Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger 11:57 - Jun 21 with 25421 viewsA40Bosh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03z0lst

Unfortunately.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 22:39 - Jun 22 with 2863 viewsderbyhoop

The decision to force every school to become an Academy gets a D grade.

Gove didn't show his working out and there is no supporting evidence to justify the result.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 23:22 - Jun 22 with 2835 viewsCiderwithRsie

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 22:39 - Jun 22 by derbyhoop

The decision to force every school to become an Academy gets a D grade.

Gove didn't show his working out and there is no supporting evidence to justify the result.

I think that was after Gove got sacked.

Still a bloody stupid idea though, and part of the vanilla-ness that A40Bosh complains of.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 16:00 - Jun 23 with 2737 viewsIngham

Horrifying to read Dorse's account and supporting posts.

Saw him the other night talking about Brexit with a studio audience and confess to being mildly astonished - but then again, not, I suppose - that he couldn't answer a single question about how, in his opinion 'taking control of our borders' would be managed, and if it was, what evidence there was that it would actually work?

Rather glad Brexit hasn't happened already, to tell the truth, having spent several days commuting to Moorfields Hospital Eye Casualty dept. Hope Gove and Johnson will rally round Old Street with a few 24-hour shifts when the time comes, because there bloody well won't be any medical staff on duty if they really do intend to bring off an ethnic cull just to fall in with their slogans.

Cider says apparently a lovely bloke if you meet him, and I'm sure he's a genuine R. But then the same could be said of most of us. Well put, mate. And it's nice that Dorse talks bollocks with like minded people. Especially if he means us. Hope any other casualties of the armchair reformers are recovering as well as my left eye!

Great thread.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 20:14 - Jun 23 with 2682 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:10 - Jun 21 by QPRDave

I like Gove, think he's handled himself and the campaign with dignity and statesman like, which is more that jackanory cam has managed

As regarding the teachers thing, I don't know what he's done but something needs to change because kids are leaving school illiterate & clueless
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 16:12]

Not from my primary school they are not. Take it from someone who knows. if you are not reaching standards then you will not last long. Accountability has gone through the roof.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 20:44 - Jun 23 with 2637 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 16:00 - Jun 23 by Ingham

Horrifying to read Dorse's account and supporting posts.

Saw him the other night talking about Brexit with a studio audience and confess to being mildly astonished - but then again, not, I suppose - that he couldn't answer a single question about how, in his opinion 'taking control of our borders' would be managed, and if it was, what evidence there was that it would actually work?

Rather glad Brexit hasn't happened already, to tell the truth, having spent several days commuting to Moorfields Hospital Eye Casualty dept. Hope Gove and Johnson will rally round Old Street with a few 24-hour shifts when the time comes, because there bloody well won't be any medical staff on duty if they really do intend to bring off an ethnic cull just to fall in with their slogans.

Cider says apparently a lovely bloke if you meet him, and I'm sure he's a genuine R. But then the same could be said of most of us. Well put, mate. And it's nice that Dorse talks bollocks with like minded people. Especially if he means us. Hope any other casualties of the armchair reformers are recovering as well as my left eye!

Great thread.

What did you do to your eye mate?
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 22:04 - Jun 23 with 2591 viewsDunstable_hoop

Analogy (from a current secondary teacher):

Change is necessary and prevalent, but must be implemented correctly.

In the past 50-60 years much change has occurred to the laws of the game in football. But imagine in the space of 3-4 years the back pass rule, offsides, kick-offs, goal-line technology, addition of a 2nd ball, golden goal, corners from the halfway line to improve kick distance and a video ref were all introduced.

Some of those are good, relevant ideas. Some are absolute dogshit. But the main point is, you've decided to change the entire game, then throw a referee in to officiate. Oh and you've also made it so if the ref has a crap game when the assessor is present the funding for your salary might be cut and you will be forced to have a personal refereeing coach who is a businessman by trade tell you how to do your job. All the while dealing with more and more players who are demonstrating increasingly severe mental or behavioural issues and fans who all have an opinion, none of which has any real basis in reality but make assumptions based on the Suns 'ref watch' league tables each week.

