Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With 2 weeks to go 08:49 - Jul 25 with 4625 viewsLadbrokeR

I must admit i haven't seen us play not least because pre season freindlies have never really caught my imagination. Lee Cook has come out and said without further investment we'll fail to acheive. I understand that the polish lad Boyistock (sp) is injured but have we played a game with Lynch, Bidwell, and Cousins in the team. Has anyone really got an idea of what our first eleven will look like ?
I have reports that Shodipo who i have read was born in Dublin is close to breaking through. I have regulalry read reports that we need 2 wingers and another striker and i am not so sure that we are going to get them. Caulker i read has been playing quite well and Sandro (for the minute) is still around. Polter has got a point to prove. According to most sources Newcastle will walk this league and Norwich wont be far behind. Here's something we know our way around the championship let's just see.
With 2 weeks to go on 08:56 - Jul 25 with 3539 viewsLblock

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

With 2 weeks to go on 08:58 - Jul 25 with 3537 viewsJeff

Current Starting XI vs Leeds is Probably:

Smithies
Bidwell
Hall
Caulker
Onouha

Cousins
Luongo

Washington / El Khayati
Chery
Gladwin / Shopido

Polter

Whilst Lee cook is generally talking out of his @rse and needs to lay off the sauce a bit, we do definitely need at least one winger and one striker, however in a sellers market it's proving difficult, so we may end up getting loans or cast offs.

Can we not knock it?

With 2 weeks to go on 09:10 - Jul 25 with 3514 viewsLadbrokeR

With 2 weeks to go on 08:56 - Jul 25 by Lblock

With a vintage tootal cravat and an one or two other indicators of satorial elegance. I will remind you of this little exchange.
With 2 weeks to go on 10:37 - Jul 25 with 3370 viewsStanisgod

With 2 weeks to go on 08:58 - Jul 25 by Jeff

Current Starting XI vs Leeds is Probably:

Smithies
Bidwell
Hall
Caulker
Onouha

Cousins
Luongo

Washington / El Khayati
Chery
Gladwin / Shopido

Polter

Whilst Lee cook is generally talking out of his @rse and needs to lay off the sauce a bit, we do definitely need at least one winger and one striker, however in a sellers market it's proving difficult, so we may end up getting loans or cast offs.

If Ned is our first choice full back for the season the rest of the divisions wide men must be licking their lips 😱😱

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

With 2 weeks to go on 10:50 - Jul 25 with 3331 viewskensalriser

Agree, Ned at RB is not inspiring.

Can't really see us signing anyone else before the season starts now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

With 2 weeks to go on 10:57 - Jul 25 with 3307 viewsNorthernr

Has Perch dropped off the face of the earth?
With 2 weeks to go on 11:05 - Jul 25 with 3275 viewsdaveB

I think we'll be organised and hopefully hard to beat but going to struggle to score enough goals to challenge which is fine imo. That could all change with a few signings but looking at the squad the first aim has to be get to 50 points and don't get sucked into a relegation battle. My hope for the season is the team develops and ends up looking like a team who could challenge for the top 4 the following season.
With 2 weeks to go on 11:08 - Jul 25 with 3262 viewsMaggsinho

With 2 weeks to go on 10:57 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Has Perch dropped off the face of the earth?

Fallen from his perch you mean?
Login to get fewer ads

With 2 weeks to go on 11:11 - Jul 25 with 3250 viewsNorthernr

We're well short, wide and in attack, but I'm not sure how we solve that TBH. We're not going to get promoted from the league with the teams that are in it this season anyway, so we shouldn't break the bank and risk a transfer embargo next season when we've got a better chance. That said, parachute payments are quickly draining away.

We're in a tough spot basically.
With 2 weeks to go on 12:01 - Jul 25 with 3134 viewsAntti_Heinola

With 2 weeks to go on 10:37 - Jul 25 by Stanisgod

If Ned is our first choice full back for the season the rest of the divisions wide men must be licking their lips 😱😱

I doubt it. As a defender, few are better. One of the few players I've seen completely nullify Bale.
Ned's problem is going forward and his distribution, not his defending imo.

