Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On a lighter note... 01:21 - Jul 20 with 10502 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I got some relatively upbeat news about my terminal condition. The results of my three monthly scan show that the chemo has shrunk some lumps by 50% and most by 30%!! Hurrah!!

Having been told in March by my arseologist that it's all a bit incurable as it's now in your liver and lungs and you've got nine months without chemo, 12 to 18 months with chemo, I find myself in the fortunate position of possibly snagging 2, 3, 4 maybe even 5 more years!

Or.... not. Depends how quick it grows back after 6 months of chemo and then how it reacts to another dose of chemo and radiotherapy. Couple of hours of Radio 4 should sort it!

Anyhow, with all this doom and gloom about and me being in bits after four months of chemo, I've a wry smile on my face for a while yet and no one's taking that away from me any time soon.

Gone a bit much haven't I, sorry...

On a lighter note... on 01:41 - Jul 20 with 6718 viewsFredManRave

That's some very positive news from what is obviosuly an extremely difficult situation.

I wish you all the very best with the chemo, mate, and hope the situation continues to improve in the coming years.

Not wanting to put a downer on things but you do realise you'll be around to see us in the Premier League again...

Keep up the good fight!

UR's!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

On a lighter note... on 02:10 - Jul 20 with 6706 viewsessextaxiboy

Puts all the Brexit squabbling into perspective .

Great news that you have your condition on the back foot .You sound upbeat and that has to help you fight it ..
Good luck and best wishes
ETB
On a lighter note... on 03:35 - Jul 20 with 6676 viewsHitch

All the best mate. Love your attitude.
On a lighter note... on 06:16 - Jul 20 with 6610 viewstexasranger

You know, Hoop du Jour, one of the things I enjoy most about my nightly read of LFW is the sheer variety of subjects that R's fans write about. Your post however is something new and one that has made me realise that as much as we all would love the R's to be London's top team again, do the double and then win the European Cup the thing that really matters most is attitude in the face of adversity. I love yours, and I hope you will be watching the R's win a lot more games yet.
I wish you the very best
On a lighter note... on 07:20 - Jul 20 with 6541 viewsLblock

Oh, that was one in the solar plexus.... I wasn't aware of your condition mate.

Great news and laudable attitude by you.
By way of more positive stuff for you..... My wife's Aunty was told she was riddled with that bstard thing 2 years ago. She went on a course of the poison combined with other drugs and miraculously went from a two years to live position to a "we think you're actually in remission". The daft cow still gets upset that she missed our wedding 18 months ago due to the treatment!!

Stay positive and stay on here arguing with us

Much love X

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

On a lighter note... on 07:53 - Jul 20 with 6473 viewsDiscodroids

thats taken the wind out of my sails this morning, i was moaning about the chingford to Liverpool street train being 4 minute late. I had no Idea you were ill Hoop.

God bless your heart , soul and bones you courageous man of huge dignity.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 7:54]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

On a lighter note... on 07:55 - Jul 20 with 6461 viewsmikeygunn

Great news my friend. Stay strong & keep us posted. Literally puts everything into perspective. You R's.
On a lighter note... on 08:00 - Jul 20 with 6456 viewseasthertsr

On a lighter note... on 07:53 - Jul 20 by Discodroids

thats taken the wind out of my sails this morning, i was moaning about the chingford to Liverpool street train being 4 minute late. I had no Idea you were ill Hoop.

God bless your heart , soul and bones you courageous man of huge dignity.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 7:54]

Too right Disco, puts all the bickering on here into some sort of perspective doesn't it? Hoop I know all of us will be thinking of you and wishing you the very best.
Login to get fewer ads

On a lighter note... on 08:04 - Jul 20 with 6446 viewsDiscodroids

On a lighter note... on 08:00 - Jul 20 by easthertsr

Too right Disco, puts all the bickering on here into some sort of perspective doesn't it? Hoop I know all of us will be thinking of you and wishing you the very best.

You said it mate.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

On a lighter note... on 08:10 - Jul 20 with 6429 viewsGloucs_R

A big manly hug at you

Poll: Are we staying up?

