Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With 2 weeks to go 08:49 - Jul 25 with 4585 viewsLadbrokeR

I must admit i haven't seen us play not least because pre season freindlies have never really caught my imagination. Lee Cook has come out and said without further investment we'll fail to acheive. I understand that the polish lad Boyistock (sp) is injured but have we played a game with Lynch, Bidwell, and Cousins in the team. Has anyone really got an idea of what our first eleven will look like ?
I have reports that Shodipo who i have read was born in Dublin is close to breaking through. I have regulalry read reports that we need 2 wingers and another striker and i am not so sure that we are going to get them. Caulker i read has been playing quite well and Sandro (for the minute) is still around. Polter has got a point to prove. According to most sources Newcastle will walk this league and Norwich wont be far behind. Here's something we know our way around the championship let's just see.
With 2 weeks to go on 09:35 - Jul 26 with 1244 viewspaulparker

With 2 weeks to go on 21:40 - Jul 25 by PunteR

Looks like Pritchard is on our shopping list..

Agree with you PP. We look like a team thats hard to beat which makes a change. Chery,Washington, and even JET might surprise us and bag a few as well..
I'm still not convinced Caulker will be playing with us this season though.

agree with Caulker , I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club let alone a first choice centre back same as Jet , these players have a billy big bollox attitude who should be made to train on there own until they find another club , if we have signed Lynch to be here for the next 3 years then play him

Pritchard would be a good signing because he can play wide, centre mid or behind the striker he gives us options, if we can pull off this signing then we have a real chance

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

With 2 weeks to go on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 1237 viewsdaveB

With 2 weeks to go on 09:35 - Jul 26 by paulparker

agree with Caulker , I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club let alone a first choice centre back same as Jet , these players have a billy big bollox attitude who should be made to train on there own until they find another club , if we have signed Lynch to be here for the next 3 years then play him

Pritchard would be a good signing because he can play wide, centre mid or behind the striker he gives us options, if we can pull off this signing then we have a real chance

I think Lynch has been injured but for me well worth playing Caulker in pre season to try and attract interest in him and hope someone buys him. I'd start him in the Leeds game as well if he is still here. If we stick him with the kids then the price will drop significantly as well
With 2 weeks to go on 10:29 - Jul 26 with 1195 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think we had targets but it's proved much hard/impossible to get them in i.e. the French boys and we are now scouring the market with everyone else rather than going for highly targeted players.

Ultimately, the only way i can us improving enough to threaten the playoffs is through getting a couple of top notch prem youngsters on loan ala Walker and Routledge a few years ago.
With 2 weeks to go on 10:36 - Jul 26 with 1184 viewspaulparker

With 2 weeks to go on 09:40 - Jul 26 by daveB

I think Lynch has been injured but for me well worth playing Caulker in pre season to try and attract interest in him and hope someone buys him. I'd start him in the Leeds game as well if he is still here. If we stick him with the kids then the price will drop significantly as well

we had these problems last year Dave putting players who arnt interested in the shop window , caulker I presume has an agent let him earn his corn and get him a club ,
he should be no where near QPR or any of its squads and its not up to us to put up with half arse performances whilst we wait for the likes of Hull to come up with a loan offer
if Lynch is injured play Ned & Hall as Centre backs and put in Furlong or Perch as right back , play players who are going to be here and want to play here
sandro , Toszer , Caulker and jet should be made to train in the park on there own

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

With 2 weeks to go on 11:13 - Jul 26 with 1144 viewsdaveB

With 2 weeks to go on 10:36 - Jul 26 by paulparker

we had these problems last year Dave putting players who arnt interested in the shop window , caulker I presume has an agent let him earn his corn and get him a club ,
he should be no where near QPR or any of its squads and its not up to us to put up with half arse performances whilst we wait for the likes of Hull to come up with a loan offer
if Lynch is injured play Ned & Hall as Centre backs and put in Furlong or Perch as right back , play players who are going to be here and want to play here
sandro , Toszer , Caulker and jet should be made to train in the park on there own

I know what you mean but if those players end up staying then we have a split in the dressing room so best to involve them and I wouldn't be surprised to see Caulker end up staying. Also sends out a bad message to players we want to bring in that the second we don't want you we will treat you like crap to get rid of you
With 2 weeks to go on 11:21 - Jul 26 with 1120 viewsellersliehoop

With 2 weeks to go on 11:13 - Jul 26 by daveB

I know what you mean but if those players end up staying then we have a split in the dressing room so best to involve them and I wouldn't be surprised to see Caulker end up staying. Also sends out a bad message to players we want to bring in that the second we don't want you we will treat you like crap to get rid of you

I would 100% play Sandro & Caulker, we're not exactly loaded with quality and they would improve the team. If they play well and get sold then we can re-invest the money in the team
With 2 weeks to go on 11:22 - Jul 26 with 1117 viewseghamranger

Too add to that Caulker owes us and is a decent player but went off the rails. JFH sees him in training every day and is no mug, if he reckons he is owe first team centre back now, then I'm happy with that.