Levelled assessment at KS3: Gone with no guidance on a replacement
National Curriculum across the board: scrapped and rehashed
League Table Measures: completely rebooted
Wholesale academisation, introduction of free schools, pension changes, GCSE grading and banding changed, horrendous comments implying teachers should man up and crack on, more rigorous OFSTED guidance...

But our school suffering most of all with our "protected education budget", which kept the same figure from the previous government, while increasing both pension and national insurance contributions. My, previously well run school, went from 300k surplus to projected 800k deficit in 2 years without any major change in the school. So teachers are not being hired/replaced and existing staff are used for invigilating exams, covering lessons, trips and activities outside subject areas. All this with massively increased pressures on marking, results and student wellbeing.

Gove might be an R, but every team has its scum element.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 22:34 - Jun 23 with 2569 viewskarl

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 16:10 - Jun 21 by QPRDave

Did anybody else read that and think it would've been easier in arabic?

Thats embarrassing mate and Timcocking the same, I can be as thick as pigsh*t but you have shown your selves up here i'm afraid
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 07:46 - Jun 24 with 2500 viewsizlingtonhoop

Almost exactly two years ago I was apoplectic when I discovered that most of my NUT colleagues were not going to strike. I quickly resigned from the NASUWT (who weren't striking) and joined the NUT in order to take part in the strike. Gove out! I also managed to persuade at least two of the other, previously black-legging (not racist, about crows and the devil, purportedly - so don't start) to join the strike, which is significant in a primary school with about 20 teachers.

Gove out!

"Striking never changes anything." Was the retort still from some, who counted a day's pay above making a vital statement. Marched through the drizzly west end. Seven days later he was gone.

Next week he'll be PM. He'll take revenge on us first.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 08:05 - Jun 24 with 2485 viewsDorse

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 07:46 - Jun 24 by izlingtonhoop

Almost exactly two years ago I was apoplectic when I discovered that most of my NUT colleagues were not going to strike. I quickly resigned from the NASUWT (who weren't striking) and joined the NUT in order to take part in the strike. Gove out! I also managed to persuade at least two of the other, previously black-legging (not racist, about crows and the devil, purportedly - so don't start) to join the strike, which is significant in a primary school with about 20 teachers.

Gove out!

"Striking never changes anything." Was the retort still from some, who counted a day's pay above making a vital statement. Marched through the drizzly west end. Seven days later he was gone.

Next week he'll be PM. He'll take revenge on us first.

I was / am NUT. Most prepared to stand up, loudest voice, pissed off more Governments than any other. And the others in the union aren't bad either.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 17:02 - Jun 24 with 2383 viewsTacticalR

This blogger has written in detail about how the academy system is being used to pillage the state.

Some of the figures he gives for the salaries of academy directors are incredible.

These are his conclusions:

'They have given away countless £billions worth taxpayer funded infrastructure, for free, to unaccountable private sector interests, including to a number of major Tory party donors.

The virtually unregulated shambles they have introduced has created countless opportunities for the unscrupulous to pillage taxpayer funds that are supposed to be used to educate our children.

They have allowed academy bosses to "topslice" extraordinary salaries and inflation busting pay rises for themselves at a time when teachers (the people that actually do the work) are having their wages repressed with below inflation pay rises.

They have allowed schools to set up extremely dodgy financial arrangements, where the directors and trustees divert taxpayers' cash into their own businesses and personal accounts via no-bid "service" contracts.

They have allowed foreign corporations to establish academy chains in order to extract vast sums out of the education system (and out of the country) by charging for the use of their curricula.

They have used the UK's archaic and undemocratic honours system to lavish Lordships and Knighthoods upon the people who are milking the privatised education system for everything they can get out of it.'