Bare bones.

With 2 weeks to go on 12:46 - Jul 25 with 3047 viewsStanisgod

With 2 weeks to go on 12:01 - Jul 25 by Antti_Heinola

I doubt it. As a defender, few are better. One of the few players I've seen completely nullify Bale.
Ned's problem is going forward and his distribution, not his defending imo.

We'll see.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

With 2 weeks to go on 13:12 - Jul 25 with 2994 viewsBrightonhoop

Cant help thinking both Newcastle and Norwich will struggle in this league far more than is anticipated. Time will tell. It's gone awfully quiet on FFP too.
With 2 weeks to go on 13:22 - Jul 25 with 2964 viewsPinnerPaul

With 2 weeks to go on 11:11 - Jul 25 by Northernr

We're well short, wide and in attack, but I'm not sure how we solve that TBH. We're not going to get promoted from the league with the teams that are in it this season anyway, so we shouldn't break the bank and risk a transfer embargo next season when we've got a better chance. That said, parachute payments are quickly draining away.

Can't agree with the logic that this season is any harder than others.

As I said earlier in the summer - every year 3 ("rich") teams come down from PL, 3 teams are promoted ("with momentum" )and we have 3 teams who made the play offs but didn't get promoted ("good sides who know the division")
With 2 weeks to go on 13:26 - Jul 25 with 2950 viewsdaveB

With 2 weeks to go on 13:22 - Jul 25 by PinnerPaul

As I said earlier in the summer - every year 3 ("rich") teams come down from PL, 3 teams are promoted ("with momentum" )and we have 3 teams who made the play offs but didn't get promoted ("good sides who know the division")

normally 1 of the 3 coming down is in a mess and does nothing, this time all 3 coming down should be strong and the likes of Sheff Wed, Derby, Wolves, Ipswich, Brighton, Reading, brum and Brentford are all decent. It does look a tougher league than normal
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 13:27]
With 2 weeks to go on 14:01 - Jul 25 with 2887 viewsToast_R

Got a bad feeling this team will struggle this year. I'm looking at that starting eleven and it just looks a bit powder puff especially for this level and duration. Where is the midfield enforcer, or the man at the back barking orders?

I do worry that there is potential to see a few folds coming our way when the chips are down, no doubt starting with Fulham.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 14:02]
With 2 weeks to go on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 2868 viewsPinnerPaul

With 2 weeks to go on 13:26 - Jul 25 by daveB

normally 1 of the 3 coming down is in a mess and does nothing, this time all 3 coming down should be strong and the likes of Sheff Wed, Derby, Wolves, Ipswich, Brighton, Reading, brum and Brentford are all decent. It does look a tougher league than normal
[Post edited 25 Jul 2016 13:27]

Aston Villa aren't a mess?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With 2 weeks to go on 14:09 - Jul 25 with 2856 viewsNorthernr

With 2 weeks to go on 13:22 - Jul 25 by PinnerPaul

I usually agree with you on this, and I think Villa could potentially crash and burn, but it does look strong this year to me after several lean seasons.
With 2 weeks to go on 14:17 - Jul 25 with 2822 viewsactonman

I'm a bit worried we ave no take no sh!t growler out there
No Derry , hill , Barton , dunne type characters !

Can see the rest of the league lining up outside the potting shed tbh
With 2 weeks to go on 14:47 - Jul 25 with 2772 viewsRangersDave

Sorry but I've not been following the pre season games much. Have we won one yet?
If so was it a convincing victory and did we look like a team that was telling?

As I said last year, and unfortunately the year before.....if we ain't playing a first team (that's a full first team) in these matches and don't win or even look insipid then we will struggle.

It's also true that if we don't win the first 1 or 2 matches then gloom and doom will descend on the team and we will continue to do poorly.

What we need is the players we need and now. Not breaking the bank for them, but raiding the lower leagues and making sure we damn well have them in the squad. It's no use buying them in 2/3 weeks and wondering why the team won't gel.

