Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Allardyce 18:13 - Jul 20 with 14582 viewseghamranger

Aren't we the lucky ones..... 😡

Worse than woy!!
Sam Allardyce on 21:57 - Jul 20 with 2168 viewsrrrspricey

One man for me...Dyche. Done a superb job at Burnley on fcuk all budget, motivates and creates a great team spirit.
Sam Allardyce on 22:07 - Jul 20 with 2153 viewsPunteR

Sam Allardyce on 21:48 - Jul 20 by chris1969

Good news. Love all the negative comments but notice there are no other suggestions on who should get the job. At last we might have a manager who will play to strengths not pick and play players on reputation.

Sean Dyche .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sam Allardyce on 22:12 - Jul 20 with 2140 viewsdubaistu

Don't think it really matters, we've tried about just every other approach and it's not made a jot of a difference.

The whole structure is rotten to the core and whether is Ham Salad Rice or the press elect won't make a single difference to the FA or our commercialized footballers.

When you loose a match against Iceland the only thing that tells you is the there is no team.
Sam Allardyce on 22:20 - Jul 20 with 2118 viewsWatfordR

Sam Allardyce on 21:33 - Jul 20 by Toast_R

Disagree, Bolton were on a downward spiral after he left. They may have bobbed around for a few seasons but their relegation was inevitable. SA had them doing regular top eight finishes. With the rather low finances compared to other clubs- that wasnt bad going at all. A team no one liked to play against? Ces't le vais.

England are where they are because they dont happen to be very good anymore. So if that means appointing someone who has a track record of organising and getting a resilient mentality and improving an average team to be better then average and to stop the obvious rot, then so be it

Like I wrote earlier, it may not work out but he deserves to be given a go and not written off before hes even got the job. I doubt Portugal or Greece worried about their style of play when lifting a major trophy.

Since the Prrmier Leagues multi billion pound global audience phenomena came into real effect, we've tried the supposed best foreign managers in Capello and Sven. We've tried the safe options with Hodgson and McLaren, we've even tried the peoples choice with Keegan... all have been bollocks.

Anyone who thinks Klinsmann is a better choice needs to pull their head out their arse.

"I doubt Portugal or Greece worried about their style of play when lifting a major trophy."

Like I said, its an appointment that has mediocrity at its core. Every dog can have its day, but enduring success that the real giants of the game consistently achieve doesn't keep happening by chance.

And I'm afraid the idea that England aren't very good anymore is nonsense, they've never been much good, their tournament record shows that. One win, two semi finals and thats it in more than 85 years.
Sam Allardyce on 22:32 - Jul 20 with 2100 viewsDannytheR

Sam Allardyce on 22:20 - Jul 20 by WatfordR

"I doubt Portugal or Greece worried about their style of play when lifting a major trophy."

Like I said, its an appointment that has mediocrity at its core. Every dog can have its day, but enduring success that the real giants of the game consistently achieve doesn't keep happening by chance.

And I'm afraid the idea that England aren't very good anymore is nonsense, they've never been much good, their tournament record shows that. One win, two semi finals and thats it in more than 85 years.

Exactly right. I was born in 72 and didn't see England qualify for a major tournament until I was 10.
Sam Allardyce on 22:45 - Jul 20 with 2079 viewsizlingtonhoop

Someone's already said it.

Mike Bassett.

I only hope Benson AND Hedges are both available.

Ffs
Sam Allardyce on 22:54 - Jul 20 with 2061 viewsSimonJames

Points per match as manager: 1,36

Success rate as coach: 36,3 % Wins, 26,9 % Draw, 36,8 % Losses

...I'm bursting with confidence!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sam Allardyce on 23:17 - Jul 20 with 2027 viewsRickyDicky

Same old, same old.

If the old suits had balls with Clough and Venables we'd have two euros and a World Cup by now.

IMHO !

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Allardyce on 23:18 - Jul 20 with 2026 viewsLadbrokeR

Sam Allardyce on 21:48 - Jul 20 by chris1969

Good news. Love all the negative comments but notice there are no other suggestions on who should get the job. At last we might have a manager who will play to strengths not pick and play players on reputation.

