Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other transfer thread 16:42 - Jun 30 with 24390 viewssimmo

Rotherham signed Anthony Forde from Walsall - good signing IMO, he's a decent winger and one of 3-4 in that Walsall team I reckon could make the step up.

Also Townsend apparently having a medical at Palace - £13m.... Newcastle did well there.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other transfer thread on 09:53 - Aug 3 with 2014 viewssimmo

Other transfer thread on 09:51 - Aug 3 by Konk

Big Dan Burn gone too. That's a lot of goals to lose, but things are looking more promising on the defensive front, so maybe we won't need to score quite as many to have a hope of stopping up.

What sort of season we have completely depends what we do with the Ross money; if it goes on 2-3-4 new players, then we may well be stronger as a squad and might even reach the giddy heights of mid-table.

Cauley Woodrow - the new Teddy Sheringham (probably not, but that's what I'm telling everyone!).

I like Woodrow, really good little player that will no doubt get his chance now.

That's a decent return for McCormack too but I think you'll find (same as us) that you'll struggle to get 3-4 new players with that kind of dough, especially those able to affect the first team. The money going round atm is ridiculous...

Other transfer thread on 09:57 - Aug 3 with 2009 viewsKonk

Other transfer thread on 09:53 - Aug 3 by simmo

I like Woodrow, really good little player that will no doubt get his chance now.

That's a decent return for McCormack too but I think you'll find (same as us) that you'll struggle to get 3-4 new players with that kind of dough, especially those able to affect the first team. The money going round atm is ridiculous...

I did say 2-3-4! With regards replacements, we need (a) Khan to spend the Ross money and invest a few bob of his own, and then it all depends on how much influence Mike fu cking Rigg has these days in selecting new signings. Early signs suggest we've brought in improvements so far, but then I said that last summer, so clearly know fu ck-all!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Other transfer thread on 10:22 - Aug 3 with 1964 viewsToast_R

Other transfer thread on 09:57 - Aug 3 by Konk

I did say 2-3-4! With regards replacements, we need (a) Khan to spend the Ross money and invest a few bob of his own, and then it all depends on how much influence Mike fu cking Rigg has these days in selecting new signings. Early signs suggest we've brought in improvements so far, but then I said that last summer, so clearly know fu ck-all!

Selling to a team that were likely to struggle too, not a wise move.

I’m sorry but it really looks as though Fulham are heading back to the dark ages of the early 90s. A deep rot has spread through that club since Al- Fayed waved them off.
Other transfer thread on 10:23 - Aug 3 with 1960 viewspaulparker

Other transfer thread on 09:57 - Aug 3 by Konk

Am I the only one who thinks McCormack is bang average ?
14 million !!!!! , the world has gone nuts , I cant understand why these clubs pay huge amounts for him , he cant even get in the Scotland team

as for Fulham I think they will be ok , Kalas is a good signing at the back and Mcdonald in midfield is a very good signing especially paired with cairney

a quick question where is this money going Konk ?
8 million for Roberts now 14 million for McCormack

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Other transfer thread on 10:41 - Aug 3 with 1926 viewsKonk

Other transfer thread on 10:23 - Aug 3 by paulparker

14 million !!!!! , the world has gone nuts , I cant understand why these clubs pay huge amounts for him , he cant even get in the Scotland team

as for Fulham I think they will be ok , Kalas is a good signing at the back and Mcdonald in midfield is a very good signing especially paired with cairney

McCormack is excellent at this level - more or less guaranteed to get 20 goals. Been our best player for the past two years - I think £14m is too good to turn round, but given some of the prices floating around, I don't think Villa are paying too much over the odds given the state they're in and the difference his goals might make in terms of them stabilising or struggling.

I think our signings look decent so far and as importantly, we've shipped out some defenders who sadly weren't up to the job. I think we'll be more solid defensively and hopefully a bit more dynamic going forward.

In terms of where the money goes...we shall see, hopefully not into Khan's back bin.

