Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predictions For The Season? 21:02 - Jul 24 with 5158 viewsDylanP

So, they say that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame (5 minutes, now that we are in the internet age). Well as I won the Prediction League last season, I am claiming my 5 minutes and using it to start this thread.

What's your prediction for the season? What are your expectations? What would be reasonable achievement, and what would be utter disappointment?

I'm going bold and am predicting a play-off push.I know there is a lot of talk about this is the hardest championship in ages. I don't care. I know that there is a lot of gelling necessary before the group of players we have can even be described as a team. Yup, got it.I know that predicting doom and gloom is always easier than visioning a brighter future. And, I know that QPR usually let me down. But it was bold predictions that won me my 5 minutes (three now) so, I'm choosing to zig where others choose to zag!

Prediction: Play-off push. Washington, JET, and Al-Khayati all get slow starts but the gaffer sticks with them and by Xmas they are making him look like a genius.

Reasonable Achievement: 10th spot of better.

Utter Disappointment: Under 10th place.

Right, I got one minute left .... what do you think? Glass half full, or reaching for another glass of scotch?

[Post edited 24 Jul 2016 21:02]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Predictions For The Season? on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 1021 viewsdanehoop

Agree largely with honneywood. The club is being completely rebuilt after profound periods of disjointed and inconsistent/ incoherent changes. The basics are now in place, but we look to be lacking in a few key areas to be really genuinely pressing for play offs. Les and JFH know that are looking to address it, but until they do I think we will be one of those dour teams that noone enjoys playing or watching. Anywhere between 17th and 7th at the moment. Add in a bit if quality in midfield and upfront and we could sneak into lower playoff positions. Seeing how JFH set up Burton Albion I see us grinding out wins by the odd goal or tight low/no score draws. Certainly won't be sexy football.

Never knowingly understood

Predictions For The Season? on 09:23 - Jul 27 with 1014 viewsaston_hoop

I thought we'd push mid-table in that second Premiership season and we were roundly shat on. So on that basis, I can't be too positive at this stage or it will all go wrong again! I'd happily take anything where we are not remotely troubled by relegation but with the emergence of some of the youth players in to first team players, good seasons from players like Luongo and Washington who have the talent but now need to step up. Oh, and a cup run of any kind of description.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Predictions For The Season? on 09:25 - Jul 27 with 1005 viewsBostonR

League - 8th

FA Cup - 5th Round

League Cup (or whatever it is called) 4th Rnd.
Predictions For The Season? on 09:32 - Jul 27 with 996 viewsSuffolkHoop

I was feeling pretty confident until last night. We weren't great, only Smithies impressed.

10th, LC 1st Round, FA 3rd Round
Predictions For The Season? on 11:30 - Jul 27 with 951 viewsrsonist

Certainly becoming concerned with the pre-season performances. JFH getting everyone fit and clear with what he wants was more important than transfers IMO but it doesn't sound like much progress has been made. Sounds like the Borysiuk injury was the one we could have least done with. Transfer front seems to be hitting the skids too.
Predictions For The Season? on 15:59 - Jul 27 with 900 viewsDejR_vu

Based on the current squad, relegation scrap.

There doesn't look to be very many goals in the team. As solid as the defence looks in most departments, Onuoha is an absolute liability. If he plays he's a massive weak link and we'll concede. If he doesn't we'll have a better chance but we'll draw a lot of games.

JFH's pressing game is great if it's allied to a bit of quality. But the quality that's left hasn't been replaced so, without one or two creative players being added, I think we'll have a load of headless chickens with no end product.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Predictions For The Season? on 16:12 - Jul 27 with 875 viewsvegasranger

Unless we replace Hoilett and Phillips at the minimum we will be bottom half all season. Really could do with a bustling, pacy striker.
Predictions For The Season? on 16:19 - Jul 27 with 866 viewsPinnerPaul

Predictions For The Season? on 15:59 - Jul 27 by DejR_vu

Based on the current squad, relegation scrap.

There doesn't look to be very many goals in the team. As solid as the defence looks in most departments, Onuoha is an absolute liability. If he plays he's a massive weak link and we'll concede. If he doesn't we'll have a better chance but we'll draw a lot of games.

JFH's pressing game is great if it's allied to a bit of quality. But the quality that's left hasn't been replaced so, without one or two creative players being added, I think we'll have a load of headless chickens with no end product.

We'll have to see but as we know ourselves, teams relegated nearly always have serious defects at the club or lack of organisation, team spirit.

And despite people picking 10 teams at random and declaring then "strong" and saying it will be a tough division, I really can't see us being worse than all of them bar two.
Login to get fewer ads

Predictions For The Season? on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 838 viewssimmo

Predictions For The Season? on 16:12 - Jul 27 by vegasranger

Unless we replace Hoilett and Phillips at the minimum we will be bottom half all season. Really could do with a bustling, pacy striker.

We've got one.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Predictions For The Season? on 16:45 - Jul 27 with 831 viewswhittocksRs

Have a feeling this season is going to be very similar to the perios Paolo Sousa was in charge. We'll be hard to break down, relatively robust in the middle and a bit blunt up top. Plenty on 0-0s, 1-1s and 1-0 wins and losses. Whether we make the play-offs depends if heavily on how well the teams around us can attack and whether most of the 1-0s are wins or losses.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2016 16:53]
Predictions For The Season? on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 825 viewswestberksr

I suspect extended periods of boredom and monotony; think that will be the JFH style with lots of low scoring encounters.

