Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stranger Things on Netflix 02:03 - Jul 22 with 2781 viewsmarkrtid

I was surprised how good this eight parter was. A good 80's soundtrack with a bit of The Clash and some Joy Division with this Peter Gabriel cover of Heroes also that I didn't know existed.

IMDB
In a small town where everyone knows everyone, a peculiar incident starts a chain of events that leads to the disappearance of a child - which begins to tear at the fabric of an otherwise peaceful community. Dark government agencies and seemingly malevolent supernatural forces converge on the town, while a few locals begin to understand that there's more going on than meets the eye.

Also 'The Night Of' is brill So is 'Preacher' if you are interested in something different to watch on the box.
Peace.
Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:18 - Jul 22 with 2641 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks, a friend I trust has been on about this as well. I'll put it on the list.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:29 - Jul 22 with 2626 viewsadhoc_qpr

I thought Stranger Things was great, binge watched it last weekend.

Really captured the spirit of some 80's classics and a had a weird Spielberg meets John Carpenter vibe which worked very well.
Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:36 - Jul 22 with 2617 viewsMaggsinho

Just started watching it last night, two episodes down, thought it was excellent, a lovely homage to ET, The Goonies, X Files and a bit of Stephen King too.
Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:53 - Jul 22 with 2593 viewsDiscodroids

Will look it up. Just finished the 'Generation war' series on Netflix. Was as brutal on the pallet as those FGM offcut sausages you get in Cross and Blackwell all day breakfast tins, but quite brilliant and absorbing.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Stranger Things on Netflix on 23:59 - Jul 23 with 2442 viewsMrSheen

I've just watched the first two episodes of a French drama called Baron Noir on Amazon Prime. It's about dirty politics, set in unlovely Dunkerque. Terrific start. Very gritty with an air of mystery about it.
Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:24 - Jul 24 with 2333 viewslondonscottish

Thanks for the tip. Goof timing - I just got Netflix fired up and my new place last night.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:27 - Jul 24 with 2330 viewsPommyhoop

Cheers lads same as londonS Ive just got Net Flix and needed some guidance..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:39 - Jul 24 with 2320 viewsPommyhoop

I've been watching quite a few sports doc's on ESPN.Some really good ones about sports I hadn't a clue about. I did'nt know how good old OJ was and that fella Bo Jackson ...what an athlete.It's crazy how big College sports is over there..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Stranger Things on Netflix on 11:48 - Jul 24 with 2250 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Funny that, downloaded the first two episodes the other day to give it a try. I'll stick 'em on later!
Stranger Things on Netflix on 22:32 - Jan 26 with 1806 viewsPunteR

Just started watching series 1.
Brilliant so far. As others have already said, it captures the 80s films I grew up watching. A mix of The Goonies, ET,Nightmare on elm street and a bit of Akira.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stranger Things on Netflix on 22:39 - Jan 26 with 1791 viewsenfieldargh

watching Narcos as recommended on here before plus BBC Taboo is bloody good

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Stranger Things on Netflix on 00:38 - Jan 27 with 1719 viewsNorthernr

Stranger things was the best thing I watched last year. Bawling my eyes out in my living room at 3am having done the last 5 eps in one sitting.
Bring on House of Cards s5.
Stranger Things on Netflix on 07:18 - Jan 27 with 1630 viewsDevon_4_England

S2 of Stranger Things out this summer.

3% on Netflix is worth a look. Half way through and pretty decent so far
Stranger Things on Netflix on 08:14 - Jan 27 with 1593 viewsPhildo

Watched Bo66y on amazon last night- it is very poignant and really shocking how England (and West Ham) totally neglected the bloke who captained them to the world cup.
Stranger Things on Netflix on 08:19 - Jan 27 with 1582 viewsHAYESBOY

I would add if you haven't seen them, all the Marvel series on Netflix. The best of being Jessica Jones. David Tennant very good as the villain.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Stranger Things on Netflix on 08:35 - Jan 27 with 1564 viewsBasingstokeR

Stranger Things was a patchwork of all sorts, which could've easily gone wrong but I thought was very well done.

House of Cards jumped the shark for me towards the end of S2. It just felt like everything went very quickly and avoiding outright spoiler he got to where he was trying to get a bit easily / it might have been more interesting watching more of him try. I tried a bit of S3 and gave up... should I have kept going?
Stranger Things on Netflix on 08:45 - Jan 27 with 1553 viewsRBlock

Stranger Things is absolutely fantastic. Went to San Sebastian with the missus and spent half the time hungover indoors watching this.
Stranger Things on Netflix on 09:22 - Jan 27 with 1508 views1MoreBrightonR

I LOVED the first couple episodes when you didnt know what was happening but then it tailed off a little....only a little though. Still very good and 100% captured the 80's atomsphere and films. I had to explain to my gf who's 28 about all the films that influenced it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024