Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Allardyce 18:13 - Jul 20 with 14600 viewseghamranger

Aren't we the lucky ones..... 😡

Worse than woy!!
Sam Allardyce on 14:28 - Jul 28 with 1796 viewsNorthernr

Sam Allardyce on 14:15 - Jul 28 by PunteR

What was it then?

Knobbing Chris Martin's wife, or some version of that.
Sam Allardyce on 14:31 - Jul 28 with 1791 viewsJeff

Sam Allardyce on 14:28 - Jul 28 by Northernr

What, Gwenneth Paltrow? he's punching mate... :)

Can we not knock it?

Sam Allardyce on 14:32 - Jul 28 with 1784 viewsdaveB

Sam Allardyce on 17:16 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, I showed you how both Guardiola and Mourinho excelled in tough situations before they took big jobs, but you chose to ignore that. Yep, Mourinho failed last season - totally agree. But still think you could put him at any club without money and he'd do a better job than Allardyce.
If you think Guardiola just inherited a squad at Barcelona you haven't got the first idea of what he did for that club both before he got the top job and while he had it. Not a single clue.
And once any manager proves themselves as winners why would they go anywhere else other than a place where they will be well paid and well-backed? Why would you not want to work with the best players in the world?
Sam might have got to a big club if he had won just a single major trophy - a League Cup - anything. But he never did. And he was at clubs where that was possible. And he's had decades of it.
I'm not saying he's a bad manager - far from it. But I'd never want him within a million miles of QPR (even though we've had far worse than him!) and as a manager of the national team he'll be no better than Keegan/McClaren/Hodgson.
but as I said - who knows? Coleman's a dreadful manager and got Wales to a semi.
I love Eddie Howe, but it's far, far too early for him.
In terms of English managers, I think only Pardew was even a remotely worthy choice. Sadly, we just don't produce good managers - and it's not because they don't have opportunities - they have loads of them, and get a far easier ride in the press than foreign managers. Allardyce a massive case in point there - ditto Redknapp.

Come on Barcelona B is not exactly the same as a Bolton or Blackburn. He's done a very good job everywhere he has been, wouldn't be my choice as England manager but he's a very good manager.

No idea how he will do with England, every other manager bar Bobby Robson and Venables have made a pigs ear of the job so he can't do any worse and really he was the only English choice
Sam Allardyce on 14:57 - Jul 28 with 1748 viewsjonno

Sam Allardyce on 14:28 - Jul 28 by Northernr

Yep.
Sam Allardyce on 15:56 - Jul 28 with 1706 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sam Allardyce on 14:32 - Jul 28 by daveB

Come on Barcelona B is not exactly the same as a Bolton or Blackburn. He's done a very good job everywhere he has been, wouldn't be my choice as England manager but he's a very good manager.

No idea how he will do with England, every other manager bar Bobby Robson and Venables have made a pigs ear of the job so he can't do any worse and really he was the only English choice

Not the same, no. but they're a lower league club seen as, at the time he took over, a real lost cause. Think they'd had a torrid season before that. Almost everyone advised him not to take it because the job was too tough and he'd inevitably fail and it'd cost him other jobs. But he didn't fail - he succeeded beyond all expectations.

the Allardyce argument about not ever having a big club is just a fools argument. He still never won a major trophy with any of them. He never even came remotely close to doing what Ranieri did with Leicester and he's been at clubs bigger than Leicester, or very comparable. He's not a bad manager at all - teams don't get relegated with him - but he's also never moved beyond that - he's incapable of moving beyond that, as he's proved over decades of management.

But maybe he'll be ok. If Coleman can get Wales to a semi, Sam should be able to win a world cup. He won't. But, you know.

Bare bones.

