Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quadrophenia II 03:27 - May 31 with 5961 viewsFredManRave

Don't think this has been mentioned on here yet. I read about this over the weekend. First reaction is, don't bloodywell do it. I realise it's all the rage these days but some things, especially something as utterly classic as Quadrophenia should be left well alone.

I've not read the book To Be Someone which is a follow up to Quadrophenia and which the film will be based on but just reading what Toyah is saying about the sequel enforces my opinion that no good can come of this.

Unfortunately, curiosity will undoubtedly get the better of me and I'll watch it when it comes out but I'm sure straight afterwards I'll wish I hadn't.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/quadrophenia-movie-sequel/

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Quadrophenia II on 06:27 - May 31 with 5915 viewsPunteR

It should be left alone. I have my doubts about Trainspotting 2 as well,I really hope they don't ruin that. Plus I read they're filming a sequel to Human Traffic ,another classic film that should be left well alone.

Anyway I still havnt seen all the other sequel's yet. Quadrophenia 10 was especially bad I heard.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 8:44]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Quadrophenia II on 07:17 - May 31 with 5883 viewsdaveB

should be left alone, i always assumed he killed himself at the end but not seen it for years
Quadrophenia II on 07:48 - May 31 with 5855 viewsCamberleyR

Does nobody in the film world have any original ideas these days? Have the reworks of Alfie, Get Carter, The Italian Job etc told them nothing? It will be well and truly absolute f*cking shit so leave well alone.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Quadrophenia II on 09:46 - May 31 with 5727 viewsqpr1976

Quadrophenia II on 07:17 - May 31 by daveB

should be left alone, i always assumed he killed himself at the end but not seen it for years

Popular thought that he went over the cliff with his bike, but whilst the bike can be seen at the end of the film, there is no sign of Jimmy. so there was always the possibility that he jumped off the bike before it fell to it's watery grave......

I agree that it should be left well alone. But if there's a 40 year gap between the 2 plots, I guess there's room for a decent go at it. Better than the remake fashion in recent years.
Quadrophenia II on 10:24 - May 31 with 5685 viewsToast_R

Isn't Phil Daniels like the worst actor ever?

Sequels to great low budget movies are very difficult to make successful especially as more often then not, the original director who made it what it was isn't involved.

I recently watched the follow up to Rise of the Footsoldier. The first one was superb but the second one was utter horse sh*t.
I see I.D. has an imminent sequel, I dread to think how bad that will be.

On a lesser successful note, Green Street -the original was horrendous enough with the one of the main characters and supposed leader of the firm, unable to get anywhere near a Cockney accent, the sequel and straight to DVD "Green Street 2, Stand ya Graaand" was an absolute abomination.
Quadrophenia II on 10:58 - May 31 with 5642 viewsFearless

http://store.unionchapel.org.uk/events/21-jul-16-the-hillbenders-present-the-fir
Quadrophenia II on 11:13 - May 31 with 5618 viewsFDC

Quadrophenia II on 06:27 - May 31 by PunteR

It should be left alone. I have my doubts about Trainspotting 2 as well,I really hope they don't ruin that. Plus I read they're filming a sequel to Human Traffic ,another classic film that should be left well alone.

Anyway I still havnt seen all the other sequel's yet. Quadrophenia 10 was especially bad I heard.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 8:44]

Yep, the Human Traffic sequel is either going to be crap, or unrealistic. If it's in anyway true to real life it'll be a vaguely melancholy affair, mainly involving middle-aged men sitting around reminiscing about the good old days. One of the previous film's main characters will have clinical depression, and all of them will hate their jobs.
Quadrophenia II on 12:24 - May 31 with 5537 viewsFredManRave

Quadrophenia II on 09:46 - May 31 by qpr1976

Popular thought that he went over the cliff with his bike, but whilst the bike can be seen at the end of the film, there is no sign of Jimmy. so there was always the possibility that he jumped off the bike before it fell to it's watery grave......

I agree that it should be left well alone. But if there's a 40 year gap between the 2 plots, I guess there's room for a decent go at it. Better than the remake fashion in recent years.

I must admit I'd always thought the same re Jimmy going over the cliff but then if you look at the final scene again, closely, on this particular footage at 3:10 you can clearly see him (somebody) standing on the cliff.

Vote Leave (Quadrophenia alone).

I've got the Power.

Login to get fewer ads

Quadrophenia II on 12:32 - May 31 with 5522 viewspaulparker

Quadrophenia II on 11:13 - May 31 by FDC

Yep, the Human Traffic sequel is either going to be crap, or unrealistic. If it's in anyway true to real life it'll be a vaguely melancholy affair, mainly involving middle-aged men sitting around reminiscing about the good old days. One of the previous film's main characters will have clinical depression, and all of them will hate their jobs.

