Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? 11:15 - Jul 24 with 1991 viewsDylanP

What's up with JET? When you look at his game, you would think that he would be exactly what we needed; a big, strong center forward who has good feet and knows where the goal is. Conventional wisdom would have it that players like Connor Washington or Charlie Austin (last season) need that sort of presence alongside them to thrive. And yet he has never seemed to be taken seriously. Last year he joined the side, scored in quite a few of the preseason games but never really got a settled place in the side and ended up going out on loan. He is now back and has scored in the friendlies but agains I get the sense that he isn't really thought of as a starter. Why not? What am I missing?

Opinions?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 11:21 - Jul 24 with 1971 viewsCroydonCaptJack

You are missing opinions yes but I'm sure some will be along soon.

For me it seems he is a frustrating player that hadn't achieved what he should. Let's hope Jimmy can get something out of him eh.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 11:21 - Jul 24 with 1970 viewsWatford_Ranger

History would suggest he's more concerned with being #swazzy than training hard and being a proper centre-forward

A tendency to see himself as some sort of fancy dan David Silva number ten.

An ego and work rate to match Ibrahimovic.

He's obviously got ability but you don't get bombed out of every club that takes a chance on you for no reason.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 11:24 - Jul 24 with 1960 viewsLblock

Blokes a waster I reckon

Don't matter if you have all the ability in the world, if you're not right mentally then it's going to go to waste

For reference please see Adel Tarrabat Esquire for an extreme example

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 11:40 - Jul 24 with 1924 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 11:21 - Jul 24 by Watford_Ranger

History would suggest he's more concerned with being #swazzy than training hard and being a proper centre-forward

A tendency to see himself as some sort of fancy dan David Silva number ten.

An ego and work rate to match Ibrahimovic.

He's obviously got ability but you don't get bombed out of every club that takes a chance on you for no reason.

This!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 12:44 - Jul 24 with 1808 viewscaliforniahoop

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 11:40 - Jul 24 by PlanetHonneywood

This!

With the right mindset he could be the perfect CF, I fear for his future.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 13:03 - Jul 24 with 1758 viewshoopdog

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 12:44 - Jul 24 by californiahoop

With the right mindset he could be the perfect CF, I fear for his future.

He's not the first we've spoken about like that at the club tho Al
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 13:19 - Jul 24 with 1720 viewscaliforniahoop

True my good friend, true, how are you?
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 13:25 - Jul 24 with 1706 viewsbosh67

I have a feeling JFH has been told he has to get something out of JET this season. The FFP fine will be settled this season, probably 8-10 million and that won't leave much for any new players. JET needs a lot of man management and I personally feel that either Paul Furlong or Sir Les should be assigned as his mentor. With the influence of someone telling him what is good bad and ugly I think he could score a lot of goals and finally settle. It is very much last chance saloon but the lad is only 25 and he should be coming in to his prime about now. If he had a better attitude he would probably still be at Arsenal. He has all the ability in the world so let's hope we can finally see him produce it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 1690 viewshoopdog

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 13:19 - Jul 24 by californiahoop

True my good friend, true, how are you?

Yeah so so didn't renew last year but hoping JFH can get me to this season I'll give it 4 or 5 games before I decide
How about you still going to renew ? , I'll keep an eye out for you at the Leeds game if your there
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 14:17 - Jul 24 with 1597 viewsNorthernr

All the talent in the world, none of the application.
No need for him to change, in the modern game he still gets filthy stinking rich despite being booted out by Arsenal, Ipswich, Cardiff, Bristol City and no probably us.
So I wouldn't hold your breath.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 14:18 - Jul 24 with 1596 viewscaliforniahoop

I think we are 2/3 players away from top 6, I like what's going on this preseason, fingers x.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 14:34 - Jul 24 with 1562 viewsenfieldargh

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 13:25 - Jul 24 by bosh67

I have a feeling JFH has been told he has to get something out of JET this season. The FFP fine will be settled this season, probably 8-10 million and that won't leave much for any new players. JET needs a lot of man management and I personally feel that either Paul Furlong or Sir Les should be assigned as his mentor. With the influence of someone telling him what is good bad and ugly I think he could score a lot of goals and finally settle. It is very much last chance saloon but the lad is only 25 and he should be coming in to his prime about now. If he had a better attitude he would probably still be at Arsenal. He has all the ability in the world so let's hope we can finally see him produce it.

JFH 197 l career goals
Les 184 " "
Furs 230 " "
Oldfield 74 "

That's 685 senior career goals between 4 players on qpr staff

If they cant help him then he really will disappear down the plug hole, albeit with several quid in his pocket to stuff up his nose

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 14:42 - Jul 24 with 1550 views18StoneOfHoop

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 14:17 - Jul 24 by Northernr

All the talent in the world, none of the application.
No need for him to change, in the modern game he still gets filthy stinking rich despite being booted out by Arsenal, Ipswich, Cardiff, Bristol City and no probably us.
So I wouldn't hold your breath.

Hold your breath LFW punters and ignore the northern curmudgeon dear leader.

Can't wait for May to come along and then have the satisfaction of bringing this thread out after JET's enjoyed a 15/20 goal season.

#IBelieveInSwazz

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 18:22 - Jul 24 with 1281 viewsLblock

If the geezer scores more than 10 for us I'll buy you a pint and lunch plus lend Blob a tenner

#safebet

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 21:22 - Jul 24 with 1081 viewsLadbrokeR

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 18:22 - Jul 24 by Lblock

If the geezer scores more than 10 for us I'll buy you a pint and lunch plus lend Blob a tenner

#safebet

So JET for 10 goals. The thing is nobody knows if Jimmy is going to select him. There's a few posts that suggest that financial prudence is the order of the day and that JET will have to step up as nobody else is on the horizon. Have a look at the competition Washington is unproven and really hasn't had a chance. Polter reminds of a light heavy weight boxer and I love him but alas I fear he won't become a prolific goal scorer. Also the one up front scenario probably means that JET won't get many starts.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 23:18 - Jul 24 with 994 viewsconnell10

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas: What's up with him? on 14:42 - Jul 24 by 18StoneOfHoop

Hold your breath LFW punters and ignore the northern curmudgeon dear leader.

Can't wait for May to come along and then have the satisfaction of bringing this thread out after JET's enjoyed a 15/20 goal season.

#IBelieveInSwazz

JET ......AHHHH AHHH ................SAVES EVERYONE OF US!!!!!!! JUMBO IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024