Mid to lower mid table unless we start with a Couple of wins

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

With 2 weeks to go on 15:26 - Jul 25 with 2715 viewsdaveB

With 2 weeks to go on 14:06 - Jul 25 by PinnerPaul

Aston Villa aren't a mess?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just had a takeover and although they were crap last year have hired a good manager and still have some very good players for this league. I think they'll do ok
With 2 weeks to go on 15:48 - Jul 25 with 2679 viewspaulparker

its going to be a tough league that's for sure, yes you have Newcastle, Norwich, Wolves , Sheff wed, Derby all big spenders and all have ambitions to get promoted , chuck in Brighton, Bristol City (they have bought well) Ipswich, Brentford , Cardiff & Leeds as well and its going to be very hard for us to get in the play offs ,
saying that ive been saying for a while that we could be dark horses as we have done what most teams haven't and that's build from the back first , we will be very hard to beat next year , what we need is another striker and 2 wide men
I see Alex Pritchard at Spurs has been told to find another club he would be a great signing if we can get him
I also think Gladwin could have a good one if he plays with confidence and be given games , I don't think we will miss Phillips or Hoilett at all
Im optimistic as I think Les and the scouts have been doing a great job as of late
and we still have the loan market for most of the season as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

With 2 weeks to go on 16:05 - Jul 25 with 2659 viewsAntti_Heinola

With 2 weeks to go on 12:46 - Jul 25 by Stanisgod

We'll see.

Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't be my choice. But I'd be surprised if any left winger would be delighted going up against Ned.

Bare bones.

With 2 weeks to go on 16:08 - Jul 25 with 2651 viewsAntti_Heinola

With 2 weeks to go on 14:47 - Jul 25 by RangersDave

Sorry but I've not been following the pre season games much. Have we won one yet?
If so was it a convincing victory and did we look like a team that was telling?

As I said last year, and unfortunately the year before.....if we ain't playing a first team (that's a full first team) in these matches and don't win or even look insipid then we will struggle.

It's also true that if we don't win the first 1 or 2 matches then gloom and doom will descend on the team and we will continue to do poorly.

What we need is the players we need and now. Not breaking the bank for them, but raiding the lower leagues and making sure we damn well have them in the squad. It's no use buying them in 2/3 weeks and wondering why the team won't gel.

Mid to lower mid table unless we start with a Couple of wins

Never take any notice of results in pre-season friendlies.
Charlton, of course, beat us on the opening day. How did their season turn out?
Pre-season friendlies are very, very rarely a worthy gauge of anything at all.

I am sure, like all clubs, they are trying very hard to get deals over the line. But rushing it could mean the wrong players or the wrong deals.

Bare bones.

With 2 weeks to go on 17:28 - Jul 25 with 2570 viewsstevec

With 2 weeks to go on 11:11 - Jul 25 by Northernr

As Roy Castle used to say, 'Consolidation's what you need'. Or something like that.
With 2 weeks to go on 21:40 - Jul 25 with 2457 viewsPunteR

With 2 weeks to go on 15:48 - Jul 25 by paulparker

its going to be a tough league that's for sure, yes you have Newcastle, Norwich, Wolves , Sheff wed, Derby all big spenders and all have ambitions to get promoted , chuck in Brighton, Bristol City (they have bought well) Ipswich, Brentford , Cardiff & Leeds as well and its going to be very hard for us to get in the play offs ,
saying that ive been saying for a while that we could be dark horses as we have done what most teams haven't and that's build from the back first , we will be very hard to beat next year , what we need is another striker and 2 wide men
I see Alex Pritchard at Spurs has been told to find another club he would be a great signing if we can get him
I also think Gladwin could have a good one if he plays with confidence and be given games , I don't think we will miss Phillips or Hoilett at all
Im optimistic as I think Les and the scouts have been doing a great job as of late
and we still have the loan market for most of the season as well

Looks like Pritchard is on our shopping list..

Agree with you PP. We look like a team thats hard to beat which makes a change. Chery,Washington, and even JET might surprise us and bag a few as well..
I'm still not convinced Caulker will be playing with us this season though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024