Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairboys Match Thread 12:13 - Jul 22 with 3647 viewsJacksDad

I sent this email to the club ... names have been changed to protect the innocent...!!!

Thank you for taking a moment to read this. My name is Jacks Dad and I have two amazing children. My daughter is 11 and her brother, who is 8. Now my son was born with Down Syndrome and has severe learning difficulties - which is made worse by him being on the Autistic Spectrum and that he has Sensory Processing disorder. He also has has numerous health related issues which have meant extended hospital stays throughout his life (although less so lately, touch wood).

The reason I am telling you this is that my daughter has been unbelievable throughout. She is the most amazing big sister he could have wished for and although he is non-verbal there is no mistaking just how much he loves her. It was my birthday on Wednesday and with the help of my incredible wife (don't get me started on how fantastic she is), My daughter got tickets for the Wycombe friendly on the 22nd, front row, half way line in the family stand, for myself, my wife and my daughter. She is very excited as she hasn't had the opportunity to see us for a long while. My son is not yet in a position to be able to attend matches - but he will one day.

Now I come to the point of the email, I have been ill myself this year, I had a series of heart attacks and a few weeks ago I had a stent procedure ironically at Wycombe hospital. However wonderful my daughter has been previously she has excelled herself since I have been laid up. I was hoping that maybe you could have a word with one of the players and see if he could come over and say hello, make a bit of a fuss. It would mean the world to her and nobody deserves it more than my little girl.

Oh yes and on top of everything this incredible little girl sat her 11 plus exams this year and passed with flying colours, the only girl at her school to do so.

Anything you can do to help I would appreciate

Thank you for listening

This was a couple of weeks ago but I have had no response
Chairboys Match Thread on 12:19 - Jul 22 with 3630 viewshoof_hearted

It's lost in between people. Emails are useless but don't despair - in a pre-season friendly in the front row you shouldn't have any difficulty getting them over for an autograph and a few selfies after the warm up. Get in your seats half an hour before kick off.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 12:19]
Chairboys Match Thread on 19:34 - Jul 22 with 3420 viewsnix

As hoof said, these things can get overlooked, especially if someone is on holiday, off sick etc. Just wanted to add that your daughter sounds amazing, you must be incredibly proud!
Chairboys Match Thread on 19:38 - Jul 22 with 3405 viewsMonkey_Roots

Bah, hang in there mate, maybe they will come through for you.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you are feeling brighter.

Your family sound amazing, and what makes it even better is your appreciation of them. Given all your trials and tribulations it sounds weird to say it, but you're a lucky man.

I hope you get your wish mate.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Chairboys Match Thread on 20:16 - Jul 22 with 3253 viewsDiscodroids

just read your E mail Jacks dad, i hope the club come through for you on this. They simply must. I read it to my mrs and she welled right up, what a courageous, fantastic loving family you have mate.

you would have to have the soul of Martin Boremann not to be touched by this. i wish you every happiness and all the best health in the world.

glenn
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 20:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Chairboys Match Thread on 20:42 - Jul 22 with 3119 viewsBklynRanger

Hope it's all gone well so far Jacks Dad - very touching stuff.

The quality of the stream is blowing my mind a bit I must say - never seen replays like that - techmology eh? Can't beat it.

Hi Karate is a cut above at that level.
Chairboys Match Thread on 20:47 - Jul 22 with 3082 viewsterryb

Chairboys Match Thread on 20:42 - Jul 22 by BklynRanger

Hope it's all gone well so far Jacks Dad - very touching stuff.

The quality of the stream is blowing my mind a bit I must say - never seen replays like that - techmology eh? Can't beat it.

Hi Karate is a cut above at that level.

I assume your watching it Bklyn.

Please could you let someone who won't pay for player how it is going?
Chairboys Match Thread on 21:36 - Jul 22 with 2864 viewsqueensparker

Just got home and turned it on as the final whistle went! 0-0. Probably not a Friday night thriller then
Chairboys Match Thread on 21:40 - Jul 22 with 2813 viewsBklynRanger

Sorry mate just ducked my head back in here. You were right to keep your internet money in your pocket for that second half anyway. Washington was fairly frisky for the first 10 minutes after he came on but it all seeemed a bit huff and puff after that.
Login to get fewer ads

Chairboys Match Thread on 20:51 - Jul 23 with 2003 viewsfrancisbowles

I went and thought El Khayati was good for the first half and the last 20 mins especially that goal attempt from the half way line! Seems we have competition for that problem left sided midfield role... Shodipo, Nas and maybe Washington.
Chairboys Match Thread on 22:29 - Jul 23 with 1883 viewsbosh67

Perhaps resend through these channels if you haven't already. You seem to have an amazing family. I hope someone picks it up. Copy them all in but Andy Evans is one of the main ones to contact.

Head of Media & Communications Ian Taylor iant@qpr.co.uk
-
Press & Media Manager Paul Morrissey paulm@qpr.co.uk 020 8897 5419

Press & Publications Officer Matt Webb mattw@qpr.co.uk 020 8740 2539

Disabled Liaison Officer Jade Strong jades@qpr.co.uk

QPR IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST

Chief Executive Officer Andy Evans andye@qpr.co.uk
-
Community Trust Manager Martino Chevannes martinoc@qpr.co.uk

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chairboys Match Thread on 23:03 - Jul 23 with 1840 viewsthame_hoops

One of the dullest 0-0's I can remember, but I bumped into Herts_ranger and Mbartos, who else remembers these lunatics from the old rivals board days??!
Chairboys Match Thread on 23:38 - Jul 23 with 1798 viewsBrightonhoop

Lovely story Jacks Dad. These children with their difficulties, my daughter has a learning difficulty impossible to describe in a few short words of scientific genetic mutation, are so inspiring. The 'professionals' at the school always used to comment how cocky she was/is, she has an inate self confidence that sweeps all before her. So totally appreciate your pride.

As Bosh said, try iant@ he's a lovely man and will do what he can. Generic emails to the Club generally dont get through. Ians a gentleman...

Good health fella, lovely story, hope it comes right.
Chairboys Match Thread on 10:31 - Jul 25 with 1479 viewsJacksDad

Thanks everyone - I did send it Andy and Ian Taylor too but no response sadly. However we hang around the coach after the game and she was well made up to get DC and BTG to sign her shirt! I am feeling more like myself now and am able to return part time to work thank god.
Chairboys Match Thread on 13:33 - Jul 25 with 1352 viewshoof_hearted

Chairboys Match Thread on 10:31 - Jul 25 by JacksDad

Thanks everyone - I did send it Andy and Ian Taylor too but no response sadly. However we hang around the coach after the game and she was well made up to get DC and BTG to sign her shirt! I am feeling more like myself now and am able to return part time to work thank god.

Is that Washington and Poulter (Blonde Tall German nickname in your family, is he?)

It's a good thing not to have got all the autographs at once. You'll keep her interest longer!

Dan Shittu was always the best with my boy. Crouched down 5 feet for photos and always smiled about it. Jude the cat is always good with the kids in the front row at home matches. Get in the ground half an hour early is the trick and aim for the front of the East Paddock or Lower Loft.
Chairboys Match Thread on 18:33 - Jul 25 with 1279 viewsFredManRave

Chairboys Match Thread on 10:31 - Jul 25 by JacksDad

Great that she at least got a couple of sigs.

And a good sign that you are able to return to work and hopefully things will continue to improve...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Chairboys Match Thread on 22:22 - Jul 25 with 1189 viewsJacksDad

My Mrs is obsessed by the size of Polters feet for some reason? But both were fab with my girl
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024