Sam Allardyce on 17:13 - Jul 28 with 1659 viewsdaveB

Sam Allardyce on 15:56 - Jul 28 by Antti_Heinola

Not the same, no. but they're a lower league club seen as, at the time he took over, a real lost cause. Think they'd had a torrid season before that. Almost everyone advised him not to take it because the job was too tough and he'd inevitably fail and it'd cost him other jobs. But he didn't fail - he succeeded beyond all expectations.

the Allardyce argument about not ever having a big club is just a fools argument. He still never won a major trophy with any of them. He never even came remotely close to doing what Ranieri did with Leicester and he's been at clubs bigger than Leicester, or very comparable. He's not a bad manager at all - teams don't get relegated with him - but he's also never moved beyond that - he's incapable of moving beyond that, as he's proved over decades of management.

But maybe he'll be ok. If Coleman can get Wales to a semi, Sam should be able to win a world cup. He won't. But, you know.

No One has come close to doing what Raneri did at Leicester since Brian Clough so hard to compare those two really, last year was a freak season for him and Leicester.

One of Allardyce's best jobs was West Ham where he gets no credit but he took over in a similar mess that we had after being relegated in 2013. He made hard work of getting up but once he got up he was never close to going down and had West Ham in the top 6 for the first half of the season 2 years on the bounce before they fell away. I'm just not sure how you can say he is incapable of moving beyond that level of keeping a club up as he's managed several small clubs into top half positions.

For me it's similar to Redknapp getting the Spurs job, he's getting it at the perfect time for him in his career with a good group of players who have horribly under achieved and expectations at an all time low. I think he'll probably do well. but even if he doesn't we've lost nothing as we've been crap for decades.
Sam Allardyce on 18:06 - Jul 28 with 1629 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sam Allardyce on 17:13 - Jul 28 by daveB

No One has come close to doing what Raneri did at Leicester since Brian Clough so hard to compare those two really, last year was a freak season for him and Leicester.

One of Allardyce's best jobs was West Ham where he gets no credit but he took over in a similar mess that we had after being relegated in 2013. He made hard work of getting up but once he got up he was never close to going down and had West Ham in the top 6 for the first half of the season 2 years on the bounce before they fell away. I'm just not sure how you can say he is incapable of moving beyond that level of keeping a club up as he's managed several small clubs into top half positions.

For me it's similar to Redknapp getting the Spurs job, he's getting it at the perfect time for him in his career with a good group of players who have horribly under achieved and expectations at an all time low. I think he'll probably do well. but even if he doesn't we've lost nothing as we've been crap for decades.

They haven't dave, no.
but here are some managers that have taken smaller or similar sized clubs to top 5 league positions or won cups or got to an FA Cup Final or European Final in the last 20 years. Allardyce's best is still one Carling Cup Final (lost) with Bolton. 12 years ago. Sorry mate but beyond 'doing a half decent job' and 'not getting a team relegated' he's never done much of note.

David Moyes (Everton)
Dave Jones (Cardiff)
Steve Bruce (Hull)
Roy Hodgson (Fulham)
Steve McClaren (Boro)
Dennis Wise (Millwall)
Alan Pardew (West Ham, Palace)
Bryan Robson (Boro)
Roberto Martinez (Wigan)
Tony Pulis (Stoke)
Harry Redknapp (Portsmouth)
Gus Poyet (Sunderland)
Alex McLeish (Birmingham)
Graeme Souness (Blackburn)
Martin O'Neill (Leicester)

I'd say if anything his time at West Ham was overrated - look at this squad for the Championship.
Green, Reid, Mccartney, nolan, Vaz Te, Tomkins, Cole, Carew, Taylor, Faye, Noble, O'Brien, Diop, Lansbury, Collins.
I mean, seriously, he should have been ashamed if he didn't get that lot up.

He just never got beyond the level of keeping a club up. Yes, he may have had some top half finishes - far worse managers have done the same - but he's never been able to inspire any team to go a step further than that. And his football is dire. Whatever he says, it is.

But maybe you're right. Maybe that's what England need. It all depends on what everyone expects. For me, we don't have a great side. If he can get us to the QF of the next World Cup, fair play to him. Anything else will be miraculous. anything less a bit disappointing (but predictable).

