Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pig bag ? 23:18 - Jul 24 with 1344 viewsconnell10

Who used it first us or boro?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pig bag ? on 23:34 - Jul 24 with 1328 viewsPunteR

Us. ?
What year did pig bag come in?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Pig bag ? on 23:39 - Jul 24 with 1313 viewsLblock

Us. Definitely

I'm also sure we were the original users of "Cheer Up Sleepy Jean - Daydream Believer" that relegation season when an American brass band were at the game around the Lord Mayors show

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pig bag ? on 23:52 - Jul 24 with 1294 viewsrsonist

Original released 1981, Oakenfold dance remix repopularised 1995.

Can't recall myself as before my time but according to Joe Hylton here the club officially started playing it 1998 after three years of us adopting it.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-39764.html

As for Boro there are differing recollections here:

http://search.catflaporama.com/post/browse/535757926
Pig bag ? on 23:58 - Jul 24 with 1283 viewsdavman

The story goes that during that freak result when they went up and we were crap yet managed to do them 5-0 at LR, they fans heard it so often, they stole it for themselves. Whether true or not, I couldn't care, it's what I choose to believe!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pig bag ? on 00:16 - Jul 25 with 1261 viewsrsonist

Pig bag ? on 23:58 - Jul 24 by davman

The story goes that during that freak result when they went up and we were crap yet managed to do them 5-0 at LR, they fans heard it so often, they stole it for themselves. Whether true or not, I couldn't care, it's what I choose to believe!

That is still the freakiest of freak results I can ever remember. No rhyme or reason to it. Formbook back to normal right after.

Bet Mark Kennedy still lies awake at night wondering what might have been if only he'd signed.
Pig bag ? on 01:04 - Jul 25 with 1225 viewsHooped_Pullie

Pig bag ? on 00:16 - Jul 25 by rsonist

That is still the freakiest of freak results I can ever remember. No rhyme or reason to it. Formbook back to normal right after.

Bet Mark Kennedy still lies awake at night wondering what might have been if only he'd signed.

Will not forget it, long as I liveā€¦

Remember walking to the ground (and my ST seat in Block V) thinking that a good performance and an 0-2 home defeat would be acceptable.

Utterly in shock at half time, shaking all the way home after the game, with a combination of joy and sheer amazement.

Ah, the memories...
Pig bag ? on 02:29 - Jul 25 with 1198 viewsFredManRave

Pig bag ? on 23:58 - Jul 24 by davman

Great story and one that I too am going choose believe.

Great game as well. Even at 4-0 up at HT me and my bro were convinced we'd still manage to fcuk it up.

And as for Kennedy, just how bloody good was he for those 6 (?) games. A pleasure to watch in between plenty of pain.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Pig bag ? on 07:13 - Jul 25 with 1119 viewsdaveB

QPR started singing it in 1994/95 season, think t started at liverpool away. Boro started it a few years later.

I stll think me being a student in Boro in 96 and singing Pigbag on the way home from clubs in the early hours may have had an impact, we used to try and get the song played wherever we went
Login to get fewer ads

Pig bag ? on 08:20 - Jul 25 with 1035 viewsconnell10

Thanks for the input , so we can safely say we used it first! UP YOURS BORO! ...........sorry.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pig bag ? on 08:51 - Jul 25 with 987 viewsCamberleyR

They don't even use "Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag" they use that hideous Paul Oakenfold (filth supporter) re-working, "Reach Up" by Perfecto Allstarz.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pig bag ? on 09:23 - Jul 25 with 948 viewsHayesender

For those who used to go away regularly in the 90's, you will probably be familiar with Neil, aka Harold Bishop.

Well, I'm pretty sure he started it away to Everton around 94

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pig bag ? on 09:33 - Jul 25 with 928 viewsBrightonhoop

Early to mid nineties I seem to remember with the club playing the song a few years later. Also seem to remember a game against Grimsby and this bloke in the school end conducting us in X Block after the third went in. :-D Felt for him really, up at the crack of dawn to follow them to LR, watched them get hammered, and all he had to look forwards to was going home to Grimsby....
Pig bag ? on 15:14 - Jul 25 with 701 viewsfrancisbowles

That Middlesborough game! Ididn't have a season ticket in those days as worked away a lot but went to every home match when I was around , except that one!

Somehow, I missed the fact that we had a match. First I knew of it was when I heard the resulton the radio as I was driving to Gatwick the next morning. 5-0 and I had missed it!
Pig bag ? on 17:39 - Jul 25 with 642 viewsmarkrtid

It was us.

From the horses mouth. Chris Hamlin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024