Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Le Cav est en feu 09:25 - Jul 3 with 14559 views18StoneOfHoop

Nice start to Le Tour.

Some more flowers for his wee daughter Delilah.

Experts please tell me: is it just between Froome and Quintana again?

Also where's Sir Brad The Mod gone and more importantly has he lost the two-bob generic beard but kept some distinctive 60's style muttonchops?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 15:39]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Le Cav est en feu on 22:24 - Jul 7 with 4287 viewsderbyhoop

Cab wins his 3rd stage in this years tour. He has now won 29 stages, taking him clear of Bernard Hinault. Only the record of Eddy Mercx to chase.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Le Cav est en feu on 04:02 - Jul 8 with 4248 viewsSydneyRs

Le Cav est en feu on 22:24 - Jul 7 by derbyhoop

Cab wins his 3rd stage in this years tour. He has now won 29 stages, taking him clear of Bernard Hinault. Only the record of Eddy Mercx to chase.

5 wins behind the all time leader now. If he can get a couple more this year then its within his sights.. Superb achievement.
Le Cav est en feu on 05:41 - Jul 8 with 4246 viewstimcocking

Fantastic achievement, well done Mark.
Le Cav est en feu on 20:32 - Jul 8 with 4202 viewsLofthope

Le Cav est en feu on 05:41 - Jul 8 by timcocking

Fantastic achievement, well done Mark.

...and now Steve Cummings wins a stage with Adam Yates 2nd in GC and wearing the white jersey.
Le Cav est en feu on 05:38 - Jul 10 with 4148 views18StoneOfHoop

...and Chris Froome with the descending too now! In a very uncomfortable and dangerous looking (pressure all loaded on the front wheel) body position..Team Sky moving the sport on with a pre-planned move! Diggity!

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Le Cav est en feu on 15:18 - Jul 14 with 4084 viewshopphoops

Andre Greipel in a solo breakaway up Mont Ventoux....

PS Hope the Etape went well Lofthope.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Le Cav est en feu on 16:01 - Jul 14 with 4074 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wait until you see what's just happened to Froome!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Le Cav est en feu on 16:03 - Jul 14 with 4071 viewshopphoops

Le Cav est en feu on 16:01 - Jul 14 by PlanetHonneywood

Wait until you see what's just happened to Froome!!!

Reading the live tracker - bizarre!

"FROOME RUNS TO THE FINISH!
No more bike for Froome, he runs!!!"

[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 16:15]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Login to get fewer ads

Le Cav est en feu on 16:16 - Jul 14 with 4058 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Yesterday I was fortunate to have an invite to the start village in Carcassonne and was surprised by the access to the riders, to the point of thinking, this is a security nightmare and these blokes must get hacked off with some fools.

So right at the end of today, the idiots on the side right at the end, effectively blocked the road. The motorbikes that carry the cameramen and try to part the crowds came to a halt, a rider crashed into a motorbike and Froome got caught up in it. It seems to have broke Froomes bike and he ended up running until they could get a bike under him. Which was from another team!

He's gone from around 23 seconds ahead as yellow jersey wearer to 53 seconds behind in sixth.

These blokes must be so hacked off with countless idiots getting in the way at the start and out on the course when they are busting a gut. The French TV commentator is going nuts about this, if I was Froome I'd go back down the course and nut the prat whose knackered my effort.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Le Cav est en feu on 16:41 - Jul 14 with 4033 viewsKonk

Unbelievable but inevitable with the moronic behaviour of so many people who turn out for TdF. For fu ck's sake, give the riders a bit of room, you t wats, and no, they don't want a push or you patting them on the back either, you utter dic ks.

If anyone reading this is a tabloid sub-editor on the Sports desk of a tabloid, feel free to use my headline (assuming Froome says something along these lines)

DO YOU REALLY VENTOUX HURT ME? Froome urges fans to consider riders' safety
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 16:43]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Le Cav est en feu on 16:51 - Jul 14 with 4013 viewshovehoop

Le Cav est en feu on 16:16 - Jul 14 by PlanetHonneywood

Yesterday I was fortunate to have an invite to the start village in Carcassonne and was surprised by the access to the riders, to the point of thinking, this is a security nightmare and these blokes must get hacked off with some fools.

So right at the end of today, the idiots on the side right at the end, effectively blocked the road. The motorbikes that carry the cameramen and try to part the crowds came to a halt, a rider crashed into a motorbike and Froome got caught up in it. It seems to have broke Froomes bike and he ended up running until they could get a bike under him. Which was from another team!

He's gone from around 23 seconds ahead as yellow jersey wearer to 53 seconds behind in sixth.

