Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other transfer thread 16:42 - Jun 30 with 24400 viewssimmo

Rotherham signed Anthony Forde from Walsall - good signing IMO, he's a decent winger and one of 3-4 in that Walsall team I reckon could make the step up.

Also Townsend apparently having a medical at Palace - £13m.... Newcastle did well there.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Other transfer thread on 13:35 - Aug 9 with 1997 viewssimmo

Other transfer thread on 13:20 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Well I'd hope we'd get a decent amount for him but definitely take the cash.

1 - We're not short at centre back. We've got Lynch and Onuoha who can play there and they'e got Mawson lined up from Barnsley or the big lad at Wycombe to come in if Caulker is sold.

2 - How long will our fit and focused Caulker last? Will he get a Matt Phillips face on from September 1 if he hasn't got his move? Where we going for the Christmas party this year?

3 - Team is weak elsewhere and could be strengthened with the money.

4 - Wages will no doubt be huge.

5 - FFP.

Exactly this. Sell, play Lynch and Hall as 1st choice and get a player that costs 10% of Caulkers wages to come in and provide competition.

I like what I have seen of Caulker in pre-season and on Sunday, enough that if we end up keeping him I won't be disappointed, but not enough that we shouldn't sell because we could get a replacement and a striker with the same money & wages.

Other transfer thread on 13:37 - Aug 9 with 1975 viewsNorthernr

Other transfer thread on 13:24 - Aug 9 by Mick_S

Mawson has rejected Glasgow Rangers and Newcastle.

Wants to move back south, from Hillingdon.
Probably wouldn't play every week at Newcastle anyway and you need your head examining if you go to Scotland while you're still at a good age and ability level.
Other transfer thread on 13:39 - Aug 9 with 1966 viewsMick_S

Spot on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Other transfer thread on 13:40 - Aug 9 with 1954 viewsNorthernr

Other transfer thread on 13:25 - Aug 9 by Jeff

Typical QPR, we'll leave it until the last minute, get £10m for Caulker, but by that point all the £10m strikers will be gone and we'll end up spending it all on a not-£10m striker.

Les out.

Yeh, fcking Ferdinand, getting us a very decent left back, centre back, central midfielder, the Polish central midfielder and a very promising French winger for less than Brighton want for Dunk. Bloody idiot that man.
Other transfer thread on 13:42 - Aug 9 with 1945 viewssimmo

Swansea taking the Williams money and instantly confirming the striker they've desperately needed since Bony.

Other transfer thread on 13:53 - Aug 9 with 1900 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Other transfer thread on 13:20 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Well I'd hope we'd get a decent amount for him but definitely take the cash.

1 - We're not short at centre back. We've got Lynch and Onuoha who can play there and they'e got Mawson lined up from Barnsley or the big lad at Wycombe to come in if Caulker is sold.

2 - How long will our fit and focused Caulker last? Will he get a Matt Phillips face on from September 1 if he hasn't got his move? Where we going for the Christmas party this year?

3 - Team is weak elsewhere and could be strengthened with the money.

4 - Wages will no doubt be huge.

5 - FFP.

That is a pretty compelling argument.

Also, one swallow doesn't make a summer re his perfprmance Saturday.
Other transfer thread on 13:53 - Aug 9 with 1894 viewsJeff

Other transfer thread on 13:40 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Yeh, fcking Ferdinand, getting us a very decent left back, centre back, central midfielder, the Polish central midfielder and a very promising French winger for less than Brighton want for Dunk. Bloody idiot that man.

No striker though eh Clive?

Man City want to get rid of Wilfred Bony - lets see how ambitious the board really are...

Can we not knock it?

Other transfer thread on 13:56 - Aug 9 with 1879 viewsNorthernr

Other transfer thread on 13:53 - Aug 9 by Jeff

Man City want to get rid of Wilfred Bony - lets see how ambitious the board really are...

And it is of course "absolutely embarrassing" that we didn't match Norwich's bid for Pritchard.
Login to get fewer ads

Other transfer thread on 14:35 - Aug 9 with 1793 viewsAntti_Heinola

Other transfer thread on 13:56 - Aug 9 by Northernr

And it is of course "absolutely embarrassing" that we didn't match Norwich's bid for Pritchard.

This whole 'embarrassing' thing is a relatively new thing among fans. Weird one in that firstly, no cnt outside of LR gives a flying one if we're bidding for a Spurs reserve or not, and second, the idea of being embarrassed because your club isn't spending enough money makes me think these people have rather thin hides and should probably go support Barca so they can never, ever be embarrassed again. The shame!

Bare bones.

