Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? 08:39 - Jul 22 with 14568 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Meant to ask this question a few times but this article prompted me. It's a decent thought process without being brilliant from a journalist who is brave though not always logical, but I found it interesting and it's prompted me to finally ask you good people - what is it about Corbyn that scares the Guardian?

http://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2016-07-22/why-corbyn-so-terrifies-the-guardia

I don't read the paper as much as I used to but I follow it on facebook and there's a daily 'cut-and-paste'-type hate-Corbyn article that's almost Orwellian at this stage.

Is the Guardian no longer left-wing?
Is it personal?
Do they support an opponent in particular?
Is he dangerous? Or dangerously bad?

I'd really appreciate any insight.

Now, where's that music thread...
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 8:40]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 14:34 - Sep 24 with 2429 viewswood_hoop

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 13:26 - Sep 24 by QPR_Jim

Problem is we need a strong opposition and he'll never win a general election, not with his policies. What we need is for the labour party to adopt conservative policies so we can have a strong opposition and a more democratic society, or at least that's what they seemed to be suggesting on question time this week.

'Death by a thousand cuts' is what is now so strongly at the Labour Party's feet that Foot will seem like a moderate in the years to come. The Labour Party as has been known since after the WW11 died today.

Corbyn will never unite his party or the electorate, his ideals are of the past, his first and utmost drive is to harrange against those with the power & money, they are a very small percentage of the electorate, totally futile to attack those who use every media outlet to diminish those who speak against them.

You need someone who can get people to distinguish between the lies and deceit the Tories live by and real life, demonstrating with banners, inviting every far left leaning hypocrite to shout their views will not attract any but the already 'converted' and do nothing to appeal to the masses.

Labour in my view will disintigrate over the next decade to become a 'third party' about their only chance of ever getting in Goverment again will be as a coalition partner and then not the major one.
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 14:39 - Sep 24 with 2418 viewsjohncharles

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 13:06 - Sep 24 by TacticalR

For a man who is unelectable he does have a rather strange habit of getting elected.

By the biggest political party in Western Europe.

Strong and stable my arse.

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 14:59 - Sep 24 with 2386 viewsderbyhoop

313,00 votes from Labour members. I presume Labour will get the votes that went to Owen Smith. But you need around 12m to win a General Election. Where are the other 11.5m going to come from? I can't see too many from people who have always been inclined to vote for the party.

Perhaps a Lib Dem revival OR, heaven forbid, UKIP becoming relevant outside its xenophobic and racist base. What a prospect - a right wing Tory government and an even further right opposition.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:10 - Sep 24 with 2361 viewsDiscodroids

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 14:59 - Sep 24 by derbyhoop

313,00 votes from Labour members. I presume Labour will get the votes that went to Owen Smith. But you need around 12m to win a General Election. Where are the other 11.5m going to come from? I can't see too many from people who have always been inclined to vote for the party.

Perhaps a Lib Dem revival OR, heaven forbid, UKIP becoming relevant outside its xenophobic and racist base. What a prospect - a right wing Tory government and an even further right opposition.

'xenophobic and racist base' .

Thank you for adding to the body of human knowledge.

For our part we Racist Ukip Members think the new Labour leadership election is about as relevant to the rest of the country as electing a new chairman for the Wheel tappers and social club.

Listening to Corbyns Victorious Sawdust Caesars on BBC radio 5 just now you would think they have won the General election.

Thankfully with the re election of Corbyn they have been reduced to an Altered states Political Party, floating in a Sensory deprivation tank in the Plasma pool Void and in isolation from the wider Electorate.

And I could not be happier .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:18 - Sep 24 with 2350 viewsBoston

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 14:29 - Sep 24 by 1BobbyHazell

Nothing says "strong opposition" like adopting the policies of the ruling party.

Why are people so desperate for a one party state?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 14:31]

We're desperately in need of a good party.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:18 - Sep 24 with 2350 viewsClive_Anderson

"UKIP becoming relevant outside its xenophobic and racist base."

This is the problem with Corbyn and his followers, anyone who doesn't agree with them is a racist or even worse a Tory and hence mustn't be acknowledged or reasoned with in any way. Sadly for them these others seem to comprise around 70% of the electorate.