Michael Gove's ideological vandalism of the education system
http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/michael-gove-ideological-vandali

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:57 - Jun 25 with 2276 viewsTacticalR

'Gove has called for more people without teaching qualifications to take over schools.'

Wouldn't that be like a football club appointing a CEO who didn't know anything about football?

London free school headteacher with no teaching qualifications quits
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/oct/09/free-school-head-no-teaching-qu

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:03 - Jun 25 with 2265 viewseghamranger

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:57 - Jun 25 by TacticalR

'Gove has called for more people without teaching qualifications to take over schools.'

Wouldn't that be like a football club appointing a CEO who didn't know anything about football?

London free school headteacher with no teaching qualifications quits
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2013/oct/09/free-school-head-no-teaching-qu

The Police do that. They have Superintendents coming in that have no knowledge of policing or have ever worked on the streets.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:15 - Jun 30 with 2141 viewsTacticalR

Michael Gove to stand for Conservative party leadership
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/michael-gove-to-stand-for-conser

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:23 - Jun 30 with 2110 viewsessextaxiboy

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:15 - Jun 30 by TacticalR

Michael Gove to stand for Conservative party leadership
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/michael-gove-to-stand-for-conser

It might be an effort to split the Boris vote and keep him off the final ballot .

I am a supporter of Gove, again with respect to the teachers and partners of teachers on here .

I dont think he wants it , (he has only just paid for his ST for one thing ) once Boris is voted off I think he will withdraw and get behind someone else .

I would prefer a Brexit PM but Teresa May is the best of the rest and has experience .

If its a run off between her and Liam Fox I would be ok with either .
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:40 - Jun 30 with 2077 viewsDiscodroids

A Vengeful Boris 'Get Carter' Johnson , Targets Michael Gove .3oth June 2016.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:40 - Jun 30 with 2077 viewsElHoop

I think that they're both right. Johnson would have been a shite PM and Gove isn't a very good minister.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:44 - Jun 30 with 2072 viewsjohncharles

He always gets a good write in the Daily Mail.
In Mrs Gove's column.

Strong and stable my arse.

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 11:52 - Jun 30 with 2057 viewsderbyhoop

Michael Hannah, the journalist, writing in AKUTRS after meeting Stan Bowles in the club shop and seeing Michael Gove on South Africa Road

"Only 1 of them fit for No 10".

Nuffi said.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:04 - Jun 30 with 2021 viewsTacticalR

Boris has scarpered.

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:14 - Jun 30 with 1992 viewsWanderR

Gove to be PM. Might get Warren Farm and the new stadium off the ground now

Current location: OX10

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:20 - Jun 30 with 1972 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Its not inconceivable to think that if Gove won and Alan Johnson did likewise for Labour, the R's flag could be flying over the Palace of Westminster.

My kinda coup!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:27 - Jun 30 with 1953 viewsKonk

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:04 - Jun 30 by TacticalR

Boris has scarpered.

With opposition from Dacre and Murdoch, he knows he had no chance. Wonderful that they get to decide who can/can't be our next PM. Democracy in action.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:28 - Jun 30 with 1949 viewsA40Bosh

Ranger or not, could not stand the thought of Gove as PM
Teresa May would get my vote over Gove or Liam Fox.
Be interesting to see where this on goes!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:31 - Jun 30 with 1936 viewsDannytheR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:27 - Jun 30 by Konk

With opposition from Dacre and Murdoch, he knows he had no chance. Wonderful that they get to decide who can/can't be our next PM. Democracy in action.

It's called taking back control.

Apparently.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:42 - Jun 30 with 1894 viewskensalriser

Gove has made a complete mug of Johnson. Sweet-talked him into joining leave knowing that it would appeal to his vanity and ambition and exploited his voter popularity only to stab him in the back!

Always thought Gove looks like a sinister baddie from a 1950s sci-fi film, the type that only smiles when he's inflicting pain on someone.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024