Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger 11:57 - Jun 21 with 25435 viewsA40Bosh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03z0lst

Unfortunately.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:43 - Jun 30 with 2978 viewsaston_hoop

I wonder if Cameron regrets this shout from back in 2002?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2002/oct/15/davidcameron.politicalcolumnists

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:44 - Jun 30 with 2967 viewsTacticalR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:42 - Jun 30 by kensalriser

Gove has made a complete mug of Johnson. Sweet-talked him into joining leave knowing that it would appeal to his vanity and ambition and exploited his voter popularity only to stab him in the back!

Always thought Gove looks like a sinister baddie from a 1950s sci-fi film, the type that only smiles when he's inflicting pain on someone.

To me it looks the other way around - it's Gove left holding the Brexit baby.

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:47 - Jun 30 with 2952 viewskensalriser

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:44 - Jun 30 by TacticalR

Can't see it. Boris was clearly set to stand for leader until Gove intervened.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:51 - Jun 30 with 2930 viewsTacticalR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:47 - Jun 30 by kensalriser

Can't see it. Boris was clearly set to stand for leader until Gove intervened.

Maybe...

'Tory MP Nigel Evans, who is backing Boris Johnson, was asked whether Theresa May had stabbed his favoured candidate in the back and Michael Gove had stabbed him in the front.

He replied:

"That’s about it. It makes House of Cards look like Teletubbies."'
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/30/brexit-live-theresa-may-and

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:51 - Jun 30 with 2930 viewsDannytheR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:44 - Jun 30 by TacticalR

Nah, I think Konk's right. Murdoch and Dacre have annointed him. He and his wife have spent their whole professional lives working for them. One giant stitch-up.

Have the Mail and the Sun on your side in this country and you're golden.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:02 - Jun 30 with 2925 viewsElHoop

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:51 - Jun 30 by DannytheR

Nah, I think Konk's right. Murdoch and Dacre have annointed him. He and his wife have spent their whole professional lives working for them. One giant stitch-up.

Have the Mail and the Sun on your side in this country and you're golden.

So the 300 odd Tory MPs are gonna sit and wait to be told what to do by the Sun/Mail?

Really?
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:11 - Jun 30 with 2910 viewsKonk

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:02 - Jun 30 by ElHoop

So the 300 odd Tory MPs are gonna sit and wait to be told what to do by the Sun/Mail?

Really?

I think a significant number of them will know how influential The Mail titles, Times and Sun might be with rank and file Tory members, if they came out supporting May, and I think they also understand that Murdoch will switch sides if he's not happy with the Conservative leadership, as he did with Blair. So, potential to influence the leadership election and further forward, a General election.

It's why Gordon Brown still had various senior News International figures at his wedding, even after their coverage of his family matters, and why Blair spent so much time courting Murdoch.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 13:14]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:18 - Jun 30 with 2894 viewsElHoop

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:11 - Jun 30 by Konk

I think a significant number of them will know how influential The Mail titles, Times and Sun might be with rank and file Tory members, if they came out supporting May, and I think they also understand that Murdoch will switch sides if he's not happy with the Conservative leadership, as he did with Blair. So, potential to influence the leadership election and further forward, a General election.

It's why Gordon Brown still had various senior News International figures at his wedding, even after their coverage of his family matters, and why Blair spent so much time courting Murdoch.

I think that you're being a bit naive on this occasion Konk.

Most of them will be getting some vague promise of possibly a junior post in the new governmentat the very least. Votes don't come cheap at times like this. I doubt that they get many chances to buy a bit of promotion and this is definitely an opportunity which they won't waste by following some tabloid newspaper instead.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:26 - Jun 30 with 2869 viewsKonk

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:18 - Jun 30 by ElHoop

I think that you're being a bit naive on this occasion Konk.

Most of them will be getting some vague promise of possibly a junior post in the new governmentat the very least. Votes don't come cheap at times like this. I doubt that they get many chances to buy a bit of promotion and this is definitely an opportunity which they won't waste by following some tabloid newspaper instead.

Possibly...or maybe not. Either way, as could be seen in Sarah Vine's email and New Labour's indulgence of Murdoch, the political class seem to believe that they need the support of Dacre and Murdoch to win elections/maintain popularity.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:29 - Jun 30 with 2859 viewsessextaxiboy

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:11 - Jun 30 by Konk

Its been many years since the favourite in a Tory leader election has won the vote . Did the Tory press back the underdog every time ... Really ?

When the Sun came out for Brexit we heard on here that that they had no influence in these digital days and newspapers were in decline ..oh and they only followed the assured winners anyway .

You cant have it both ways (not you personally Konk)
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:21 - Jun 30 with 2784 viewsTacticalR

It's looking increasingly like 'Shake it all about' was the real winner in the referendum.

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:31 - Jun 30 with 2760 viewsDannytheR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 13:29 - Jun 30 by essextaxiboy

Its been many years since the favourite in a Tory leader election has won the vote . Did the Tory press back the underdog every time ... Really ?

When the Sun came out for Brexit we heard on here that that they had no influence in these digital days and newspapers were in decline ..oh and they only followed the assured winners anyway .

You cant have it both ways (not you personally Konk)

Digital has transformed journalism, I don't think there's much doubt about that. (Full disclosure: I'm a journalist, married to an ex journalist).

I certainly wouldn't ever say that specific papers don't still wield a huge amount of influence in British life.

Think you might be arguing with a non-existent person (again).

Also, let's face it, it's hardly the most far fetched scenario to imagine that a paper might have had a story that they might have felt it was in the public interest to run if events didn't take the course they preferred, but which they might now feel they don't need to run in the public interest after all.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:34 - Jun 30 with 2753 viewsMytch_QPR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:31 - Jun 30 by DannytheR

Digital has transformed journalism, I don't think there's much doubt about that. (Full disclosure: I'm a journalist, married to an ex journalist).