You know they are a bit mental when they start calling the Guardian right wing Tories.
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:43 - Sep 24 with 2312 viewsBoston

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:18 - Sep 24 by Clive_Anderson

This is the problem with Corbyn and his followers, anyone who doesn't agree with them is a racist or even worse a Tory and hence mustn't be acknowledged or reasoned with in any way. Sadly for them these others seem to comprise around 70% of the electorate.

You know they are a bit mental when they start calling the Guardian right wing Tories.

I quite like the name Clive.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:54 - Sep 24 with 2302 viewsJigsore

here we go here we go here we f*cking go

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 08:59 - Sep 25 with 2140 viewsessextaxiboy

You had better hope we quit the EU pronto then otherwise a large part of the 17 mil that voted out will protest via UKIP in 2020 .

Members of my family would vote for an empty milk bottle if it had a red rosette on it ...
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 9:09]
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 09:11 - Sep 25 with 2130 viewsElHoop

'Perhaps a Lib Dem revival OR, heaven forbid, UKIP becoming relevant outside its xenophobic and racist base.'

How about something even more outrageous - how about a Labour leadership election involving women and where the woman or women don't finish in last place? I'm sure that it'll happen someday before the sun blows out.
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:13 - Sep 25 with 2023 views1BobbyHazell

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:18 - Sep 24 by Clive_Anderson

So you've taken a quote from someone who isn't a Corbyn supporter but pretended it is just so that you can get your little diatribe in with outstanding sweeping exaggerations like "everyone who doesn't agree with them is a racist". What everyone?! And yet you accuse others of not wanting to reason.

Classic Clive Anderson!
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:16 - Sep 25 with 2017 views1BobbyHazell

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 15:10 - Sep 24 by Discodroids

'xenophobic and racist base' .

Thank you for adding to the body of human knowledge.

For our part we Racist Ukip Members think the new Labour leadership election is about as relevant to the rest of the country as electing a new chairman for the Wheel tappers and social club.

Listening to Corbyns Victorious Sawdust Caesars on BBC radio 5 just now you would think they have won the General election.

Thankfully with the re election of Corbyn they have been reduced to an Altered states Political Party, floating in a Sensory deprivation tank in the Plasma pool Void and in isolation from the wider Electorate.

And I could not be happier .

So you think they should have chosen Chuka Uma's candidate of choice instead? Odd.

Especially given one of Smith's main platforms was that Corbyn doesn't really want to remain in the EU and didn't have his heart in the Remain campaign.

We should look for what brings us together.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 17:28]
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:26 - Sep 25 with 2007 viewsjohncharles

Looking forward to a huge slice of humble pie in the Guardian tomorrow ( with hypocrite sauce )

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:40 - Sep 25 with 1990 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

When I Opened This Thread

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:44 - Sep 25 with 1982 viewsDiscodroids

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:16 - Sep 25 by 1BobbyHazell

So you think they should have chosen Chuka Uma's candidate of choice instead? Odd.

Especially given one of Smith's main platforms was that Corbyn doesn't really want to remain in the EU and didn't have his heart in the Remain campaign.

We should look for what brings us together.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 17:28]

Odd ? not really . I was replying to a sweeping generalisation with one of my own , albeit with the brakes applied .

I suppose I should be thankful that the poster left out educationally subnormal from the usual bermuda triangle of accusation compass points, along with Racist and Xenophobic.

I have no idea where Chuck Uma's name came from.The aggravation reading on my 'agg' Counter reaches critical levels whenever he is on the box.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 18:02 - Sep 25 with 1967 views1BobbyHazell

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:44 - Sep 25 by Discodroids

Odd ? not really . I was replying to a sweeping generalisation with one of my own , albeit with the brakes applied .

I suppose I should be thankful that the poster left out educationally subnormal from the usual bermuda triangle of accusation compass points, along with Racist and Xenophobic.

I have no idea where Chuck Uma's name came from.The aggravation reading on my 'agg' Counter reaches critical levels whenever he is on the box.

I think I took from your original post that you thought Labour would be better off voting in Smith. But as he personifies the Chuka Uma New Labour type I'd have thought you wouldn't see it that way.

Whilst not having much faith in Party Politics I am a loose Corbyn supporter, I loathe Uma and his ilk, I want out of Europe and I don't remotely subscribe to the ignorant generalisation that 'UKIP are all racists' stuff ( posted on here earlier by a NON CORBYN SUPPORTER.)

So anyway, this is what we should really be focusing on...