Let's not slate the bloke before Christmas at least.
With 2 weeks to go on 11:24 - Jul 26 with 1113 viewsNorthernr

With 2 weeks to go on 11:21 - Jul 26 by ellersliehoop

I would 100% play Sandro & Caulker, we're not exactly loaded with quality and they would improve the team. If they play well and get sold then we can re-invest the money in the team

You mean you'd play Sandro for an hour or so one game in every six, seeing as that's all the fcking crock can manage?
Login to get fewer ads

With 2 weeks to go on 11:25 - Jul 26 with 1108 viewsellersliehoop

With 2 weeks to go on 11:24 - Jul 26 by Northernr

You mean you'd play Sandro for an hour or so one game in every six, seeing as that's all the fcking crock can manage?

If we cant shift him what else are we going to do with him?
With 2 weeks to go on 11:26 - Jul 26 with 1097 viewsNorthernr

With 2 weeks to go on 11:25 - Jul 26 by ellersliehoop

Not much. You can't play him here because he's never bloody fit and we can't sell him to somebody else because he's never bloody fit.
With 2 weeks to go on 11:28 - Jul 26 with 1092 viewseghamranger

With 2 weeks to go on 11:25 - Jul 26 by ellersliehoop

Loan him anywhere... Gets a wage or part of off our books. That's if he passes a medical🙄
With 2 weeks to go on 11:30 - Jul 26 with 1088 viewsellersliehoop

With 2 weeks to go on 11:26 - Jul 26 by Northernr

Not much. You can't play him here because he's never bloody fit and we can't sell him to somebody else because he's never bloody fit.

Well when he is fit he might as well be used, on the odd occasions he has strung a few games together he has improved the team.............in my opinion!
With 2 weeks to go on 11:35 - Jul 26 with 1075 viewsfrancisbowles

With 2 weeks to go on 11:30 - Jul 26 by ellersliehoop

Well when he is fit he might as well be used, on the odd occasions he has strung a few games together he has improved the team.............in my opinion!

I don't think JFH wants part timers this his first, hopefully, full season! Caulker and JET are being assessed to see if they can mend their old ways. Sandro has no chance.
With 2 weeks to go on 11:40 - Jul 26 with 1062 viewspaulparker

but we would have a spilt in the dressing room anyway , if sandro and Caulker are on say 40k a week plus and Lynch is on say 7k , we then have players t0ssing it off and not caring as they see it as easy money , that's been the problem at this club since TF took over and one we have tried to get rid of having the likes of caulker going through the motions and waiting for a club to pick him up sends the wrong message
also we have hardly treated caulker like crap , he had a chance and p1ssed it up the wall
he also had another chance to play for koeman at soton and he p1ssed that up the wall to , he isn't a good example to have around the squad for the other players so fcuk him
let him train in the park and then the other players can see that QPR do not tolerate second rate performances, managers like Graham & Fergie wouldn't of put up with it

With 2 weeks to go on 11:47 - Jul 26 with 1055 viewsAntti_Heinola

With 2 weeks to go on 11:40 - Jul 26 by paulparker

but we would have a spilt in the dressing room anyway , if sandro and Caulker are on say 40k a week plus and Lynch is on say 7k , we then have players t0ssing it off and not caring as they see it as easy money , that's been the problem at this club since TF took over and one we have tried to get rid of having the likes of caulker going through the motions and waiting for a club to pick him up sends the wrong message
also we have hardly treated caulker like crap , he had a chance and p1ssed it up the wall
he also had another chance to play for koeman at soton and he p1ssed that up the wall to , he isn't a good example to have around the squad for the other players so fcuk him
let him train in the park and then the other players can see that QPR do not tolerate second rate performances, managers like Graham & Fergie wouldn't of put up with it

You mean serial drinker George Graham who managed a team that had several alcoholics in it? Admittedly, they didn't let Arsenal down on the pitch, but let's not get too misty eyed.
It's also widely known that Fergie was adept at keeping stories concerning the likes of Giggs and in particular Nicky Butt out of the papers - he looked after those players and got the best out of them - he didn't make them train in the park. Management is never that simple or cut and dried.

Having said that, broadly I'm with you. I think we should sell Caulker as soon as possible. But possibly the best way to do that is to reintegrate him into the squad *if he's willing to work*. If he is, the other players won't care how much he's on. They would have known about that before they signed anyway. If JFH truly believes he is turning his life around, we'd be fools to make him just train in the park. We wouldn't get any money for him if we wanted to sell and he wouldn't be doing anything for his cash.

Sandro certainly a lost cause however.

Bare bones.

With 2 weeks to go on 11:53 - Jul 26 with 860 viewsderbyhoop

I'm very happy if Caulker can be turned into the player he should be, by JFH. He has all the qualities required to be one of England's best centre backs, apart from his off field behaviour. If that has been sorted he will be a real asset. If he's not playing for us then we should be able to command a very decent fee.

JET Is similar. Attitude isn't a patch on his ability. If JFH can get the best out of him, he will be valuable. But, too many previous clubs testify that the attitude is not going to change.

If they relapse into previous behaviour we're better off without either.