Sounds like most of us on the Frankie Friday Threads

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Quadrophenia II on 12:42 - May 31 with 5510 viewsTacticalR

Isn't the gratuitous display of knee-tremblers banned because of health and safety?

Air hostess clique

Quadrophenia II on 13:23 - May 31 with 5432 viewsBrixtonR

Quadrophenia II on 07:17 - May 31 by daveB

The first scene in the film is actually the last scene if that makes sense, it's actually him walking away from the Cliff after the bike has gone over.
Quadrophenia II on 13:35 - May 31 with 5413 viewsBrightonhoop

Cant see it, so much of the original was dependent on the music, Stings Bell Boy character came straight out of the song etc, and Brighton has changed too much since the first film, collapsed west Pier, Brighton Wheel, some viewing platform, it wouldn't scan to the era, unless they transplant it to Eastbourne like the recent Brighton Rock, and that aint going to work either.

The final scene with Jimmy on the cliff top and the scooter falling always seemed to be left over to a sequal but just think the time has passed. Some of the blokes are still around, Gerry for example who advised on the fight scenes as an original Mod living in Brighton still does his discos at the Greyhound track, plus others. Some films are just best alone.
Quadrophenia II on 13:40 - May 31 with 5403 viewsFredManRave

Quadrophenia II on 13:23 - May 31 by BrixtonR

The first scene in the film is actually the last scene if that makes sense, it's actually him walking away from the Cliff after the bike has gone over.

Good point, well made.

I've got the Power.

Quadrophenia II on 13:48 - May 31 with 5368 viewsBrightonhoop

Worth a watch too.

Quadrophenia II on 08:28 - Jun 1 with 5147 viewsPunteR

Just heard that they're making Mary Poppins 2.

I've just about had it with this S**t now!!.

Apparently starring Emily Blunt (every cloud etc) as Poppins re visiting the children who are now adults.
I'm not having that...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Quadrophenia II on 09:15 - Jun 1 with 5115 viewsCamberleyR

Quadrophenia II on 08:28 - Jun 1 by PunteR

Just heard that they're making Mary Poppins 2.

I've just about had it with this S**t now!!.

Apparently starring Emily Blunt (every cloud etc) as Poppins re visiting the children who are now adults.
I'm not having that...

I saw that on the telly this morning too.

Just.Leave.Well.Alone

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Quadrophenia II on 09:17 - Jun 1 with 5113 viewsthompsonridd

One of the main things about this film is the ages we were when we watched it.

It won't have the same effect it did when I was 13/14!!
Quadrophenia II on 09:26 - Jun 1 with 5104 viewsPommyhoop

Quadrophenia II on 09:17 - Jun 1 by thompsonridd

One of the main things about this film is the ages we were when we watched it.

It won't have the same effect it did when I was 13/14!!

This is very true.I was 14 for this .The Warriors was made the same year too..
Can you dig it Suckers?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2016 9:31]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Quadrophenia II on 10:36 - Jun 1 with 5070 viewsNortholt_Rs

Quadrophenia II on 12:24 - May 31 by FredManRave

I must admit I'd always thought the same re Jimmy going over the cliff but then if you look at the final scene again, closely, on this particular footage at 3:10 you can clearly see him (somebody) standing on the cliff.

Vote Leave (Quadrophenia alone).

Looks like a tree/bush to me, although you don't actually see Jimmy going over the cliff only the Vespa and if he'd ridden it over he'd be sat on it or flying through the air next to it. I need to get out more.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Quadrophenia II on 18:53 - Jun 1 with 4956 viewsBrightonhoop

Quadrophenia II on 10:36 - Jun 1 by Northolt_Rs

Looks like a tree/bush to me, although you don't actually see Jimmy going over the cliff only the Vespa and if he'd ridden it over he'd be sat on it or flying through the air next to it. I need to get out more.

Film starts with the ending, Jimmy walking towards the camera away from Beachy Head. He definitely does not go over.
Quadrophenia II on 19:47 - Jun 1 with 4911 viewsNortholt_Rs

Quadrophenia II on 18:53 - Jun 1 by Brightonhoop

Film starts with the ending, Jimmy walking towards the camera away from Beachy Head. He definitely does not go over.

I'd never twigged that. Thanks!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Quadrophenia II on 20:18 - Jun 1 with 4871 viewshighleverhoopL

Fun fact: the Director of the original, Franc Roddam, created Masterchef
Quadrophenia II on 20:51 - Jun 1 with 4836 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Quadrophenia II on 20:18 - Jun 1 by highleverhoopL

Fun fact: the Director of the original, Franc Roddam, created Masterchef

Sorted then, fat Greg Wallace as the lead and Monica as his fumble,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024