Might actually work in this division but won’t be pretty (as opposed to shit, which is what it’s mostly been for the past few years)
Predictions For The Season? on 20:02 - Jul 27 with 769 viewscollegeranger

13th - middle table mediocrity. JFH gone start of March. Clint Hill appointed manager next day.
Predictions For The Season? on 20:12 - Jul 27 with 765 viewsJamie

Lower mid table at Xmas, JFH forced out, lower mid table in May.

As predictable as it will be ridiculous.
Predictions For The Season? on 10:00 - Jul 28 with 688 viewsAntti_Heinola

Predictions For The Season? on 20:12 - Jul 27 by Jamie

Lower mid table at Xmas, JFH forced out, lower mid table in May.

As predictable as it will be ridiculous.

Jamie's back! And he's still the happy-go-lucky chap he was the last time he was here!
We will be mid-table or lower mid-table. But JFH won't be forced out.

Bare bones.

Predictions For The Season? on 10:24 - Jul 28 with 670 viewshopphoops

Oh you mediocrity mongers! 4th I tell you.

In answer to the OP's question, my glass is full. It's a 'Bob Malcolm' - layers of gin, blue curacao, dry martini, blue curacao again, and grappa, in a pint mug with a red sugared rim. Better on the eye than the stomach but it gets you bollixed.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2016 10:24]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Predictions For The Season? on 10:47 - Jul 28 with 652 viewsDiscodroids

Just seen that Kevin Mcdonald has gone to fulham . Given our central midfield has about as much creativity as a fu cked etch-a-sketch in the hands of Ken Shamrock , im a bit sick about this one.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Predictions For The Season? on 10:53 - Jul 28 with 640 viewshoof_hearted

I predict:-

The bloke at the far end of the row will turn up a minute after kick off and again after half time. He'll stop to chat with a mate 5 rows back while we're all standing waiting for him with the back of our legs crippled against the folded seats.

The bar staff will not be expecting a rush about 46 minutes after kick off so won't have pre-poured any beers.

The troughs in the gents will be partially blocked by a mastic like combination of gum and phlegm so a putrid yellow lake will form ensuring splashback is maximised.

At least one chemical warfare grade rancid fart will waft around per match.

GETTING EXCITED NOW - SEASON'S NEARLY HERE
Predictions For The Season? on 10:55 - Jul 28 with 637 viewspaulparker

im going for 9th , if we have our first eleven available then I think we will be very hard to beat , I don't expect free flowing football either
the test will come when we pick up injuries and relying on Karl Henry in the centre of midfield ,
I still expect us to sign another 3 players and hopefully we have a creative midfielder (Pritchard) and a striker
if we can do that I see no reason why we cant have a decent season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Predictions For The Season? on 11:51 - Jul 28 with 610 viewsJeff

Predictions For The Season? on 10:00 - Jul 28 by Antti_Heinola

Jamie's back! And he's still the happy-go-lucky chap he was the last time he was here!
We will be mid-table or lower mid-table. But JFH won't be forced out.

we haven't had a really good doom and gloom merchant since Spirit of Gregory / Rangers are Back / whatever she called her many personalities left.

QPRDave made a spirited attempt to fill the void, but since his departure there's an obvious vaccum to fill, and Jimmy and Les have made no obvious attempts to fill it.

(8th-10th, with plenty of 0-0 draws...)

Can we not knock it?

Predictions For The Season? on 11:58 - Jul 28 with 600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Seems clear we'll be signing a few more. A lot depends on who they are, when we get them and how quickly they settle in.

Far too early for predictions from me, especially as I haven't seen the friendlies.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Predictions For The Season? on 12:19 - Jul 28 with 588 viewsDannyPaddox

On a good day it'll be 1-0 to the QPR. There will also be a fair few 0-0s and 1-1s. There will be the occasional 0-1. Any game with three goals will feel like a goal-fest. This season wont be pretty. It wont be Laura Ashley. We will win in the play-offs with a late goal from on-loan striker Bobby Zimmer-Zamora.
Predictions For The Season? on 13:04 - Jul 28 with 558 viewsR_from_afar

I'm really not sure where we'll finish but if I see eleven passionate, organised players - however ordinary - on that pitch, trying their hardest whether we have the ball or not and showing they are proud to wear our lovely new badge, the club will have progressed and with a bit of luck, we might just manage to surprise a few clubs and even flirt with the play-offs.

"If...."

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Predictions For The Season? on 13:09 - Jul 28 with 557 viewsRangersDave

Lower half of the league until Christmas, then relegation battle and just surviving.

I fail to see any improvement under JFH at the moment, and this I think will show this year.
Maybe he needs more time, maybe he's for the chop by Crimbo. Who knows, but you can almost write the story each year......... Fail to start well, fail to go anywhere.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Predictions For The Season? on 13:56 - Jul 28 with 545 viewsellersliehoop

Predictions For The Season? on 13:09 - Jul 28 by RangersDave

Lower half of the league until Christmas, then relegation battle and just surviving.

I fail to see any improvement under JFH at the moment, and this I think will show this year.
Maybe he needs more time, maybe he's for the chop by Crimbo. Who knows, but you can almost write the story each year......... Fail to start well, fail to go anywhere.

We didn't actually start that badly last season, after we won at Huddersfield we were 4th from memory...................then downhill

Given we're weaker than last season attacking wise I suspect bottom third
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024