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 18:09 - Sep 25 with 1952 viewsClive_Anderson

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:13 - Sep 25 by 1BobbyHazell

So you've taken a quote from someone who isn't a Corbyn supporter but pretended it is just so that you can get your little diatribe in with outstanding sweeping exaggerations like "everyone who doesn't agree with them is a racist". What everyone?! And yet you accuse others of not wanting to reason.

Classic Clive Anderson!

You don't think there's any truth in Corbyn supporters thinking the Tories are scum or UKIP are racist? I don't think you've met many of them.
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 18:18 - Sep 25 with 1929 views1BobbyHazell

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 18:09 - Sep 25 by Clive_Anderson

You don't think there's any truth in Corbyn supporters thinking the Tories are scum or UKIP are racist? I don't think you've met many of them.

I'll wager every penny I've got that I've met countless more than you! And actually talked to them too, as opposed to what I'm assuming is your experience of reading about them in a hostile press.

As I was trying to point out it doesn't take a Corbyn supporter to think those things as evidenced by the post you quoted that was actually from a non Corbyn supporter.

I'm just trying tonote to you the irony of your complaint about sweeping generalistions.

Lets save ourselves our usual 20 posts and agree to disagree now!
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 18:35 - Sep 25 with 1909 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 18:18 - Sep 25 by 1BobbyHazell

I'll wager every penny I've got that I've met countless more than you! And actually talked to them too, as opposed to what I'm assuming is your experience of reading about them in a hostile press.

As I was trying to point out it doesn't take a Corbyn supporter to think those things as evidenced by the post you quoted that was actually from a non Corbyn supporter.

I'm just trying tonote to you the irony of your complaint about sweeping generalistions.

'Lets save ourselves our usual 20 posts and agree to disagree now!'

If we deployed this every time someone posted on LFW Clive would be on the breadline rather than wiping his arse on priceless Persian rugs.

: )
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 19:11 - Sep 25 with 1884 viewsClive_Anderson

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 18:18 - Sep 25 by 1BobbyHazell

Well the ones I know think that anyone criticising him is an evil Tory (even other long standing Labour members) and think all the press are making up all the stories about his links to the IRA etc. The stories of Labour MPs and activists being intimidated by Momentum on LabourList and LabourUncut seem to back that up. But fair enough maybe you know more moderate ones than me.

Are you not a Corbyn supporter yourself? He seems like a hard left throwback to the 70s to me rather than a sensible left alternative for modern times.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 19:12]
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 19:29 - Sep 25 with 1866 viewsjohncharles

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 19:11 - Sep 25 by Clive_Anderson

Well the ones I know think that anyone criticising him is an evil Tory (even other long standing Labour members) and think all the press are making up all the stories about his links to the IRA etc. The stories of Labour MPs and activists being intimidated by Momentum on LabourList and LabourUncut seem to back that up. But fair enough maybe you know more moderate ones than me.

Are you not a Corbyn supporter yourself? He seems like a hard left throwback to the 70s to me rather than a sensible left alternative for modern times.

And yet you seem obsessed with him. I VOTED for Corbyn but you have posted a hell of a lot about him than I have.

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 20:18 - Sep 25 with 1809 viewsBrightonhoop

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 19:11 - Sep 25 by Clive_Anderson

IRA? John Major started the peace process with Clinton. Hang 'em! You sound like a 70's throwback yerself.

Actually, has anyone seen CA and Maceo in the same room at the same time?
Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 22:47 - Sep 25 with 1764 viewsLazyFan

Why Does The Guardian Hate Corbyn? on 17:26 - Sep 25 by johncharles

Looking forward to a huge slice of humble pie in the Guardian tomorrow ( with hypocrite sauce )

Yep same old Liberal/Tory lite supporting agenda from the Guardian.

Corbyn: "the vast majority of Labour MPs should not fear deselection."
The Guardian's reporting: "most Labour MPs should not fear deselection."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/25/jeremy-corbyn-most-labour-mps-s

Even the Tory press can quote him correctly when stiring up trouble. Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/25/labour-mps-branded-traitors-at-confer

Here is more unity from the Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/25/jeremy-corbyn-new-consensus-lab

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/25/like-ed-balls-jeremy-corbyn-is-

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/25/labour-moderates-learn-les

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/24/another-labour-leadership-elect

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/25/mcdonnell-defends-calling-femal

The Guardian is not a Labour supporting newspaper so, this is why they hate him.
I think this is proven now.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024