Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predictions For The Season? 21:02 - Jul 24 with 5161 viewsDylanP

So, they say that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame (5 minutes, now that we are in the internet age). Well as I won the Prediction League last season, I am claiming my 5 minutes and using it to start this thread.

What's your prediction for the season? What are your expectations? What would be reasonable achievement, and what would be utter disappointment?

I'm going bold and am predicting a play-off push.I know there is a lot of talk about this is the hardest championship in ages. I don't care. I know that there is a lot of gelling necessary before the group of players we have can even be described as a team. Yup, got it.I know that predicting doom and gloom is always easier than visioning a brighter future. And, I know that QPR usually let me down. But it was bold predictions that won me my 5 minutes (three now) so, I'm choosing to zig where others choose to zag!

Prediction: Play-off push. Washington, JET, and Al-Khayati all get slow starts but the gaffer sticks with them and by Xmas they are making him look like a genius.

Reasonable Achievement: 10th spot of better.

Utter Disappointment: Under 10th place.

Right, I got one minute left .... what do you think? Glass half full, or reaching for another glass of scotch?

[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 21:02]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Predictions For The Season? on 21:03 - Jul 24 with 2993 viewsBoston

8th

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Predictions For The Season? on 21:05 - Jul 24 with 2985 viewsBlackCrowe

Anywhere between 6th and 10th.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Predictions For The Season? on 21:30 - Jul 24 with 2959 viewsBucksRanger

15th or 16th.

This season will be remembered for the huge number of 0-0 draws.
Predictions For The Season? on 21:49 - Jul 24 with 2930 viewseghamranger

I think between 4th and 8th if we get a decent goalscorer in and bfg and Washington get a few.

Think we have a decent defence and won't concede a lot.
Predictions For The Season? on 21:58 - Jul 24 with 2915 viewsDorse

I think we'll do alright. The defence is finally looking like it's sorted and this is what we've been lacking since the Championship season. Games will be tight but I think we'll have a good run and finish in the top 6. Whether we'll go up is entirely another matter.

Yes I am a mug.
Yes I am a happy clapper.
I'm out and proud baby.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Predictions For The Season? on 22:00 - Jul 24 with 2912 viewsMrSheen

11th. Hard to beat. Hard to watch.
Predictions For The Season? on 22:02 - Jul 24 with 2905 viewsWeaverQPR

I can't see us doing much more than last year.

@WeavQPR

Predictions For The Season? on 22:29 - Jul 24 with 2879 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I reckon we will lose some, in which QPR fans go into meltdown everytime with 20 posts about Washington not being good enough, Hasslebaink not good enough, no one good enough.
Then we will win some, and QPR fans will go into meltdown over the fans who were criticising the players beforehand. Small talk of "Can we push for a play off place?"
Then we will draw some. Causing a complete 50/50 split of QPR fans eventually ending in an argument over politics somehow.
Eventually we will finish 10th. Everyone goes on holiday.
And repeat.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Predictions For The Season? on 22:33 - Jul 24 with 2876 viewsWokingR

And I'm pretty sure we'll lose our first game
We always do
Predictions For The Season? on 23:12 - Jul 24 with 2840 viewsBAWHoops

8th - 12th

A flirt with Play Offs but essentially building blocks put in place

Luongo, Cousins, Chery, Washington, Polter all finish season as better players than at the start.
The slow build every fan said they wanted continued and in 2017/18 we push on again and maybe make Play Offs

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Predictions For The Season? on 23:42 - Jul 24 with 2822 viewsLblock

I predict a boring snoozefest of a season

I predict a ridiculous nickname for JFH if he starts wearing a woolly beanie hat

I predict a diet..... about October time

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Predictions For The Season? on 23:44 - Jul 24 with 2819 viewsWilloW4

Predictions For The Season? on 22:02 - Jul 24 by WeaverQPR

I can't see us doing much more than last year.

I agree, unless a goal poacher can appear alongside bfg and con etc...can't see us scoring many goals but a tidy defence will see some / lots of draws... I'm not sure JFH is really going to play .."fast, attacking football".... Happily be proven wrong.
Predictions For The Season? on 00:02 - Jul 25 with 2801 viewsdavman

12th - 16th. A slow start, lots of boring 0-0s and 1-0s that could have gone either way, a good run over Xmas (really!) to fall away over Easter.

Oh, and despite the fact that we'll not be in any danger of going up or down, we give up on both cup competitions before we've even started.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Predictions For The Season? on 00:54 - Jul 25 with 2775 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Epic borefest. 16th.
Predictions For The Season? on 01:14 - Jul 25 with 2766 viewsHooparoo

Predictions For The Season? on 22:00 - Jul 24 by MrSheen

11th. Hard to beat. Hard to watch.