Other transfer thread on 10:44 - Aug 3 with 1936 viewsKonk

Other transfer thread on 10:22 - Aug 3 by Toast_R

Selling to a team that were likely to struggle too, not a wise move.

I’m sorry but it really looks as though Fulham are heading back to the dark ages of the early 90s. A deep rot has spread through that club since Al- Fayed waved them off.

I don't think we could turn down £14m whoever it was from.

How we do will very much depend on what we do with the Ross money and any other cash that our multi-billionaire owner decides to "invest".

Other transfer thread on 10:49 - Aug 3 with 1923 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think McCormack is a really good player at this level (especially against us), but I can't quite get my head round the £11m Fulham paid for him or the £12m Villa have now paid for him. Even with silly money being thrown around it seems bizarre.
Villa one of the most interesting sides this year. As McCormack proved last year, having good strikers isn't enough for any team. They could really go either way, or just come mid table...

Bare bones.

Other transfer thread on 10:55 - Aug 3 with 1909 viewsaston_hoop

On reflection, Wolves have signed a few Portuguese wingers this week as the Icelander can play on the wing too....I wonder how much they would take for James Henry?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Other transfer thread on 10:58 - Aug 3 with 1900 viewskensalriser

BBC reporting 12m for McC. 30 years old, never even sat on the bench in the PL, never been promoted from the Championship, never participated in the play-offs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other transfer thread on 11:01 - Aug 3 with 1882 viewssimmo

Other transfer thread on 10:55 - Aug 3 by aston_hoop

On reflection, Wolves have signed a few Portuguese wingers this week as the Icelander can play on the wing too....I wonder how much they would take for James Henry?

Yes please, been banging the James Henry drum for a while.

Than again, they have the funds to keep people on the books and have no need to sell.

Other transfer thread on 11:03 - Aug 3 with 1874 viewsonlyrinmoray

I agree I think McCormack is an excellent Championship level player He was excellent at Leeds and continued at Fulham He not only scores lots of goals but creates as well Dembele was set up for a lot of his goals
Why he doesn't get a game for Scotland ? I have heard he doesn't fit into Strachans plans ?? Apparently he doesn't track back or run around a lot He creates goals and scores goals what else do they want ? Still they have got Kenny Miller
Other transfer thread on 11:04 - Aug 3 with 1873 viewsaston_hoop

Other transfer thread on 11:01 - Aug 3 by simmo

Yes please, been banging the James Henry drum for a while.

Than again, they have the funds to keep people on the books and have no need to sell.

True they can certainly afford to hoard the players now. Have a feeling he might be in the last year of his contract though so they may just be tempted to take the little bit of cash on offer regardless. Perfect type of player for us though.

Other transfer thread on 11:40 - Aug 3 with 1807 viewsKonk

Other transfer thread on 10:49 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

I think McCormack is a really good player at this level (especially against us), but I can't quite get my head round the £11m Fulham paid for him or the £12m Villa have now paid for him. Even with silly money being thrown around it seems bizarre.
Villa one of the most interesting sides this year. As McCormack proved last year, having good strikers isn't enough for any team. They could really go either way, or just come mid table...

I think we paid something like £7m up front with £3-4 in add-ons, some of which will presumably have been related to promotion or at least not being utter dog shi t. I would have thought there will be similar add-ons with Villa, although we never publically disclose our fees for some reason.

As for why he can't get a game or even in the squad for Scotland - seems strange.

Other transfer thread on 22:21 - Aug 3 with 1647 viewsrsonist

Brighton seem to be conceding defeat on Pritchard and have signed Oliver Norwood from Reading for £3m instead. Very good player at this level for a fair price I'd say.

Might think Stephens is off to Burnley after all.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2016 22:22]
Other transfer thread on 23:05 - Aug 3 with 1613 viewsLblock

Other transfer thread on 10:23 - Aug 3 by paulparker

I kind of agree.

However, I was banging on about signing him when he was at Cardiv (might of been on "another site") but I was slapped down and informed that most his goals were scored from penalties that season.
So I've been brainwashed that he's a goal hanging pen taker ever since.