On a lighter note... on 08:21 - Jul 20 with 6400 viewsBrightonhoop

Good to hear that news after the 3 month point mate, very good news indeed. And yes, puts us all to shame on the bickering on here.

I'm not sure if it's kind or cruel to wish you a few more seasons of QPR.

I hope your improvement continues and keep us posted.
On a lighter note... on 08:28 - Jul 20 with 6383 viewskingsburyR

Amazing attitude mate....puts everything else in perspective.

One of the lads (65) who works for me was diagnosed with Bladder C last November. After a fairly intensive program of treatment (cameras going the wrong way up a one way road and lots of catheters) he was given the all clear two weeks ago.

Keep up the fight Hoop, you're in inspiration to us all.

And please god let the R's give you something to shout about this season!

You R'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

On a lighter note... on 08:37 - Jul 20 with 6357 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Great news Hoop.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

On a lighter note... on 08:45 - Jul 20 with 6339 viewsMytch_QPR

Good stuff, Hoop - I hope your recovery continues mate.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

On a lighter note... on 08:52 - Jul 20 with 6318 views1BobbyHazell

Great news Hoop.

Much love brother.
On a lighter note... on 08:53 - Jul 20 with 6310 viewsWilloW4

On a lighter note... on 08:45 - Jul 20 by Mytch_QPR

Good stuff, Hoop - I hope your recovery continues mate.

You've certainly put things into perspective Hoop... Wish you all the very best.
On a lighter note... on 08:55 - Jul 20 with 6298 viewsDWQPR

You can beat this bar steward Hoop. Good luck.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

On a lighter note... on 09:02 - Jul 20 with 6275 viewsSnipper

Great news that the treatment is working. Your fantastic attitude has probably helped mate.

Keep up the good fight fella.
On a lighter note... on 09:18 - Jul 20 with 6238 viewsloftboy

Brilliant news Hoops, keep it up.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

On a lighter note... on 09:51 - Jul 20 with 6179 viewsbob566

well done and keep fighting. If the clubs media teams do read message boards I hope they bump into you and invite you as a guest of honour of the club.
On a lighter note... on 10:01 - Jul 20 with 6164 viewsjohncharles

Great news Hoop and thanks for the huge dose of reality this morning. Hell of a thunder storm and lashing rain here and I'm laughing at it.

Strong and stable my arse.

On a lighter note... on 10:12 - Jul 20 with 6148 viewsIrishR

Great news mate, keep staying positive and fighting like you are. Diet is also important so keep on top of that. Just while we are on the topic and I am not pushing alternative treatments but has anyone heard of any positive outcomes or experiences of Cannibis oil as a treatment?
On a lighter note... on 10:23 - Jul 20 with 6125 viewsDWQPR

On a lighter note... on 10:12 - Jul 20 by IrishR

Great news mate, keep staying positive and fighting like you are. Diet is also important so keep on top of that. Just while we are on the topic and I am not pushing alternative treatments but has anyone heard of any positive outcomes or experiences of Cannibis oil as a treatment?

I think that Disco would be best to answer that if he was able to snort it!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

On a lighter note... on 10:37 - Jul 20 with 6096 viewsCHUBBS

You are an inspirition to all hoop,I'm sure you'll already know all this but as Irish says above diet is the real key to recovery!!
Cannabis oil is a natural well known alternative to what's on offer.
Also Laetrile/b17 are natural alternative treatments widely used in Mexico with great success.
Here's a link to it all..

https://www.cancertutor.com/laetrile/

I know someone who used this method after a failed radiotherapy treatment and she's clear.
The doctors couldn't work out how.

I was wondering why you mentioned you wouldn't be around much longer to see this fcuked up worlds downward spiral,i never thought for one second you meant this.
Looks like you're gonna be around far longer than you first envisaged.
Good luck mate😀
On a lighter note... on 10:52 - Jul 20 with 6066 viewsPlanetHonneywood

So long since I read any, but I believe the OP constitutes good news!

Much continuing success my friend and it sounds like you're nailing this in the one place it needs to be nailed, and that's your mental attitude to it.

And long may we continue to read of your progress.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024