Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independence Day: Resurgence 20:23 - Jun 29 with 1770 viewsbosh67

Wow. Saw it today. Wow wow and double wow.

That has to be, without any doubt, the worst movie ever made in the history of film. I'm actually quite upset because I loved the first one. No wonder Will Smith didn't want to do it. It makes Starship Trooper look like a f*cking masterpiece. It makes Starship Trooper 2 seem like an all time classic.

Proper Trump USA USA Republican red neck toting sh*te.

It's got the worst script ever with a hand full of actors who just can't act at all. Staggeringly awful. I urge you to remember the original fondly and forget this exists.

I think I need therapy.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 20:24]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:30 - Jun 29 with 1727 viewsLblock

Who plays the Farage role in it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:33 - Jun 29 with 1722 viewsBasingstokeR

Is Bill Pullman in it and does he quote Boris Johnson / Nigel Farrage?
Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:39 - Jun 29 with 1704 viewsPunteR

I thought Starship Troopers was good.
Might give Independence Day - Regurgitated a miss then.

BTW saw The Revenant the other day...absolutely brilliant. Worth a watch.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:39 - Jun 29 with 1701 viewsdanehoop

ET

Never knowingly understood

Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:42 - Jun 29 with 1686 viewsToast_R

Is it all CGI and not much else?
At least the original used models
Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:43 - Jun 29 with 1686 viewsMarc

Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:39 - Jun 29 by PunteR

I thought Starship Troopers was good.
Might give Independence Day - Regurgitated a miss then.

BTW saw The Revenant the other day...absolutely brilliant. Worth a watch.

The first ST certainly was, but the follow ups never quite carried on the momentum
Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:53 - Jun 29 with 1662 viewsbosh67

It's hard to say what's good about this. Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman seem completely baffled throughout the film, Judd Hirsch doesn't know what's going on. Nothing makes any sense, the editing is gash, the effects are ridiculous and the script is on a whole new dumbed down level of sh*te. The US lady president says, 'take them out... (Then) God, I hope we've made the right decision (then) fire at will. All within 30 seconds and in different acting poses that come straight out of a amateur dramatics class.

There is an African warlord who ends up speaking with an English accent and a whole set of characters who seem to have been produced out of a wood chipper.

It's complete gash. It panders to the so called US/Chinese markets and is simply a dog's dinner of a film. It's bombed in the US and rightly so. At one point the queen alien chases Judd Hirsch in a school bus with a load of kids (none of whom we know where they've come from) across the dessert when 'she' has come billions of miles to destroy the planet.

I sat in the cinema thinking 'am I watching this or have I had a severe head injury?'
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 20:54]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:57 - Jun 29 with 1640 viewsted_hendrix

Independence Day: Resurgence on 20:39 - Jun 29 by danehoop

ET

That's easy for you to say.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Independence Day: Resurgence on 21:35 - Jun 29 with 1555 viewsdaveB

Starship Troopers is a masterpiece, genuinely love that film and the abysmal acting in it makes it even better
Independence Day: Resurgence on 21:41 - Jun 29 with 1526 viewsNorthernr

Movie industry, along with much of the rest of the UK and US, in a very competitive high speed race to the bottom at the moment.
Independence Day: Resurgence on 21:52 - Jun 29 with 1496 viewsSimonJames

Independence Day: Resurgence on 21:35 - Jun 29 by daveB

Starship Troopers is a masterpiece, genuinely love that film and the abysmal acting in it makes it even better

Great soundtrack.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Independence Day: Resurgence on 21:56 - Jun 29 with 1482 viewsqprxtc

Abysmal acting? Michael Ironside should have a got an Oscar for his role. "They sucked his brains out". Bloody superb.

You can't beat Ironside for brain sucking. See also Scanners. He sucked his brothers brains out.
Independence Day: Resurgence on 01:35 - Jun 30 with 1279 viewstimcocking

I'd have bet money it was a 0 out of 10 pile of p!ss. There really is no point watching movies like that now. There is no pretence of anything good, just special effects. It would genuinely cause me pain to watch it i imagine.

That's not some kind of snobbery, it's films like that being so sh!t. To me, the movie industry shows me the average iq and education of the global population and it's fcuking terrifying. I might as well be a different species to most people.
Independence Day: Resurgence on 16:24 - Jun 30 with 1106 viewswhittocksRs

The problem with Starship Troopers, and it's been documented in a few programmes, is that the studio misread the intentions of Paul Verhoeven and thought it was a serious action flick. It's actually an absolutely fantastic satire on the futility of war.
Independence Day: Resurgence on 12:28 - Jul 1 with 915 viewsHooped_Pullie

Yep, saw Independence Day : Resurgence on Monday and would concur that it's worthless tripe.

The original was vibrant, funny and only gung-ho in an enjoyable, throwaway sense.

This is two hours of bad acting (the guy who plays Will Smith's character's son could send you to sleep) so-so CGI, primitive plotting, and almost no humour to leaven the thing.

The final scene sets up a third movie. If it's ever made, I won't be watching it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024