Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Furlong 06:58 - May 31 with 3454 viewsHayesender

Just seen a photo of our 86/87 youth team, and on the far right at the back is a certain Paul Furlong.

I had no idea he started with us!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Paul Furlong on 14:02 - May 31 with 3065 viewsQPRDave

Neither did I. I thought he started at Watford, and then disgraced himself!!
Paul Furlong on 16:36 - May 31 with 2948 viewsBoston

Furlong or not Fer long, that is the question?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paul Furlong on 16:39 - May 31 with 2939 viewsbosh67

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paul Furlong on 16:43 - May 31 with 2915 viewsBoston

Always liked those long sleeve shirts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paul Furlong on 17:30 - May 31 with 2852 viewsPeterHucker

Paul Furlong on 16:39 - May 31 by bosh67

out of that lot was it only Law, Channing & Herrera that ever played for the 1st team?? (not counting Furlong I mean)
Herrera was reigning champion of "QPR's most spectacularly mulleted left back" until Gino Padula came along.
Paul Furlong on 00:08 - Jun 1 with 2593 viewsCamberleyR

Paul Furlong on 14:02 - May 31 by QPRDave

Neither did I. I thought he started at Watford, and then disgraced himself!!

I reckon he was probably released at the end of that season as in the late 80s he was playing non-league for Enfield and then Coventry picked him up at the start of the 90s from where he ended up at Watford.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Paul Furlong on 00:44 - Jun 1 with 2575 viewsHollowayRanger

Paul Furlong on 17:30 - May 31 by PeterHucker

out of that lot was it only Law, Channing & Herrera that ever played for the 1st team?? (not counting Furlong I mean)
Herrera was reigning champion of "QPR's most spectacularly mulleted left back" until Gino Padula came along.

fleming and lynch even fewer got a number of games league cup ect

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Paul Furlong on 01:22 - Jun 1 with 2561 viewsqueensparker

Brian Law - I met him in India in 93/4 (?) when doing the old "finding myself in Asia while smoking loads of weed". He was doing the same thing. A lovely bloke and a Welsh international as well if I'm not mistaken.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Furlong on 11:59 - Jun 1 with 2390 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Paul Furlong on 01:22 - Jun 1 by queensparker

Brian Law - I met him in India in 93/4 (?) when doing the old "finding myself in Asia while smoking loads of weed". He was doing the same thing. A lovely bloke and a Welsh international as well if I'm not mistaken.

I seem to remember Brian Law having a brilliant game in the centre of defence at home to Sheff Wed, somewhere in the haze of the late 80's or early 90's and thinking he looked a like a good prospect. Was it injury that did for him?

Great pic, great kit, you R's.
Paul Furlong on 20:33 - Jun 1 with 2220 viewsloftboy

I rated Gary Fleming, used to have the odd beer with Wayne Fereday and Gary Bannister who told me Trevor Francis called Fleming into his office, Francis had his shoes off,feet up on the desk, barely looked up and said, " you're not good enough, cheerio" completely fúcked his confidence,believe he ended up at Farnborough.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Paul Furlong on 20:40 - Jun 1 with 2207 viewseastside_r

Paul Furlong on 20:33 - Jun 1 by loftboy

I rated Gary Fleming, used to have the odd beer with Wayne Fereday and Gary Bannister who told me Trevor Francis called Fleming into his office, Francis had his shoes off,feet up on the desk, barely looked up and said, " you're not good enough, cheerio" completely fúcked his confidence,believe he ended up at Farnborough.

Hmm.

Trevor Francis not known for his personal skills.
Paul Furlong on 21:05 - Jun 2 with 1926 viewstimjones

Paul Furlong on 20:40 - Jun 1 by eastside_r

Hmm.

Trevor Francis not known for his personal skills.

I saw Mark Fleming about 5 years ago in Yateley, where he was living at the time (he might still be there). I was out with my daughter in Yateley Common following a heavy snowfall, and I got chatting with him as he was also there with his children. I was wearing a QPR coat, which he noticed, and he then mentioned his name, and that he'd played for QPR. I did vaguely remember him as used to go to a few youth games back in the 80's. From memory, I think he said that he played one or two first team games (one versus Wimbledon from memory). Nice guy and we chatted for about an hour. I went home and dug out all my 80's programmes and did find a few mentions of him. I saw him from a distance about a year later again in Yateley.

Tim
Paul Furlong on 22:04 - Jun 2 with 1884 viewsGloucs_R

Paul Furlong on 11:59 - Jun 1 by FrankieFiveAngels

I seem to remember Brian Law having a brilliant game in the centre of defence at home to Sheff Wed, somewhere in the haze of the late 80's or early 90's and thinking he looked a like a good prospect. Was it injury that did for him?

Great pic, great kit, you R's.

He was a mate of my uncle's, came from Uxbridge. Got me a signed ball when I was about 8. Used to be a raver back in the day.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Furlong on 22:08 - Jun 2 with 1874 viewspaulparker

Paul Furlong on 01:22 - Jun 1 by queensparker

Once got hold of Brian laws sister in the French horn pub Gerrards cross back in the mid 90s
She was stunning

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paul Furlong on 22:16 - Jun 2 with 1858 viewsQPRDave

Paul Furlong on 00:08 - Jun 1 by CamberleyR

I reckon he was probably released at the end of that season as in the late 80s he was playing non-league for Enfield and then Coventry picked him up at the start of the 90s from where he ended up at Watford.

I never knew that either Cams.....I 'm obviously way behind on my Paul Furlong knowledge............about a furlong I'd say!!! ...boom/tish!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024