Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update 18:24 - Jul 23 with 1768 viewsBrightonhoop

Hope this is ok Norf. Brief appeal chaps. We've had a bit of an infestation of ticks this summer due to the normal chemical solutions failing, the ticks have developed an immunity to what usually kills them so have had several problems and related heavy costs. I usually use Scaribor collars which haven't worked this year and Front line which usually prevents the ticks but have been picking them off the dogs like jelly beans(not nice) so need to get blood tests and then managed meds that will manage any tick fever or Leish present.

All a costly business so if any of our supporters can assist at this time it would be greatly appreciated as costs are mounting. The link below is for the Donor page if you can or feel you want to support us. Many thanks to those that already have. These things are sent to test us....

http://www.fivewaysonline.com/#/almeria-dog-fostering/4585234409
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 21:51 - Jul 23 with 1686 viewsdanehoop

Bump

Never knowingly understood

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 23:11 - Jul 23 with 1637 viewsBrightonhoop

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 21:51 - Jul 23 by danehoop

Bump

Humbled as ever fellas, you know who you are, thank you. There are times that are impossible, I had to turn a stray away last week, placed him with another rescue locally as the landlord was going mental. It was so parched it was drinking from the hose I use to wash the shit debris away.
Anyway I took in some ferrel kittens to keep the mice and rat population down back in May, logic being the snakes follow the rats, so iliminate the rats and the snakes go elsewhere. Rocky has been very fatherly to them, amazingly. There's a pic of him sharing his meal with them on the donor page (no idea how to upload here) but I told him I wouldn't tell his mates...haha. Fcking amazing these street dogs they pay back yard per inch.
Thank you as always.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 02:31 - Jul 24 with 1595 viewsBoston

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 23:11 - Jul 23 by Brightonhoop

Humbled as ever fellas, you know who you are, thank you. There are times that are impossible, I had to turn a stray away last week, placed him with another rescue locally as the landlord was going mental. It was so parched it was drinking from the hose I use to wash the shit debris away.
Anyway I took in some ferrel kittens to keep the mice and rat population down back in May, logic being the snakes follow the rats, so iliminate the rats and the snakes go elsewhere. Rocky has been very fatherly to them, amazingly. There's a pic of him sharing his meal with them on the donor page (no idea how to upload here) but I told him I wouldn't tell his mates...haha. Fcking amazing these street dogs they pay back yard per inch.
Thank you as always.

Where do you live, the fckin jungle?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 07:57 - Jul 24 with 1557 viewscyprusmel

Brighton, what is your registered charity number and I will see if any one here will help you.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 08:12 - Jul 24 with 1553 viewsBrightonhoop

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 02:31 - Jul 24 by Boston

Where do you live, the fckin jungle?

Ha, Spanish desert, the jungles for wimps lol.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 08:21 - Jul 24 with 1544 viewsBrightonhoop

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 07:57 - Jul 24 by cyprusmel

Brighton, what is your registered charity number and I will see if any one here will help you.

Hello Mel, That's good of you thank you. e haven'r registered as a charity, although may need to, because the costs are prohibitive, not like the UK, when I looked into it cost were upwards of £5000 which is crazy, I could do a lot with £5000. The spanish paperwork is a bit of a hurdle too so we operate on a basis of trust with a group of supporters we try not to turn to too often. I think I did an appeal at Xmas and then generally when problems like this arise. There's other hurdles too, like I should really have a zoological licence. Here you even need a licence to paint your house.

So I know not everyone is comfortable giving that way and may prefer the formality of what we know in the UK such as being a Registered Charity therefore it is up to individuals to decide what they are comfortable with on the informal basis on which we run. Here it's quite normal, very few charities register because the costs are prohibitive.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 11:12 - Jul 24 with 1477 viewsjohncharles

On it's way this morning

Strong and stable my arse.

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 13:37 - Jul 24 with 1441 viewsBrightonhoop

Thank you John.
Login to get fewer ads

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 15:03 - Jul 26 with 1338 viewswestberksr

sent a bit over today; hope it helps
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 17:01 - Jul 26 with 1295 viewsBrightonhoop

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 15:03 - Jul 26 by westberksr

sent a bit over today; hope it helps

Thank you mate, that's very kind of you, much appreciated.

Trying to get the landlord to fumigate the land as well, or the problem is just going to repeat. Perfect tick conditions and they have developed an immunity to many of the treatments.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 13:43 - Aug 5 with 1164 viewsBrightonhoop

Thank you for the donation sent this morning, one of the Scandinavian Hoops. Thank you for your generosity as always, very much appreciated.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 20:39 - Aug 20 with 1089 viewsBrightonhoop

Thank you to whoever just donated. Very timely. Jago got bitten by a small snake this afternoon, drew blood and covered in spit and saliva so keeping a very close eye on him this evening and the emergency vet on speed dial.
So far, so good. Fcking snakes. Fcking Preston NE.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 07:27 - Aug 21 with 1015 viewsBrightonhoop

Thank you, you know who you are.

Jago seems fine this morning, didn't sleep so well keeping one eye open for him but is showing no signs of having been bitten so far today.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 12:44 - Aug 30 with 900 viewsBrightonhoop

Brief update and appeal folks. It's been a hell of a month crowned with one of the dogs getting a snake bite amongst other things and one of the kittens being shot over the weekend. The kitten is fortunately ok but needed to be operated on and a pellet removed due to th proximity to her spine. operated on yesterday and collected this morning. We've got a good idea who shot her but cant prove anything without evidence but he's on notice and has a few sleepless nights to look forwards too.Cant say anymore currently.
Bills to the vet are now a bit overwhelming so if anyone can help our donation page is here:

http://www.fivewaysonline.com/#/almeria-dog-fostering/4585234409

Thank you to all who have helped already, I don't think I could do this without your help.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 21:01 - Aug 30 with 825 viewsBrightonhoop

Thank you to all. It is a huge help.
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 09:37 - Aug 31 with 743 viewsQPR_Jim

Who shoots a kitten ffs? That's really annoyed me, hope the person in question gets to feel a similar pain soon. (Bump)
Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 727 viewsBrightonhoop

Dog Fostering Appeal/Update on 09:37 - Aug 31 by QPR_Jim

Who shoots a kitten ffs? That's really annoyed me, hope the person in question gets to feel a similar pain soon. (Bump)

Some of the locals are little better than savages. We've had words.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024