Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one 10:06 - Jul 24 with 1974 viewsloftboy

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 22:03 - Jul 24 with 597 viewsWokingR

There is actually some science to this and one side or two depends on the filling. Apparently the butter is supposed to keep the bread from going soggy so if the filling was all egg mayo then you would butter both top and bottom. If on the other hand you had meat topped with sauce, relish or tomato then you would only butter the slice on top.
I think it was the chef Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall who did all the research and testing and then basically said sod it, butter tastes too good to only have on one side.
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 22:05 - Jul 24 with 595 viewsBklynRanger

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 22:01 - Jul 24 by kingshill

This.
And the butter must go right up to the crust, no gaps

In theory you should have the edge on this subject because your name is similar to a brand of bread
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 23:29 - Jul 24 with 570 viewsPunteR

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 22:05 - Jul 24 by BklynRanger

In theory you should have the edge on this subject because your name is similar to a brand of bread

You'd think ToastR was the expert on bread.
The man is clearly an amateur..
;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 00:26 - Jul 25 with 564 viewsjohncharles

Bread is only there as something to put butter on.

Strong and stable my arse.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 00:39 - Jul 25 with 561 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 00:26 - Jul 25 by johncharles

Bread is only there as something to put butter on.

Nothing better than a fresh crusty baguette with butter, no filling, just crusty bread and butter.

Gonna have that tomorrow i reckon, with a frothy americano.

OOOOOOO, MATRON!
in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 505 viewslondonscottish

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 10:42 - Jul 24 by loftboy

My girlfriend said she's never heard of anyone but me buttering both slices whereas I have never heard of anyone doing just one,so I thought I would choose lfw as a decider as we have the most knowledgeable fanbase on any subject.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 10:43]

Bizarre thread is bizarre.

I've never HEARD of buttering just one slice of bread and yet there are several one-siders on this board who seem to think it's in some normal and/or acceptable.

We live amongst them....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 15:48 - Jul 25 with 499 viewsJeff

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 15:31 - Jul 25 by londonscottish

Bizarre thread is bizarre.

I've never HEARD of buttering just one slice of bread and yet there are several one-siders on this board who seem to think it's in some normal and/or acceptable.

We live amongst them....

Exactly. These people have names, these people have addresses, these people are able to VOTE.

2016 man, i just don't know...

Can we not knock it?

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 16:06 - Jul 25 with 488 viewsbob566

I suppose the saying "which side your bread is buttered on" came from this very debate.
Login to get fewer ads

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 17:42 - Jul 25 with 463 viewswombat

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 16:06 - Jul 25 by bob566

I suppose the saying "which side your bread is buttered on" came from this very debate.

Both sides always , thick sliced ideally
On a bacon sarnie has to be equal measures of ketchup and if you can get it HP Guinness flavoured sauce .

Slightly off pist question white bread or brown bread ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 18:12 - Jul 25 with 452 viewsBoston

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 17:42 - Jul 25 by wombat

Both sides always , thick sliced ideally
On a bacon sarnie has to be equal measures of ketchup and if you can get it HP Guinness flavoured sauce .

Slightly off pist question white bread or brown bread ?

White for that type of sandwich.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 20:56 - Jul 25 with 422 viewswombat

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 18:12 - Jul 25 by Boston

White for that type of sandwich.

So when does a brown bread slip into the equation ?

Cheddar ploughman NO
Prawn Mayo MAybe

Salt beef Hell No

Poll: which is your favouite foot

in a sandwich put butter/spread on both slices of bread or one on 00:23 - Jul 26 with 383 viewskensalriser

As a metropolitan middle class liberal it's sourdough whole rye for me. Butter, both sides. If you've got a problem with the fat, just don't butter it, don't faff around trying to hedge your bets. Show some conviction. And nothing that's not proper butter unless it's dripping - no spreads made of hydrogenated oil, chemicals and air, filthy stuff. Or magarine. Only Donald Trump is worse than marge and that's a close call.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024