Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Allardyce 18:13 - Jul 20 with 14601 viewseghamranger

Aren't we the lucky ones..... 😡

Worse than woy!!
Sam Allardyce on 14:03 - Jul 21 with 2450 viewsAntti_Heinola

There once was a coach called Big Sam
Who used to manage West Ham
The football was boring
The fans were all snoring
But it's fine cos he don't give a damn

Bare bones.

Sam Allardyce on 14:03 - Jul 21 with 2450 viewsMytch_QPR

The FA said they would leave no leaf un-turned
To find the great leader they yearned
They got to the first leaf
and found Big Sam underneath
Which shows that they haven't really learned.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Sam Allardyce on 14:08 - Jul 21 with 2436 viewspaulparker

Sam Allardyce on 14:01 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

Where does this stuff about Allardyce having a thick skin actually come from? He seems to have the thinnest skin of almost any boss out there, with his constant whining and whingeing about his own reputation.

So would you if you had done the jobs he has done at clubs and not get recognised for the good work , he was stitched up at Blackburn a goodun by venkys and steve keane, Gartside slagged him off when he left Bolton
do you think Mouriniho, Guardiola, etc would have done as well as he had at Bolton , West Ham , Blackburn and Sunderland , I don't think they would have
he has something about him a bit like Warnock has
or do we prefer cuddly uncle roy the dithering idiot who has ballsed up the last 2 tournaments

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sam Allardyce on 14:16 - Jul 21 with 2420 viewsDesertBoot

I think he's a good appointment. A proud Englishman who knows who to get the best out of his players. Got West Ham promoted and laid the foundations for Bilic, has worked wonders at Sunderland and did well at Bolton with several (then) big names in the squad.
Despite his reputation, he is actually forward thinking in terms of training, nutrition, performance and now has a much better "squad" to choose from.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Sam Allardyce on 14:35 - Jul 21 with 2400 viewsdaveB

Sam Allardyce on 14:08 - Jul 21 by paulparker

So would you if you had done the jobs he has done at clubs and not get recognised for the good work , he was stitched up at Blackburn a goodun by venkys and steve keane, Gartside slagged him off when he left Bolton
do you think Mouriniho, Guardiola, etc would have done as well as he had at Bolton , West Ham , Blackburn and Sunderland , I don't think they would have
or do we prefer cuddly uncle roy the dithering idiot who has ballsed up the last 2 tournaments

Hodgson had a similar record at club level
Sam Allardyce on 14:48 - Jul 21 with 2371 viewsDannytheR

Sam Allardyce on 14:35 - Jul 21 by daveB

I don't really understand all this stuff about him being "a proud Englishman" either. Keegan, McLaren and Hodgson weren't?
Sam Allardyce on 14:56 - Jul 21 with 2356 viewspaulparker

Sam Allardyce on 14:35 - Jul 21 by daveB

Hardly

he failed at Blackburn & Liverpool
yes he done well at Fulham but got West Brom to where they always finish , Midtable

didn't do that well at Inter either and had the worst win ratio as Finland manager

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sam Allardyce on 15:04 - Jul 21 with 2342 viewsaston_hoop

Sam Allardyce on 14:56 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Hardly

yes he done well at Fulham but got West Brom to where they always finish , Midtable

didn't do that well at Inter either and had the worst win ratio as Finland manager

I'll not have that, Roy is a legend in Finland!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19769903
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 15:06]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Allardyce on 15:08 - Jul 21 with 2332 viewssimmo

Big Sam was replaced by Bilic and they performed better and played better football once he did. He's also got more experience including with international teams. Bilic is clearly an example of one manager that would be better than Allardyce, but we're not getting the best on the market, we're getting the best Englishman available.