These blokes must be so hacked off with countless idiots getting in the way at the start and out on the course when they are busting a gut. The French TV commentator is going nuts about this, if I was Froome I'd go back down the course and nut the prat whose knackered my effort.

Will be a travesty if that result stands. Quintana has done nothing other than hide in the peleton all Tour and yet he now finds himself leading Froome and Porte, both of which, with one other broke Quintans fair and square on Ventoux. Those 3 riders must surely be given the time difference they had on the following group at the time of the crash. All 3 riders are lucky they weren't seriously injured by yet another accident involving a motorbike tho in this case it looks as if idiot spectators were the actual cause. Some suggestion on the TV commentary that unless the organisers reach a sensible decision on today's incident we could see top riders effectively strike for tomorrow's stage!!!!
Le Cav est en feu on 07:30 - Jul 15 with 3928 viewsRs_Holy

Le Cav est en feu on 16:51 - Jul 14 by hovehoop

Will be a travesty if that result stands. Quintana has done nothing other than hide in the peleton all Tour and yet he now finds himself leading Froome and Porte, both of which, with one other broke Quintans fair and square on Ventoux. Those 3 riders must surely be given the time difference they had on the following group at the time of the crash. All 3 riders are lucky they weren't seriously injured by yet another accident involving a motorbike tho in this case it looks as if idiot spectators were the actual cause. Some suggestion on the TV commentary that unless the organisers reach a sensible decision on today's incident we could see top riders effectively strike for tomorrow's stage!!!!

Common sense finally prevailed. But it was sad to hear Froomey getting boo's when he collected the yellow jersey. Yates summed it up saying that he would not be happy to get the yellow jersey in those circumstances.
Le Cav est en feu on 12:58 - Jul 15 with 3876 viewsTonto

There have been some absolutely bonkers days in this year's TdF, but yesterday took the biscuit. I think the result was the fairest conclusion for all, and other than the uneducated in the crowd booing (then again sky and Froome do seem to have an image problem in France), everybody who latters seemed happy.

The ironic thing is that those in the following group (behind Porte, Froome and Mollema) probably got a good deal. Qunitana especially, as I think they would have lost a damn site more than 20 odd seconds if the race had run its natural course... Qunitana was out the back and out of gas.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Le Cav est en feu on 20:41 - Jul 15 with 3838 viewsLofthope

Le Cav est en feu on 15:18 - Jul 14 by hopphoops

Andre Greipel in a solo breakaway up Mont Ventoux....

PS Hope the Etape went well Lofthope.

Etape was, errr, well yes it was fine although I did puncture on a fast descent and some tw*t knocked me off on a climb, but that's not quite as headline grabbing as the Ventoux events I'm afraid. And 'road rash' is nothing when compared to the suffering caused by that thick loser driving a truck in Nice.
Glad the tour went on today. I think the only person that might have a gripe over the commissaires decision yesterday could be Mollema but, even so, Froome would be back in yellow today even if they hadn't. We'll see what happens, but Quintana has been disappointing so far and doesn't look like a worthy winner. Seems he's been let off grabbing a tow yesterday!
Le Cav est en feu on 12:16 - Jul 18 with 3747 viewshovehoop

Le Cav est en feu on 20:41 - Jul 15 by Lofthope

Etape was, errr, well yes it was fine although I did puncture on a fast descent and some tw*t knocked me off on a climb, but that's not quite as headline grabbing as the Ventoux events I'm afraid. And 'road rash' is nothing when compared to the suffering caused by that thick loser driving a truck in Nice.
Glad the tour went on today. I think the only person that might have a gripe over the commissaires decision yesterday could be Mollema but, even so, Froome would be back in yellow today even if they hadn't. We'll see what happens, but Quintana has been disappointing so far and doesn't look like a worthy winner. Seems he's been let off grabbing a tow yesterday!

Glad the Etape went apart from the puncture and being knocked off.

I guess that Mollema has legitimate grounds to complain though I understood there was a code not to attack and profit from the yellow jersey's misfortune. Not a lot is being said about that. Quintana has been disappointing and it would have been wrong if he profited from Froome's misfortune. In fact, there's a case to argue for Qunintana swapping places with Valverde. I really, don't understand what Qunintana is doing. Is he hoping to blow Froome apart in one of the few stages remaining or, is it that the Sky team pace has been so high on the climbs that it's been removing any sting that Qunintana and other GC contenders has? Credit to Froome though, he's been working hard for those vital seconds here and there. Was disappointing to hear him booed.
Le Cav est en feu on 13:08 - Jul 18 with 3587 viewshopphoops

Le Cav est en feu on 12:16 - Jul 18 by hovehoop

Glad the Etape went apart from the puncture and being knocked off.

