Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one 10:06 - Jul 24 with 1975 viewsloftboy

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 10:36 - Jul 24 with 1288 viewsBklynRanger

I don't approve of butter on sandwiches but I've had a sausage sandwich a few times that had butter on it and I must admit it did add to the experience. But I still couldn't bring myself to put butter on it if I was making it at home. I have a similar relationship with mayonnaise. On one side seems enough to me though. Any more than that and you're going to run into issues of filling slippage which is the last thing any of us would want.
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 10:42 - Jul 24 with 1278 viewsloftboy

My girlfriend said she's never heard of anyone but me buttering both slices whereas I have never heard of anyone doing just one,so I thought I would choose lfw as a decider as we have the most knowledgeable fanbase on any subject.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 10:43]

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:16 - Jul 24 with 1230 viewsDylanP

Wow, we really are bored, aren't we? The Olympics start in a couple of weeks and that should hold you over until the season starts! Hang in there.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:19 - Jul 24 with 1223 viewsjohncharles

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:16 - Jul 24 by DylanP

Wow, we really are bored, aren't we? The Olympics start in a couple of weeks and that should hold you over until the season starts! Hang in there.

Do they have bread buttering at the Olympics ? That could be exiting.

Strong and stable my arse.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:26 - Jul 24 with 1216 viewsToast_R

Both sides? So when holding the sandwich then you get buttery fingers?

I wonder if Rob Green does the same for his pre match
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:31 - Jul 24 with 1207 viewsloftboy

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:26 - Jul 24 by Toast_R

Both sides? So when holding the sandwich then you get buttery fingers?

I wonder if Rob Green does the same for his pre match

Not both sides,just both slices ie the side that's facing inwards on the sandwich!

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:32 - Jul 24 with 1203 viewsloftboy

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:16 - Jul 24 by DylanP

Not bored Dylan,there's a lot riding on the result of this!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 11:35]

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:39 - Jul 24 with 1187 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A few weeks back having landed on the red eye from NYC, the cab picked me up at LHR and as we drove home, I called an emergency pit-stop and exited with the following items:

1. Milk
2. Dry cured bacon and
3. Warburton's thick slice white bread (I am sure you know in view of item two, why item three was purchased!)

Once home, I brewed a cup of English Breakfast (can't get a decent cuppa in the US due to the over fluoridation of their water) and getting back to the subject matter: I threw the rule book out the window, went totally off-piste and....put HP sauce* on one side of the bread and Dijon mustard on the other.

First time I've done such a thing and it just fooking well worked and frankly, I've no idea how I reached the tender age of 50 without thinking of doing this before!

So, it would seem the options open to me do not include: two spreads and if you like a bacon sandwich try it.

* brown sauce for those norf of Watford!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 12:55 - Jul 24 with 1121 viewsMonahoop

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:19 - Jul 24 by johncharles

Do they have bread buttering at the Olympics ? That could be exiting.

Probably more exciting than most of the other events. Is there an anti doping agency for butter spreaders? I'd hate to think there are cheats in that event like there are in all the others.

I spread just one slice. Two is just plain greedy.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 13:04 - Jul 24 with 1112 viewsjohncharles

Yes on both sides and the butter and the and the filling should go to the edges not everything plonked in the middle like supermarket sandwiches. About an inch of bread all round with bugger all on it.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 19:04]

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 15:35 - Jul 24 with 1045 viewsfrancisbowles

Quality granary bread, filling of choice and sliced vine tomatoes. Add a little black pepper and perhaps a little onion.

No need for spread or dressing of any kind and no added salt. Best enjoyed with a pot of good old tea.
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 17:32 - Jul 24 with 988 viewsPunteR

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:39 - Jul 24 by PlanetHonneywood

A few weeks back having landed on the red eye from NYC, the cab picked me up at LHR and as we drove home, I called an emergency pit-stop and exited with the following items:

1. Milk
2. Dry cured bacon and
3. Warburton's thick slice white bread (I am sure you know in view of item two, why item three was purchased!)

Once home, I brewed a cup of English Breakfast (can't get a decent cuppa in the US due to the over fluoridation of their water) and getting back to the subject matter: I threw the rule book out the window, went totally off-piste and....put HP sauce* on one side of the bread and Dijon mustard on the other.

First time I've done such a thing and it just fooking well worked and frankly, I've no idea how I reached the tender age of 50 without thinking of doing this before!

So, it would seem the options open to me do not include: two spreads and if you like a bacon sandwich try it.

Dijon mustard??...on a bacon sarnie??

I do wonder about some of you lot on here sometimes...