Fourteen million? One Four and a row of snail shells? Why oh why oh why oh why oh why does hearing all this make me weep EVEN MORE tears of blood over the Charlie Austin fiasco?
I also thought we'd done good out of Sterling leaving the bin dippers but Citeh would probably pay £200mill for him now.

Anyway. Bonjour

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Other transfer thread on 10:46 - Aug 4 with 1524 viewsSuffolkHoop

Not sure if its been mentioned already but Ipswich Town have signed the winger Grant Ward from Tottenham. He was on loan at Rotherham last season, playing almost the full season and got young player of the year award. We missed the boat with that one.
Other transfer thread on 13:56 - Aug 5 with 1427 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Quite a few on here will be disappointed with this too....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36985904
Other transfer thread on 16:57 - Aug 5 with 1369 viewsrsonist

Villa being linked with Ravel Morrison. I know the kid is the wrong sort in every way but... what a player.
Other transfer thread on 08:02 - Aug 9 with 1238 viewsaston_hoop

Che Adams has gone from Sheffield Utd to Birmingham. Only seen him a few times but he has impressed me. Young, direct and quick and can finish too.

Other transfer thread on 13:10 - Aug 9 with 1137 viewsNorthernr

Everton sell Stones, immediately replace him with Ashley Williams from Swansea. Swansea in for Caulker? A player they've had before, good age and price...
Other transfer thread on 13:18 - Aug 9 with 1126 viewsDieByYourSide

Other transfer thread on 13:10 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Everton sell Stones, immediately replace him with Ashley Williams from Swansea. Swansea in for Caulker? A player they've had before, good age and price...

Worrying or take the cash? If you'd have asked me a month ago I'd have been delighted to get him off the books - not so sure now

Poll: And it's hi ho

Other transfer thread on 13:20 - Aug 9 with 1116 viewsNorthernr

Other transfer thread on 13:18 - Aug 9 by DieByYourSide

Worrying or take the cash? If you'd have asked me a month ago I'd have been delighted to get him off the books - not so sure now

Well I'd hope we'd get a decent amount for him but definitely take the cash.

1 - We're not short at centre back. We've got Lynch and Onuoha who can play there and they'e got Mawson lined up from Barnsley or the big lad at Wycombe to come in if Caulker is sold.

2 - How long will our fit and focused Caulker last? Will he get a Matt Phillips face on from September 1 if he hasn't got his move? Where we going for the Christmas party this year?

3 - Team is weak elsewhere and could be strengthened with the money.

4 - Wages will no doubt be huge.

5 - FFP.
Other transfer thread on 13:24 - Aug 9 with 1098 viewsMick_S

Mawson has rejected Glasgow Rangers and Newcastle.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Other transfer thread on 13:25 - Aug 9 with 1096 viewsJeff

Other transfer thread on 13:20 - Aug 9 by Northernr

1 - We're not short at centre back. We've got Lynch and Onuoha who can play there and they'e got Mawson lined up from Barnsley or the big lad at Wycombe to come in if Caulker is sold.

2 - How long will our fit and focused Caulker last? Will he get a Matt Phillips face on from September 1 if he hasn't got his move? Where we going for the Christmas party this year?

5 - FFP.

Typical QPR, we'll leave it until the last minute, get £10m for Caulker, but by that point all the £10m strikers will be gone and we'll end up spending it all on a not-£10m striker.

Les out.

Can we not knock it?

Other transfer thread on 13:26 - Aug 9 with 1090 viewsDWQPR

Other transfer thread on 13:20 - Aug 9 by Northernr

5 - FFP.

Your problem Clive is that you are too sensible at times. One positive thing about the Stones sale is that at least it looks like most of the cash has be spent and will be recycled within the English leagues with Barnsley getting their own 'Raheem Stirling' dividend. Whereas ManUre have just financed the best part of £100million to the Italian league to help with the young player development. No wonder the English national team is such as mess.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024