Bare bones.

Sam Allardyce on 19:43 - Jul 28 with 1595 viewsQPR1882

Sam Allardyce on 18:06 - Jul 28 by Antti_Heinola

They haven't dave, no.
but here are some managers that have taken smaller or similar sized clubs to top 5 league positions or won cups or got to an FA Cup Final or European Final in the last 20 years. Allardyce's best is still one Carling Cup Final (lost) with Bolton. 12 years ago. Sorry mate but beyond 'doing a half decent job' and 'not getting a team relegated' he's never done much of note.

David Moyes (Everton)
Dave Jones (Cardiff)
Steve Bruce (Hull)
Roy Hodgson (Fulham)
Steve McClaren (Boro)
Dennis Wise (Millwall)
Bryan Robson (Boro)
Roberto Martinez (Wigan)
Tony Pulis (Stoke)
Gus Poyet (Sunderland)

I'd say if anything his time at West Ham was overrated - look at this squad for the Championship.
Green, Reid, Mccartney, nolan, Vaz Te, Tomkins, Cole, Carew, Taylor, Faye, Noble, O'Brien, Diop, Lansbury, Collins.

He just never got beyond the level of keeping a club up. Yes, he may have had some top half finishes - far worse managers have done the same - but he's never been able to inspire any team to go a step further than that. And his football is dire. Whatever he says, it is.

But maybe you're right. Maybe that's what England need. It all depends on what everyone expects. For me, we don't have a great side. If he can get us to the QF of the next World Cup, fair play to him. Anything else will be miraculous. anything less a bit disappointing (but predictable).

Big Sams record as a manager is very much on par with Rednapps ( except he has never bankrupted a team and very nearly bankrupted another like Rednapp )

Yet a few years ago Rednapp was the nations choice. I think Big Sam is the best thing to happen to the national side for a long long time, about time we had a NO man instead of a YES man in charge.
Login to get fewer ads

Sam Allardyce on 23:52 - Jul 28 with 1515 viewsdaveB

Sam Allardyce on 18:06 - Jul 28 by Antti_Heinola

They haven't dave, no.

David Moyes (Everton)
Dave Jones (Cardiff)
Steve Bruce (Hull)
Roy Hodgson (Fulham)
Steve McClaren (Boro)
Dennis Wise (Millwall)
Bryan Robson (Boro)
Roberto Martinez (Wigan)
Tony Pulis (Stoke)
Gus Poyet (Sunderland)

Of course he should have got West Ham up, same as Redknapp with QPR but once he got them up he did a very good job establishing them quickly in the Prem, they were never in danger of going down and he put in place the core of a good side which Bilic has taken on in the last year.

He has gone beyond keeping teams up, he had Bolton in Europe through their league position and usually keeps teams up with plenty to spare

All those managers may well have got to finals but apart from Moyes none of them did it for a long period, most have relegations on their CV and if you are seriously saying some of those names are better than Allardyce or have done better jobs than him then you must be on a wind up
[Post edited 28 Jul 2016 23:54]
Sam Allardyce on 10:12 - Jul 29 with 1447 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sam Allardyce on 23:52 - Jul 28 by daveB

Of course he should have got West Ham up, same as Redknapp with QPR but once he got them up he did a very good job establishing them quickly in the Prem, they were never in danger of going down and he put in place the core of a good side which Bilic has taken on in the last year.