Would Ramsey do any worst ?
Sam Allardyce on 23:23 - Jul 20 with 2016 viewsloftboy

When we were getting ducked by west ham a couple of seasons ago at Upton Park, when the score reached 3 Redknapp st back motionless in his seat at the same time big Sam was on the touch line barking out instructions waving his arms about as if the score was 0-0 , we've tried and failed with all these so called technical experts, lets give him a chance, because one thing is for sure,he won't put up with any prima donnas putting in a performance like we've just seen in France.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sam Allardyce on 00:50 - Jul 21 with 1964 viewsSydneyRs

The thing for me is that, while I am not exactly thrilled and excited by this, what are the alternatives? Dyche has been mentioned, but is he any better than Allardyce? Won a couple of promotions, been relegated, creates good team spirit and organised teams. Seems quite similar in a lot of ways.

Pointing to his win record is misleading, as he's never managed any of the stronger clubs. What he does seem to do is build a strong dressing room and get the best out of players, both things England are crying out for.

There's enough talent in that squad to be doing a lot better. The tournament that just finished was won by a bang average team. If they can do it, then a properly motivated and organised England team could too.
Sam Allardyce on 02:33 - Jul 21 with 1924 viewsjonno

Sam Allardyce on 23:23 - Jul 20 by loftboy

When we were getting ducked by west ham a couple of seasons ago at Upton Park, when the score reached 3 Redknapp st back motionless in his seat at the same time big Sam was on the touch line barking out instructions waving his arms about as if the score was 0-0 , we've tried and failed with all these so called technical experts, lets give him a chance, because one thing is for sure,he won't put up with any prima donnas putting in a performance like we've just seen in France.

In which case he will need to start picking players from lower divisions, because players on massive millions a year contracts just go through the motions for England. They don't want to jeopardise future earnings by picking up a serious career threatening injury playing for the national team.
And to create a "club spirit" amongst the players is impossible, to do that you need to be with the players every day (like at a Club), not see them for a few days once every few months. So if that is Allardyce's strength it ain't going to happen. The simple fact is that, no matter who is the manager, you need quality players to make a quality team and England don't have any good enough at the highest level.
And whatever happened to the "investigation" into the bungs Allardyce was seen taking on that Panorama programme all those years ago?
Sam Allardyce on 06:53 - Jul 21 with 1871 viewseasthertsr

Should have been Hiddink.
Sam Allardyce on 07:36 - Jul 21 with 1852 viewsdaveB

I think the England manager should be English otheriwse it's just cheating and if you go down that line then Allardyce has to be first choice really especially after Eddie Howe pulled out.

If we had gone foreign I'd have gone with Rafa Benitiez

I think he'll do ok but England have been consistent regardless of manager for years in getting knocked out the minute we play a good team and can't see that changing
Sam Allardyce on 07:40 - Jul 21 with 1846 viewsCamberleyR

Sam Allardyce on 22:20 - Jul 20 by WatfordR

Three semi finals.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sam Allardyce on 08:25 - Jul 21 with 1773 viewsToast_R

Sam Allardyce on 02:33 - Jul 21 by jonno

In which case he will need to start picking players from lower divisions, because players on massive millions a year contracts just go through the motions for England. They don't want to jeopardise future earnings by picking up a serious career threatening injury playing for the national team.
And to create a "club spirit" amongst the players is impossible, to do that you need to be with the players every day (like at a Club), not see them for a few days once every few months. So if that is Allardyce's strength it ain't going to happen. The simple fact is that, no matter who is the manager, you need quality players to make a quality team and England don't have any good enough at the highest level.
And whatever happened to the "investigation" into the bungs Allardyce was seen taking on that Panorama programme all those years ago?

"The simple fact is that, no matter who is the manager, you need quality players to make a quality team and England don't have any good enough at the highest level."

Straight out of the Harry Redknapp archive of soundbites and philosophy.

Of course building a team spirit at international level is possible. When you're in a tournament that is what you have to do. Look at the Germans, didn't actually have the best qualifying campaign for the Euro's but come the finals and there they grow in to it. As did the Portuguese. Look how Wales fought for one another and had a wonderful tournament based on their team spirit.

SA has actually managed some big players with massive ego's. One example - he got the best out of Anelka when other bigger teams just couldn't motivate him.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 8:26]
Sam Allardyce on 08:25 - Jul 21 with 1773 viewsTheChef

Sam Allardyce on 22:12 - Jul 20 by dubaistu

Don't think it really matters, we've tried about just every other approach and it's not made a jot of a difference.

The whole structure is rotten to the core and whether is Ham Salad Rice or the press elect won't make a single difference to the FA or our commercialized footballers.