Other transfer thread on 14:57 - Aug 9 with 1744 viewsrsonist

Embarrassment is a symptom of football reduced to a never ending cycle of "banter".
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 14:57]
Other transfer thread on 17:38 - Aug 9 with 1555 viewssimmo

Ladesma joins Brentford!

Other transfer thread on 17:43 - Aug 9 with 1547 viewsWatford_Ranger

Other transfer thread on 13:53 - Aug 9 by Jeff

Is this a serious post?
Other transfer thread on 17:59 - Aug 9 with 1523 viewssimmo

Other transfer thread on 17:43 - Aug 9 by Watford_Ranger

Is this a serious post?

Yeah.

Other transfer thread on 18:10 - Aug 9 with 1491 viewsWatford_Ranger

Other transfer thread on 17:59 - Aug 9 by simmo

Yeah.

I dearly hope it's not as that would mean at least one QPR fan genuinely thinks we should be chasing Wilfried Bony. Wilfried fking Bony. FFS!
Other transfer thread on 18:52 - Aug 9 with 1445 viewsSnipper

Everton buying Yannick Bolasie for £30m.

THIRTY BLOODY MILLION POUNDS.

Modern day football is bloody horrible.
Other transfer thread on 19:08 - Aug 9 with 1420 viewsWatford_Ranger

Tom Hitchcock leaves MK Dons by mutual consent. 😢
Other transfer thread on 19:11 - Aug 9 with 1414 viewsDWQPR

Other transfer thread on 18:52 - Aug 9 by Snipper

Everton buying Yannick Bolasie for £30m.

THIRTY BLOODY MILLION POUNDS.

Modern day football is bloody horrible.

I laughed when I heard that. Shame that Palarse now get that sort of wedge when only six years ago they were once again fiddling their way out of huge debt. Maybe we can offer Shipido to Palarse for £20million as he can run and cross at the same time.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Other transfer thread on 20:29 - Aug 9 with 1331 viewskensalriser

Other transfer thread on 19:08 - Aug 9 by Watford_Ranger

Tom Hitchcock leaves MK Dons by mutual consent. 😢

Perhaps we should go in for him. Seem to remember many toys being tossed about when he didn't get more game time following his tapped in winner against Ipswich.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other transfer thread on 20:40 - Aug 9 with 1313 viewsNorthernr

Other transfer thread on 20:29 - Aug 9 by kensalriser

Perhaps we should go in for him. Seem to remember many toys being tossed about when he didn't get more game time following his tapped in winner against Ipswich.

Depends. If the choice (as it was then) is Hitchcock or Mobido fcking Maiga then perhaps we should.
Other transfer thread on 20:44 - Aug 9 with 1308 viewsJeff

Other transfer thread on 18:10 - Aug 9 by Watford_Ranger

I dearly hope it's not as that would mean at least one QPR fan genuinely thinks we should be chasing Wilfried Bony. Wilfried fking Bony. FFS!

come on, he's not that bad - he'd probably improve our attack?

Can we not knock it?

Other transfer thread on 11:29 - Aug 10 with 1148 viewsSuffolkHoop

Other transfer thread on 10:46 - Aug 4 by SuffolkHoop

Not sure if its been mentioned already but Ipswich Town have signed the winger Grant Ward from Tottenham. He was on loan at Rotherham last season, playing almost the full season and got young player of the year award. We missed the boat with that one.

Scored a hat on his debut.
Other transfer thread on 16:25 - Aug 11 with 1076 viewsNorthernr

In my running theme of "no real wonder we haven't signed a striker is it?" - Wolves have offered £6.5m to Derby for Chris Martin and it's been rejected.
Other transfer thread on 16:28 - Aug 11 with 1068 viewsderbyhoop

Other transfer thread on 16:25 - Aug 11 by Northernr

In my running theme of "no real wonder we haven't signed a striker is it?" - Wolves have offered £6.5m to Derby for Chris Martin and it's been rejected.

Decent Championship striker, but no better than that. Be interested to see his goalscoring stats for the last 3 years. Certainly not a £7m striker. But in this barmy market, who knows.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Other transfer thread on 16:30 - Aug 11 with 1062 viewsWatford_Ranger

Other transfer thread on 16:28 - Aug 11 by derbyhoop

Decent Championship striker, but no better than that. Be interested to see his goalscoring stats for the last 3 years. Certainly not a £7m striker. But in this barmy market, who knows.

I can't believe he's only 27. He plays like he 35 and has done for years. Would have Polter over him for sure.
Other transfer thread on 17:04 - Aug 11 with 1018 viewsNorthernr

Luke Ayling goes from Bristol City to Leeds. Always quite liked him since he leant on the post at yeovil and had a chat with us behind the goal about how our day had been while waiting for a corner to be delivered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024