Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoops! 09:18 - Jun 30 with 8677 viewsBerkoRanger

A poster on another board has suggested we adopt the Icelandic chant but using "Hoops" as the shout. Anyone, like me, think this could work well?
Hoops! on 09:39 - Jun 30 with 6416 viewsWokingR

Yes but someone ought to warn the players as it will scare the shit out of them the first time it happens with us being so close the to pitch
Hoops! on 09:44 - Jun 30 with 6402 viewsGloucs_R

How is the shouting timed?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hoops! on 09:45 - Jun 30 with 6399 viewsMytch_QPR

Hoops! on 09:39 - Jun 30 by WokingR

Yes but someone ought to warn the players as it will scare the shit out of them the first time it happens with us being so close the to pitch

It may also scare the opposition, giving us an unfair advantage. That's just not cricket.

Seriously, how do they know when do shout in unison. We'll need a kind of choir conductor.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Hoops! on 09:51 - Jun 30 with 6382 viewsMick_S

Hoops! on 09:45 - Jun 30 by Mytch_QPR

It may also scare the opposition, giving us an unfair advantage. That's just not cricket.

Seriously, how do they know when do shout in unison. We'll need a kind of choir conductor.

Or a drummer.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hoops! on 09:55 - Jun 30 with 6374 viewsSimonJames

Hoops! on 09:45 - Jun 30 by Mytch_QPR

Rumour has it they learned the chant from Motherwell supporters; who have a drum beat as a cue:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Hoops! on 10:09 - Jun 30 with 6345 viewsbob566

Hoops! on 09:55 - Jun 30 by SimonJames

Rumour has it they learned the chant from Motherwell supporters; who have a drum beat as a cue:

it's not rumour. One of their teams apparently played motherwell in the Europa league and they adopted it for their own national team.

Watched that vid yesterday SJ and boy they make some noise do those motherwell fans.
Hoops! on 10:16 - Jun 30 with 6324 viewsDorse

I like it. Better than screaming 'Cuuuuunt!' at various players.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hoops! on 10:20 - Jun 30 with 6309 viewsbob566

didn't we have qblockpete and some trumpeter for a while?
Login to get fewer ads

Hoops! on 10:52 - Jun 30 with 6226 viewsLongsufferingR

I'm sure we used to do a similar thing 20 years or so ago. Starting slowly repeating HOOPS and then gradually speeding up.

Anybody else remember that or am I dreaming?
Hoops! on 10:58 - Jun 30 with 6210 viewsTacticalR

Good shout.

Air hostess clique

Hoops! on 11:09 - Jun 30 with 6189 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Hoops! on 10:52 - Jun 30 by LongsufferingR

I'm sure we used to do a similar thing 20 years or so ago. Starting slowly repeating HOOPS and then gradually speeding up.

Anybody else remember that or am I dreaming?

Yeah we did.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hoops! on 11:23 - Jun 30 with 6155 viewsTheBlob

Timing?Maybe something like this.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hoops! on 11:24 - Jun 30 with 6153 viewsMarc

I think our own version could be very menacing, as our crowd in unison can get very nasty towards the opposition.
Trouble is we got to many down the loft now that are content to sit on their own backside in silence the whole game.
There's also the problem of people viewing this as acting like 'ultras' and we got a few with egos that see that type of thing as beneath them.
I'd love something like this to take off though. A slow build of Hoops, like a war chant, that gradually gets faster. Would scare the shite out of opposition players and fans - they've had it far too easy for a few years now.
Hoops! on 11:41 - Jun 30 with 6127 viewseghamranger

Another board......
Hoops! on 12:09 - Jun 30 with 6071 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You can bet your bottom dollar, if we've thought about doing this, then so have many others.

Personally, I'm not sure we've really seen out the ditty questioning Jose Mourinho's sexuality or, the one that really nails the whole debate, about Large Daniel's suitability as our centre half of choice over Sol Campbell. Honourable mention to the prudent piece of trading that brought Chris Kiwomya to the Rs for neesh as well!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hoops! on 16:43 - Jun 30 with 5874 viewsFirehoop

I am in, great shout , we were in Paris for the Austria Iceland game and it's a proper mad
Chant, suits us right down to the ground !!!
Hoops! on 17:02 - Jun 30 with 5846 viewsMonahoop

It really is a great chant and pretty scary sounding , but not as weird or intimidating as that Millwall 'wall' chant.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Hoops! on 17:10 - Jun 30 with 5822 viewsEsgaroth

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Its about time we had a new chant that scares the shoite out of the oppo

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Hoops! on 02:31 - Jul 1 with 5634 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Love it, put the willies up ISIS that would.

Hoops! on 02:49 - Jul 1 with 5622 viewsSydneyRs

The team we follow here, Western Sydney Wanderers, have been using this chant for a while. Their chant is "West!".

Its pretty impressive, especially in the Sydney derby games where there are big crowds supporting both teams. They have a drummer that leads it and that's how everyone knows when to clap.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 2:51]
Hoops! on 06:23 - Jul 1 with 5574 viewstimcocking

I loved the Iceland chant. I'm voting give it a go.

I was gutted when we stopped singing "shittu's gonna get you," and changed it to "chiminy chiminy chim chim cheroo..." ffs.
Hoops! on 12:08 - Jul 1 with 5470 viewsdavman

Hoops! on 10:20 - Jun 30 by bob566

didn't we have qblockpete and some trumpeter for a while?

What, to shout "Cuuuuuuuuuuuunt" at?

Yep, think you may be right there...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hoops! on 13:03 - Jul 1 with 5431 viewsWokingR

Right, so pretty much everyone is in favour of this
So who has got a drum that doesn't sit anywhere near the halfway line in Ellerslie ?
Hoops! on 14:41 - Jul 1 with 5357 viewsDorse

Hoops! on 13:03 - Jul 1 by WokingR

Right, so pretty much everyone is in favour of this
So who has got a drum that doesn't sit anywhere near the halfway line in Ellerslie ?

We could play the spoons instead. $hit 'em right up.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hoops! on 14:59 - Jul 1 with 5337 viewsBoston

Let's buy Tommy Sombrero the monster of all rattles.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024