When you loose a match against Iceland the only thing that tells you is the there is no team.

This.

He might do better, he might do worse, but the manager's role itself is not the main problem with English football that needs fixing.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sam Allardyce on 09:20 - Jul 21 with 1711 viewsMonahoop

Sam Allardyce on 18:32 - Jul 20 by WilloW4

Not sure I can stand the excitement.. He's always struck me as a gum chewing yob, who just fecks about and people fall for it/him.. And he's good mates with Redknapp..Not 'bent' at all..allegedly!! Haven't supported the England football team for a long while now, so I see a certain amount of humour in this.

Those thoughts match mine on the bloke and England. I can remember him as a player. The ultimate northern, lumbering, feet of clay thug who displayed all the footballing finesse of a house breeze block. Watching England under this bulldog will be like being transported back to the 1950's. The English FA never learn.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Sam Allardyce on 09:41 - Jul 21 with 1689 viewspaulparker

He Should have got the job after the last world cup , im happy with this appointment
we may have an actual formation and a style of play for the 1st time in 4 years and he may pick players who are shock horror in form or not injured
all of this guff about sam being a long ball merchant is laughable if we have to play it long so what , it worked for Leicester last year and at times man utd under fergie would get it long to wide areas , in this country we play with wingers and always have so why not go back to that, the last few tournaments have seen us pass sideways, then back, then sideways again before we run out of ideas in the final third its been boring and garbage to watch
sam is also an impact manager and that's what you need in international football as you don't have enough time with the players , he can organise quickly and make good subs, he will also build from the back which is where we are lacking at the moment and make us hard to beat
finally we may have a manager who drops the likes of Wiltshire, Sturridge, Milner & Hart , who are useless and not interested in playing for England , if we have to play Carroll , Albrighton, Shawcross , Forster , Noble so be it at least they wont go into hiding when the going gets tough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sam Allardyce on 10:03 - Jul 21 with 1663 viewsTHEBUSH

i'm prepared to give him a chance, gonna be interesting to see what players he picks for his first game in charge.
Sam Allardyce on 10:09 - Jul 21 with 1652 viewsaston_hoop

Sam Allardyce on 10:03 - Jul 21 by THEBUSH

i'm prepared to give him a chance, gonna be interesting to see what players he picks for his first game in charge.

Terry, Lampard and Gerrard probably. Loves a few senior figures around his squad does Allardyce! Not so sure abut this because most of Allardyce's strengths are around the way he organises his teams and defence as well as set pieces and team bonding. Thats all great at club level when they can practice this in training every day but he'll see these guys for a few days every few months if Mourinho doesn't pretend they're injured.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sam Allardyce on 10:17 - Jul 21 with 1639 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sam Allardyce on 19:19 - Jul 20 by stevec

I'm all for it. The sensitive little toerags should be getting a slagging off of mind blowing proportions in the dressing room, not having to wait for a bunch of reporters to do the managements job for them.

Yeah, I remember when everyone said that when Capello took over. Discipline and boll0ckings that's what they need.
That ended well.
Simplistic stuff like this is just for newspaper hacks to drone on about, but essentially it's meaningless.

Bare bones.

Sam Allardyce on 10:20 - Jul 21 with 1634 viewsMedwayR

I'm willing to give him a chance & see how he does, I have very low expectations though. I suspect we'll have 2 tournaments with him and then appoint Howe.

What Big Sam's appointment illustrates to me is that the FA aren't learning and I suspect that the search for a new manager didn't go much further than David Gill ringing Alex Ferguson and asking what he thinks, no doubt he'd have recommended his old mate Allardyce and his former captain Steve Bruce.

It must be inspirational for our next generation to play for Aidy Boothroyd at U19's, Gareth Southgate at U21's and Sam Allardyce in the senior team.

Poll: Who’s better?

Sam Allardyce on 10:27 - Jul 21 with 1621 viewsdaveB

If he sticks to what he's best at he'll probably do well and have an organised team who are hard to beat and can go quite far but probably not win it but Hodgson was the same if he had stuck to what he's best at he'd have done far better but for some reason abandoned that and went all out attack in 2 tournaments with no real idea how to implement that idea.
Sam Allardyce on 10:32 - Jul 21 with 1612 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't us English have any decent football managers or even worse, politicians.

What a state we're in and now we're all alone in the world
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024