Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronaldo 22:40 - May 28 with 8188 viewsGloryHunter

Does nothing all game, but still gets to score the winning penalty. I hate him more than ever.
Ronaldo on 01:04 - May 29 with 8088 viewsJuzzie

He is all about him. Whatever club he plays for is secondary.

Always wants to take the 5th penalty to get the glory.

4 other succesful penalty takers but apparently he won it for Real Madrid.
Ronaldo on 07:55 - May 29 with 8006 viewsTGRRRSSS

Actually alot of wisdom suggests you should send your weaker less experienced penalty takers up earlier as there is more time and less pressure, whereas if you send your most experienced and confident ones for the later sudden death or ones which if converted will win you the game.

Obviously anyone can have a bad penalty and the risk can be you might have lost the game before you get your penalty but it makes a lot of sense psychologically.
AS I say though anyone can miss a critical one when the pressure is on but it made sense in many ways for Ronaldo to take penalty number 5 rather than penalty number 1 in the shootout.
Ronaldo on 10:05 - May 29 with 7916 viewsDWQPR

Didn't the self-obsessed one miss a penalty when ManUre beat the filth in 2008?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ronaldo on 10:33 - May 29 with 7885 viewsTacticalR

I only saw the first half, but I was surprised how static Ronaldo was. Everything seemed to stop when he had the ball - the rest of the team was playing passing football and he was playing Ronaldoball.

Air hostess clique

Ronaldo on 11:12 - May 29 with 7844 viewsJamie

Highlight of the final was Bale taking a fantasy effort from 40 yards into row Z and Ronaldo having a tantrum.

Least self aware human being ever.
Ronaldo on 12:02 - May 29 with 7807 viewsAndyB

I think its all a littl more sinister. He was obviously unfit having tweaked a thigh muscle in training.
So why did he play? Probably the same reason his namesake played in the 1998 world cup final despite having a nervous breakdown.
Brand and sponsor pressure?
Ronaldo on 16:41 - May 29 with 7687 viewstraininvain

Ronaldo wanted the 5th pen for Portugal at the last Euros... didn't make it that far and looked a bit silly when Portugal were ko'd before he got a chance to take a spot kick.

Risky strategy which has more to do with his enormous ego than anything else.

The hyperbole about how Ronaldo 'always delivers' from Rio Ferdinand etc after the final whistle last night was unbearable.
Ronaldo on 18:01 - May 29 with 7645 viewsDrewster

Ronaldo on 16:41 - May 29 by traininvain

Ronaldo wanted the 5th pen for Portugal at the last Euros... didn't make it that far and looked a bit silly when Portugal were ko'd before he got a chance to take a spot kick.

Risky strategy which has more to do with his enormous ego than anything else.

The hyperbole about how Ronaldo 'always delivers' from Rio Ferdinand etc after the final whistle last night was unbearable.

Speaking of Ferdinand, WTF was he doing wearing a full black tie with dicky bow last night?
Looked a complete tw@t sat in the studio next to the others
Login to get fewer ads

Ronaldo on 20:07 - May 30 with 7481 viewsHadders

I agree he`s a bit of a wally, but you guys are being a little ungracious. In addition to being a nob, he is one of the best two players in the world and has just won the world`s most prized club competition; he must be doing something right.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 17:50]
Ronaldo on 23:42 - May 30 with 7398 viewsFredManRave

Ronaldo on 18:01 - May 29 by Drewster

Speaking of Ferdinand, WTF was he doing wearing a full black tie with dicky bow last night?
Looked a complete tw@t sat in the studio next to the others

Not only looked a complete twát;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ronaldo on 12:58 - May 31 with 7282 viewsR_from_afar

I got the impression that Ronaldo wasn't fully fit. Either that or his work rate without the ball is generally appalling. The number of times Real lost the ball and Ronaldo just watched people cruise past him. He made Leroy Fer look like N'Golo Kante!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ronaldo on 14:15 - May 31 with 7234 viewsTW_R

Ronaldo on 20:07 - May 30 by Hadders

I agree he`s a bit of a wally, but you guys are being a little ungracious. In addition to being a nob, he is one of the best two players in the world and has just won the world`s most prized club competition; he must be doing something right.

Agreed. His average strike rate since he joined Real is more than one a game in La Liga and the Champions League. Not too shabby really.
Ronaldo on 14:15 - May 31 with 7234 viewsJuzzie

Ronaldo on 20:07 - May 30 by Hadders

I don't think anyone's doubting his ability, it's the fact he's an egotistical grade A nob who puts himself first before anyone or anything else.

I've also heard it's better to have your best penalty takers first, get the goals in and it takes the pressure off the latter players. Having your poorer takers first can end up getting you what happened to Portugal a few years ago and poor ickle Ronaldo never even got the chance to be the glory boy.
Had he taken one early and scored it may have helped his team mates, but that's not what he's about.
Ronaldo on 15:58 - May 31 with 7184 viewsTW_R

Ronaldo on 14:15 - May 31 by Juzzie

I don't think anyone's doubting his ability, it's the fact he's an egotistical grade A nob who puts himself first before anyone or anything else.

I've also heard it's better to have your best penalty takers first, get the goals in and it takes the pressure off the latter players. Having your poorer takers first can end up getting you what happened to Portugal a few years ago and poor ickle Ronaldo never even got the chance to be the glory boy.
Had he taken one early and scored it may have helped his team mates, but that's not what he's about.

