Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On a lighter note... 01:21 - Jul 20 with 10495 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I got some relatively upbeat news about my terminal condition. The results of my three monthly scan show that the chemo has shrunk some lumps by 50% and most by 30%!! Hurrah!!

Having been told in March by my arseologist that it's all a bit incurable as it's now in your liver and lungs and you've got nine months without chemo, 12 to 18 months with chemo, I find myself in the fortunate position of possibly snagging 2, 3, 4 maybe even 5 more years!

Or.... not. Depends how quick it grows back after 6 months of chemo and then how it reacts to another dose of chemo and radiotherapy. Couple of hours of Radio 4 should sort it!

Anyhow, with all this doom and gloom about and me being in bits after four months of chemo, I've a wry smile on my face for a while yet and no one's taking that away from me any time soon.

Gone a bit much haven't I, sorry...

On a lighter note... on 11:10 - Jul 20 with 2401 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ah, that's brilliant, Hoop! Delighted for you.

Keep on keeping on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

On a lighter note... on 11:12 - Jul 20 with 2399 viewsMick_S

Wonderful stuff Hoopy.

Good man yerself.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

On a lighter note... on 11:13 - Jul 20 with 2398 viewsHooped_Pullie

Great news, Hoop, and your marvellous attitude can only help !

Little story to add to the fray : whilst my wife was at University, she developed headaches which wouldn't go away. After much pissing about by doctors and consultants (and misdiagnoses galore), a scan finally found a cancerous tumour the size of a mandarin orange in her brain. After a brilliant bit of surgery (by the same guy who's removed brain tumours from the likes of Martin Kemp and Julia Somerville, no less), she faced a pile of radiotherapy and an uncertain future.

But…

That was now twenty-three years ago. Needless to say, she's still here now, hale and hearty (and healthier than me!), giving me grief with plenty of joy thrown in every day of our lives. The doctors have even ditched the check ups, because they became a waste of time for all concerned.

So…all the very best to you, Hoop, but remember that five-year target my be very conservative !
On a lighter note... on 13:21 - Jul 20 with 2349 viewsflynnbo

Marvellous news. Keep up the fight and be strong.
On a lighter note... on 14:37 - Jul 20 with 2299 viewsDorse

Great news HDJ - feel the love.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

On a lighter note... on 14:41 - Jul 20 with 2296 viewsLongsufferingR

Good news HDJ. Let's hope you keep pushing those deadlines back.

I am a bit concerned about the titles the NHS seem to be giving their staff at the moment though judging by you lot. Woking was on about his wife's Fanny Man yesterday, and now I find out you've got an arseologist!
On a lighter note... on 15:21 - Jul 20 with 2262 viewshook_hoops

That's great news HDJ and I look forward to reading your posts for many many years to come.
On a lighter note... on 16:57 - Jul 20 with 2211 viewsPunteR

Well done mate, inspiring stuff, keep going. Who knows what breakthroughs in science will be made in battling the big C in a couple more years.
You could be here on planet earth for a while yet.
All the very best to you and your family.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

On a lighter note... on 17:25 - Jul 20 with 2198 viewsrobith

Hoop, I won't profess to know you at all beyond a few posts on this site; the representation of a bedraggled band of a bedraggled band. But this brings a massive smile to my face. Our time here is limited, and I personally think there's nothing beyond it which makes them even more special. As such every day is properly precious - from your wedding day or the day your kids are born to the days spent on the sofa thinking "I'm going to do nothing today".

And the prospect of you having a few more of those, however you spend them; a few more days of love and laughter and hate and despair and mediocrity and boredom - fook it makes me happy
On a lighter note... on 17:52 - Jul 20 with 2176 viewslondonscottish

Excellent news HDJ.

Have a drink (or four) on me.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

On a lighter note... on 17:58 - Jul 20 with 2169 viewskropotkin41

Putting a lot of stupid stuff into perspective. Thanks for sharing your news H du J. All the very best to you along the way.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

On a lighter note... on 18:19 - Jul 20 with 2161 viewsterryb

Great to read your good news HDJ.

Arseologist. That has a nice sounding ring to the name. I'm sure most (if not all) of us have come across one of those as well!

Keep going Sir. We're proud of you!
On a lighter note... on 18:21 - Jul 20 with 2161 viewseccles

Might be opening myself up to ridicule here but as a club, we're most definetely a family club. Likewise on here, LFW is like a family (and like any family, some you get on with, some you dont!) and in the bad times families pull together.
Hoop, we're all pulling for you.
It's brilliant news that your fight is still on-going. keep it up with the fantastic positive attitude and keep posting. good on yer!
On a lighter note... on 18:54 - Jul 20 with 2142 viewsWilloW4

On a lighter note... on 18:19 - Jul 20 by terryb

Great to read your good news HDJ.

Arseologist. That has a nice sounding ring to the name. I'm sure most (if not all) of us have come across one of those as well!

Keep going Sir. We're proud of you!

Good point terryb... My cousin has to go and have an examination in a fortnight, she's quietly kacking herself about it . After hearing about the grisly details..I said ," oh, don't worry about it, you're only gonna see the arseologist"...she burst out laughing..thanks to you for that one HDJ.
On a lighter note... on 19:00 - Jul 20 with 2139 viewsmartincook

Brilliant news! Congratulations - keep it going!
On a lighter note... on 19:33 - Jul 20 with 2007 viewsstevec

Keep fighting, keep smiling HDJ. Tony's going to build a new stadium, make sure you're there.

Good luck.
On a lighter note... on 19:44 - Jul 20 with 2002 viewsPunteR

On a lighter note... on 19:33 - Jul 20 by stevec

Keep fighting, keep smiling HDJ. Tony's going to build a new stadium, make sure you're there.

Good luck.

Steady on Steve. Science has come a long way but it cant work miracles. Not sure any of us will be around for that..!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

On a lighter note... on 20:16 - Jul 20 with 1992 viewstimcocking

Damn. Best of luck, keep hanging in there.
On a lighter note... on 21:28 - Jul 20 with 1964 viewsYorkRanger

Great news. Keep battling.
On a lighter note... on 21:47 - Jul 20 with 1952 viewsCiderwithRsie

Good man. Hang on to every second!
On a lighter note... on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 1939 viewsdubaistu

Such a humble and positive post and I wish you all the best my friend.

I remember watching the following and hope it might/can offer you some extra time in the game.

Best wishes

On a lighter note... on 22:39 - Jul 20 with 1926 viewskarl

Great news HoopDJ!
Keep us updated, we're all rooting for you and knowing how a nice comment about something mundane can give you a boost it's just good too!!
On a lighter note... on 23:14 - Jul 20 with 1910 viewswestberksr

Great news HDJ.

We all have our own shit going on but as you've proven to me and a few others, some have proper shit to deal with.

Love your 'glass half full' attitude, keep the faith and keep fighting the fight.

Respect
On a lighter note... on 10:46 - Jul 21 with 1844 viewsisawqpratwcity

Onya, Hoop!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

On a lighter note... on 13:27 - Jul 21 with 1809 viewsdermyqpr

Inspirational to say the least. Keep toughing it out HDJ. Big family are here rooting for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024