He has gone beyond keeping teams up, he had Bolton in Europe through their league position and usually keeps teams up with plenty to spare

All those managers may well have got to finals but apart from Moyes none of them did it for a long period, most have relegations on their CV and if you are seriously saying some of those names are better than Allardyce or have done better jobs than him then you must be on a wind up
[Post edited 28 Jul 2016 23:54]

Not saying they did better jobs at all - my point is even quite poor managers have achieved at least some sort of glory. Allardyce never has. Bolton was his heyday and that was now about a decade ago.
Sorry Dave, I just can't stand the bloke - whining, whingeing, moaning, cheating, boring, self-aggrandising turd. I remember the time he blamed a defeat on the ref and lino being able to communicate with each other with mics and earpieces. Loud as you like when things going well, quiet as a mouse and ultra-defensive when they're not - see him at the beginning of last season when West Ham had a couple of poor results, all over the press and Sky purring like a big fat kitten at what a mistake they had made. He soon shut up. An arrogant buffoon - but maybe England need an arrogant buffoon. Truth is, his 'achievements' (such as they are) have, like Redknapp's, been blown up by his mates in the press, eager to blow smoke up his ass because he gives good quote and he's a PFM. Well, we'll see what he does with England. He has the big job he said he'd never get because he's English. Let's see what he does with it.

Bare bones.

Sam Allardyce on 10:40 - Jul 29 with 1419 viewssimmo

I have to agree with most of the above, the defining Allardyce trait is to take credit when his team wins and then dis-associate himself with any losses or poor performances. He did it constantly, especially at West Ham.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sam Allardyce on 10:54 - Jul 29 with 1404 viewsdaveB

Sam Allardyce on 10:12 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Not saying they did better jobs at all - my point is even quite poor managers have achieved at least some sort of glory. Allardyce never has. Bolton was his heyday and that was now about a decade ago.
Sorry Dave, I just can't stand the bloke - whining, whingeing, moaning, cheating, boring, self-aggrandising turd. I remember the time he blamed a defeat on the ref and lino being able to communicate with each other with mics and earpieces. Loud as you like when things going well, quiet as a mouse and ultra-defensive when they're not - see him at the beginning of last season when West Ham had a couple of poor results, all over the press and Sky purring like a big fat kitten at what a mistake they had made. He soon shut up. An arrogant buffoon - but maybe England need an arrogant buffoon. Truth is, his 'achievements' (such as they are) have, like Redknapp's, been blown up by his mates in the press, eager to blow smoke up his ass because he gives good quote and he's a PFM. Well, we'll see what he does with England. He has the big job he said he'd never get because he's English. Let's see what he does with it.

I don't really want to paint him as a messiah or anything, I just think he's pretty good at what he does and out of the English managers around at the moment he's by far the best which says a lot about English managers. He has usually left clubs in a far better state than he found them in which for me is the sign of a good manager rather than someone having a good cup run one year.

I should say I do like Eddie Howe and think he will go on to be miles better than Allardyce but the England job was too soon for him imo and would have ruined him.

I've no doubt he'll fail in the end, they all do but unless we were going to look abroad then he was the only choice
Sam Allardyce on 11:02 - Jul 29 with 1389 viewspaulparker

whining, whingeing, moaning, cheating, boring, self-aggrandising turd

you could say the same for Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho , Simeone, and most of the "successful mangers" in the game
give me that then the clueless, unattractive, dithering Roy Hodgson any day

as its been said before the English game is on its knees we have to many foreign mangers , players and owners , and the best we have is a toss up between fat sam & steve bruce shows where we are going wrong
but if sam can get us playing with the passion of Eire the tactics of wales and the heart of N Ireland then I for one will take that all day long

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sam Allardyce on 11:05 - Jul 29 with 1383 viewsTacticalR

A miserable manager for a miserable team from a miserable country seems a perfectly sensible solution to me.

Air hostess clique

Sam Allardyce on 15:21 - Jul 29 with 1293 viewsPommyhoop

like Redknapp's, been blown up by his mates in the press, eager to blow smoke up his ass because he gives good quote and he's a PFM
edit ..''arse'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sam Allardyce on 16:18 - Jul 29 with 1273 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sam Allardyce on 15:21 - Jul 29 by Pommyhoop

like Redknapp's, been blown up by his mates in the press, eager to blow smoke up his ass because he gives good quote and he's a PFM
edit ..''arse'

ha ha - i wasnt sure arse would get past the censor ;)

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024