Back to the OP..
I butter one side only. Then put the sandwich filling in, lets just say for arguments sake bacon and ketchup. (you hear me Honney boy!). Then put the 2nd slice of bread on top,like a lid. All the ingredients are there, stacked from the bottom slice upwards.
That's all there is too it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 17:42 - Jul 24 with 976 viewsBklynRanger

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 13:04 - Jul 24 by johncharles

Yes on both sides and the butter and the and the filling should go to the edges not everything plonked in the middle like supermarket sandwiches. About an inch of bread all round with bugger all on it.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 19:04]

No no no, did the Protestant Reformation mean nothing to you sir? You want burger right to edge of the bread thing?! The point of a burger eating experience is to balance one's bread bap intake against one's increasing burger nibblage. Ending as it does in a triumphant four bites of pure burger-bappage!
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 17:48 - Jul 24 with 968 viewsPunteR

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 17:42 - Jul 24 by BklynRanger

No no no, did the Protestant Reformation mean nothing to you sir? You want burger right to edge of the bread thing?! The point of a burger eating experience is to balance one's bread bap intake against one's increasing burger nibblage. Ending as it does in a triumphant four bites of pure burger-bappage!

Amen brother..

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 18:42 - Jul 24 with 930 viewswestberksr

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 17:42 - Jul 24 by BklynRanger

I'm gonna guess that auto correct was at play and that should be bugger all. In the case of a sandwich, the supermarket style 'fat middle, skinny edge' is one of my pet hates meaning that I'd rather just have a bar of chocolate than one of those.

Burgers, I agree.

Sandwich, butter both slices obviously. You win the bet in my household.
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 19:11 - Jul 24 with 897 viewsjohncharles

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 18:42 - Jul 24 by westberksr

I'm gonna guess that auto correct was at play and that should be bugger all. In the case of a sandwich, the supermarket style 'fat middle, skinny edge' is one of my pet hates meaning that I'd rather just have a bar of chocolate than one of those.

Burgers, I agree.

Sandwich, butter both slices obviously. You win the bet in my household.

Thank you. I have since corrected it. The auto correct is obviously American and gets as many burgers in as possible.
Raymond Chandler says in one of his wonderful Philip Marlowe books - Americans will eat anything that's got a bit of lettuce sticking out the sides.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 19:16 - Jul 24 with 894 viewsToast_R

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:31 - Jul 24 by loftboy

Not both sides,just both slices ie the side that's facing inwards on the sandwich!

Ok I ge it now.

Peculiar. In what univerese would anyone make a conscious decision to not butter both slices of bread in a sandwich. Seriously why the f@ck would you not unless the butter had ran out on the second slice?

Butter or spread acts as an oil base to stop the bread from going soggy from the sandwich filling. Especially handy when salads involved.

My personal faves - BLT in the morning, Tuna mayo for lunch. Tea time (like a Sunday for instance when your main meal was the afternoon roast -Cheese Salad - The bollocks.

Special mention for the Xmas Day evening traditional Turkey sandwich with a few Silverskin pickled onions.
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 19:19 - Jul 24 with 889 viewsBklynRanger

'Gonna guess' is really quite American though :)
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 19:22]
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 19:52 - Jul 24 with 857 viewsBoston

It takes two to tango...budda and be damned.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 19:55 - Jul 24 with 855 viewsjohncharles

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 19:19 - Jul 24 by BklynRanger

'Gonna guess' is really quite American though :)
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 19:22]

It's not Westberksr that's having dig at American food, it's me.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 21:00 - Jul 24 with 825 viewsBoston

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 11:39 - Jul 24 by PlanetHonneywood

1. Milk
2. Dry cured bacon and

Fluoride. Wish Mrs Boston was here as she had some paperwork on this the other day anyway, I think you'll find that the UK allows more of this in their water than the US. Inclusion is a decision made locally over here, my authority does, but another I'm aware of does not, with around 60% of the US adding it. I believe that the UK regions also have varying positions on this substance. What do you think of the famous Irish cuppa...I'm sure Mrs B said they were awash in the stuff?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 21:02]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 21:33 - Jul 24 with 794 viewsBklynRanger

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 19:55 - Jul 24 by johncharles

It's not Westberksr that's having dig at American food, it's me.

Right then, let's have it. I think a Cinnabon is eleven times more healthy than a quarter of a pound of laverbread. Also you can buy a Cinnabon very easily at a number of roadside service stations in the Estados Unidos whereas with laverbread you have to get a woman in traditional dress to make it for you at a folk museum.
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 21:48 - Jul 24 with 778 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Half a pack of butter on each slice please. Why on Earth would anyone want to eat a slice of dry bread??? Freaks.
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 21:59 - Jul 24 with 765 viewsPunteR

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 21:48 - Jul 24 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Half a pack of butter on each slice please. Why on Earth would anyone want to eat a slice of dry bread??? Freaks.

But it's not a slice of dried bread is it.
If you make a sandwich properly you dont need to slap more butter on it.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 22:01 - Jul 24 with 763 viewskingshill

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 21:48 - Jul 24 by Hoop_Du_Jour

This.
And the butter must go right up to the crust, no gaps
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024