtonhoop

Play Off Final today on 18:15 - May 28 by londonscottish

Wednesday fans immense

And it looked like they stayed at the end.

Unlike the black and white mince-trels two years ago. Fooking Wa nkers.
[Post edited 28 May 2016 21:54]
Play Off Final today on 22:04 - May 28 with 1393 viewsTGRRRSSS

IN a very real sense probably not what they wanted, I saw only today stuff about his donations etc to charity's in the local area
Play Off Final today on 22:10 - May 28 with 1381 viewsHonkytonks

Play Off Final today on 22:04 - May 28 by TGRRRSSS

IN a very real sense probably not what they wanted, I saw only today stuff about his donations etc to charity's in the local area

Back to matters on the pitch..hull will need a miricle to avoid and instant relegation..diame aside they are very very mediocre imho!
Play Off Final today on 22:18 - May 28 with 1359 viewsClive_Anderson

Play Off Final today on 21:52 - May 28 by Northernr

Well, see what I said about Allam and the rugby teams. It's just as much, if not more, of a rugby league town than a football town and there is surprisingly little cross over - i.e. not many City fans follow FC and vice versa.

I'd also be interested to know whether that 500,000 odd area includes south of the river, because if it does that's totally irrelevant for Hull City because apart from Barton everywhere south of the river is either Scunny or Grimsby and both of them hate Hull City. So yeh, 15 miles away from Hull there are 100,000 people in Grimsby, but firstly it takes them 40 minutes to drive round there over the bridge, and secondly they all fcking hate Hull anyway.

Plus let's talk about how much it actually costs to go from Hull to London and buy a ticket for the play off final - ours were £64 each for the Zamora final. This is not a well off area, without being a stuck up London-centric dick head.I can buy a house in Hull outright with no mortgage for the deposit I'm currently struggling to find a two bed flat in London.

I wouldn't normally stick up for them because I have no time at all for HUll City or their fans but I know what they're going through with Allam etc. The owner of your club wants to change its entire identity and if you object he says he wishes you were dead, he spends money meant for you on improving a stadium he's trying to bully the council into giving him for a £1 so he can build a big retail park in the parkland surrounding it, he takes a community sports facility and rips the floor up so nobody can use it any more, he tries to bully the rugby club out of their home, he does away with pensioner concessions and teenager concessions and pay on the gate and season tickets altogether... and then we take the pis out of the HUll fans who say I've had enough of this?

This post has been edited by an administrator

You make some good points, but I don't understand if all that is true how they still average 17k which is halfway in the Championship table. Even Rotherham at the bottom would take more to a play off final.

Is Hull all that much poorer than say Preston who filled their half of the stadium when they were in the final whilst being in an area with half the population?

Fair point on the owner though, he can get f*cked by the sounds of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024