As for Hodgson, he had much more experience and success domestically and internationally than Big Sam - but in a 1 on 1 BS team vs RH - I'd back BS.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sam Allardyce on 15:11 - Jul 21 with 2329 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sam Allardyce on 14:08 - Jul 21 by paulparker

I'll give you this:

- He turned Bolton from a League One side into a Premier League mainstay. Very decent. not as impressive as what Graham Taylor did with Watford - or even what he did with Villa though. Or even with what Martinez / Rodgers did with Swansea. And I wuldn't take either of them as England manager either.
- Blackburn you can't really judge, wasn't there long enough, didn't do much to suggest he was ripping up trees, but had them stable. He is good at that. Ditto Newcastle (7 wins in 21 not exactly encouraging for your so-called 'impact' manager).
- West Ham. Got them up via the play-offs. Big whoop. Kevin Blackwell almost got a team promoted through the play-offs once - and that squad was nowhere near what Allardyce had. Even Alex McLeish got Birmingham out the Championship. West Ham fans couldn't stand him - and they were dead right.
- Sunderland. He took over in early October. They were 5 points from safety with 30 of 38 games remaining. They survived by 2 points. Well done - fair do's and all that. But all this 'miraculous achievement' 'what a job he's done' is laughable. It's no more impressive than what Advocaat did, or Poyet did or others before them in Sunderland's annual clustermuck. And it's not even close to Hodgson's escape trick with Fulham (or Lawrie Sanchez's, if you want another comparison).

And would Mourinho or Guardiola have done better at those clubs. Er... of course they bloody would have! Guardiola, incidentally, managed Barca B - against all advice, because they were seen as an absolute dead loss. Everyone was convinced he'd fail - managing in Spain's lower leagues with a team that had been a total failure the season before. They won the league, of course. Guardiola turned those youngsters like Busquets (not a player i like) and Pedro (ditto) into serial winners. Mourinho the same really - taking Porto to the CL Final is an achievement so far above all of Allardyce's collective achievements of avoiding relegation and a play-off win it's hilarious. Of course they would have done better at Allardyce's clubs, just as Bilic has.

Roy had to go. But Allardyce will be the same old story.

Bare bones.

Sam Allardyce on 15:52 - Jul 21 with 2281 viewsLadbrokeR

Sam Allardyce on 14:03 - Jul 21 by Mytch_QPR

The FA said they would leave no leaf un-turned
To find the great leader they yearned
They got to the first leaf
and found Big Sam underneath
Which shows that they haven't really learned.

Moral was pieces with work to be done
The FA has spoken it's time for route one
A sterling record on taking teams up
Avoiding the drop but never a cup
He's English and proven and announced today
Another campaign and a dawn of false hope
The FA will tell us big Sam will cope
The media will eat him and he'll do what they say.
In tune with it all the the brilliant FA
Sam Allardyce on 15:56 - Jul 21 with 2272 viewspaulparker

Sam Allardyce on 15:11 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

I'll give you this:

- He turned Bolton from a League One side into a Premier League mainstay. Very decent. not as impressive as what Graham Taylor did with Watford - or even what he did with Villa though. Or even with what Martinez / Rodgers did with Swansea. And I wuldn't take either of them as England manager either.
- Blackburn you can't really judge, wasn't there long enough, didn't do much to suggest he was ripping up trees, but had them stable. He is good at that. Ditto Newcastle (7 wins in 21 not exactly encouraging for your so-called 'impact' manager).
- West Ham. Got them up via the play-offs. Big whoop. Kevin Blackwell almost got a team promoted through the play-offs once - and that squad was nowhere near what Allardyce had. Even Alex McLeish got Birmingham out the Championship. West Ham fans couldn't stand him - and they were dead right.
- Sunderland. He took over in early October. They were 5 points from safety with 30 of 38 games remaining. They survived by 2 points. Well done - fair do's and all that. But all this 'miraculous achievement' 'what a job he's done' is laughable. It's no more impressive than what Advocaat did, or Poyet did or others before them in Sunderland's annual clustermuck. And it's not even close to Hodgson's escape trick with Fulham (or Lawrie Sanchez's, if you want another comparison).

And would Mourinho or Guardiola have done better at those clubs. Er... of course they bloody would have! Guardiola, incidentally, managed Barca B - against all advice, because they were seen as an absolute dead loss. Everyone was convinced he'd fail - managing in Spain's lower leagues with a team that had been a total failure the season before. They won the league, of course. Guardiola turned those youngsters like Busquets (not a player i like) and Pedro (ditto) into serial winners. Mourinho the same really - taking Porto to the CL Final is an achievement so far above all of Allardyce's collective achievements of avoiding relegation and a play-off win it's hilarious. Of course they would have done better at Allardyce's clubs, just as Bilic has.