I certainly wouldn't ever say that specific papers don't still wield a huge amount of influence in British life.

Also, let's face it, it's hardly the most far fetched scenario to imagine that a paper might have had a story that they might have felt it was in the public interest to run if events didn't take the course they preferred, but which they might now feel they don't need to run in the public interest after all.

Slightly off subject, Danny, but you've probably read this already (?)

Times columnist Jenni Russell says Boris Johnson "killed off his own career" through his Daily Telegraph column on Monday.

She claims he says things to an audience that pleases them for a moment, but then conveniently forgets them.

While he's "a fantastic showman" and "an entertainer", she says he gives no attention to detail.

She claims Mr Johnson's backers "thought this man can't be trusted in Downing Street" and they started thinking "they've got to find somebody else".

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:39 - Jun 30 with 2740 viewsDannytheR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:34 - Jun 30 by Mytch_QPR

Slightly off subject, Danny, but you've probably read this already (?)

Times columnist Jenni Russell says Boris Johnson "killed off his own career" through his Daily Telegraph column on Monday.

She claims he says things to an audience that pleases them for a moment, but then conveniently forgets them.

While he's "a fantastic showman" and "an entertainer", she says he gives no attention to detail.

She claims Mr Johnson's backers "thought this man can't be trusted in Downing Street" and they started thinking "they've got to find somebody else".

I hadn't seen that, cheers. And then Chris Shipman from ITV tweeted this...

Chris Ship Verified account
‏@chrisshipitv 1hour ago

I'm told Boris' widely criticised @Telegraph column - was SUB EDITED by Michael Gove who suggested changes - and Boris put them in
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:46 - Jun 30 with 2707 viewsMytch_QPR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:39 - Jun 30 by DannytheR

I hadn't seen that, cheers. And then Chris Shipman from ITV tweeted this...

Chris Ship Verified account
‏@chrisshipitv 1hour ago

I'm told Boris' widely criticised @Telegraph column - was SUB EDITED by Michael Gove who suggested changes - and Boris put them in

If there's one positive to be gained from all of this it has made the wider public take a greater interest in politics again!

Personally, I'm riveted - constantly checking on the BBC website to see what hits the fan next.

It's a good thing if we all question politicians more in future, but I can't believe how farcical it has been in the last week (and at times, shameful for the UK).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:57 - Jun 30 with 2688 viewshopphoops

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:46 - Jun 30 by Mytch_QPR

If there's one positive to be gained from all of this it has made the wider public take a greater interest in politics again!

Personally, I'm riveted - constantly checking on the BBC website to see what hits the fan next.

It's a good thing if we all question politicians more in future, but I can't believe how farcical it has been in the last week (and at times, shameful for the UK).

I just can't work out how much of it is reckless amateur fûcktardery and how much is I'm-all-right-Jack don't-give-a-shìttery.

Either way I'm having to add a lot of acçënts in the post-referendum world...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 15:01 - Jun 30 with 2672 viewsLongsufferingR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:57 - Jun 30 by hopphoops

I just can't work out how much of it is reckless amateur fûcktardery and how much is I'm-all-right-Jack don't-give-a-shìttery.

Either way I'm having to add a lot of acçënts in the post-referendum world...

If you ever decide to publish your own dictionary, I'll be first in the queue to buy it.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 15:08 - Jun 30 with 2642 viewshopphoops

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 15:01 - Jun 30 by LongsufferingR

If you ever decide to publish your own dictionary, I'll be first in the queue to buy it.

I lean heavily on Bluce's Thesaurus TM.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 15:41 - Jun 30 with 2589 viewsessextaxiboy

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 14:31 - Jun 30 by DannytheR

I dont understand the non existent person line .?
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 19:48 - Jun 30 with 2466 viewsDannytheR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 15:41 - Jun 30 by essextaxiboy

I dont understand the non existent person line .?

You say "you can't have it both ways" about saying
a) Murdoch and Dacre have stitched up a victory for Gove
after also saying
b) The press doesn't have any influence anymore.

But no-one actually said both those things.

So you're arguing with a straw man. Or a non-existent person.

[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 19:55]
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 19:59 - Jun 30 with 2454 viewsShotKneesHoop

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 19:48 - Jun 30 by DannytheR

after also saying

The Straw Man and Bliar get get it from Chilcott in two weeks time.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 20:16 - Jun 30 with 2433 viewsPunteR

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 12:42 - Jun 30 by kensalriser

Gove has made a complete mug of Johnson. Sweet-talked him into joining leave knowing that it would appeal to his vanity and ambition and exploited his voter popularity only to stab him in the back!

Always thought Gove looks like a sinister baddie from a 1950s sci-fi film, the type that only smiles when he's inflicting pain on someone.

Always reminded me of this nazi..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 20:21 - Jun 30 with 2422 viewsjohncharles

There's a lot in the Murdoch conspiracy but the simple truth is that Boris has too many skeletons in his private life and in his time as mayor of London. It's animal self preservation. He knows a leadership contest would bring it all out and he would be royally bummed in the gob.

Strong and stable my arse.

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 21:47 - Jun 30 with 2350 viewsessextaxiboy

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 19:48 - Jun 30 by DannytheR

after also saying

The print press not having influence anymore was on a different thread (now deleted by admin ) when the Sun declared for Brexit.
The same opinion was offered up when the Sun supported the Torys in the May 2015 election .

It wasnt aimed at any one poster.
Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 21:59 - Jun 30 with 2331 viewsjohncharles

Michael Gove - Proper Ranger on 20:16 - Jun 30 by PunteR

Always reminded me of this nazi..

Martin Clunes' evil twin

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024