As for Sandro. An expensive waste of space. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

With 2 weeks to go on 11:54 - Jul 26 with 853 viewsstevec

Think you're all being a bit harsh on Sandro. Hunched shoulders, bit of a swagger, he'd make a perfect Jude the Cat.
With 2 weeks to go on 12:12 - Jul 26 with 823 viewspaulparker

With 2 weeks to go on 11:47 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

You mean serial drinker George Graham who managed a team that had several alcoholics in it? Admittedly, they didn't let Arsenal down on the pitch, but let's not get too misty eyed.
It's also widely known that Fergie was adept at keeping stories concerning the likes of Giggs and in particular Nicky Butt out of the papers - he looked after those players and got the best out of them - he didn't make them train in the park. Management is never that simple or cut and dried.

Having said that, broadly I'm with you. I think we should sell Caulker as soon as possible. But possibly the best way to do that is to reintegrate him into the squad *if he's willing to work*. If he is, the other players won't care how much he's on. They would have known about that before they signed anyway. If JFH truly believes he is turning his life around, we'd be fools to make him just train in the park. We wouldn't get any money for him if we wanted to sell and he wouldn't be doing anything for his cash.

I agree that Fergie was a master of keeping stories out of the press and yes Arsenal had a team of drinkers (actually most clubs did in them days ) but Graham would come down hard on those who took it to far, players like Merson would be fearing for there places if they were caught ,
Fergie also got rid of the best CB in the country in Paul McGrath because he was a headache and a pain the backside to deal with
now if Caulker has knuckled down and changed his life and said I intend to stay at QPR

With 2 weeks to go on 12:14 - Jul 26 with 817 viewspaulparker

With 2 weeks to go on 11:47 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

I agree that Fergie was a master of keeping stories out of the press and yes Arsenal had a team of drinkers (actually most clubs did in them days ) but Graham would come down hard on those who took it to far, players like Merson would be fearing for there places if they were caught ,
Fergie also got rid of the best CB in the country in Paul McGrath because he was a headache and a pain the backside to deal with
now if Caulker has knuckled down and changed his life and said I intend to stay at QPR for the long term I could understand , but he isn't interested in us or the clubs long term he is only interested in another pay day, so why should we do him a favour we tried this with Fer, Sandro, & Hoilett last year and it didn't work ,
pay his contract up or offer him a settlement , either that or let him rot

With 2 weeks to go on 12:22 - Jul 26 with 787 viewsAntti_Heinola

With 2 weeks to go on 12:14 - Jul 26 by paulparker

now if Caulker has knuckled down and changed his life and said I intend to stay at QPR for the long term I could understand , but he isn't interested in us or the clubs long term he is only interested in another pay day, so why should we do him a favour we tried this with Fer, Sandro, & Hoilett last year and it didn't work ,
pay his contract up or offer him a settlement , either that or let him rot

I just think JFH may be playing it a bit smarter here. Talk him up, say he's reformed, say how happy he is with him... then sell him. Just abandoning him is expensive and doesn't really do anyone any favours.

Bare bones.

With 2 weeks to go on 12:28 - Jul 26 with 778 viewsenfieldargh

Watched Cobblers & Wycombe ;as many have said, the defence is looking the best set of players we've had in ages. Hope Jack Robinson gets fit, his long throws looked awesome.

Luongo really needs to step up, as roaming around midfield making tackles is not enough, he needs to be more productive with his passing and get on the score sheet.

Like the look of Cousins

Up front BFG has got to get consistent and use his size and pace plus he does have skill to more use.

As for Connor I hope he finds his mojo.

Shopido does look promising but still very raw.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

With 2 weeks to go on 12:41 - Jul 26 with 757 viewspaulparker

With 2 weeks to go on 12:22 - Jul 26 by Antti_Heinola

I just think JFH may be playing it a bit smarter here. Talk him up, say he's reformed, say how happy he is with him... then sell him. Just abandoning him is expensive and doesn't really do anyone any favours.

you could be right there lets hope so

With 2 weeks to go on 13:58 - Jul 27 with 619 viewsLadbrokeR

With 2 weeks to go on 12:28 - Jul 26 by enfieldargh

Watched Cobblers & Wycombe ;as many have said, the defence is looking the best set of players we've had in ages. Hope Jack Robinson gets fit, his long throws looked awesome.

Luongo really needs to step up, as roaming around midfield making tackles is not enough, he needs to be more productive with his passing and get on the score sheet.

Like the look of Cousins

Up front BFG has got to get consistent and use his size and pace plus he does have skill to more use.

As for Connor I hope he finds his mojo.

Shopido does look promising but still very raw.

This is interesting as i have read through some of the posts on WATRBs relating to the pre season and they aren't pretty. I haven't seen us.
With 2 weeks to go on 19:51 - Jul 27 with 561 viewsBurnleyhoop

We're a long way from the finished article and the performances in pre-season have been pretty poor. Not sure I can face many more games watching Henry passing the ball backwards and side wards....painful. The loss of Borysuik is a big one as it was hoped him and cousins would provide the power and pace from the base of midfield. El Karate deserves a start as he has been the best performer in ps. Washington and Chery to support the bfg.

A decent first 11' but not much depth otherwise.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024