Roy had to go. But Allardyce will be the same old story.

Rodgers got Swansea promoted & kept them up he done a decent job but that's not comparable to what Sam did at Bolton , not only did he get them promoted but he also got them to cup semi finals, a league cup final and got them into Europe oh and top 8 finishes , Rodgers and Martinez don't even come close to comparison

at Blackburn he took over when Ince was struggling , he kept them up and got them into mid table , im pretty sure Blackburn fans would take that now , he also introduced Phil Jones and got him playing the best football of his career

Sunderland is a poison challis of a job , with bad signings and morale all over the place
again he kept them up , Advocaat would have taken them down with as many points as villa if he would of stayed

West Ham were a shambles they had gone down with Avram Grant , he got them up first time of asking and then kept them up the following year and steadied the ship and got to a league cup semi final , as well as signing Valencia& Cresswell , id call that a job well done
yes Billic has taken it further not denying that , ive always rated billic I wanted him here when we were getting stuffed by spurs 4- nil , and yes Billic is a better manager than sam but he wasn't interested in the job

you have a pop at Mcleish but didn't he do well as Scotland manager once upon a time,
he came within a whisker of getting to Euro 2008 so if a crap club manager like him can do it internationally why cant sam ?

Guardiola has managed Barca & Bayern , at Barca he inherited a squad any manger would dream of , a once in a life time team , at Bayern its harder to not win the league and he failed in the champions league , oh and look where he has gone now City with about 200 million to spend , hardly a test is it

as for Jose again he goes where the money is , Chelsea, Inter , Real , Utd
funny how when he lost the dressing room last season he didn't have a clue how to turn it around he would have finished around 16th if he would have stayed

no way in the world could those 2 take over Bolton & Blackburn and do any better

end of the day I would of liked Eddie Howe but I think Sam is suited to international football we certainly would have done a lot better in the last world cup and Euros than what we have done , as an England fan I just to win a knockout game in a tournament

Sam Allardyce on 16:12 - Jul 21 with 2255 viewsPlanetHonneywood

My immediate thought upon hearing the news; Sam Allardyce is set to be named as the next manager sacked by England!

I'm not sure there is anyone out there that could deliver upon the outrageous expectations of the media/fans etc. with such a poor pool of talent to select from.

Not one of the England squad in France is the key string puller in their club sides. All of them are the 'token' runners/piano pushers and until we start producing players that have the intelligence as much the ability to pull the strings and dictate a game, we'll never amount to much.

Sure we have some 'good' players but we don't have the savvy ones, but if Large Samuel can instill a 'team' mentality and a 'togetherness' that hasn't been there since Sir Bobby, then don't be putting any of your hard earned on England.

Good luck Sam, you will need it by the bucket load taking that job.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sam Allardyce on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 2231 viewsLadbrokeR

Sam Allardyce on 15:56 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Rodgers got Swansea promoted & kept them up he done a decent job but that's not comparable to what Sam did at Bolton , not only did he get them promoted but he also got them to cup semi finals, a league cup final and got them into Europe oh and top 8 finishes , Rodgers and Martinez don't even come close to comparison

at Blackburn he took over when Ince was struggling , he kept them up and got them into mid table , im pretty sure Blackburn fans would take that now , he also introduced Phil Jones and got him playing the best football of his career

Sunderland is a poison challis of a job , with bad signings and morale all over the place
again he kept them up , Advocaat would have taken them down with as many points as villa if he would of stayed

West Ham were a shambles they had gone down with Avram Grant , he got them up first time of asking and then kept them up the following year and steadied the ship and got to a league cup semi final , as well as signing Valencia& Cresswell , id call that a job well done
yes Billic has taken it further not denying that , ive always rated billic I wanted him here when we were getting stuffed by spurs 4- nil , and yes Billic is a better manager than sam but he wasn't interested in the job

you have a pop at Mcleish but didn't he do well as Scotland manager once upon a time,
he came within a whisker of getting to Euro 2008 so if a crap club manager like him can do it internationally why cant sam ?