This. Lots of 0-0 I fear

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Predictions For The Season? on 01:15 - Jul 25 with 2766 viewsHooped_Pullie

If we don't make progress (and particularly if we invest in a few more bodies between now and September 1) I can see JFH (and maybe Les) under a fair bit of pressure, maybe not all of it from the fans.

I anticipate a win one, lose one, draw one type season until or unless Washington or A N Other start banging them in big time.

Very hard though, to see how these 46 will play out. Looks tough, but so did 2010/11, and look at what happened there...
Predictions For The Season? on 02:37 - Jul 25 with 2750 viewsFredManRave

Bloody Hell Dylan, that's a fine line. 10th Reasonable Achievement, 11th Utter Disappointment!

Present squad would suggest mid table obscurity because although we should be fairly difficult to beat I just don't see where the goals will co.e from to convert the one pointers into three, hence midtable.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Predictions For The Season? on 07:42 - Jul 25 with 2681 viewskomradkirk

I would love another play off experience but feel we may just fall short for a decent 8th
Predictions For The Season? on 08:37 - Jul 25 with 2624 viewsstevec

Haven't got a clue, just feels like a very incomplete team.
Predictions For The Season? on 08:38 - Jul 25 with 2624 viewsMonahoop

9th.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Predictions For The Season? on 08:42 - Jul 25 with 2613 viewsDiscodroids

A Grinding Season and a war of attrition to finish somewhere in the median range of 1oth - 13th . Were steady Eddie Charlton at the crucible 1977 . The defence looks Solid but the midfield, out wide and up front looks as uncomfortable and awkward as a ker plunk stick coated in Vicks Vapour rub dropped down the japs eye.

With the current set up I just cannot see Polter , Washington or Cherry getting more than 25-30 tops between them . If there is more than 15 goals in the rest of the current squad as it stands today, combined, i'll vote Michelle Obama & James Corden singing in falsetto in his car as the greatest comedy scene of all time.

More important for me is the continued improvement in the clubs Fiscal wellbeing, The introduction of young players to the first team , establishing a system from youth to reserves to first team, and thus a bedrock for improvement on the field in the long term. Im hoping JFH gets time to do this.

Bizarrely, i can see us going on a decent'ish run in one of the cup competitions.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 8:47]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Predictions For The Season? on 08:51 - Jul 25 with 2595 viewsRs_Holy

Predictions For The Season? on 08:37 - Jul 25 by stevec

Haven't got a clue, just feels like a very incomplete team.

We've really struggled to score goals against the likes of Northampton and Wycombe so you have to wonder how the hell are we going to score in the Championship???
I'd settle for 15th right now!
Predictions For The Season? on 08:53 - Jul 25 with 2593 viewsLadbrokeR

Predictions For The Season? on 08:42 - Jul 25 by Discodroids

A Grinding Season and a war of attrition to finish somewhere in the median range of 1oth - 13th . Were steady Eddie Charlton at the crucible 1977 . The defence looks Solid but the midfield, out wide and up front looks as uncomfortable and awkward as a ker plunk stick coated in Vicks Vapour rub dropped down the japs eye.

With the current set up I just cannot see Polter , Washington or Cherry getting more than 25-30 tops between them . If there is more than 15 goals in the rest of the current squad as it stands today, combined, i'll vote Michelle Obama & James Corden singing in falsetto in his car as the greatest comedy scene of all time.

More important for me is the continued improvement in the clubs Fiscal wellbeing, The introduction of young players to the first team , establishing a system from youth to reserves to first team, and thus a bedrock for improvement on the field in the long term. Im hoping JFH gets time to do this.

Bizarrely, i can see us going on a decent'ish run in one of the cup competitions.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 8:47]

I would agree fully with 'The introduction of young players to the first team , establishing a system from youth to reserves to first team, and thus a bedrock for improvement on the field in the long term. Im hoping JFH gets time to do this. '

I think we'll aiming to the make top six
Predictions For The Season? on 09:17 - Jul 25 with 2562 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For the first time in decades I'm happy with how the club is being run so this season's first-team results aren't that important to me. I'd like to see progression towards a recognisable style and towards player development and I'd like to see a professional work ethos. After that, anything better than mid-table and I'll be happy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Predictions For The Season? on 09:21 - Jul 25 with 2548 viewsMetallica_Hoop

6th

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024