Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? 19:46 - Jul 24 with 3030 viewsDylanP

I cannot fathom why people would be writing off El Khayatti. He came to us young and with no experience at this level, so it is hardly surprising that there will be an adjustment period. But he has looked great in short patches. He has speed, hunger, skillful feet, and confidence to attack. Yes, he is nowhere near the finished article, but that is exactly the type of player EVERYONE agrees we should be looking to develop.

With good goalies and a solidifying defence, it is possible that our success this season will hinge on whether or not El Khayatti, Washington, and JET can develop into the players that we hoped we were buying. If that is true, then maybe we should be focusing on giving the three of them the time to develop and prove themselves, instead of writing them off at the first possible opportunity.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 20:27 - Jul 24 with 2959 viewsLblock

He's not young though is he?

Skilful player and cuts in great from the left. My only fear with him is his physique

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 20:43 - Jul 24 with 2915 viewsHAYESBOY

Not a winger in my opinion. More of a back up for Chery as a no 10 or should I say competition for Chery. No doubt he is technically good on the ball, just don't think he is the type to track up and down the line. A good squad player.

Smells like a trout farm in here

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 21:01 - Jul 24 with 2859 viewschris1969

Not young and physically not going to fill out. Not quick either. Think he's not strong enough for the championship and is not a 90min player.

On the positive side quick feet and clearly talented but an impact sub at best.
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 21:26 - Jul 24 with 2785 viewscaliforniahoop

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 20:43 - Jul 24 by HAYESBOY

Not a winger in my opinion. More of a back up for Chery as a no 10 or should I say competition for Chery. No doubt he is technically good on the ball, just don't think he is the type to track up and down the line. A good squad player.

Yep, a good back up No 10
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 21:51 - Jul 24 with 2743 viewseghamranger

Was quite impressed when he came on as sub last season, needs to be given game time
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 22:01 - Jul 24 with 2718 viewsDorse

I like him - once he stick a few murderous crosses into the box for BFG / DC / JET (other acronyms pending) everyone will relax a bit.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 22:05 - Jul 24 with 2707 viewsrsonist

I haven't seen anyone writing him off. Some justifiably wondering if he can dominate the first team all season, but that's it - supportive otherwise.

A lot of writing his name down wrong though.
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 00:44 - Jul 25 with 2575 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Who?
Login to get fewer ads

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 07:14 - Jul 25 with 2477 viewsdaveB

I thought he looked decent last season but pretty much standard at QPR to write a player off if they are not brilliant from day 1
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 08:18 - Jul 25 with 2404 viewsbosh67

He has some great skill and I think he is a very dangerous player in the box. We just need to get him into it. He seems to be a natural finisher.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 09:05 - Jul 25 with 2341 viewsDiscodroids

A Happy shopper / Nisa version of a Liverpool FC dated Yossi Benayoun . Competent squad player and on his day can add something a bit out of the normal, to what looks to me, an honest workman like team.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 12:00 - Jul 25 with 2201 viewsDando

Great impact sub, gives defenders a lot to think about and can chip in with goals. But looks anything but quick to me. Find him very slow and relies more on tricks than beating players down the wing. All up for giving players a chance, but think its clear he should be a squad player. Same goes for Gladwin - who seems to go missing in games.

I really hope we can get some more pace and attacking threat into the midfield, as our goalkeeper is excellent, our defence is very solid too (except rb if ned). Cousin and Chery are excellent too, but if they are playing alongside others who are slow and not on the same level, then we are not going to get the best out of them
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 14:23 - Jul 25 with 2110 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not worried about his age. One day people will finally realise that players 'peak' at different times. Conventional wisdom is that players 'peak' at around 29-31. In fact, that's balls. Michael Owen peaked at 18 - as did Rooney. Paul Furlong peaked at about 35/36. You could even argue Clint Hill played his best football at around 37. Ditto Ray Wilkins.
Nasser's not a world beater and I have him pegged as a very useful impact sub. But he may well surprise us - skillful player.

Bare bones.

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 15:27 - Jul 25 with 2037 viewshoopdog

Gordon Bennett 26/27 ain't young dear oh dear !
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 2035 viewscaliforniahoop

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 15:27 - Jul 25 by hoopdog

Gordon Bennett 26/27 ain't young dear oh dear !

Hoopdog, we are old dogs 😂😂😂
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 11:27 - Jul 26 with 1875 viewsTacticalR

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 08:18 - Jul 25 by bosh67

He has some great skill and I think he is a very dangerous player in the box. We just need to get him into it. He seems to be a natural finisher.

Dare I say it, he's a bit Mahrez-like in the box, because he stands up and looks around and defenders know they can't chop him down. Outside the box they can be a more confident of shoving him off the ball.

As Ned Zelic would say, it's time for some 'havoc in the box'.

Air hostess clique

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 14:25 - Jul 26 with 1802 viewsadhoc_qpr

Few glimpses of quality off the bench so far, but with Phillips and Junior gone he should get much more game time for us to figure out whether he can be a consistent starter and contributor in the Championship.

When he's started 5+ games in a row, we can start to assess him i'd say
El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 14:38 - Jul 26 with 1778 viewshoopdog

El Khayatti -- another player people are writing off too quickly? on 15:29 - Jul 25 by californiahoop

Hoopdog, we are old dogs 😂😂😂

Did you have to say that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024