Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On a lighter note... 01:21 - Jul 20 with 10500 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I got some relatively upbeat news about my terminal condition. The results of my three monthly scan show that the chemo has shrunk some lumps by 50% and most by 30%!! Hurrah!!

Having been told in March by my arseologist that it's all a bit incurable as it's now in your liver and lungs and you've got nine months without chemo, 12 to 18 months with chemo, I find myself in the fortunate position of possibly snagging 2, 3, 4 maybe even 5 more years!

Or.... not. Depends how quick it grows back after 6 months of chemo and then how it reacts to another dose of chemo and radiotherapy. Couple of hours of Radio 4 should sort it!

Anyhow, with all this doom and gloom about and me being in bits after four months of chemo, I've a wry smile on my face for a while yet and no one's taking that away from me any time soon.

Gone a bit much haven't I, sorry...

On a lighter note... on 14:00 - Jul 21 with 1527 viewspomanjou

Hdj

I am so please for you. Do not, ever, give up hope. New drugs are coming along with increasing frequency for all types of cancer.

I had my prostate cancer 'completely' removed in 2,000 and the surrounding area to which it has spread, zapped with radiation. I was completely clear for ten years and I was told I would die of something else. Then it showed up again in my yearly blood tests but they were unable to detect where it was. Now its been found in the bones of my pelvis, ribs and shoulder. But in the meantime new drugs have come along and I now take a daily cocktail of pill chemotherapy which messes me up emotionally (as if rangers was not enough) and leaves me completely knackered. I'm lucky, I was given 2 to 4 years to live a year ago.

I have renewed my season ticket!

DO NOT GIVE UP. ANOTHER NEW DRUG IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER........

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

On a lighter note... on 15:20 - Jul 21 with 1498 viewsnix

Good to hear positive news hoop. If a great attitude can help with this horrible disease, you're doing well.

You've got a lot of people rooting for you.
On a lighter note... on 15:26 - Jul 21 with 1492 viewsWilloW4

On a lighter note... on 14:00 - Jul 21 by pomanjou

Hdj

I am so please for you. Do not, ever, give up hope. New drugs are coming along with increasing frequency for all types of cancer.

I had my prostate cancer 'completely' removed in 2,000 and the surrounding area to which it has spread, zapped with radiation. I was completely clear for ten years and I was told I would die of something else. Then it showed up again in my yearly blood tests but they were unable to detect where it was. Now its been found in the bones of my pelvis, ribs and shoulder. But in the meantime new drugs have come along and I now take a daily cocktail of pill chemotherapy which messes me up emotionally (as if rangers was not enough) and leaves me completely knackered. I'm lucky, I was given 2 to 4 years to live a year ago.

Wishing you all the very best too pomanjou.
On a lighter note... on 19:07 - Jul 21 with 1454 viewsFredManRave

On a lighter note... on 17:25 - Jul 20 by robith

Hoop, I won't profess to know you at all beyond a few posts on this site; the representation of a bedraggled band of a bedraggled band. But this brings a massive smile to my face. Our time here is limited, and I personally think there's nothing beyond it which makes them even more special. As such every day is properly precious - from your wedding day or the day your kids are born to the days spent on the sofa thinking "I'm going to do nothing today".

And the prospect of you having a few more of those, however you spend them; a few more days of love and laughter and hate and despair and mediocrity and boredom - fook it makes me happy

Excellent post Robith and couldn't agree more with the "Everyday is properly precious".
Never a truer word...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

On a lighter note... on 23:34 - Jul 21 with 1424 viewszicoshoops

Hoop_Du_Jour.

You make me feel humble.
Best wishes, keep fighting.

Pom.
Likewise.

Keep going both of you, never give up.
On a lighter note... on 00:05 - Jul 22 with 1405 viewsHadders

This post and comments below are touching indeed - we are brought her by football, but this is about something infinitely greater and it lovely to see so many opening their hearts. Much love to you, Hoop Du Jour, and I hope you have many precious days and years of life ahead.
On a lighter note... on 00:26 - Jul 22 with 1398 viewsJAPRANGERS

HDJ

We all luv ya!!!!

You'll see us in the ol'premier yet mate! You RRSS!!!!!
On a lighter note... on 20:10 - Jul 23 with 1325 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Holy crap, I never expected such an overwhelming outpouring of gorgeous lovliness from you all, God bless you.

The latest news I have for you is that my pubes have dropped out. Yep, back sack crack and bikini line, all gone!

For all those advocating canabis oil, I'm gonna score me a quarter of squidgy black sometime soon and get totally blocked!

And finally.... A big shout out to the Macmillan nurses that tend me in all my needs and treatment, amazing organisation and outstanding care they provide. Without them I don't think I'd be as well off as I am, not just medically, but psychologically AND financially. They literally take care of every single aspect of your life and death, things you wouldn't even think of or contemplate.

I still think we'll do sh1te under Jimmy Bottlebaink!
Login to get fewer ads

On a lighter note... on 20:34 - Jul 23 with 1311 viewsBrightonhoop

On a lighter note... on 20:10 - Jul 23 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Holy crap, I never expected such an overwhelming outpouring of gorgeous lovliness from you all, God bless you.

The latest news I have for you is that my pubes have dropped out. Yep, back sack crack and bikini line, all gone!

For all those advocating canabis oil, I'm gonna score me a quarter of squidgy black sometime soon and get totally blocked!

And finally.... A big shout out to the Macmillan nurses that tend me in all my needs and treatment, amazing organisation and outstanding care they provide. Without them I don't think I'd be as well off as I am, not just medically, but psychologically AND financially. They literally take care of every single aspect of your life and death, things you wouldn't even think of or contemplate.

I still think we'll do sh1te under Jimmy Bottlebaink!

Well worth doing a bit of research on the oil HDJ if you're up to it, people do swear by it.

Pom, not seen you posting forever, had no idea, sorry to hear of your troubles, keep fighting on. Good to hear you've renewed your ST.
On a lighter note... on 09:49 - Jul 24 with 1255 viewsPommyhoop

Great news Hoop. Keep on swinging mate.

P.s loled at ''Blocked'' ,aint heard that for ages...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

On a lighter note... on 11:08 - Jul 24 with 1229 viewsloftboy

On a lighter note... on 14:00 - Jul 21 by pomanjou

Hdj

Only just read your post Pom, very humbling to read these, hope both of you win the short term battle and long term war. As said already puts absolutely everything else into perspective.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

On a lighter note... on 13:39 - Jul 25 with 1185 viewsPinnerPaul

(Almost) anything written in response seems trite, but Hoop and Pom, but just wanted to add my own best wishes to those already written.

I'll be thinking of you before I go ballistic at a throw in awarded the wrong way at LR this season - not that important in the scheme of things is it?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024