I guess that Mollema has legitimate grounds to complain though I understood there was a code not to attack and profit from the yellow jersey's misfortune. Not a lot is being said about that. Quintana has been disappointing and it would have been wrong if he profited from Froome's misfortune. In fact, there's a case to argue for Qunintana swapping places with Valverde. I really, don't understand what Qunintana is doing. Is he hoping to blow Froome apart in one of the few stages remaining or, is it that the Sky team pace has been so high on the climbs that it's been removing any sting that Qunintana and other GC contenders has? Credit to Froome though, he's been working hard for those vital seconds here and there. Was disappointing to hear him booed.

I read a few lines of Le Monde to get the considered French view on the booing of Froome, it was very mealy mouthed and whingey, suggesting the result would not not have been neutralized for anyone else. So that's the first and last time i read that rag.

Le Cav est en feu on 17:49 - Jul 18 with 3556 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The French are convinced Froome is on juice. Although I once read a quote from David Walsh (the man who brought down Armstrong) saying that he's never heard anything from inside the cycling world suggesting Froome is juiced up.

That'll do for me!

Le Cav est en feu on 14:06 - Jul 19 with 3513 viewsLofthope

Le Cav est en feu on 13:08 - Jul 18 by hopphoops

I read a few lines of Le Monde to get the considered French view on the booing of Froome, it was very mealy mouthed and whingey, suggesting the result would not not have been neutralized for anyone else. So that's the first and last time i read that rag.

Errr, well, it was neutralised for Adam Yates in a similar manner and there is an unwritten rule that you don't attack the Yellow Jersey when it has a mechanical (which Mollema effectively did) and, finally, if it weren't a mountain top finish the riders crashing would get the same time within the last 3km.

With regard to the last point, the only reason for the exclusion of mountain top finishes is the fear that riders would deliberately pull up just under 3km short and save their legs. This was clearly something different and if you add in the fact that spectators cannot be seen to be affecting the outcome it makes sense.

Even though Mollema might complain that everyone got a time bonus but him, surely even he can see that the other aspects outweigh that?

Meanwhile, I did the Dunwich Dynamo on Saturday/Sunday and rode back too. Excellent event.....did you do it Dolcelatte?
Le Cav est en feu on 16:14 - Jul 19 with 3492 viewsdolcelatte

Le Cav est en feu on 14:06 - Jul 19 by Lofthope

Errr, well, it was neutralised for Adam Yates in a similar manner and there is an unwritten rule that you don't attack the Yellow Jersey when it has a mechanical (which Mollema effectively did) and, finally, if it weren't a mountain top finish the riders crashing would get the same time within the last 3km.

With regard to the last point, the only reason for the exclusion of mountain top finishes is the fear that riders would deliberately pull up just under 3km short and save their legs. This was clearly something different and if you add in the fact that spectators cannot be seen to be affecting the outcome it makes sense.

Even though Mollema might complain that everyone got a time bonus but him, surely even he can see that the other aspects outweigh that?

Meanwhile, I did the Dunwich Dynamo on Saturday/Sunday and rode back too. Excellent event.....did you do it Dolcelatte?

Yes mate - rode with the club on the way and solo back - long and slow back into that headwind! Hardly saw anyone else riding back - almost got taken out on numerous occasions by people still on the way and not anticipating some of us returning.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Le Cav est en feu on 14:07 - Jul 20 with 3448 viewsLofthope

Le Cav est en feu on 16:14 - Jul 19 by dolcelatte

Yes mate - rode with the club on the way and solo back - long and slow back into that headwind! Hardly saw anyone else riding back - almost got taken out on numerous occasions by people still on the way and not anticipating some of us returning.

Yes, much the same experience for me. Saw 7 others riding back to London (3 from Twickenham CC, 2 from Rapha CC/Woodford, an Islington CC and a bloke from Muswell Hill). Like you, I was dodging incoming peletons for the first 65k back. Did you see that 4 wheeled bike with 4 riders on it coming the other way? It was an awesome contraption.

The headwind home is probably always going to be an issue as winds are predominantly westerly. The headwind wasn't too bad but I bonked through not eating enough so wasn't fighting it with much speed anyway!

Not sure where you rode back to, but I peeled off the DD route just after Epping and headed towards Waltham Abbey and shadowed the M25 to Watford, then dropped south to Ruislip which wasn't a great route TBH. Will have to rethink that for next time!
Great event IMO.
Le Cav est en feu on 14:32 - Jul 24 with 3360 views18StoneOfHoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/36876549

Pissed it.
Now with the winnings why doesn't he fork out a grand or two on getting the full Harvard Hair Clinic Wayne Rooney rug weave?

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/482042376-great-britains-christopher-froome-wea

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024