Guardiola has managed Barca & Bayern , at Barca he inherited a squad any manger would dream of , a once in a life time team , at Bayern its harder to not win the league and he failed in the champions league , oh and look where he has gone now City with about 200 million to spend , hardly a test is it

funny how when he lost the dressing room last season he didn't have a clue how to turn it around he would have finished around 16th if he would have stayed

no way in the world could those 2 take over Bolton & Blackburn and do any better

end of the day I would of liked Eddie Howe but I think Sam is suited to international football we certainly would have done a lot better in the last world cup and Euros than what we have done , as an England fan I just to win a knockout game in a tournament

I'll stick my neck out here can he motivate millionaires who he will see on an infrequent basis. Can he cope with the systemic pressure that is served up by the media and protect his players from the very same thing . Has he got a proven record at the level of high pressure football. Has he got a modicum of tactical ability that can be used to select teams and to change a game at a key moment. I honestly hope so.
Sam Allardyce on 17:16 - Jul 21 with 2191 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sam Allardyce on 15:56 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Yeah, I showed you how both Guardiola and Mourinho excelled in tough situations before they took big jobs, but you chose to ignore that. Yep, Mourinho failed last season - totally agree. But still think you could put him at any club without money and he'd do a better job than Allardyce.
If you think Guardiola just inherited a squad at Barcelona you haven't got the first idea of what he did for that club both before he got the top job and while he had it. Not a single clue.
And once any manager proves themselves as winners why would they go anywhere else other than a place where they will be well paid and well-backed? Why would you not want to work with the best players in the world?
Sam might have got to a big club if he had won just a single major trophy - a League Cup - anything. But he never did. And he was at clubs where that was possible. And he's had decades of it.
I'm not saying he's a bad manager - far from it. But I'd never want him within a million miles of QPR (even though we've had far worse than him!) and as a manager of the national team he'll be no better than Keegan/McClaren/Hodgson.
but as I said - who knows? Coleman's a dreadful manager and got Wales to a semi.
I love Eddie Howe, but it's far, far too early for him.
In terms of English managers, I think only Pardew was even a remotely worthy choice. Sadly, we just don't produce good managers - and it's not because they don't have opportunities - they have loads of them, and get a far easier ride in the press than foreign managers. Allardyce a massive case in point there - ditto Redknapp.

Bare bones.

Sam Allardyce on 17:18 - Jul 21 with 2189 viewsqpr85

Sam Allardyce on 14:56 - Jul 21 by paulparker

Hardly

I have to say you are wrong about inter as well they love him there and said he will be welcomed back whenever he wants.

Also WBA were not a mid table team they were bottom half/bottom 4 team at best he got them comfortably mid table.

He was crap for England but I think the job came with a lot of pressure to play certain players. If he was free to pick the team HE wanted we could have seen a different team completely
Sam Allardyce on 18:34 - Jul 21 with 2123 viewsR_from_afar

Sam Allardyce on 14:01 - Jul 21 by Antti_Heinola

Where does this stuff about Allardyce having a thick skin actually come from? He seems to have the thinnest skin of almost any boss out there, with his constant whining and whingeing about his own reputation.

He was never accepted, even when results exceeded expectations, by a large proportion of the Wham fans because of his reputation for crude football. There was constant muttering about "The West Ham" way from their fans. I always thought it was an overgrown bridlepath down the side of Upton Park but it turns out that The 'Ammers invented total football. Who knew?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sam Allardyce on 19:41 - Jul 21 with 2087 viewsCiderwithRsie

I was talking about Allardyce to a mate and he said that he'd reviewed his life and all the things he had time to care about and decided that football had got to go; he was going to concentrate on cricket, tennis and F1.

I'm verging on that with the England team.

We both felt that there's an opportunity for someone in the Far East to give a f*ck about the England team on your behalf. For a small fee they would have to watch all the terrible games, kick the cat when we lose, go for a p*ss during games in the hopes that we'd score while they're out of the room, drive around Rangoon or wherever it is with St George's flags on the wing mirrors, listen to Allan Bloody Green and all the morons on six-oh-six, and so on. If England ever got worth following you would be notified and could then resume caring and claim to followed the lads since 1966.
Sam Allardyce on 00:01 - Jul 22 with 2005 viewsdistortR

Sam Allardyce on 19:41 - Jul 21 by CiderwithRsie

I was talking about Allardyce to a mate and he said that he'd reviewed his life and all the things he had time to care about and decided that football had got to go; he was going to concentrate on cricket, tennis and F1.