Well, they scored all their penalties so I guess that's a moot point. Does anyone actually know who chose the kicking order? Seems a strange thing to pick him up on if he didn't actually get a choice.
Ronaldo on 12:34 - Jun 1 with 7102 viewsJuzzie

Ronaldo on 15:58 - May 31 by TW_R

Well, they scored all their penalties so I guess that's a moot point. Does anyone actually know who chose the kicking order? Seems a strange thing to pick him up on if he didn't actually get a choice.

The Manager chooses the order, probably with consultation from his coaches too........ and Ronaldo.
Ronaldo on 12:55 - Jun 1 with 7093 viewssimmo

"Does nothing all game", but he scored 16 goals to get Real to the final (which I think is a record) and almost single handedly won them the game against Wolfsburg in the 2nd leg from 2-0 down. I think it’s a shame that he doesn’t reference his team mates when they do occasionally carry him, but I honestly don’t get all the hate — he’s a fuking incredible footballer and athlete — Real might have won the final without him, but they wouldn’t have made it in the first place.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ronaldo on 16:13 - Jun 1 with 7029 viewsMonkey_Roots

Ronaldo on 12:55 - Jun 1 by simmo

"Does nothing all game", but he scored 16 goals to get Real to the final (which I think is a record) and almost single handedly won them the game against Wolfsburg in the 2nd leg from 2-0 down. I think it’s a shame that he doesn’t reference his team mates when they do occasionally carry him, but I honestly don’t get all the hate — he’s a fuking incredible footballer and athlete — Real might have won the final without him, but they wouldn’t have made it in the first place.

Like your sig Simmo - you get that from THAT Big L freestyle?

"Kinda tired..."

Poll: Will we stay up?

Ronaldo on 18:04 - Jun 1 with 7000 viewssimmo

Ronaldo on 16:13 - Jun 1 by Monkey_Roots

Like your sig Simmo - you get that from THAT Big L freestyle?

"Kinda tired..."

Indeed. Love the throw away lines that still kill it. Almost 20 years old that freestyle!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ronaldo on 16:41 - Jun 2 with 6896 viewsrobith

I used to work at a charity where Ronaldo did some work for us and everyone who met him said he was an absolute superstar, moved stuff at a moment's notice, went above and beyond, a teddy bear compared to most famous people they had to work with.

In fact, I would speculate that all the ego is actually just bravado. He's famously very shy, and I suspect it's an act he puts on to compensate. I saw that he gave away his CL winning bonus to charity. He doesn't get tattoos so he can regularly donate blood. Remember when he got a rubbish haircut to match the scar a kid had from having a brain tumour removed to make him feel better (though that may not be totally true, but he did pay for the operation)

Meanwhile Messi is on trial for diddling his taxes.

He's ok by me.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 16:43]
Ronaldo on 17:03 - Jun 2 with 6869 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ronaldo on 16:41 - Jun 2 by robith

I used to work at a charity where Ronaldo did some work for us and everyone who met him said he was an absolute superstar, moved stuff at a moment's notice, went above and beyond, a teddy bear compared to most famous people they had to work with.

In fact, I would speculate that all the ego is actually just bravado. He's famously very shy, and I suspect it's an act he puts on to compensate. I saw that he gave away his CL winning bonus to charity. He doesn't get tattoos so he can regularly donate blood. Remember when he got a rubbish haircut to match the scar a kid had from having a brain tumour removed to make him feel better (though that may not be totally true, but he did pay for the operation)

He's ok by me.

Trying to knock people down is the No1 British pastime.

His diving aside, i've no problem with him.

Who wants a footballing world full of Andy Todds?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 17:05]
Ronaldo on 21:02 - Jun 2 with 6805 viewsCHUBBS

Ronaldo on 16:41 - Jun 2 by robith

He's ok by me.

Spot on,a friend of my wife grew up living next door to him in a poor part of Madeira and still keeps in touch with Ronaldo sending shirts and other presents for his son.
He says fame hasn't changed him other than giving him the means to help others in need more with financial assistance.
Apparently he is quite a shy private person and what you see on the tv is his competitive game appearance.
This guy says he's the best friend you could ever have and he's known him all his life so for all those criticising him for being selfish,you couldn't be further from the truth.
Oh and he's sending over a signed shirt for one of my boys who's obsessed with him and Real Madrid.
Ronaldo on 13:24 - Jun 3 with 6715 viewsFredManRave

Ronaldo on 21:02 - Jun 2 by CHUBBS

Spot on,a friend of my wife grew up living next door to him in a poor part of Madeira and still keeps in touch with Ronaldo sending shirts and other presents for his son.
He says fame hasn't changed him other than giving him the means to help others in need more with financial assistance.
Apparently he is quite a shy private person and what you see on the tv is his competitive game appearance.
This guy says he's the best friend you could ever have and he's known him all his life so for all those criticising him for being selfish,you couldn't be further from the truth.
Oh and he's sending over a signed shirt for one of my boys who's obsessed with him and Real Madrid.

So he's two Ronaldos?! A cheating, diving winking player on the pitch, albeit with more than his fare share of skill yet a decent all round good bloke off it.

Makes a nice change from all the usual modern day footballer stuff that we usually get to find out about, you know the sort, sleeps with teammates wives, parks in disabled car areas, drug dealing dad, shoplifting Mum etc etc

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ronaldo on 13:59 - Jun 3 with 6704 viewsMedwayR

Ronaldo the footballer is to be admired apart from the diving.

Ronaldo the person is also a decent human being I'm sure.

However Ronaldo the ego is the problem. Including tantrums when he doesn't get a free-kick or is ignored by a teammate, his museum about himself, his statue of himself, the self-centred post match interviews and general lack of humility. That's what people don't like and understandably so although it no doubt helps Ronaldo perform to the level that he does.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024