I'm verging on that with the England team.

We both felt that there's an opportunity for someone in the Far East to give a f*ck about the England team on your behalf. For a small fee they would have to watch all the terrible games, kick the cat when we lose, go for a p*ss during games in the hopes that we'd score while they're out of the room, drive around Rangoon or wherever it is with St George's flags on the wing mirrors, listen to Allan Bloody Green and all the morons on six-oh-six, and so on. If England ever got worth following you would be notified and could then resume caring and claim to followed the lads since 1966.

Why do you give a toss? You're Manx anyway
Sam Allardyce on 00:59 - Jul 22 with 1982 viewsderbyhoop

Sam Allardyce on 16:12 - Jul 21 by PlanetHonneywood

My immediate thought upon hearing the news; Sam Allardyce is set to be named as the next manager sacked by England!

I'm not sure there is anyone out there that could deliver upon the outrageous expectations of the media/fans etc. with such a poor pool of talent to select from.

Not one of the England squad in France is the key string puller in their club sides. All of them are the 'token' runners/piano pushers and until we start producing players that have the intelligence as much the ability to pull the strings and dictate a game, we'll never amount to much.

Sure we have some 'good' players but we don't have the savvy ones, but if Large Samuel can instill a 'team' mentality and a 'togetherness' that hasn't been there since Sir Bobby, then don't be putting any of your hard earned on England.

Good luck Sam, you will need it by the bucket load taking that job.

Nail and head. On every point.

England are a top 20 side but not a top 4 side. While the PL is dominated by foreign players and foreign managers that isn't going to change.

If we wanted an English manager what were the options?
If we have to select a 23 man squad and struggle to pick 1 international class CB, why should we expect anything more.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sam Allardyce on 16:04 - Jul 22 with 1877 viewsJuzzie

Alladyce now confirmed, 2 year deal.

So, that's just confirmed to me it's just who was available at the time and to get us to the next World Cup rather than a long term appointment. If he really was the FA's first choice all along surely he would have been appointed 4 years ago?
Sam Allardyce on 11:53 - Jul 28 with 1777 viewsTacticalR

'Allardyce had identified Clement for a key role behind the scenes and the Bayern head coach, Carlo Ancelotti, was understood to be open about the idea of his assistant joining England during international breaks.

However, it has now emerged that the Bundesliga champions, preparing for life after Pep Guardiola, have told Clement they do not like the idea of him job-sharing if it means there are times when he is away during the season. Bayern’s stance is that Clement should fully concentrate on one job alone.'

Sam Allardyce blocked from appointing Paul Clement as England assistant
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/28/sam-allardyce-blocked-from-appo

Air hostess clique

Sam Allardyce on 14:04 - Jul 28 with 1737 viewsPunteR

Sam Allardyce on 11:53 - Jul 28 by TacticalR

'Allardyce had identified Clement for a key role behind the scenes and the Bayern head coach, Carlo Ancelotti, was understood to be open about the idea of his assistant joining England during international breaks.

However, it has now emerged that the Bundesliga champions, preparing for life after Pep Guardiola, have told Clement they do not like the idea of him job-sharing if it means there are times when he is away during the season. Bayern’s stance is that Clement should fully concentrate on one job alone.'

Sam Allardyce blocked from appointing Paul Clement as England assistant
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/28/sam-allardyce-blocked-from-appo

Still cant believe Derby sacked Clement.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sam Allardyce on 14:12 - Jul 28 with 1727 viewsjonno

Sam Allardyce on 14:04 - Jul 28 by PunteR

Still cant believe Derby sacked Clement.

It wasn't for football reasons.
Sam Allardyce on 14:15 - Jul 28 with 1721 viewsPunteR

Sam Allardyce on 14:12 - Jul 28 by jonno

It wasn't for football reasons.

What was it then?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024